thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited June 2016

Today I am very grateful that my new pool liner is finally being installed and the pool opened. Beautiful day. Love, Jean.

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited June 2016

Today my family and I went to our regular church ( we keep the seventh day sabbath) and the pastor encouraged us not to give up on our faith even if we are not perfect in our walk with God for He is not done with us yet.

God bless.

Aurora

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited June 2016

Joanne. Lifting up your friend's husband in prayer. I'm sorry he is dealing with mrsa & kidney issues after his knee replacement.

How are you feeling? Are you still in a lot of pain? Hugs and love tonight dear sister & to all of you on here. May the Lord comfort, heal, bind up, and keep us under the shadow of His wings.

God bless you all. May tomorrow bring you a refreshing word from God whether you are able to attend church or watch on tv or on line.

Good night.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited June 2016

This lyric from Casting Crown's song Just Be Held has been on my heart since hearing of Lucy and Steve passing.

So when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away
    You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held
    Your world's not falling apart, it's falling into place
    I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held
    Just be held, just be held

In every single one of our tough situations I think most of them boil down to totally trusting God no matter what the circumstances look like to our finite minds. One thing the Lord has been showing me over the last several months is that his sense of time and space is not ours. We are operating under a whole different paradigm. It does help me to understand the idea that God is not answering our prayers on our time frame because our time frame and His are completely different. I am not sure if I am making sense here. I know what I want to say but not sure it is coming across for anyone else to understand what I am saying. The simple phrase God is God and we are not is so true. It is all about trusting Him no matter what. That takes some dying to self and giving up some of our wants. As G mentioned in a recent post Christianity does come with a cost and that is so true. Hang on to Jesus and do not lean unto your own understanding.

I hope everyone has a good night and restful sleep. Joanne, I am so sorry to hear about this man having chronic kidney disease from this knee replacement. Prayers that the doctors will be able to help him through this time and prayers for his acceptance of what is and hope for what might be able to be done for him.

Good night dear sisters. Aurora, it is a good thing that God is not done with us yet. We are all a work in progress as he perfects us in trials and tribulations that help to form us into more perfect beings that we are becoming. Help us to be pliable in His hands.

Love,

Nancy

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited June 2016

God's Undying Love

Whenever you are sick and discouraged

And everything seems to go wrong;

Put your hand in the hand of the Savior,

The hands that are loving, but strong.

He promised us 'strength for the weary,"

He promised His undying love.

So, if you think you can't take anymore--

Turn your eyes to the Father above. By Helen Ruth Ashton

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited June 2016

Dear Nancy, Beautifully said!!!

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2016

Grateful for a great sermon today. God did some emotional healing in me. My hubby has been having bowel issues and couldn't get to church. Also please keep Brandon, the young man who installed my pool liner yesterday in prayer. In talking with him he has been having some serious family problems and I was able to witness about the power of the Lord to take care of these things for him. He was given a gospel of John and seemed very open. Love, Jean

• enjoyevrymoment
    enjoyevrymoment Member Posts: 239
    edited June 2016

Catching up on posts. This doctorate has been brutal, it is something I am honored to be involved with but certainly challenging! Yesterday my son was married and I felt so grateful to a)be there and b)see him marry a wonderful girl.

Hoping you all are well, I took off today to recover, knew I wouldn't sleep well just replaying the joy.... attached some pics

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

Cindy, what a lovely couple. Beautiful pics and wonderful memories you will have of that day. I am assuming that is you and DH. Another lovely couple. I was just getting ready to post this banner and I saw your email post come in. As our head pastor has shared from the pulpit many times, he will say this day could be the best day of some of your lives and it could be the worst for others. I know there are some here struggling and hence this banner but by no means to take away the joy that you have. I am glad you have a day off. When I got my Masters degree I said that is enough. I had to continue with coursework for my teaching position anyway. I had a good friend go on to get her PhD in education. Everyone has their own path and I know it is a rough one but you will get through it.

Debbie, thank you always for your inspirational posts. I hope you don't mind me sharing the fact that you have a new service dog. I know many have prayed for that so it is nice to see answers to prayer. God Bless you and Faithful Grace.

Kathy, thank you.

Jean, praying you and DH feel better today. Prayers for Brandon to receive Jesus.

