thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited July 2016

Thank you Jo and Nancy for the encouragement. I pray for you and the other ladies often as I read and as the Lord has me think of you. Tis a long journey for sure. I've been sad and crying a lot lately. It has been hard to stay positive with my emotions,all over the place. I am grateful for the splashes of grace. I was joyful yesterday swimming in the pool with Jesus. I could dance in the water without worry about huring myself. Please keep praying for my granddaughter Alexia. She needs a door to open to get some help. God's perfect will for her. Love, Jean

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited July 2016

Amen Joanne, Jesus is the Desire of Ages, and may we as a people seek Him through these last day events unfolding right before our eyes.

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,875
    edited July 2016

Amen to that Joanne.

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Good morning dear ladies,

I have probably posted this in the past but I think in today's troubled times this is worth repeating. God does have the whole world in His hands. He is still in control and as Joanne's previous post says.......we win in the end with Jesus.

Have a great week dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited July 2016

Good evening everyone, I'm sorry I haven't posted in awhile but I read this thread daily and it lifts me up as I pray with and for you all. Sometimes it just takes more energy than I have to respond.

Nancy, I'm sorry you've had such Gi issues but I hope now that you know what it is, you can get a handle on it and things will improve. As others have said many times, you really are a blessing to us all and I love the banners you post.

Jo, I also love your banners and the words of the songs you post. They really speak to my heart.

To everyone here, thank you all for keeping this thread going. I'm sure there are many like me who are helped by your kind and loving words and prayers.

God bless you all with His healing grace. Good night and sleep well.

Faith (in the future)

• auroaya
    edited July 2016

Thank you Joanne for posting that song and the banners. In His time all will be well, in His time.

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Joanne, thanks for posting those words to the song. The thing that struck me before I even read your words was that God's timing in not our own. I have shared that in the past that He has really been showing me this truth and it has been a real comfort especially with the events of these past few months of trying to understand suffering and the passing of Kath and Lucy and Steve this year. This I am sure............when we get to heaven we will know in an instant of these things that baffle us now with our limited understanding.

Faith, know that you are prayed for often. Do not feel bad if you don't feel like posting. I appreciate your encouragement and I am glad you are being blessed by this thread.

I had the privilege of taking some pictures of my "new swan family" yesterday. I have recently posted my swan family from a couple of years ago. Last year the pair of swans had no babies or they didn't survive. This year they had three babies and I was able to get pretty close to them yesterday. These swans just fill my heart with so many memories of how God has blessed me beyond measure. I hope to return and get a picture of them all swimming together. This has been a challenge with this family as one of the adults likes to stay a little behind the others for some reason.

These swans represent how God has brought me through my cancer journey of active treatments and how my photography has been the silver lining of a bad situation. My life is a testimony of how the enemy wanted sickness and weakness in my life and God turned it around for good and I give HIM all the glory.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Aurora, we must have been posting at the same time. How are you doing? You are prayed for often too!

Love,

Nancy

• auroaya
    edited July 2016

Nancy, I've been doing well, praise God! No grave se's just some nausea and fatigue but manageable. Wednesday I have a PET scan coming up and I'm excited to see what Ibrance/Faslodex have been doing to kick C... to the curb. I too read all the posts and pray accordingly, I just don't post as much because I don't really have much to add except Praise God! I'm still alive and not feeling ill. I know others are having much harder times so I don't want to steal their limelight.

Love

Aurora

• zjrosenthal
    edited July 2016

Grateful today for a good walk in the mall where it's cool. Also for good conversation with hubby. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Praying for those ladies who are in active treatments. Debbie (Ireland), Allison, Aurora, Faith. Charlotte and for those dealing with SE who have finished treatments such as 7of 9. Praying for those who are balancing many things and SE from inactive treatments such as Angie and SheAngel and Brutersmom. Praying for Debbie (Foots) as she deals with several challenging health problems. Praying for those having pain issues such as SheAngel, Joanne, 7of 9, Ellen, Mini, Jean and myself. Those dealing with family responsibilities such as G as she teaches her own children and teaches a bc class. Kathy who is dealing with the heartbreak of watching her son and DIL struggle in their marriage. Praying for Carla that we haven't heard from for a while and for Patoo as she enjoys family with her. Praying for Lynn as she is busy with family in and visiting family. Praying for those whose family members that need a job such as Ellen. Praying for those who need peace for their future such as Arcats and all the ladies in advanced stages of their bc. Some ladies we haven't heard from in a long time that may be struggling, pray for them as well. Praying for our dear sisters from another time who are busy with taking care of their parents that are failing such as Char. Praying for safe travels for Bev and her DH especially as they are traveling out West in this terrible heat. Praying for the families of the loved ones we have recently lost such as Kath's family and Lucy and Steve's family. Praying for those who may read and not post such as Vickie and Mags and Polly. I know there are others from the past that have come and gone and we pray that you are doing well.

