thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited November 2018

Lita, here's another prayer for a pain free day and a wonderful, successful book launch party. You are my hero, I can't believe all you have accomplished while battling this awful, terrible disease. Enjoy your day and celebrate YOU!

Love and prayers, 🙏🏻💕

Faith (in the future).

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited November 2018

Lita, you're amazing and we congratulate you and pray for a BLESSED, in every way, book launch party!!!

Nancy, the way you framed that scene is perfect - it's simply a masterpiece to glorify our Creator - Glad you captured it!

Thank you for asking about James' meds 'challenge'. It's kind of you to remember. We couldn't get a response form the VA to get a statement of the co-pays so I had to go back researching bank records online and print out every check we paid over this year and include the Medicare co-pays and the local drugstore ones too as requested by the pharmaceutical company. We faxed this AND mailed it to them - now we wait. I surely HOPE the doctor's office corrected their part that wasn't done right. I think we have jumped through all of the hoops now. James sees the cardiologist this month again so if we still have to get samples until this is through perhaps we can. God is sovereign and has a purpose for everything for our good. (Just ask Joseph!) We trust in Him.

Blessings upon your weekend, Sisters!

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited November 2018

Lita, praying for an awesome book launch party with overflowing joy!

Ade, you have certainly jumped through enough hoops. If you don't get any action I think I may personally go down there and rattle the cage!!!!

Thank you ladies. I just might frame that pic. I will print it out and see how it looks blown up. I am making photo greeting cards and it might be a good choice for one of those too.

Have a good day dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited November 2018

Lita, praying your book launch party is a time of celebration, refreshment and encouragement!

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited November 2018

Thank you for all your prayers. The book launch this afternoon was a tremendous success: great food, great service, and a fabulous cake by Daphne Ho Cake Studios. And my back wasn't too bad today, either, PTL!

The 3-D Bulldog rested on a platform cake made of chocolate and raspberry filling. It was very light...not too sweet. Just wonderful. Thank you all again.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

Lita, what an absolutely beautiful cake. I am thrilled to hear your book launch party was a great success and that you felt better. Thanks for sharing the pics. So special!

Love,

Nancy

• gkbuser
    gkbuser Member Posts: 300
    edited November 2018

Lita, that cake is most awesome! And I'm so glad to hear that your back was pretty good. Praise the Lord!

• ade
    edited November 2018

Lita we're all rejoicing with you!!! (How does one cut such an awesome cake!)

Love,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

The scriptures tell us to give thanks IN all circumstances. It doesn't say FOR all circumstances. We find ourselves in many situations that we don't like at all. We can be honest with God and tell him our honest feelings. He can handle it. He does ask us to give thanks IN all circumstances and there is a difference.

In this season of Thanksgiving find as many things as you can to be thankful for............even those situations that you hate being in. There is a release in your spirit that comes from doing that. It is a type of surrender knowing that God is still in control of your life and that you trust Him to see you though whatever circumstances you find yourself.

Love,

Nancy

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited November 2018

Heavenly Father, Please bless all the wonderful people

here and fill them with Your comforting love. Be with those

that are hurting or going through treatment, and need Your

loving arms to help carry them through. Fill them with 

peacefulness and Your loving touch. Be with those that

need Your caring kindness and peace through any trials

or just need Your supporting hands to help them. In Jesus name. Amen

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

Debbie, good to hear from you. I pray that you are feeling better and tests were good news.

Joanne, I know sometimes it feels like it is pouring rain and then right when things seem to clear up we see another storm in the distance coming out us. May God envelope you with his peace just like your new arm wrap is your arm and praying you will feel His peace and your arm swelling will finally go down for good. Praying for you and your family needs.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

Good morning dear ladies.

When we approach each day we have choices we can make that will set the tone for the day. If we wake up on the wrong side of the bed and feel cranky and grumpy we can proceed to make the rest of our day miserable not only for yourself but for everyone around you...........................or you can choose to look toward the Lord for an attitude adjustment and trust that He will give you peace in the midst of your funk.

