thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited June 2016

I am so sorry to have been off this wonderful thread so long!!

Nancy, thank you for your prayers for my son and DIL!! I so appreciate your prayers and encouragement!! So glad you are swimming again!! So sad to hear about Lucy and her husband!

Joanne, thank you for your wonderful and encouraging posters! Prayers for continued healing!!

Praying for you all!!

• ARCats
    ARCats Member Posts: 105
    edited June 2016

Joanne,

I send prayers to you and yours friends. That God embraces them in his loving arms of grace and healing in Jesus name. Amen

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited June 2016

Good evening dear ladies,

Joanne, I read your request for your neighbor and I have been praying several times today. Ladies I am going to have to respond to your posts tomorrow as I don't think I have one ounce of energy left in me tonight. It has been a VERY long day and was a short nigth going into it. I think I am finally wrapping up getting my yard into shape and just got in from that. I like to do my flowers and yard work in the evening when it is cooler. I had to part with my very dear old friend............my old sleeper sofa today. I have had it for years and years. I started in the works in January to have a new sofa sleeper custom made and after months and months I will finally get it tomorrow. This all started because I thought I might have to have knee surgery and all my bedrooms are upstairs. There has been quite a few hitches along the way. The guys that came today to take my old sofa away I thought was going to break down my front door before it was all over. If they didn't damage the sofa by the time it got to their truck it will be a miracle. I have been working on a photography wall behind my sofa since last summer and got that all up and praying that it will be the right height for the new sofa sleeper as I forgot to measure today. Oh well. I framed some of my special photos that meant something to me like my swans and butterflies.

Faith, i appreciate you sharing your heart with us. I can't imagine how difficult it is for you but I do pray for you and will continue to do so.

I am sorry to not respond to everyone like I would like but I will do that hopefully tomorrow. It will be happy dance time having my livingroom makeover and my yard finally coming together.

Have a good evening.

Love

Nancy

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited June 2016

Nancy, as always I would like to remind you that you are human too and deserving of some down time. Congratulations on getting your new sleeper sofa and getting your garden in order. Now some deserved sleep and God continues to watch over all of us.

Good night.

Aurora

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited June 2016

With My By Debbie

With my heart make me kind,

That I keep the good in mind.

With my hands make them strong,

That I may help others along.

With my ears make me hear,

Only the good when others are near.

With my lips may I speak, Of God's

love which other seek.

With my eyes may I see,

All the joy's God has given me.

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2016

How precious is Your love,

O God, We take refuge in the

shadow of Your wings. Psalm 36:8

May the God of hope fill you

with all joy and peace in believing,

so that you may have hope by the

power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited June 2016
    JO-5. Thank you for your kind words and prayers, I need all the prayers I can get. I'm feeling upbeat most days but on occasion when I'm really feeling the side effects it gets harder and I just want my old life back before the return of this cancer. It's on those days, when I feel everyone's prayers asking God to lift me up. We don't always get what we want but I'm very hopeful that whatever I'm given will still be a good life. I just want to live longer than my husband as I know he will be totally lost without me. I don't think men are as strong as women and can't be alone. I've been praying that God may give you strength to deal with all the pain you've had. I'm also keeping your neighbor and now the cousin in my prayers. I love all the banners you post. They really speak to my heart.

Nancy, thank you also for your prayers and kind words. Sometimes it's hard to share your story but I hope that by sharing I can give some hope to others facing even more difficult things than I am. I also want to echo what Aurora has said, you need some downtime and rest, even God rested on the seventh day.😉

Footprints, I love all your poems.

I will pray for all of you here that you may sleep well and wake refreshed and pain free to a bright new day.

May God bless you all.

Faith (in the furture)
  • SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited June 2016

Good morning ladies. A picture from my Billy Graham devotional today. Such a true & profound statement. Gods blessings to everyone today & prayers that everyone gets an extra touch from Him. Xoxo G

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

Amen G.

Will check in later with all you dear ladies.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

That is a very beautiful card Joanne. I can see why you would want to send it to a friend and frame one for yourself. The Hebrews verse is the one the Lord spoke to me so clearly when I first realized that I probably had cancer before I actually got the dx officially.