Lord, there are so many needs represented here. We pray that you would meet the needs of everyone of us. You know our needs before we can even express them. Touch our hearts with your love and healing and mercy and forgiveness. Let us in turn be a blessing to those around us as you bless us every single day. For those who are intensely suffering I pray that they could relish those wonderful times when they have a respite from their pain and fatigue and depression. Give us the gift of hope for our future. Give us joy in our hearts in believing. Let us have peace in the midst of our personal storms and all the storms brewing in our country and the world. We pray for our country and we pray for our leaders as they face an uncertain world every single day. We pray for the upcoming elections in the USA and we pray that you, our Lord and Savior will be in control and that leaders will be elected according to your will. Work in and through our elected leaders to help bring unity to our country and the world. Draw us all closer to you so that we can be strengthened by your Presence in our hearts. Lord, we love you and adore you. You are worthy to be praised. In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.

• auroaya
    edited July 2016

Amen! Lord thank. You for my sister Nancy you have give her the gift of lifting people in prayer. I do the same now and lift her up to you that her pain be contained that your healing hand be upon her. In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

This song spoke to my heart today. If you listen I think it will be a refreshing moment for you too.

• zjrosenthal
    edited July 2016

I am agreeing in prayer with you Nancy. I pray for your needs as well. Jo, your surgeon visit sounds hopeful. I pray it has relieved some of your anxiety. I am grateful for realizing I need help and having gotten back to counseling and my support group this,week. My mamo/sono and surgeon visit is Tuesday. The rest of next week I am helping with VBS registration and check in and out. Praying for God's strength. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Thank you Aurora.

Jean, your post reminded me of some words that hit me in this song I have heard all the time on the radio but the words finally sunk in. The words said something like the more broken we are the more God can shine his light into us. I am glad that getting back to counseling is something that will be beneficial to you.

Joanne, praying for you to hang in there with the Lord's help to get you through another year of recovery from this surgery which obviously did a number on your muscles and your energy level not even counting all the pain that it has caused you. You will get through this time.

Have a good night's rest dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Psalm 147:3

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Amen to those banners Joanne.

I had shared that I visited a Butterfly House a few weeks ago and got some pics of ones I had never seen before. This place gets their kits from Florida. I am not sure if they come to them in caterpillar form or not but I thought G's nature loving children might enjoy some of these pics. Maybe your boys can research and find the names of the ones I have not mentioned. Angie I know you love butterflies and for all the ladies on here I would like you to see the beautiful and unique kinds of butterflies. God's creations will never cease to amaze me and the incredible detail in color and texture they each have. The role that they play in pollinating flowers is fascinating. The fact that they only live for three weeks made me sad to think all of these beautiful creatures in these pics have probably expired by now but that is the cycle of life. I have heard a quote recently that the caterpillar thought it's life was about over but then we all saw a beautiful butterfly. When you think of the whole process it is truly amazing.

The first pic are several Chrysalis of the White Peacock. The first butterfly pic is a White Peacock.

White peacock.

This one below is a zebra butterfly.

imageimage

• SA8PG
    SA8PG Member Posts: 280
    edited July 2016

Nancy,

Love these!!!! In the morning we will revisit the butterfly. I'll type their answers and comments to you. I love those pictures thank you for sharing.

Sending up prayers. I love that last prayer list that Nancy made. I printed it out and circled all of them in red pen. The blood of Jesus is covering us all. Please everyone update the requests as your able so we can celebrate the answers to prayer & continue to stand in faith believing with other as we wait on Him.

God bless you all.

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited July 2016

Dearest Nancy, I pray that your gastrointestinal isues heal. So happy that you are finding answers!! Thank you for continually holding up my son and daughter in law's marriage! It is better, but still a work in progress! Your butterfly pictures are just beautiful! New life in Jesus!! When I taught Kindergarten, we ordered the caterpillars yearly and watched the process daily! It was so neat!!!

