thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• ARCats
    ARCats Member Posts: 105
    edited July 2016

My prayers are with you, and for the needs that have been posted here.

God bless

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited July 2016

Prayed for the request that have been posted.

love across the miles,

Angie

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited July 2016

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited July 2016

I'm praying for all of you and the needs that have been posted here, may God bestow His gracious mercy on all who especially need His help today.

Faith (in the future)

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Amen Joanne.

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited July 2016

I have a cold and my cat scratched me this morning when I was trying to give her her antibiotic. It was in the arm where I have lymph nodes removed so I'm a little concerned about lymphedema. Prayer would be appreciated. I will probably see the Urgent Care doctor later today. Today I am grateful for the support of you ladies, from other friends, from my hubby. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Jean, I am sure that you probably know this already but you need to wash those scratches with soap and water and then you could use something like Neosporin and then bandage it and keep a watchful eye for infection. Cats are difficult when it come to administering meds to them. Sorry yours reacted the way it did. Praying that you feel better with your cold and that this scratch will heal with no complications.

I have shared about my 100 year old college professor before and posted a picture of him a few months ago when he turned 100. He has been in hospice for many, many months and for a while he was actually doing better and he was even taking an online history course for part of that time. I have been writing him letters and sending him many of my photography photos that I thought would brighten his day. I did call him for the first time yesterday. He is truly amazing and he did say every day is a question mark at this point. I thanked him again for the huge impact he had on my life. He was my clarinet professor and many of my teaching principals I borrowed from him with my clarinet students and school students. He said he wanted to stay in touch. I did give him my testimony in great detail quite a while ago in a letter. His response left me with more questions than answers but I do pray that He does have his time with God before he passes.

Have a great weekend dear ladies and Joanne I am praying you feel much better.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

2 Chronicles 7:4

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

As we have yet another senseless tragedy in our country we pray for Dallas, TX for their tremendous loss. We pray for the families and co workers and friends of these police officers. We pray for the community that is now in fear and shock. We are living in times that the Bible said would come to pass. We should not lose heart but we do need to pray for our land. We need to speak up and not be afraid to share our faith with the world. The world is lost and scared and has no hope but we have the hope in us through Jesus living in us as our Lord and Savior. It is times like these that we may have the most receptive audience with our neighbors and coworkers that do not know of this hope. Let's be that light to this world that sorely needs it.

Love,

Nancy

• Blessedteacher37
    Blessedteacher37 Member Posts: 297
    edited July 2016

Good evening ladies,

Just a quick check in...you are in my prayers. I read the posts daily, although I don't post very often.

I do have a prayer request for a former coworker. I heard today, through a mutual friend, that my teacher friendDenise has breast cancer, and is beginning procedures and chemo immediately, My friend doesn't know the stage or type, but is flying in from CO the first week of August to see her and visit with all her teacher friends here. All she knows is that Denise said it was aggressive . Please add a prayer for Denise, who like so many of you has children and grandchildren who depend on her. She is a Christian, and I pray that all those she has helped will rally around her now.

Hope all of you are feeling well, able to manage those nasty side effects, and continued healing from surgeries and procedures! May our Lord give you a peace and a hope...Ellen

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Father, we pray for Denise who has found out she has an aggressive form of breast cancer. I pray that you will hold her hand and help lead her through the murky waters of shock and fear that we all go through when hearing our diagnosis. We pray that you not only give her physical strength but spiritual and emotional strength as she starts her journey of treatments and possible side effects. We pray for her family that you would give them strength and wisdom in how they can best help her. We are thankful for coworkers coming in to be with her and I pray that she will feel that sense of support and community as she charts her course with the doctors help and of course with your guidance. Give her that peace that passes all understanding and I pray that she will draw close to you during this time of crisis.

Ellen, I pray that you will be a good support to her as well. You will certainly understand what she is going through and she may want a listening ear during this journey.

Have a restful night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• ARCats
    edited July 2016

Jean, I'm sorry that you were scratch by your cat. I have three and they can be difficult sometimes especially when it's time to administer their med's. Take care.

Nancy, we sometimes don't realize the impact we have on others and I'm sure your life has been a testimony to him. I'll be praying for your long time friend to somehow come to the understanding of who God really is.

Ellen, I'll be praying for Denise that God give her the strength to come through this trial of BC.

I'll also pray for our country that all the tragedy that has unfolded in the last couple of months bring us closer to God. That through these hardships we as Christians can truly be the army that God has called to reach out to a world that is lost. I can't imagine the pain that the families are facing but we can surely pray for them.

To all my sisters in Christ, I claim God's blessings and protection for you and your families.

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited July 2016

Hello to all. I feel like I have just read a book catching up on all the pages in this thread. Life has been so busy for the past few weeks with visiting others and having family at my house. I feel like I have (am) on a roller coaster......cooking, entertaining, trying to keep everyone happy. And, my new dog has me up esrly wanting to go to the dog park!

However, there is not a night that I do not pray for all of you on this thread. While I may not keep up with everyone's needs and requests, I pray for you. Tonight I include Ellen's friend, Denise. Prayer is powerful and I am forever grateful for those who have prayed and continue to for me. My God is my refuge and friend.

I was not chosen for the Living Beyond Breast Cancer outreach person. My thought is that they wanted people with fundraising experience and contacts with the media. I am fine with that as it allows me more time to help others in a more personal way. God has other plans for me. Some of you may know I am leading an exercise class and there is a woman in my class waiting for a surgery date for a very rare condition. Her bone structure is disintegrating behind her face. She has had a mold made (I really don't understand it all) and will have her skull opened, bones removed, eye removed, artificial bone structure (replacement) put behind her face, then eye put back in. She is very scared. Pray for her. Please.

