thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited June 2016

Good morning ladies. Nancy, yes I'm still here. I wasn't getting notifications for a few days. Just caught up. Welcome to the new ladies. Grateful for a test that showed that I am not losing any bone. After my hip replacement in February I am now up to walking a total of 2 miles, several days my total steps added up to 3 miles. I've also completely stopped using a cane. Thanks Ellen for all the encouragement. Also my husband's PSA has gone back to normal and his mild anemia has disappeared. All together very good news. We had a problem replacing a pool liner with the wrong liner and all the water drained out. I'm praying for God's guidance as to whether to put in another liner and have the pool filled again or just take it down. Minor inconvenience, not tragedy. It's good to know the difference. I'm still praying for summer work for my grandson and a job for my granddaughter. May you all feel God's presence and blessings today. Love, Jean

• roziekat
    roziekat Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2016

I have had so many people praying for me during my breast cancer diagnosis. I sent my pathology slides to another hospital for second opinion.Please pray they come back her2-. It was positive and have to have chemo. If it is negative it changes my treatment plan. I have been reading false positives can occur. God Bless all of you pray warriors...I will be lifting all of you up in prayer also...have one cat and one dog...so yes band woman I love animals .I am praying for no pain or body ache and that I rebound after chemo and can get things done around house..I know exhaustion is part of it...God bless Sue

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited June 2016

Good morning lady warriors,

Angie, I have had you on my heart for a long time. It is good to hear from you. How are YOU doing?

Jean, it is great to hear how well you are doing and your DH as well.

Rosiekat, since you don't have any statistics posted I read some of your previous posts to get a feel for what you are dealing with. I don't know too much about what you have but I do think another one of our ladies that we haven't heard from in a while had a similar kind of cancer but I am not sure about if hers is Her2 + or _. That would be great news if it came back different that you originally thought. Praying that could take place. If you do have to have your treatment tomorrow I pray that you will tolerate it very well. I can't imagine my cat with a dog but the neighbor dog likes to come into my yard and watch her as she looks at the patio door. I think they are friends from a distance. We will be praying for you for tomorrow.

Have a great day ladies.

Love

Nancy

• ARCats
    ARCats Member Posts: 105
    edited June 2016

This is for Roziekat going to surgery tomorrow and for all of us.

Ps. 5:11-12 "But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. Surely, Lord you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield."

You are all in my prayers tonight.

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

Joanne, I am glad you mentioned G. I have had her on my mind for quite a while. Because of the state of flooding in Texas I have been concerned. Bev who lives near Houston has told me that their house has not been affected but told me something like it took her three hours to get home which would normally be a 25 min. drive. They were going to be vacationing out West so I haven't replied to her yet.

So with G, Bev and Polly we have three sisters who have been a big part of our thread all located in Texas. We should pray for protection for all of them and their families.

I believe Sue (Rosiekat) is have chemo tomorrow and not surgery. That is unless she got another opposing opinion on her lab work when she was seeking a second opinion.

Lynn, was your interview today or next week, I prayed for you for today just in case.

Have a good night dear sisters.

• roziekat
    edited June 2016

when you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers,they shall not overwhelm you; When you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. ISAIAH 43:2

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed,for you LORD your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

As I go for chemo I will hold this close to my heart and pray for God's grace and mercies....

• roziekat
    edited June 2016

I don't know all you ladies but I can say you touch my heart when I read your posts.....thank you from my heart..

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited June 2016

Hello my sisters. Thank you for thinking of me. We've been busy packing up to move out of our rental home into our country home. I apologize for not checking in sooner. The children love looking at the stars at night and playing outside. I'm so thankful for the ability to purchase a home and a place for God to use for His purpose & glory. No issues with water where I live just lots of traffic stuff when it's down pouring.

