thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• NeverForsaken
    NeverForsaken Member Posts: 157
    edited January 2018

Wow! That banner certainly is bright!

Praying for the Lord to supply your need, Nancy!

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.( Phil.4:19)

Just got word that Evelyn is now off resperator and breathing on her own..her CAT scan showed nothing to be concerned about! Thanks for your prayers!

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited January 2018

Paulette, praying for your DH and that there will be nothing serious with the bleeding issue. Thank you for your prayers. Praying for you as you have your last treatments and boosts. Praying your skin holds up to the end.

Lisa, praise God that Evelyn is off the respirator and that this tumor was nothing serious. BTW My mom who is 92 now has had a brain tumor for years. I forget the name but they knew it was benign from the first they noticed it and she has not had any issues with it. My aunt had a brain tumor removed and it was benign and she just turned 90 yesterday and is doing fine after her surgery.

Jean, praying for you as you have your biopsy this week.

I hope you all have a good weekend. We had a real warm up today so I went out with my camera for the first time in quite a few weeks. All the parking spaces were taken up so I had to walk a long ways to get to where I was going. As I was huffing and puffing my way back I ran into this couple. The man said you look like a serious photographer as I was hauling my heavy duty tripod and camera. I said what I am is a walker that is seriously out of shape. LOL

Love,

Nancy

• PauletteK
    PauletteK Member Posts: 1,279
    edited January 2018

Jean, I forgot about your biopsy, I’m praying for your good report.

Nancy, sounded like you had a good day, you need to show us your pictures. Love the one you show us today.

Let me show you my radiation burned on my collarbone. I’m so glad I only have one boost to do on Monday.

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2018

Paulette. Ouch!!!!! I am sure you and your skin will be thrilled when this leg of the journey is over. Thanks for sharing about the angel trumpet. I love that name. Wow. You are so close to being done.

I put some of my ice photos on Picture This. Nothing spectacular. Just to make clear MOST of the banners I post are not my photography. Some are as this one which I think is the very first I tried my hand at a couple years ago.

Love,

Nancy

• NeverForsaken
    edited January 2018

Nancy..Beautiful photo..Today is very gray and foggy, that little spurt of color was nice to see!

Paulette: ((gentle hugs))..I'm sure glad you are almost finished!

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited January 2018

Paulette - bless your heart! So glad you only have one more to go. Praying for your poor skin!

It is WINDY here today! WOW! But sunny and in the 50s so no complaints.

We finally made it back to church today after being out so long and it felt SO good to see our church family again! We are a very close bunch. One Sunday a month we women all bring cookies and apply icing & sprinkles when we meet Sunday evening. Then they go out to community businesses with a note of appreciation. This month we are doing the 2 border patrol stations & firehouse if we have enough. It really blesses the folks who serve us (and us too!).

It is so good to feel ALIVE again! THANK YOU for praying for us! I continue to pray for you all.

Nancy I came across this ad and wondered if you had tried them. The prices seem REALLY good in this sale! CanvasDiscount.com. I am thinking of having one of my sunsets done in canvas.

Blessings upon your Sunday,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2018

Thanks Lisa. It is very foggy here too. It's nice to be out of the deep freeze for a while though.

Ade, your cookies look delicious. I am so glad you made it back to church. How wonderful to be a part of a ministry that can bless others with cookies. I am sure the recipients appreciate that. Glad you are feeling back to normal.

I was out filling my bird feeders and one of the neighbors told me that one of the ladies that lives a couple houses away saw a deer looking in her window. I have had a deer resting next to my patio but that was before they removed a bunch of trees by the river to widen an intersection. I haven't seen a deer in our neighborhood in a long time.

I haven't tried doing any canvas framings but I know it can be way less that having a photo professionally framed in glass. I will have to look into that. Thanks for the sharing the link.

The last two Sundays at my church we have had heightened security. I go to a very large church and since 9-11 we have added security. Today there were protesters outside of our church. It was a bit scary. I have gone to this church for many, many years and I have never seen this before.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited January 2018

Nancy that'd be concerning! What were they protesting? Last I heard we have freedom of religion in this country. We don't have security at our church but about a third of our congregation are law enforcement agents and the rest of us have concealed carry licenses. God forbid we should ever need that though. Our church is small town little. We know a stranger and welcome them as we should - but we're all aware of the evil in this day. Alpine is a very safe town BECAUSE of the number of law enforcement families and most are packing. We did have a murder last year but it was an out of town college student against his girlfriend and quite a tragedy. But those things are RARE here, part of why we love it here. (However dangerous illegals do come through at times). Do you have active shooter drills at church? Our schools have them. What a day we live in.