Have a good weekend.

Lynn

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Good morning dear ladies,

Arcats, thank you. For everyone of us our life is on display for all to see. That is a great responsibility if we are representing Christ in us.

Lynn, it is good to hear from you. You have been a busy lady and a new dog on top of that. You know many of us are animal lovers here and we would love to see some pics of the new addition. God obviously has something else in mind for you no doubt.

Have a wonderful day dear ladies. For me today the big question is this since it is a glorious day of reprieve from the heat and humidity........To clean or not to clean, that is the question!!!!!

• zjrosenthal
    edited July 2016

Good evening all. I finally broke down and went to urgent care. The cat scratches are healing fine but my breathing isn't great. She gave me a nebulizer treatment and antibiotics and an inhaler. If not better by Tuesday, I'm supposed go to see my primary doc. I had an incident earlier where I couldn't stop coughing or catch my breath. I used the inhaler and it helped. Hubby just basically ignored me. I got upset even though I realize it is probably his handicap operating. Sometimes I get resentful that I mostly need to be my own caregiver and his too. Prayers appreciated. Thank you. Love, Jean

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited July 2016

I always pray for everyone here and their needs but Jean I especially pray for you tonight that God may help you through these trying times. I can't imagine how hard it must be to be the caregiver for your husband while also feeling so sick yourself. May God bless you with His healing graces.

May God bless our country and help us to somehow find a way to peace.

Faith (in the future)

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited July 2016

Praying for Jean and Praying for peace

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

• zjrosenthal
    edited July 2016

I believe great change is coming and life as I now know it is soon to be over. This is the impression I got last night. Whether it's just for me or for our nation or our world I don't know. Pray, pray, pray.. ... Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited July 2016

Please pray for my granddaughter Alexia and for her little Valentina. She and her boyfriend broke up last week and she is having a really hard time. Thanks. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited July 2016

I just,spoke to my dtr and it seems my grandaughter has agreed to go into inpatient treatment. Please pray for Alexia that God will send Christian workers and get her the treatments she needs. Thank you. Love, Jean

• auroaya
    edited July 2016

Amen Joanne!

And prayers for your granddaughter Jean:

"Our father in Heaven, I pray right now and in this minute after reading Jean's post so I may not forget. I pray for Alexia that You may bless her and she may be healed. Please send angels around her in human form that may take care of her while she's in the hospital receiving treatment. I pray for her family including Jean that they may feel at peace knowing that You are the Great Physician and that she is in your lovely hands. I pray all these things with thanks in the name of Jesus. Amen!

Have a great week sisters!

Aurora

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited July 2016

My friend has gone to be with the Lord. He died 3 days after going to hospice. I know his family would not want him to suffer any longer, and are at peace, but he will be greatly missed by many. He was our church pianist and accountant, and his family is involved in many ministries. I'm so glad he lived to see and spend time with his absolutely adorable new grandson. It seems we have lost so many of the saints in our church lately.

I spent the week completing household projects with my husband. I am beat. Any doubts I had about my ability to work f/t have been eliminated. I may be able to work a few weeks here and there, but there is no way I could work f/t consistently. So I am enjoying my p/t job, working around the house, and looking forward going to my sisters in February.

I hope you are all enjoying your summer.

Blessings

• ARCats
    edited July 2016

Nancy and Joanne, Great Banners, Praise God He is true to His word.

Jean, you and in my prayers. I will also pray that Alexia has a encounter with God, to heal and fill her with His peace.

Mini1, I'm sorry for the lost of your friend. Even though we know what the word says about our love ones, we still miss them.

Have a blessed week everyone. Pray for our nation, because we are in trying times.

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Good evening dear ladies,

Jean, I hope you feel better. I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that Alexia is having with her relationship with her boyfriend ending. I am glad she is getting some needed help. I know that must be hard for you and your family to see her go through these hard times but will be praying that she can heal in all ways.

Mini, I am sorry for your loss and glad that your friend did not have to suffer anymore. I am glad he is with the Lord and at peace. Praying for the family and friends that will miss him dearly.

Amen Joanne. Our head pastor was really broken up about the events of the past few days. Our church held a prayer for our nation service tonight. I ended up taking a very long nap this afternoon and waking up after this service had started. I had thought about going but we can all individually pray for our nation and we need to. I am thankful that I go to a church that has every race and nationality represented in large numbers. We love each other and it doesn't matter what color skin we have or what country we come from. I know what happens when God is at the center and that is what our nation needs. We need God's love to unify us and to heal the hurts and injustices that have taken place in our country. There is hurt and anger that must be addressed and that is where we need to pray for wisdom and direction for our leaders to help us forge through these troubled times.

Have a good night's rest dear sisters and have a good week.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

• auroaya
    edited July 2016

Amen! God is indeed our refuge! Thank you Nancy for posting that.

Aurora

• zjrosenthal
    edited July 2016

Dear ladies please keep praying for my daughter who is a bit overwhelmed. My granddaughter Alexia is going into rehab, my great granddaughter Valentina has another UTI and without going into more detail, things are difficult right now. Praise to God, I am grateful that the little one doesn't have to be hospitalized again with the UTI and that my breathing is slowly improving. Love, Jean

• auroaya
    edited July 2016

Prayers sent, Jean. God will provide and heal.

Aurora

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited July 2016

Praying Jean.

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited July 2016

Reading your posts before bed and praying for all of us and our country.