I got my magazine too Joanne. It was so busy there I couldn't even see the stage!!!! Lol May the Lord hear the hearts cry of His people from America & the nations of the world. We need a movement of repentance to flood over all of us. Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord! I'm somewhere back behind one of the far trees on the left side ;)

My love and prayers go out to all of you. Believing with you for restoration in every area of your life as we cling to that old ruggid cross.

Love you sisters.

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2016

Ok so here I am up at 5am. I am so grateful for the beautiful sunrise turning the trees a bright orange. So beautiful. It looks like the pool will be opened again but probably not for a few weeks. God is so wonderful. I pray that all of you stay close to Jesus today as you go through scary treatments, deal with pain, recover, go on with your changed life. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

G, great to hear from you. You move to the country sounds exciting. Praying for strength in the move. Glad to hear that the flooding was not an issue for you.

Sue (Rosiekat) praying for your first chemo today.

Jean, yes there is life after cancer. PTL

Joanne, prays for you today.

Have a great day dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• ARCats
    edited June 2016

I just heard that today is friendship day. A big hug to all my new friends. God Bless

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

Thanks for the heads up Arcats. Hugs to you too!

Joanne, thanks for the banner. It is always good to be reminded that the Lord is ALWAYS working on our behalf even though we can't always see it.

Two of my very favorite things. Friends and bunnies!

Have a good night prayer warriors.

Love,

Nancy

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited June 2016

Awww, so far behind on the posts!!

Rosieckat, praying that your first Chemo goes very well! My first Chemo was 12 years ago, and things have much improved!! You will do great!! You have the Great Physician on your side😃😃😃

Thank you for all your prayers for my son and daughter in law! They are expecting a son in Decenber! God is Good and the power of prayer is amazing!

Praying for you Nancy, that your digestive issues resolve!!

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2016

Jo thanks for the banners. Good reminder I needed. I've been stressing lately over my grandson not being able to get a job or an internship for the summer. He graduates college next year and needs to work this summer. Numerous resumes sent and several interviews but nothing. I give it to God then take it back. Aaaaagghhh! Sorry for the vent. Tonight I am grateful that he is well and healthy, not on drugs nor lazy. A good kid. Thank you Jesus. Love, Jean

• ARCats
    edited June 2016

Joanne,

I'm sorry you are going through this . You are in my prayers.

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited June 2016

Joanne,

I am so so sorry. Reading your message broke my heart. Praying for your pain to end. God send your ministering angels to comfort our sister in Christ. Lift her head and wipe her tears. She is your precious daughter and loves you so. We all agree in prayer for your touch and hand on her. Bless her today in a special way. In Jesus name! Amen

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

Praying for you Joanne. Lord, touch our dear sister and help her through this most difficult time that she has been in for a long time. Help her to a full and complete recovery from all of these surgeries she has had that has taken such a toll on her. Help her with her pain and infuse strength into her body. Give her reason to hope that better days are just around the corner. Give her a good night's rest and I pray that tomorrow will be a good day for her. In Jesus Name Amen.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited June 2016

Dear Joanne! It saddens me that you are not feeling well! Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers! You are a wonderful and faithful servant!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited June 2016

Twin (JO-5), know that prayers have gone up for you. Wishing you and DH well, less stress, peace.

Phyllis

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2016

Dear Jo, I am praying for your restoration. Love, Jean

• roziekat
    edited June 2016

praying for you joanne.....God bless you!

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

How are YOU doing Sue? How did your first treatment go?

Joanne, still praying.

Love

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited June 2016
    I have been thanking God that this has been a good week for me with two different doctors telling me I am doing well and responding to the treatment. However, when I hear of so many that are not doing well, especially Joanne, I am so very sorry for the pain and all everyone is going through, it makes me so very sad. So many have physical ailments but I've just read tonight of many who seem be in despair and having such a hard time dealing with this cancer. I pray that all find healing of body and mind and can trust in the power of God's healing graces.

Faith (in the future).
  • ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited June 2016

praying for you Joanne. God bless you!