Love,

Nancy

• ade
    edited November 2018

AMEN, Debbie!

Nancy - Great words of truth about giving thanks IN all things and the Lord's ability to "adjust " our attitudes! I was feeling kind of overwhelmed yesterday morning but after reading my Bible & devotionals, when I went to journal my prayer it came out full of gratitude for the abundant blessings from the Lord!

Joanne I am lifting up all of your prayer needs. I can't imagine the amount and duration of pain that you have constantly - but Jesus knows and is at the right hand of the Father ever interceding for you. Knowing that is an immense comfort alone. Sending you a warm <<HUG>>.

Whether OUR political candidates were elected or not isn't as important as knowing that God is still on the throne and is sovereign. He has the future all planned out from before the beginning so it's all going to be ok for His children. Even if we will have to endure tribulations and trials in this world it is nothing compared to the glory - our blessed hope - ahead. Encourage each other with these words. Even so come quickly, Lord Jesus!

Blessings upon your day -

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

Dear sisters,

I would appreciate your prayers for my BIL. They discovered a large aneurysm in the lower chamber of his heart. After several heart tests the results show his heart is only functioning at 35%. My sister is a Christian but he is not and does not want to hear anything about it. He has been 100% disabled for several years due to agent orange in the Vietnam War.

Chris, how are you doing?

Ellen, continued prayers for you in your recovery.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited November 2018

Nancy, sending prayers for the salvation of your BIL, his health, and your sister. Praying this crisis will cause a breakthrough for his salvation.

I just returned from my 3-month infusion. The nurses agree I just need to hang on and see if I can beat this pneumonia and that I am doing ok. Still don't feel well but the coughing is less.

• ade
    edited November 2018

Chris - glad your infusion is over for now and praying for the Lord to completely heal that pneumonia.

Nancy - praying for your BIL! AMEN to Joanne's post!

I LOVE this time of year - Great porch sittin'!

Blessings,

Ade

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited November 2018

This is morning and sunset the same day - God makes these beautiful landscapes for us to know how awesome He is.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

Thank you ladies for your prayers. I really appreciate them and need them. I talked to my Mom last night and she has a tooth hurting. My sister doesn't need anymore stress right now so I am praying this tooth ache will go away as there is nothing I can do now waiting on dental apt and my MRI next week.

Thank you ladies for the peaceful pictures. I will imagine myself sitting on Ade's porch and watching a beautiful sunset like GM's.

Chris I continue to pray for complete healing. I am glad you were able to get your infusion.

Love,

Nancy

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited November 2018

Nancy,

There are gels out there (Oragel?) that can help with SOME toothaches. I think you rub it into the base of the tooth. It may help until your mom can go to the dentist.

I'm having BAD sensitivity in both jaws as a consequence of chemo. It's horrible. Dentist gave me special toothpaste, but it's not doing any good, so I can sympathize with your mom.

L

• ade
    edited November 2018

Perfect scripture Nancy - for all of us! Praying your mom's tooth will stop hurting until she can see a dentist, for VERY GOOD results on your MRI, for salvation for your brother in law and God's perfect peace and strength for you in all of this. (I have 3 fillings that came out and a cracked one & I can't get in until next month! It will total over $800!!! (Yikes - right before Christmas too!) :o(

Joanne I would LOVE to sit with you on my porch! (The critters can't get up there as it is too high for them, and we have a very sturdy railing with gate - we're safe!) :o)

Gma, doesn't God's lovely handiwork just bring peace to your soul? Glad you captured them.

PRAISING THE LORD HERE!!! James Just got approved for his free $$$ medication until January, after a long, long battle. Then he will need to reapply. We are SO very thankful for this answer to our prayers and thank you who have prayed with us. We have some kind of feverish intestinal malady today but we're singing God's praises over this news!

God bless you all,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

Lita, praying for your painful jaws. My Mom used to use Oragel so I will have to mention that to my sister. Thanks for the reminder as I would not have thought of that. I have TMJ which affects my jaws when it gets bad so I can understand how uncomfortable that can be. Praying you will get relief very soon.