This verse has been posted several times in different banners but it is such a powerful verse that it bears repeating often. I hope this will help those who need a boost today.

Have a good day dear sisters. I am up earlier than usual getting ready for a tree to be removed so I am going to enjoy the peace and quiet before that process starts!

Love,

Nancy

• SA8PG
    edited June 2016

Oh Cindy. Thank you for sharing pictures of the wedding. Such a beautiful couple. I pray that they are blessed beyond measure as they journey out together for God. May they receive the blessing of Psalms 1:1-3. This made my day. You should feel so proud as a momma. Thank you for sharing their picture and yours as well with your hubby. You are blessed.

I'm getting ready to celebrate my 19 years with my hubby over the 4th of July. Praying God will grant us 50 + more years. God bless you all.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited June 2016

SA8PG, Happy Anniversary!! Have a wonderful celebration!! Did I read that you have 8 children? You are so blessed!! And your posts are always so kind and thoughtful!!

Joanne! How are you feeling, today?

Enjoyeverymoment! Love your signature! It sounds like you do!!😃😃😃 Beautiful wedding pictures!!

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited June 2016

Cindy, thank you for sharing such beautiful pictures, they match your "handle" very well. Enjoy Every Moment". I love that sentiment and that is what I am trying to do as cancer has taught me that lesson once again.

Nancy, you always have just the right words to say and I love all the banners you and others post. They all seem to speak to my heart. While I may not post a lot, I always read the posts and keep everyone here with their requests in my prayers.

I do have another request for prayers, there are always so many things to pray for. However, I met a women on Saturday at a class that I went to at my cancer center on using hypnosis to relax and reduce stress. This is an older woman named Lynn, who is probably close to meeting God and she is so distraught because she doesn't know if she should continue treatment or just stop and go into hospice. I tried to offer a few words of comfort but somehow I don't think she could hear anything because she is so stressed, so I just told her I would pray for her and maybe if you all pray also, she will find peace and know the right thing to do.

Thank you all for your continued prayers, God Bless you and may the sun shine on you wherever you are.

Faith (in the future)

• zjrosenthal
    edited June 2016

I am so grateful for peace and joy today. My new pool liner is leaking and Brandon has to come back. I was stressing over it then hubby said that God is giving more time with him to witness. Later I began to laugh and wrote a short peace titled "The Great American Pool Fiasco". I sent it to the Readers Digest. God's will as to weather they print it. I also took my cat to the vet today as I found maggots in her water. Yuk! It turns out she is in no danger from them but they took some blood and I get results tomorrow. She also needs some extensive dental work and two extractions. I have to schedule that after I get the blood work results. Poor kitty. She was so scared she peed in the carrier and cried all the way there and back. Her name is Socks and we took her in as a stray many years ago. She is a sweet creature who hates to be trapped. I know how she feels. Cindy, beautiful pictures. How wonderful we can find joy in the midst of our challenges. I once heared this saying ... "Nothing can touch you that hasn't passed thru God's hands." Love, Jean

• brutersmom
    brutersmom Member Posts: 947
    edited June 2016

Cindy, What a lovely couple. You have been very busy. It has been a crazy spring. We should have a meetup some where when things slow down for both of us.

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2016

Journey Through Life

Life is a Journey

All people partake,

One step at a time

With decisions to make.

We will have choices

For right or wrong

In this journey through life

As we travel along.

Sometimes there's joy,

Sometimes there's strife;

Its part of the journey

We take through this life.

Our God has a plan;

It's truly His way.

God's Spirit will guide us

Each Step----every day.

• ARCats
    ARCats Member Posts: 105
    edited June 2016

Longtimesurvivor, That picture of the puppy is like a postcard picture. I keep going back to it. I find it so peaceful.

Joanne, I hope you are feeling better and I'm praying for your friend with kidney problems and his family.

Nancy, thank you for sharing the word; it instructs us, guides us and most of all, helps us to remember that He is God.

Jean, sometimes we don't understand why we meet certain people at certain times in our lives. But God does, as He brought Brandon to you, you planted the word, and someone will water it and someone will nurture it.

enjoyevrymoment, Weddings are so beautiful, congratulations. Praying that God gives you the strength and wisdom to finish the race for your doctorate.

SA8PG, Hope you and your DH have a great time during the 4th celebrating your anniversary.