Sweet dreams & good night ladies,

Ade

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited January 2018

Beautiful banner Nancy. You are very talented! God sent me to James 1:12 today in my devotions. The beauty found in His creation reminds me of His love for us all--even the humblest of flowers!

12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

Praying for us all.

Chris

• PauletteK
    edited January 2018

Ade, I love cookies, they looked delicious.... yum!

Finished my last radiation and I’ve been crying off and on. Happy I finished this journey and fear for the future, her is a picture I want to share. Took this picture today from my Pear tree. I was praying on the radiation table daily, today I thanks God being with me and he protected me for the last nine months, this is exactly how I feel now.

• intolight
    edited January 2018

Paulette, congratulations on your last radiation. It is a hard fought accomplishment. And I love your picture--Spring is coming...yay!

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2018

CONGRATULATIONS TO PAULETTE!!!!! SHE IS FINISHED WITH TREATMENTS!!!!!!WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

• PauletteK
    edited January 2018

Thanks Nancy, Into and Ade, especially thanks God! 🙏🙏🙏

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited January 2018

Yay Paulette, you are done. Now rest and heal. Love, Jean

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited January 2018

Paulette, hip hip hooray! You've crossed the finish line! I'm so very happy for you. You are a strong lady. Be well and take care.

• NeverForsaken
    edited January 2018

YAY!!!PAULETTE!!!

Love your photo..and yes, The Lord is always with us..and he carries us through it all!

Nancy..I pray your church will be protected by huge angels standing guard over it..This is what I see happening in the spirit realm.

Here I am last Saturday standing next to a statue of the archangel, Michael. at a church in Higgins Lake, Michigan.

I had to do more genetic testing yesterday..My doctor told us it is necessary to do this so that I can qualify for a clinical trial. His advice was for me to stop reading and studying about the TP53 mutation as there is nothing they (the medical experts) can do about it..instead he said we will treat the HER2 aspect of the cancer and there are still options available to try in the future.

He is right..there's no sense in focusing on something that we cannot change (DNA can't be changed). Instead I am spending my precious time doing the things that bring me joy, and I'm cutting out as much negativity in my life as I can these days.

Ade..mmm..cookies!

I started collecting the pioneer woman stuff last year, but decided to go with a more woodland themed interior decor instead..(Think bears..lots and lots of them, lol) I recently gifted my oldest daughter with all of my pioneer collection for her home though. I supplemented a few things that matched well outside of that brand however, since it can be a bit pricey on some things..but the colors and patterns are so cheerful! We already had a lot of the woodsy stuff, and my hubby always gets me that kind of stuff for gifts..because he loves it too..so I had to make a decision between the two since they did not go together very well in my tiny house.

• ade
    edited January 2018

Lisa, aren't we THANKFUL there are angels ministering to and watching over us! It gives us a peaceful sense of the Lord's power and love. Thank you for posting the pix. The Lord Who loves you also holds your future. Rest in Him and receive His peace for your soul. (I love the Pioneer Woman stuff!) :o)

Paulette we rejoice with you on the end of your treatment and pray God's continued healing hand upon you into the future. Fear not, for He is with you and let not your heart be troubled.

I pray the Lord will bless each one of you today with His love, joy, and peace - and that His healing hand would be upon you to His glory. Amen

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2018

99Good evening dear sisters,

I am late posting tonight. I have spent hours online searching for a phone for my mom. It has been challenging and frustrating. We were planning on going with an AT and T landline service and then found out her facility is not wired for that company. So we are on Plan B. I have found something online but I was planning on going back downstate in a couple of days. Not time to order a phone.

Lisa, that is an awesome statue and plaque. I imagine that if we could see the spirit realm we would be amazed at all the angels that go to battle for us regularly.

I think your doctor gave you some great advice and I think you deciding to do things that bring you joy is a VERY important move for you. I have made those decisions for myself with my photography and I don't regret one bit the fact that sometimes I leave things at home that could be cleaned but can wait another day to go out with my camera. I know my photography is a gift from God but I had no idea how much it has been used as a stress reliever for me when things with my mom and with my own health was making me stressed and crazy but God knew.

Paulette, I remember very clearly how I reacted when my radiation was over. I crossed off each day counting down the days until I was done. My shoulder was injured during a breast ultrasound so I had shoulder therapy going on with rads. as well. When I finally finished I was so sad and was so shocked at my strange reaction. I mentioned it to my RO and she said your reaction is actually very typical. I will share what she told me because it might help you as well. She said when you were in treatments we had you on a very short leash. She said think of this as letting the leash go a little but certainly not that we are letting you go free. She reminded me of all the breast exams that I would regularly have as follow ups with my surgeon, my MO, my gynecologist and her. It added up to many the first couple of years. Once my fatigue subsided and my skin healed the freedom of being done sunk in and that is when God gave me the passion for photography through a family of swans. The parent swans were my highlight of my daily trips to radiation. God is so good and He weaves His intricate plan in our lives through unexpected sources and events. I pray that as you find your way after bc and bc treatments that God will show His perfect plan for your life. I think through some of your sharing it sounds like He has already given you a heart for helping others. I pray that as you rest and recover from the physical and emotional impact that this disease thrusts on all of us you will find your way and your purpose. Give yourself time to grieve, to pray and to praise God that He allowed you to get through your very long journey.