• auroaya
    edited July 2016

Hi everyone, I just wanted to stop and tell you the good news and praise be the Lord for answered prayers! Today I went to the clinic to get my blood work done and I ran into my oncologist, I mentioned to her the PET scan I just had Wednesday and she told me she had already received the report and she told me it's good news! Everything seems to be going alright. I didn't push for concrete highlights because she obviously didn't have my chart with her so I'll wait till August 3 for more details, but for now her word marks good news and that's all it matters. Thank you friends for lifting me in prayer for this and other things such as when I asked you to pray for my aunt and my mom who are both doing much better. Thank God for all his mercies.

Aurora

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Thanks G and Joanne.

G, yes I agree that it is good for those to update us on prayer needs. If there is a answered prayer that we have been praying for it is always a faith builder and encouragement to hear answers so don't forget to post answers. We love hearing how God is working in our sister's lives.

Joanne, I am sorry to hear you are still having problems. I have been praying for you all day. I have been busy today and haven't had a chance to get on here to post until now. I sure hope you feel better soon.

Aurora, that is such great news. Aug. 3 is my birthday so I will remember you are having an apt that day.

I saw my endocrinologist today and we are putting off any further tests until Dec. I will have another ultrasound on my thyroid and she said if there are changes she wants me to have another biopsy with a surgeon this time. UGH I hope to avoid that.

Have a good night dear ladies. Stay cool as I know most of the country is enveloped in this dome of heat and humidity.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Thanks Kathy. I am itching to visit this Butterfly House again but certainly not in this weather. It was very hot in this place when the temps were fairly mild outside. That must have been fun watching the kindergarteners reaction to the whole caterpillar to butterfly process. It truly is amazing. I have a hard time imagining that there are people who don't believe in God when they see these amazing creations that God has allowed us to witness. How are you doing?

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited July 2016

Hi ladies, just checking in. It's blazing hot here in Upstate New York today. Hope to get to walk in the mall and maybe a short swim in the pool. Hope all are well. Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited July 2016

Aurora, yes indeed, Praise the Lord!! How awesome that you ran into your oncologist! You have got to be feeling so happy! Hooray!

Nancy, thanks for asking! I am doing great and hope you continue to get better!

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• mysunshine48
    mysunshine48 Member Posts: 915
    edited July 2016

Good Morning all, I have been reading your posts. Glad you have some answers, Nancy. Now, prayers that you can continue to get better and not have to endure more tests at this time.

Great news, Aurora! I love hearing good news! I have my 3 month bloodwork next week and am always anxious about those tumor markers. I am also traveling 4 hours back to Bonita Springs this week to have breast surgeon checkup. He is still checking the little spot that he thinks is a suture granuloa. Nothing has changed in 6 months, but I am sure he will do another ultrasound. I feel really good and continue to be grateful and pray for good bloodwork. But, it is always stressful.

Sooooo hot here! Near 95 or more everyday. I am an outside person and this weather is awful! Still doing my indoor exercise classes, but sure would be nice to be able to ride my bike.

Had a great time with my 11 year old granddaughter. She became bonded with my new little dog. The dog and cat are now getting along better! :)

Bless you all as we begin another week!

Madison and Molly

• mysunshine48
    edited July 2016

It is late on Sunday night, but I have a prayer request. I spoke about a woman in the exercise class I lead a few weeks ago. Her surgery is tomorrow, Monday. She was not at class tonight and I texted her. She is very scared. Her head will be cut open and a plate which has been made will be inserted behind the skin on one side of her face. She has a rare form of disease that has attacked her bone structure behind her face. Her eye will be removed and then put back after the plate is in. That is all I really know, except she has asked for prayers. I understand she will be in Intensive Care for several days. So, please pray for her and all who will take part in the surgery. Her name is Linda. I will keep you updated as I hear.

Thank you.

Lynn

• bandwoman1234
    edited July 2016

Hi Lynn,

Good to hear from you. Cute pic. Is Madison your grand daughter's name or the dogs? Both adorable.

Father, I pray for Linda who is going to have this very complicated surgery on her head. I pray that you would give her peace as in our humanness this sounds like a very scary surgery. I pray for the surgeons and all the medical team that will be taking care of her during her surgery and time in ICU. I pray for each person she deals with tomorrow that they treat her with compassion and sensitivity to her fears. I pray for a complete successful outcome and I pray for good pain control. I pray that you would give her a remarkable recovery and that this surgery will fix the problems she has had. We pray that her eye will not be adversely affected and that everything with her vision would be restored. Lord we pray this in your name. Amen.

Love,

Nancy

• mysunshine48
    edited July 2016

Beautiful, Nancy. I am going to copy your prayer and forward to her even though she is probably in surgery right now. She is in a hospital in Orlando. Hope you have a great week without all those pesky intentional issues!