Charlotte, I read your post and never had a chance to respond but I am thrilled to hear that you are doing so well. That is a real answer to prayer. I am glad your school is over. Do you work at the school over the summer?

Debbie, thank you for your posts. I love the thought of taking refuge in the shadow of His wings. It is a very comforting verse.

G, are you all getting settled in your country house. I bet you have more space for the kids to play possibly. Are you still teaching your breast cancer class?

Aurora, thank you for the reminder. Sometimes I am my worst enemy and don't know when to say stop to myself. Even though I have been retired for five years sometimes I still impose these deadlines on myself which I know I need to just take it easy and realize the work will still be there tomorrow. Of course I say all of this after working in my roses tonight until it was almost completely dark. How are you doing?

Kathy, glad to see you back. You are missed when you are not here.

Angie, I will be praying that we can both be healed from these GI issues.

Jean, I have missed seeing you. Are you doing okay?

Ellen, hope you are enjoying seeing the baby birds leaving the nest. I finally got up my hummingbird feeder today. We have several neighbors who already have established feeders so I hope I am not too late getting up for the season. This is my first time with a hummer feeder so it should be fun. I have it near my patio door so I can take some pictures from inside. Hopefully Cammie won't scare them away.

Mini, I hope you are recovering from your dental work and praying your husband can get through it as well.

I can't scroll back so I am only trusting my memory and i am sure I have left out someone and I apologize for that.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited June 2016

Hi Everyone, I continue to pray along with each post. Nancy, I'm doing well, no pain or side effects to report and according to my blood tests the treatment is working so altogether good. Have a restful night everyone.

Aurora

• SA8PG
    edited June 2016

Thanks for checking on us Nancy. I love your eye & heart for flowers. You take such pretty pictures. Thank you for posting when your able. We all understand that life gets a bit crazy.

Yes, I'm teaching the classes. Dates are on the books for Fall 2016 & Spring & Fall 2017. The most wonderful news in my church is going to let me teach it there as well. Praise God. Country life is very calming. We are all enjoying it so much. I thank God for this specific answer to a 5 yearprayer.

Sending prayers to all my sisters on here that as we begin our day we would be filled to more than enough and overflowing to set out and go plant seeds in our circle of influence, it starts with the people we are closest too on a daily basis and then spreads out.

God bless you all.

G

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

Aurora, that is such great news. I pray that you will have a great summer.

G, so glad to hear you are enjoying the country life. I love the peace that comes with a country setting. So glad you will be able to teach this class at your church as well. If your church is like ours they screen their leadership with a lot of scrutiny so that speaks well of your character and leadership abilities. Congrats.

Have a great day dear ladies.

Love

Nancy

• Kindergarten
    edited June 2016

Dear Nancy, you are so kind!! I am so glad You are feeling better!! I love coming here!! You all have become dear friends!! I so appreciate all of your prayers, and please know YOU are all in my prayers!!

G- Your posts are always so thoughtful and kind!!

Jo-5 , your posters made my day!!

Debbie, How are You???

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited June 2016

So sorry to hear about Lucy. She was such an encouragement to me. Happy both she and her hubby are safe at home.

I had an interesting little lesson and miracle this last week. I had been obsessing about my grandson getting a summer internship in the computer field. This week I finally let go and confessed I was making an idol out of it. Today Bob got a job in a local supermarket installing fencing of all things. God is surely very patient with me. I'm such a slow learner. Love, Jean

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2016

United

United we stand

and proud to show,

Our love for each other

and the God we know.

We are one in God,

With caring hands to

lend, always helping a friend

Because we are one family,

United by God. By Debbie

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2016

May the God of hope fill

you with all joy and peace

in believing, so that you

may abound in hope by the

power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

May Your kindness, Lord

be upon us; we put out

hope in You. Psalm 33:22

I, the Creator, who gave them

life. Peace, peace to the far

and the near, says the Lord;

and I will heal them. Isaiah 57:19

• Kindergarten
    edited June 2016

Beautiful, Debbie! Jean, I do the same thing!! I let my worry consume me!! I need to Let Go and Let God!! It is OK, God knows how human we are !!

