thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited April 2018

Ade, I am so sorry to hear of your struggles with your DH. It is difficult enough to struggle with the trappings of daily living without having to deal with the emotional tides of illness and mood swings of our loved ones. I will pray that his personality swings will calm down and the effects of his medicine will allow him to return to his loving self soon. I love your pictures of Maggie. I live in a 4th floor condo and won't have a dog because I am reluctant to confine one without easy outside access, so I enjoy the pictures and antics of others.

Jean, we cry over our kids and family living in this broken world. I am torn because I want our Lord to return soon to relieve the daily suffering of so many, but I also want my children ready for it. It is what sends my to my knees daily.

Nancy, the fact that God hears my cries and answers even before my tears are dried sustains me through each day. Thank you.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited April 2018

Ade, I am so sorry that you feel so alone. I have been praying for you and this verse I believe is for you. The fact that James was like himself for a short time tells you that this is not a permanent thing. I am praying he can find the right meds. Irbesartan is the bp med I am on after having a reaction to a change in manufacturer after I had been on this other one for a long time. My doctor said it is a cleaner med. I am supposing that means not as many SE. Just a thought. Maggie is so sweet. I love all the dogs that go by my house but Cammie my cat probably not so much!

King James Bible
    But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.

Jean, God can remove that stronghold from your grand daughter but I know it is very difficult. I will continue to pray for her. I can't believe Valentina is 3.

Praying for all of you dear ladies.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited April 2018

Thank you Chris & Nancy - it such a comfort to know you are there praying and you care. Of course I can't discuss this with our adult kids or really my church ladies as it is so personal. Thank you for your kindness and understanding. If another medication like Irbesartan would remedy this situation may the Lord put it into James' doctor's agenda for him.

Nancy, the Lord gave me the same verse as I was journaling yesterday morning! I am so thankful for the Holy Spirit's promptings - thank you for being sensitive and sharing that as confirmation.

I have always been a bit co-dependent I think, and the Lord reminds me that HE is my Lord and my well being does not depend on my husband's attitudes toward me. We have to be reminded to not listen to enemy lies designed to bring us down and affect our relationship to and witness for the Lord. As we draw near to the Lord He draws near to us - what a comfort and blessing! He holds us ALL in the palm of His hand and nothing can snatch us away.

Have a blessed weekend,

Love,

Ade

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited April 2018

Ade, I am so sorry to read about James' struggle with the side effects of his BP medications. I pray that his medical team patiently and diligently works to find him an effective medication with minimal side effects.

I agree, Maggie is a love!

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2018

For those of you who know Foots as many call her ( footrprintsangel), she has for many, many years posted loving and encouraging prayers on a couple of spiritual forums here on BCO.

I know many that know her have been concerned when she didn't post for a long time. I was so happy to get some communication from her. She is always very willing to post for others but not for herself. I asked her permission to post for her and she said yes. I am so glad she did. I know some of you know who she is. Her name is Debbie and she really needs your prayers. Her blood count is very low and her breathing issues are troublesome. She does have a service dog, Grace, who is her faithful companion but needs our prayers and support. She lives alone. It would be nice if we could encourage her heart whether you know her or not.

Love

Nancy

This is for Foots.

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2018

Romans 8:38-39 New International Version (NIV)

38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited April 2018

Thank you Hershey! I pray you're doing well.

Amen, Nancy! How is your abdominal problem doing? Better I pray! Your mom doing alright?

Lord, we lift up Debbie and pray You will ease her breathing problems, raise her blood count, and that she may feel your presence with her and Your love for her. in a special way.

Blessings upon your day, Sisters,

Ade

• Almer
    Almer Member Posts: 23
    edited April 2018

Hello everyone!

Just popping in to catch up a bit. It’s good to “see” you all!

I finished my 16 rounds of chemo on January 11th then started 6 weeks of radiation (30 rounds) about 3 weeks later. That was a bit of a challenge because I worked 40 hrs/week and went to radiation at the end of each work day. They radiated from mid-chest to above my clavicle, around my left shoulder and armpit and the whole left breast. The last week was “boost rads” which only targeted the tumor site itself. Pretty sore, red, some blistering but did ok. Did the breath-holding technique during the first 5 weeks to avoid the radiation hitting the heart muscle.

In a few weeks I’ll participate in a clinical trial using and oral chemo drug in addition to a estrogen blocker (or aromatase inhibitor).

Hubby and I were able to get away for two days to celebrate end of rads. So, so nice.

• Almer
    edited April 2018

2 days away in a garden paradise

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2018

TO ANGIE FOR FINISHING HER TREATMENTS WHILE WORKING. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2018

Ade, thanks for asking. I wish I could say I was doing well but my GI issues are not getting better. I finally got an apt with a new gastro doctor. When I said I was having issues currently that nixed the phone interview with the nurse and then go right to the scopes unfortunately. I can't get in to see this new doctor until the first week in June and then who knows how long it will be before I have the tests. The best laid plans in this case didn't turn out at all as I thought.