Foots, I always enjoy reading what you post here.

Mini1, I hope and pray that you and your husband are doing better.

Faith, I'm praying that God fills you with his peace, the peace that passes all understanding, and I will pray for Lynn, that God touches her heart.

Kindergarten and Aurora, I will pray that we continue lifting each other up; knowing that God is more than able.

I'm asking at this time for prayer for Tony's family. He was an ex-coworker who past away today.Thank you and God Bless.

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

Thank you ladies for your wonderful posts. I will respond more later. I pray that those who need to feel their faith muscles strengthened that you would give those what they need today. For those feeling strong in faith today I pray that their strength could lift up another who is struggling. We are all a community and we need each other every single day.

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited June 2016

Hello my dear sisters, just stopping by to say hi and let you know I'm praying for each one as I read.

God bless

Auror

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2016

God Blessed Me Today

God already blessed me;

He blessed me today.

In many wondrous

And kind, loving ways.

He blessed me with the birds

Their melodious song,

Sent rain from Heaven,

Gave right to whats wrong.

He blessed me with sunshine,

He blessed me with rain,

Gave courage , endurance

To conquer all pain.

There's nothing that compares

With Our Father above,

And all of His blessing

He giveth with love.

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

G, congratulations on your upcoming 19th wedding anniversary. I hope you both have a wonderful celebration and I would just tell yourself that all of those fireworks are for you two!

Faith, I pray for Lynn who is so stressed and possibly in the last chapter of her life. I pray that she could hear the good news of Jesus and accept Him if she has not already. I pray that the Lord will give her direction and peace in her decisions. Faith, how are YOU doing? I am glad this thread is a comfort to you. It encourages my heart to hear you say that. As long as the Lord wants me to continue on this thread I will do so.

Debbie, thank you always for your heartfelt posts. Give Faithful Grace a hug for me.

Jean, I hope you had another chance to talk to Brandon about the Lord. He does work in mysterious ways. Hope your cat is okay.

Aurora, thank you for your prayers for everyone and glad you are doing well.

Arcats, thank you. How are you doing?

Cindy, is the handsome groom your son that was looking for a music teaching position? If so did he get one?

Kathy, continued prayers for your son and wife.

Joanne, praying you are feeling better. Continued prayers for your persistent pain.

I had a fabulous day today. I have been waiting for a month to get out with my camera and today was the day. My yard is pretty much done and had my tree taken down and my porch painted and feeling good about things. I went to see if the butterflies were back at the Arboretum and the flowers they like were not in bloom yet. I did get some pics of some flowers. Enjoy and have a great evening.

Love,

Nancy

• ladyb1234
    ladyb1234 Member Posts: 1,239
    edited June 2016

Lost a long post 🙄🙄. Continuous prayers for all.

I have had Lucy and Steve added to the BCO Angels list.

Love across the miles,

Angie

• Joy_1
    Joy_1 Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2016

Oh, those flowers are beautiful! I just realized that the title of this thread says older than 60, and I'm only almost 58! I hope that you won't mind if I stay around. I love the closeness of this group and the compassion. I'm pretty close to 60! Closer some days than others. Smile

Please pray for my Mom, my sister and myself. Mom who is BC survivor of over 40 years (yep!) is 3 weeks away from her 90th birthday. In the last few months she has developed congestive heart failure to add to her COPD and some slight dementia. My sister and I and our husbands are her caregivers. This weekend she became really breathless and weak. We are waiting for test results. We would love prayers for her comfort, and our strength. Also for he not to be afraid.

Thanks and God bless your day, each of you,
    Joy

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

Joy, we will certainly pray for your mom. My mom is 90 living alone with dementia and my sister and I are her caregivers. I understand how difficult it is and how hard it is to see them go through their health challenges. I pray that the Lord will give her peace and not to be fearful. She obviously is a long time survivor of bc bless her heart. I pray for strength for the caregivers and all of the family. Lean hard on the Lord at this time and He will uphold you. BTW we have had a young lady who I believe was only 27 years old on this thread last year. I tried to have the title of our thread changed because we are all open to any ages. The purposes for when this thread started (from what people tell me that were around then) has changed into something different now. The moderators were going to meet and discuss it and they never got back to me so I didn't continue to pursue it. I figure the Lord has lead us here and He will continue to do so. Thank you for your nice comments on my photos.