Ade, praising the Lord over the good news regarding James meds. THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sorry to hear about your tooth issues and the fact you have to wait for so long. I will get my permanent crown on Monday and I have already paid $500 and I DO have dental insurance. I don't know why this stuff has to be so expensive.

Praying for the wildfires in CA and for the horrible tragedy with another massive shooting.

Speaking of wildlife I have had a couple of encounters recently. I feed the birds and that means I have hawks that fly in occasionally to grab a bite to eat. This hawk was huge. The first pic I was pleasantly surprised to see made our newspaper this week. The second one shows just how big it really was. Last night I realized I had forgotten to fill my heated birdbath so I was out very late with a pitcher of water. My patio lights tripped my circuit breaker for some reason so it was pretty dark in the backyard. I could see what I thought was a plastic bag floating towards me. Well, as it got closer it was not a plastic bag but a skunk. I froze in my tracks and thankfully it did not spray me!

We had our first snow already. UGH!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your weekend.

Love,

Nancy

• gkbuser
    edited November 2018

Nancy, I am so sorry your mom is now having a tooth problem. It just seems like it's one thing after another. I know God can handle all of this though. I got a call from my mom Tuesday morning as I was on my way to work that she got the stomach flu and had to go to the ER for fluids. Because she's 85 after the fluids they did a chest x-ray to make sure that they didn't give her too much fluids. They found the right lung Mass. This is bad news. She had colon cancer 2 years ago and had chemo and radiation then surgery for a colostomy. It nearly killed her. They are thinking this could be her GI cancer spread to her lung. She has a CT scan scheduled on Tuesday that my sister that lives in Indiana is taking her to. I called to check on her today and in the conversation it came out that she really doesn't know what the prep is for the CT. Now she's all stressed out. I told her not to stress she just needs to call on Monday and clarify with the prep is. I think my sister in Indiana is getting pretty stressed with all of this. I just wish my mom was closer to me. I'm limited to what I can do when I live in Iowa.

• gkbuser
    edited November 2018

Ade, so glad your husband finally got the meds! One less thing to worry about.

• ade
    edited November 2018

GK I am so sorry to hear about your mom! I pray it is NOT cancer coming back and for God's peace for all of you! Keep us informed please.

Nancy, I'm glad you didn't get sprayed by the lil' sinker! Your hawk photo is simply AMAZING! Praying your crown work will go well and be a piece of cake!

Lita, praying for relief for your mouth pain - and everywhere else too!

It's finally getting cold here in SW TX. One more day in the 70s and then Br-r-r-r-r! Great BAKING weather though - if I can muster the energy!

Love to you all!

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

GK I am so sorry to hear about this mass they found in your mom's lung. It may turn out to be a blessing they accidentally found it so they can do what they need to do asap. I will be praying for your mom and your sister and you. Sometimes it is harder to be the long distance one because you feel so helpless. I am sure they can quickly find out the prep for the lung CT. I bet there is not much prep for that but it has been many years since I have had one.

Thanks Ade. We'll see if that hawk pic wins me a $50 gift card. It is VERY cold here now. Winter has arrived in early Nov. UGH.

Have a good Sunday dear sisters. I did have my first claustrophobic dream last night and ended up waking up in panic mode. Obviously I have a subconscious fear of the MRI machine still. I am not consciously aware of it though. I will be sedated for this after my last one that did not go well but I got through it. Off to bed for me.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

GOD BLESS ALL OF OUR VETERANS TODAY

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2018

He can change your circumstances but even if He doesn't He will still be right by your side walking through it with you and giving you the strength to deal with whatever your challenge is. He is forever perfecting you for that one day when He receives you into glory.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited November 2018

Amen Nancy to your prayer. I know God will be with you holding your hand as you have your MRI of your brain tomorrow. Sending prayers for your peace and strength as you go through this test.

Love and prayers, Faith (in the future).

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited November 2018

Nancy, I'm praying for your comfort and peace tomorrow. I pray that the MRI results are exactly what you and your physician are hoping to receive.