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

That's great news for you Faith. I find that on this thread as we all go through rough times at different times those who feel strong lift up those who are going through a rough patch and vice versa.

Joanne, praying you have a much better day today a feel better in all ways.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited June 2016

Hello everyone. I'm sorry I haven't been on the thread since April. It dropped from my favorites without me noticing. I read the last few posts and I too pray for Joanne to be healed and delivered from pain. Friends I need to ask you for help in praying for both my mother and her sister in law. My mom is 83 and battlIng an urinary infection. Unfortunately she likes to drink alcohol frequently and that is not going to work with the antibiotics she needs to take for the infection. Please pray for my mother to be released from the claws of alcoholism and healing from the infection. My aunt is 86 and today at 3 pm central time is going through surgery to remove a grapefruit sized tumor. Please pray that she comes out ok from the surgery. Everything I pray is always in Jesus name and according to His will not mine.

I've added the thread back to my favorites and will be more faithful in following your posts.

Your friend

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

Aurora, I am glad to see your post. I think we have probably all had that happen where for some reason our favorites get's knocked out. I am glad you found us again. I prayed for your mom and your aunt as soon as I saw your post today.

Joanne, praying for all of these things that are making you miserable to just vanish. Lord, I pray that you would touch Joanne from the top of her head to the bottom of her feet. I pray that you will take this sickness or whatever is and remove it from her. With her chronic pain I pray that she will find a solution very, very soon. Help her to hang on during this very rough time. In Jesus name I pray. Amen,

Love

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited June 2016
    Nancy, thank you for the kind words, you are so right, we all go through our rough times and I feel at times like those, it is the prayers of all here and within my family and friends who are asking God to lift us up and I can feel the strength come back to me.

Joann, I'm so sorry that you are atill feeling so bad and will continue to pray that you find the strength and help you need to weather this trial.

I have been praying that my son finds a better job and he is right now interviewing for one so I ask that God bless him and if this is the one he should have, it will be his as he continues to try to find the right thing to do with his life and be able to support his family. I also am asking for continued prayers for my son-in-law who is still looking for work. May God bless these wonderful young men and all others who need to support their families. In Jesus name we pray!

It is a beautiful sunny day here and may the sun shine on you wherever you are and give you a wonderful day and weekend.

Faith (in the future)
  • bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

We have several in need of jobs. Ellens, son Stephen, Jean's grandson and Faith's son and SIL. Let's lift these men up to you and pray that God will provide for them and their families through a great and rewarding job for everyone of them.

Joanne, praying that you feel much better today.

Ladies, I am having a time controlling my thyroid meds. My GI problems has now morphed into acid reflux which I haven't had issues with in years. I have no idea if one could affect the other. With my thyroid meds I swing from a depressed state if I am too low and then insomnia if too much. My doctor has given me the green light to tweak the meds as it has been a tricky situation for months and I can't seem to find a happy balance. I will not see my endocrinologist until the end of July and I am sure we will revisit the biopsy again. I would appreciate your prayers for wisdom. I am stopping my digestive enzymes for a short time and see what happens.

It is to be record heat here today. I pray that you all have a good day and enjoying all of those unexpected blessings the Lord gives us every single day if we have eyes to see.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited June 2016

Nancy , thank you for your prayers! My aunt came out of surgery ok. I don't know much because they're in Mexico and I'm in the USA but it seems she'll be alright. My mom has promised to stay Off the booze for the 7 days her antibiotic treatment takes. But I know a lot about alcoholism and is not easy to quit cold turkey even for a few days so please continue praying.

I have prayed and will continue praying for you to find a balance with your thyroid meds. When I was first diagnosed with mets I was put on levothyroxine .050 mg and I had all diarrhea, acid reflux and nausea fortunately I didn't have to tweak too much. The next time I saw my PCP he switched me to .075 mg and all symptoms disappeared I'm still taking that dose. Praying you find your middle ground soon.

Praying for everyone else to have a peaceful, pain free weekend.

Aurora