Angie, I am sorry you lost your post. That is so aggravating especially when you have very limited time. Thank you for adding Lucy and Steve to the Angels list. I had not heard from a moderator regarding that and was not sure how to do that but I am glad you did. It seems so strange to not pray for them anymore but I continue to pray for her unsaved family. How are YOU doing?

Here is a banner especially for you.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited June 2016
    Nancy and everyone here, thank you for all you do to keep this forum going and for the prayers I know are being said for all the requests here. I'm sure there are many, young and old alike, who may read this thread and find comfort even if they don't want to share anything.
    Nancy, you have such a gift with your photography and seeing the beauty God has given us. Your pictures are wonderful and as uplifting as your banners and prayers. I am doing well, I've just come back from a 40 minute walk in the beautiful sunshine we have here today and I can feel it make me stronger in many ways. I still have my moments of anxiety but I'm learning to just take a deep breath and believe that all will be well. Thanks for asking.

Love, Faith (in the future)
  • zjrosenthal
    edited June 2016

Please pray for hubby's bowel issues. Hoping he doesn't have another obstruction. Also my kitty needs 2 teeth extracted next week. I am supposed to see Brandon on Friday to finally finish repairing my pool.

I am grateful today for getting together with my daughter, granddaughter and great-granddaughter. We met at the mall and had lunch. Took Valentina to an indoor place for kids with slides and stuff. Such fun!

imageimage

• footprintsangel
    edited June 2016

Press Through

When clouds of doubt enfold you,

Things look dark and dim,

You see no shining rainbow,

Only emptiness within.

God knows all your heartache,

He is right there by your side,

With loving arms He holds you--

His love can't be denied.

Trials come to all His children,

There's work for you to do;

The sun will shine tomorrow,

Dear child of God, press through.

• SA8PG
    edited June 2016

Nancy the children were studying ladybugs today in school (I teach them year round) so I jumped with glee today to see the ladybug post on God is love. Thank you for that and the other beautiful photography pics that you share with us.

Thank you for the beautiful poem Deb!!! "There is work for you to do!!!" My favorite part of that poem.

I also wanted to share that I'm lifting you all up my sisters in prayer. My heart hurts with the amount of pain each family is carrying right now. As I re read my devotion I am reminded of the last paragraph that says in Luke 5:5 "master we've worked hard all night & haven't caught anything BUT because you say so, I will let down the nets". This is all of us. Although it seems at times our storms are unbearable even so Lord because you said "trust, forgive, stay, wait, lean on me, (you put your word in) I will do what you ask and let down my net. Believing each family on here will receive all that God has in store for you as you stand firm & allow the anchor tohold!!!! God bless you all. Xoxoxo

• bandwoman1234
    edited June 2016

Thank you Faith for your kind words. I am glad you are doing well. It is understandable for fear and anxiety to rear it's ugly head but I am glad you have been able to get out and walk and enjoy nature. There is something very healing about doing that. The time I spend photographing nature is really healing for me in many ways.

G, I think I am going to start calling you Wonder Woman. I had a feeling you home schooled your children. You boys you mentioned that had a little nature center in your yard if I am remembering correctly might enjoy some pics I got yesterday. I visited a Butterfly House that had 300 butterflies at any given time. They had quite a few chyrsalis where we could view them and some butterflies were coming out right then. It was pretty fascinating. I will have to post some pics soon. It was a true challenge as most of the butterflies were very active according to the volunteers that work there. Ladybugs are fascinating little critters. I can imagine that you are a very good and patient teacher with your kids.

Jean, prayers for your DH had for your cat. I have been praying for Brandon and that you will have more time to share with him tomorrow. I can't believe how much Valentina has grown. She is so cute and her mom is so pretty.

Debbie, pressing through is all we can do sometimes but we know the Lord is right there as we are pressing onward.

Joanne, praying that you don't overdue and that you will give yourself some time to just relax and rest. I am going to pray hard that this next year will be so much easier than the last year as been for you.

Have a great Holiday weekend dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• footprintsangel
    edited July 2016

God's Help

Did God help you very much?

Even just alittle touch?

That is cause for thanks, you know,

And praise Him as You go.

"How long will He help," you say;

Everyday; each time we pray.