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

• Kindergarten
    edited June 2016

Love this poster, Nancy!! Thank you for sharing!!

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited June 2016

It's day two for my husband and his dental surgery. Today he says he is "uncomfortable." I'm on day 9 and have take two Vicodin and 8 ibuprofen so far. Go figure. Mine was on the lower jaw in the back which the doc said is more difficult, and I had the space for 3 teeth done, to his one. I'm glad he's had a better experience. It is a little better today, so tomorrow should be a little better than today. :-) It will be worth it when it is done. Praying for good bone growth over the next 6 months.

Blessings

• SA8PG
    edited June 2016

Mini. Prayers for both you & your hubby as you recover from dental surgery. God bless you.

Nancy thank you for posting and the lovely scripture banners. I look forward to reading them daily when you, Jo & others post.

Deb. Thank you for the lovely poems. You always seem to post something that blesses someone. Love!!!!

Jean & Kathy. 100% with you on let go & let God!!! What else can we do honestly?!?!?

Sending love & prayers to everyone on here. Wrapping up my day thankful to stillbe here to celebrate one of my children's birthdays. Thank you Lord.

Blessings,

G

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited June 2016

Today I am so grateful for my grandson's summer job installing fences. He started yesterday and is very glad to be working. The sunshine on the trees is so beautiful. If our sinfull world is so lovely, I can't imagine what the new Earth will look like! Hope you all have a blessed healing day. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

Good morning dear ladies,

Praying that you all have a great weekend.

Mini, I have been praying for both you and your husband. I have had trouble with oral surgery in the past so I can sympathize.

Jean, so glad your grandson got a job and you are seeing God's blessings.

Joanne, praying that you don't push too hard.

Kathy, thank you for your encouragement. How are YOU doing?

G, praying you all thoroughly enjoy your new country home and praising God you are around to enjoy one of your children's birthdays. You are amazing.

Debbie, how is Faithful Grace coming along. Love your posts!

I had a great time at an outdoor concert with some friends last night. It was just what I needed to enjoy the music and laugh. It was a fun concert.

Love,

Nancy

• ARCats
    ARCats Member Posts: 105
    edited June 2016

AMEN Sister Nancy,

We will go through so much here on earth, but as the word says NO ONE will separate us from HIS LOVE.

God Bless, Have a great weekend everyone.

• longtimesurvivor
    longtimesurvivor Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2016

imageHi dear Ladies!

What an amazing time of year it is. God be praised. 4 Seasons always helps me appreciate this time of year.

I've been working away at a foundation for my youngest sons best friend who died last Fall of osteosarcoma aged 22. This helps with perspective when I am tempted toward self pity.. My 7 month old puppy, Otis is huge and sweet and a joy. Thought I'd say hello, its been months~ and I am blessed beyond belief to say I'm still doing well getting Herceptin every 3 weeks. Scans come in August.

Blessings to you all-

Allison

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

Yes, Arcats that is true!

Allison, It is SOOOOOOO good to hear from you. I still think of you and pray for you. I am so glad to hear you are doing well and working at this foundation. I know you wanted to find a purpose and I think God answered that prayer. Look at Otis all grown up. He is so cute. I just love watching all the dogs and their owners walking through the neighborhood. I see that this one big white dog now has a friend.............another big white dog. Not sure if the guy owner found a lady friend or what but I do get a kick out of watching them through my kitchen widow. Don't be a stranger. Love hearing from you. Take care and have a great weekend.

Love,

Nancy

• Kindergarten
    edited June 2016

Prayers for healing for you and your husband, Mini!

G, How wonderful that you celebrated your child's birthday!! Fun Day!!

Allison, Beautiful picture! Your dog is beautiful!

ARCats, Have a wonderful weekend!!

Nancy, I am doing great, thank you for asking!! Hope you are doing great!

Jean, so glad your grandson has a job for the summer!!

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2016

Assurance

When life is bright and sunny

Or when the teardrops fall,

There is one thing I am sure of;

God's with me through it all.

He did not put me on this earth

To walk life's path alone.

He sent His Son to be my Guide,

The dearest Friend I know.