God bless all of you tonight.

Aurora and Lita, how are you both doing.

Hershey, how are your rads going?

Ade, I bet your cookies were a big hit!!!!!!!

Remember Jean has her endometrial biopsy this Friday.

Joanne will be going with one of her daughters to her pre surgery apt on Friday as her daughter will be facing thyroid surgery.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• PauletteK
    edited January 2018

Thank you Nancy for sharing what your RO told you. Sometime I feel like a lost puppy after treatment. I feel like I got so much appointments and tests need to do, then what will be next. You’re right I’m going to take it easy and let God lead me and I will use my judgement and see what will be the plans. At the same time, I’m going to learn how to take care myself.

Pray for Jean biopsy.

Pray for Joanne’s daughter surgery this Friday

Pray for Nancy cyst speedy recovery.

Good night all the Christian Sisters

Paulette

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited January 2018

Hello everyone praying for you all. Still feeling down from rads to the brain. Today I have CT to see how liver is doing after three chemo weeks and results are Friday. Right now drinking contrast yummy! Appreciate your prayers.

Aurora

• NeverForsaken
    edited January 2018

Prayers are being said for you, Aurora..and all sisters in Christ here..

Dear heavenly Father, we praise you as you are worthy to be praised ..and we delight in the truth that you yourself inhabit the praises of your people!

We come before your throne today on behalf of Aurora..our dear sister in Christ..Lord, please grant to her the peace that only you can give as she awaits the results of this CT scan. Lord, you have written out each one of her days, and you go before her to prepare everything that she will ever need..right now, she needs a calm mind and strong faith to continue each day through the treatment and the tests..and we ask that you would touch her body, and cover her liver with protection against the cancer. Also, Lord we ask that you would send healing into her brain, and that she would feel your strength well up in her body through her own weakness..For it is when we are weak that you are strong, Lord..and we need your strength now as ours is failing..I pray also for Joanne and her daughter..Lord lift them up and carry them through the surgeries..I pray for Nancy and her mom and sister, for strength and encouragement..may Nancy continue to find those little treasures that you have placed in the world for her with her camera! And Lord, keep Paulette walking in faith everyday, and do not let fear steal away her joy..not even for a moment!

Also, Lord I pray for the rest of the sisters on this forum who are placing their trust in you Lord to get them through each day..We know that you are truly all that we need..for it is you who will always walk beside us, and go before us..as you delight in our fellowship with you, and your plans for us is to give us a hope and a future (eternal).

In Jesus, we pray~Amen~

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2018

Aurora, dear sister, I know this must be so terribly difficult for you. It is a mystery why the Lord is the strongest in our weakness but it is true. I know He will carry you when you need it. I wish we could take your suffering off your shoulders but I know God will use it for His glory. When we are in the midst of a trial it is so very uncomfortable and it is easy to ask why. Our humaness just wants the suffering to stop. I pray that God will allow you to go through this fiery trial knowing that He is preparing you for your eternal glory which will be far greater in the end compared to our times of suffering on this earth. You have been a very brave sister in the midst of much suffering. You have not whined or complained and very rarely have asked prayer for yourself. You have carried yourself with grace and dignity and I know the Lord is smiling on you. I say Amen to Lisa's prayer for you as well. You are loved and prayed for dear sister.

Love

Nancy

• ade
    edited January 2018

Amen to the prayers for Aurora. We are lifting you up to the Lord in one accord.

With love,

Ade

• zjrosenthal
    edited January 2018

Amen to all Lisa's prayers. Love, Jean

• intolight
    edited January 2018

Adding my prayers for Aurora. God is mighty!

• PauletteK
    edited January 2018

Prayers for Aurora, Dear Father, please grant Aurora a good biopsy and keep her calm, in Jesus name Amen.

I’m still dealing with my rads burns on my collarbone and neck. Should get better in a week or two.

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited January 2018

Aurora, praying for good results on Friday. You are loved.

• bandwoman1234
    edited January 2018

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited January 2018

Thank you for the prayers sisters please keep them coming. Last night wasn’t easy I had incontinence and wet the bed and Rug sorry too much information my daughter had to clean. Please pray we don’t have income to have someone come in and help me

May the Lord help me

Aurora

• zjrosenthal
    edited January 2018

Uterine biopsy tomorrow. Love, Jean