I have an oncology apt on Wed. and hope that my five year stent on my AI will not be longer. At this point I will finish at the end of July in 2019. The AI has been hard on my GI tract from the beginning but I was tolerating it. Not sure if my problems now are from that or what.

Angie, are those your flowers. They are beautiful. We had snow again today. On the radio station I listen to they jokingly said Spring of 2018 has been canceled. One day this weekend it is supposed to hit 70. We have had the most goofy weather around here. I do envy those of you in warmer climates about now.

Take care dear sisters.

Love

Nancy

• Almer
    edited April 2018

Thank you, Nancy!

Those are flowers at Bellingrath Gardens in Alabama, where my husband and I went. One of our favorite places to go

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited April 2018

I’ve Just Seen Jesus

I have much to share but I wanted to get this to you first. Easter morning at my home church. I was not able to be there but some very special people were, and they were in fine voice. I will have a nice long post as soon as I have a really keyboard to type on, I promise. God is so very good.

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited April 2018

In the Garden Prayer

Quiet place of refuge, from trouble I am safe.

Nothing there can harm me, my cry brings His embrace.

He lifts me from my vantage point, such a beauty I can see.

My prayers arising to His hearing, His grace will carry me.

Though I walk through valleys deep and places filled with sorrow.

Each visit to that secret place, gives hope for each tomorrow.

So I will go there often and linger there to hear, His footsteps

in the garden, as my prayers bring Him near.

God bless You all, Praying for peacefulness and healing love 

for all of You!   

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2018

It has been a special last couple of days hearing from sisters that we haven't heard from in a long time.

First Angie.............love those gardens. Beautiful

Mags, so great to hear from you and will be looking forward to hearing more from you. I have had just a little chance to view the video from your church. You are blessed with such talented people.

Debbie (Foots) I have been praying for you and I am so glad to she one of your posts. You always have such beautiful words to share that uplifts us. It has been a very long time. I know this has been a very hard journey for you. Praying that God will sustain you doing these challenging times and praying for a miracle in your blood count and improved breathing. Give Faithful Grace (service dog) a hug for me.

Love

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2018

He is all of these things to us.

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited April 2018

They had to postpone my Gemzar infusion again.

They took blood yesterday, and platelets were 53. Took more blood today to see m if they would go up, and they dropped 10 more pts overnight!

That's kinda scary...

We'll see what next week brings,

L

• NeverForsaken
    NeverForsaken Member Posts: 157
    edited April 2018

Lita, that does sound scary! I'm praying your platelets come back up..In Jesus' name~Amen~

I've completed six out of 33 radiation rounds. So far so good.

The hardest part is driving the nearly fifty miles there and fifty miles back everyday. They do have a service to transport me,but I have such anxiety and sometimes I need to just sit in the parking lot and calm down..prayer helps. They are learning just how bad and strange my anxiety is there in the radiation dept..The other day they played some fast-paced rock music during my tx and then when I saw the RO, he wondered why my BP and heart rate were so high! The next day they played nature sounds for me...much better! Funny story..a few months ago we were driving and my husband had the country music station on and 'The Auctioneer' song came on and we actually had to pull over so I could get out and walk to catch my breath because that song caused a bad panic attack!

Some days I am so tempted to go back on the antidepressant meds, but then I remember how hard it was to get off of them and how long the withdrawal SEs lasted! Then this stupid cancer hit just when I was finally free from all withdrawals and actually venturing out on my own again..Oh, and I had just stopped having hot flashes two weeks prior to starting back on chemo..Hello again, hot flashes! Devil

Well, gotta get ready to leave for rad #7.

Hope everyone is having a good day..God bless!

~Lisa~

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2018

Lita, praying for you. I am sure that is very scary. Praying God will give you the grace to see you through this difficult time.

Foots, continued prayers for you. I hope you can drop in here and post your beautiful writings to us more often.

Lisa, I know you need a good vent. We all do at times. I am highly sensitive to everything and being a musician I understand the power of music and what it can do to us. When I need to have peace and quiet I have a nature sounds music channel on my TV that I discovered during my cancer treatments and now I have it on alot when I am multitasking and just need some calm.

We are all wired differently and for some loud rock music is relaxing but not for me and apparently not for you either.

I am glad you have 6 tx out of the way. You do have a long drive and maybe that will end up to be a blessing. Time to calm yourself. Hopefully it is not a lot of heavy traffic.

Faith, I continue to pray for you. How are you feeling?

I am off to swimming and I use that as prayer time most of the time. Today that is what I will be doing.

Take care dear ladies.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2018

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited April 2018

Foots, it is so good to see you posting here and to read your beautiful words. Lita, you are still a hero to me and so many others. You just keep moving on, prayers that your platelets get better soon. Lisa, praying that your anxiety gets better. Loud music for me is also very disturbing. I seem to function best with lots of quiet and maybe some symphonies at times. I also love piano music and find it very relaxing.

