Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Kaara
    Kaara Member Posts: 2,101
    edited March 2012

It is so sad that children become the pawns in the disputes of others.  I will definitely pray that this issue is resolved to everyone's satisfaction.  

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited March 2012

Dear Kathleen, I will lift your whole family up in prayer and hope hearts are softened and opened for God's love to come in. I am sorry that you are dealing with this, but I know Our Lord answers prayer. God bless you for your caring and kind heart. Kathy

• kmccraw423
    kmccraw423 Member Posts: 885
    edited March 2012

Thank you so much for the prayers.  They are appreciated.  I pray all the time that Jeff's heart is softened and he finds the love of family soon.

• kmccraw423
    edited March 2012

I realize Jeff has a side too but his solution is cruel - both to his parents and his children.  A parcel of land is just not worth it.  I love all of them but this split affects the entire family.  I'm going to pray really hard and then let go and let God.  Thanks Jo.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited March 2012

Sad when disputes split a family.  Anyone know what Jeff's side could be?  My prayer would be for an impartial  family friend to understand both sides and get that knowledge out to only the interested parties.   There's misunderstanding at play (seen it in my own family years ago).   That does not excuse Jeff using his children in that way and hurting his parents over something that was not his to begin with.

Lord, I lift up Kathleen and her entire family that you would soften the hearts and lead them to look upward, not at the things of this earth that will go away, but at the eternal things of you, our Lord and deliverer.

Amen.

• kmccraw423
    edited March 2012

Patoo ... thank you so much for the prayer.  Since Jeff has not bothered to explain his side I am assuming it is primarily because neither his brother nor his parents live their lives the way he thinks they should.  He says his brother was the "favorite" and his brother says he was the "favorite."  So we have some sibling rivalry going on.  There are so many issues, the whole thing is really complicated but the bottom line is the whole thing is ridiculous and hurtful.

Enough said - just pray for Jeff so that his heart might be softened.  Thanks.

• Kaara
    edited March 2012

That sibling rivalry can be difficult.  I have four children and I have always tried so hard to be fair to all of them, but there are times when one needs more than the other, so you end up giving them a little more attention for that need, but it doesn't mean they are a "favorite".  In my will and trust I designated that any outstanding loans that I had to my children would come off their share before it was distributed to all; hopefully, removing that stigma that anyone was favored over the other.

Who are any of us to judge how someone else lives their lives.  Only God can make that judgment. 

• Kindergarten
    edited March 2012

Dear Kathleen, I sure hope this situation is resolved soon. It has got to be so heavy on your heart and all you want is the best for your children. Hopefully, they will see how much this is hurting you!!! Our Lord is seeing and listening to your pain and you are such a faithful servant, prayers will be answered one way or another!!!!  God bless you, Kathy I have a son, Jeff as well!!!!

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited April 2012

Kathleen, so sorry to hear of this sad family situation. I will be praying for reconciliation.

Kathy, congratulations! I became a grandmother (Nana) 2 months ago. She is so precious. It will make our move to Boone more difficult emotionally for me, but it is only 4 1/2 hours away, so I will return often to visit my granddaughter and will keep my doctors here in Greenville. Boone is much smaller, so it's a lot more difficult to get a doctor there. I also have a sister and mom in Greenville and will visit them monthly as well.

Please pray that our home sells quickly. We have a beautiful house, but there is a lot of competition on the market. I didn't follow Jo's advice, but instead overdid it and now am paying the price. I was hurrying to get our home ready for sale, and staying up very late and working too hard. I was getting only two hours of sleep a night and was in a lot of pain. I'm doing better now, but my arm pain never goes away.

Thank all of you for your prayers and support. I do appreciate each of you so very much!

• Rocket
    edited April 2012

I hear you Jo about the truncal LE. I had radiation too, so my ribcage, both front and back, on that side always hurts, but the pain is worse when the weather is bad and I have more swelling. Any storms brewing in your area? I am praying now for you that your pain will resolve quickly, and yes, I completely understand and empathize with your fear. Remember that Our Great God is holding You in the palm of His hand. I pray that His peace will rest upon you Jo.

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2012

Dear Rocket, Thank you so much for your happy wishes!!! We are all so excited, this will be our first grandchild!!! Prayers are answered. I will also pray for an easy transition for you and your hubby's move. I know it will be hard to leave your Boone, but I know you will make it work. Sometimes, the farther you are away, the more of an effort you make to see each other. You are all in the palm of our Lord's mighty Hand!!!! Prayers are coming for an easy sale on your home, we just sold ours in IN, it only takes one to go through your beautiful home and love it. Please take care of yourself, No more LE flareups!!!! Blessings, Kathy

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2012

Dear Rocket, Thank you so much for your happy wishes!!! We are all so excited, this will be our first grandchild!!! Prayers are answered. I will also pray for an easy transition for you and your hubby's move. I know it will be hard to leave your Boone, but I know you will make it work. Sometimes, the farther you are away, the more of an effort you make to see each other. You are all in the palm of our Lord's mighty Hand!!!! Prayers are coming for an easy sale on your home, we just sold ours in IN, it only takes one to go through your beautiful home and love it. Please take care of yourself, No more LE flareups!!!! Blessings, Kathy

• patoo
    edited April 2012

Kathy, Wow, you are excited - so excited you said it twice.  Laughing

Rocket and JO-5, keeping you both in prayer for healing.  We serve an AWESOME God so we know all things good will come from Him.

Rocket, my sister, an attorney, lived many years in Greenville and is now living and teaching at Alamance Community College in Burlington.  I still have a friend there in Greenville, Dr Campbell, was OB-Gyn, now in Public Health and her DH is an Oral Surgeon there.  Small world.

• Rocket
    edited April 2012

Good to hear Jo. I PM'd you before I read your post. I feel relief just knowing you had a good report from your doc.

Patoo, yes it is a very small word. My DH's job starts in Aug., so it will give us a little time to sell our house. Please keep praying Ladies!

God bless you all with a very happy Easter!

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2012
    Jo-5, good news for you, God is Good. From what I hear about our journey, aches and pains are a part of it, but I always worry too, even though I know Fear and Faith can reside together, but so glad you had good report from the doctor.Rocket, prayers will continue for you and your family, always!!!!! May you all have a wonderful and very Blessed Easter!!!!!! 
  • kmccraw423
    edited April 2012

Tomorrow I am going in for a hip replacement.  Prayers sisters!  Actually, I am looking forward to it as the pain is so crippling.  Its been acting up a storm so if I ever had an doubts, they're gone!  I think pain is God's way of telling us - get on with it and over it.  I know I am in safe hands with the Lord and this will be an opporunity for me to catch up on my reading of the "word"

Jo - so happy for your good news.  Rocket - I am sure it will all come out fine.

I'll be off the boards for a while.  See you later.

• Kaara
    edited April 2012

Kathleen:  All the best on your surgery.  Sending you prayers and healing energy!

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2012

Dear Kathleen. Prayers are coming your way for a successful surgery and healing.Yes, you are in Safe Hands with our Lord!! God bless you!!!!!!

• Rocket
    edited April 2012

Praying now Kathleen for a speedy recovery. May His mighty hands protect you.

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2012

Dear Jo-5, As I read your post, I asked our Lord to give you more pain free days, as you are such a faithful servant to HIM and for us. I hope the storm passes quickly in OH and that you feel the signs of Spring soon. Thank you, Jo-5 for always posting prayers and beautiful words for us, despite your pain and discomfort. God bless you!!!! Good morning to Rocket, Kaara and Kathleen, continued prayers for all of you as well. Have a wonderful Day!!!!!

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2012

This very special Holy Week, as always, brings me to my knees in thankfulness knowing what God our Father did for us by sending His Only Son, Jesus Christ to die for us and give us Eternal Life and take away our Sins. His gift of Grace is free and all we have to do is commit our lives to Him!!!  Just knowing that Jesus faced dark times, endured torture and humiliation, makes me realize I can endure dark times in my own life, knowing that defeat is not the end of the story. The Resurrection of Christ is the hope we need to keep our faces looking upward and our minds focused on the goal of  Heaven. Jesus suffered death, so that we may all enjoy life. I am overwhelmed by the Love that was given and shown to us. I am saddened by the suffering that Jesus endured for us but I am feeling the Joy knowing His Resurrection brought me life again and again. God bless you all, May you experience many blessings, joy and gratitude this Holy Week.

• Rocket
    edited April 2012

Well said Kathy!

• snorfia
    snorfia Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2012

Just a newbie saying - I'm glad you're here, and I'll drop by from time to time.

• Rocket
    edited April 2012

Welcome Snorfia!

• patoo
    edited April 2012

Welcome snorfia.  I am always so humbled on this day, Good Friday, knowing what our Lord sacrificed for us.  Good Friday communion service tonight but so looking forward to Easter Sunday worship and praise for His rising.  To God be the glory.

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2012

Hi, Snorfia, Welcome to this wonderful thread and to all wonderful ladies. I wish you a  Beautiful and Wondrous Easter, knowing how much we are all loved!!! God bless you!!!! Kathy

• Kaara
    edited April 2012

Welcome Snorfia and Happy Easter everyone!  I'm busy today shopping and getting ready for Sunday when the family comes over for dinner.  I have baskets for the kiddies so it will be fun hiding and finding the eggs.  

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2012

Hi, Kaara, I just love your picture, so pretty. Enjoy your Easter with your family. My first grandbaby won't be here until August, so next year will be the Easter Egg Hunt. I just made baskets for the sons and wives. I am cooking now for Sunday. God bless you!!!

• Kaara
    edited April 2012

Thank you Kathy!  Happy Easter to you and your family!

• Kindergarten
    edited April 2012

Dear Friends and Sisters in Christ, Please be in prayer for me today, headed to the eye doctor. I have had problems with floaters and flashes of light in left eye, pray for me that it is not a detached retina, but if it is, a solution and discernment for the doctor as to what the treatment or surgery he may have to do.I feel peace knowing The Lord will take care of me. Thank you so much for taking the time to pray for me. I hope you all had a very Blessed Easter. God Bless You all, Kathy