Nancy, thank you for always thinking of me and everyone here. I'm starting to feel a little better but it's been a long road. The flu or bronchitis or whatever I had has really knocked the stuffing out of me. I just have no energy. My DH has been dealing with the same thing so at least I know it's not all in my head. I do have some good news. My blood work this week showed my cancer is still stable, praise God. I have only been on the letrozole for about 9 months now after stopping Ibrance back on August 1st. It's wonderful to have this break but sometimes my head goes to bad places and I think the cancer is growing again. I have no idea how long it will be before that happens and I know I should just enjoy this time and thank God for all His blessings but it's tough to have that much faith sometimes.

As always I keep everyone here in my prayers even if I'm not posting much.

Love and prayers,

Faith (in the future).

• footprintsangel
    edited April 2018

Cast Your Cares Upon The Lord

I don't worry about tomorrow, Lord,

I'll leave that up to You.

I place my faith and trust in You

In whatever You decide to do.

My frets and fears of yesteryears

And my sins of my distant past

Are needless things to worry about,

For upon You they were cast.

Today, I promise to do my best

To please You in every way.

I'll hold steadfast and keep the faith

And never give in to dismay.

To shine Your lightwithin my heart

Is my heartfelt, earnest prayer.

I'll cast my cares upon You, Lord,

For I know that You are always there.  By Shirley Powell

• footprintsangel
    edited April 2018

The Lighthouse

There is a lighthouse not far away, to help ships find there

way. Around and around the light goes, It shines on the 

water to let the ships know, When there is a storm near.

The lighthouse helps them not to fear.

God can be your lighthouse everyday He will help you

find  your way. So when the waves of life have got you 

down and you don't know where you are bound. All you

need to do is pray and God will help you find the way.    Debbie

Heavenly Father, Please bless and give Your comfort love to

all those that are going through challenges, pain or just need

alittle more courage to climb the mountain they are facing. 

Help them to find peacefulness and rest in Your arms of healing

love.  Thank You for all You are doing and have done, Lord. 

For I feel Your love shared in this group, it is everywhere here.

And they love You so much. In Jesus name. Amen

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited April 2018

Thank you ladies. Your sweet songs reminded me of one of my favorites...

"For I know my Redeemer lives,
    and in the end He will stand on the earth.
    Though my flesh it be destroyed
    yet with my eyes I will see God.
    For I know my Redeemer lives,
    and in the end He will stand on the earth." Crystal Lewis

I find myself torn these days between praying for God to come quickly and end the devastation that is part of this world, or praying that He will wait just a little longer for my loved ones to be saved. If my illness leads to the salvation of my son, then it is worth it.

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2018

Happy Sunday dear sisters. I will check in with you later.

Love,

Nancy

• footprintsangel
    edited April 2018

I walked with God

Out in the field, I walked with God, As

I heard the humming of the bees and the

blowing of the trees, All my cares seemed

dim. Because I walked with Him.

The birds were singing, a beautiful day was

beginning. I went and knelt, Praying for a hand

to help me stand. I give God my fears and He wiped

away my tears, I laid all my burdens down and I walked with Him.

• hersheykiss
    edited April 2018

Foots, the prayers and poems are beautiful. Thank you for posting them.

Praying for all in this lovely group.

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2018

I am sorry I haven't had a chance to post much the last few days. I am trying to catch up and with my insomnia rearing it's ugly head I have had some challenging days.

I am praying for each one of you and will continue to do so.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    edited April 2018

Nothing is impossible for our Lord!

• bandwoman1234
    edited April 2018

Thanks Joanne and Chris for sharing lyrics of some of the old hymns.

Debbie (Foots), I love your writings and the poems. I am praying for you.

Lita, praying that your blood counts improve so you can resume your chemo.

Lisa, praying for you for your rads and for your anxiety.

Ade, praying for you and James in ALL areas.

Jean, how are you doing? I know the NY weather has been crazy to say the least. I know you had at least one day where it was 80 while in Chicago we had 37 on the same day.

Teri, praying that you can get back to good health very soon. I know the cold weather this late in spring is hard but it does look like we have a brighter forecast this coming week than we have had.

Chris, I think God is putting up with all the "stuff" of this world because there are still people praying and believing and I believe He is tarrying because He wants more to be saved. After studying some in Jeremiah about the Potter and the Clay and Jonah and Ninevah God does spare nations and does change his mind when people repent. I imagine we all have family that needs to know the saving grace that Jesus offers. We still have much work to be done and it starts with prayer.

Hershey, how are you feeling now that treatments are over? I love that banner. When I see the absolute amazing creations that God has made and with our newer technology we can explore the depths of the sea that have not been seen my man the colors of fish in the ocean is so amazing to me. So I can see there is NOTHING too hard for God!

Have a good night dear ladies. I pray for each one of you all the time.

Love,

Nancy