Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited November 2019

Heavenly Father, Please be with all these wonderful people, as You

Father know their every need. Please walk with those going through

a lot of pain or challenges. Know Your loving arms will carry them

and comfort them. Please bless those that are new or going through

again, that Your caring love will help them. Please guide and bless

those that are going through treatment or surgery, that Your hands

will guide. You are the Greatest Surgeon, Healing Doctor, Father

and Friend. Thank You for all You are doing and have done. In

Jesus wonderful name. Amen

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited November 2019

Thanks Margo.

Good to hear from you Debbie. (Footprints). Thank you for your prayers. Praying for you and Faithful Grace as well. Hope this cooler weather is better for you.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2019

As we enter into this holiday season it seems that our stress level can rise with the heightened expectations of having that perfect holiday dinner or decorating to rise to the level of previous expectations from years past. There is no shame in cutting back. I took a class on dealing with stress designed for teachers many years ago. The teachers/psychologists had a saying don't "should" on yourself. So when I am hearing that voice in my head saying you really should be doing ____________ I try to remember that advice. Try to be nice to YOU this season.

Love,
    Nancy

Philippians 4:6-7 New International Version (NIV)

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2019

Hi dear sisters,t

I wanted to share some exciting news that I just received today in an email. As many of you know I have been participating in the photo competition for a Forest Preserve District of a neighboring County for a few years. In the thousands of photos they could choose I was very honored to be one of three photos to appear on their new launch of gift cards. This photo below is one that will appear on some of their gift cards. This is not something I entered so this took me by complete surprise. They are sending me a complimentary $10 gift card so I will get to see what it looks like. They sent me a link to view it. I could imagine my photos being on calendars or greeting cards but never entered my mind that it could appear on a gift card. So that is my exciting news that made my day.

I will have to share something later after I have had some more tests.

Love,

Nancy

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited November 2019

Heavenly Father, Please be with those here that need Your loving

touch of peacefulness. As they are facing another bridge, Please

keep them in Your care and let them feel better, as they rest in Your

love. Please be with those that are traveling, that Your angels will

keep them safe. Please guide those that are new or going through

a lot of test because of return. You are such a Wonderful God and

we know You see each tear or pain and even cry with us. Please give

courage and strength to those going through a lot of challenges or

treatments, Please be with everyone here and may they feel Your

loving arms around them. They love You so much and grateful for all

You are doing and have done. In Jesus wonderful name. Amen

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited November 2019

Nancy, congratulations, that’s wonderful news and the photo is beautiful!

I pray your test results are all good.

Our family could use some prayers. Just found out our dear SIL has stage 2 prostrate cancer. I don’t know what the treatment will be but I pray it is not too harsh. He is self employed and has a heating, refrigeration business that really needs him to be there. I believe it’s very treatable, hopefully curable but he could lose lots of business if he’s unable to work for a long time, especially if our weather is bad this winter.

Praying for everyone here.

Love,

Faith (in the future).

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited November 2019

Nancy, what great news! And the photo is lovely--bright and cheery! I will be praying for your tests.

Faith, I will also be praying for your BIL and his upcoming challenges with medical and business needs. This disease hits us all in so many different ways.

I met with my onc today and she is guardedly optimistic that things are remaining stable, but wants to move my scans up just a little sooner than the normal three months. The mets on my bones are still gone but there is some new activity in my liver area she wants to watch. I am praising God for His continued care for these 3 1/2 years on this same medicine.
    I would ask for prayer for me tomorrow in another way. I am faced with the decision to have my cat euthanized tomorrow. If you remember, she is diabetic. With all my needs I cannot monitor her blood sugar daily and give insulin shots. She now refuses to eat her special diet food, and throws up a lot at random. Bending over for me doesn't work at all so clean-up is difficult. When I think of her quality of life I know she is about done and doesn't feel well and I don't want her to go on like this. The family all agree doing it now is the right decision. Still, it doesn't make it easy. Thanks for listening.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2019

Debbie, Amen and thank you for your prayers.

Faith, thank you. Praying that your SIL will be able to manage the prostate cancer and still be able to work in his business. My Dad had prostate cancer but that was so many years ago that I imagine they have more options. I know that this is a shock to your family. I'll be praying for him.

Chris, thank you too. I would like to have some of that July sun when I took that photo. I am glad your MO was optimistic but prudent as well keeping on top of things. I will certainly be praying for you as you make the very tough decision to put your cat down. I am so sorry but it sounds like if she is really not feeling well this makes sense for both of you as it is getting too much for you too. No matter the hows or whys that we reach this type of decision it is just plain hard. Praying for courage and strength for tomorrow and for afterwards. Just know you did everything you could for her and I am sure you loved her very much and I bet she loved you and your family as well.

Have a good night dear sisters. It is quite late here and I must get to bed.

Love,

Nancy

• margo53
    margo53 Member Posts: 131
    edited November 2019

What a beautiful photo Nancy! So refreshing! I do appreciate the encouragement you and others give during this difficult time for many of us.

I just wanted to update you all about my first MO appointment today. My Mammaprint came back as High Risk so he did recommend chemo. I was quite surprised since the BS seemed to think only radiation, but that’s ok... so I’ll be getting TC regime starting Dec 2, 4 treatments every 3 weeks. The puzzling thing is he said I didn’t have to have a port. Being a nurse, I know how toxic chemo can be on the veins, so I’m leaning towards letting them know I do want a port. Does anyone here have an experience of getting these two drugs without a port? I only have two good veins to use for treatment and labs. Thanks for any input. I have put this on some other boards here also.

Blessings to you all

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2019

HI Margo,

I am not familiar with the Mammaprint as I only had the Oncotype test. Did you have that one as well. I was thinking you said you did. I will be curious to see what that one says. I have to admit that I am quite surprised that you have to have chemo. Did you get your biopsy report? There is a proliferation rate that is important which tells you how fast growing the tumor is. I wonder if that was a factor. I know many of the ladies that have chemo have ports so I am surprised they said you wouldn't have one. Maybe some of the ladies here can jump in regarding that. Usually there is a thread that will be a chemo thread for the month you start and that is a great way to meet other ladies going through it at the same time you are and you can compare notes on how you are doing. My veins are a challenge so I would have difficulty with that as well. You will be starting soon it looks like. We will be praying for you as you go through your treatments. Soak up as much Thanksgiving as you can before starting. You will get through this!!!

Love,

Nancy

• margo53
    edited November 2019

thanks Nancy.... I don’t think I had the Oncotype, now that the other one is back. Medicare might not pay for both, I don’t know. I’ll look at my biopsy report... I think he said no port because there are only 4 treatments and TC is not as toxic to the veins as some of the other drugs... but I have sent a message to the nurse saying I would rather have a port.... some responded on the Chemo board saying they had TC with no port and did fine, but I’m thinking they could be much younger, I know one was in her 40’s. My veins were great when I was younger.

Can anyone tell me how to get my treatment changes to show up below in my signature? I have clicked save and exit and I don’t see my changes.

And how do I start a new topic? Like December Chemo?

Seems like I can only reply to other posts.

Thanks to all for your prayers😀

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2019

Dear friends,

I am leaving today for downstate and will be there until next Sunday. Looking forward to a good family time at Thanksgiving. I will check in when I can.

Margo, I am praying for you and I didn't have a chance to respond to you questions. It has been a long time since I started a topic and also a long time when I have wrote my stats but if and when I have some time I will see if I can help you with that.

Praying for ALL of you.

Love,

Nancy

Psalm 4:7-8 New International Version (NIV)

7 Fill my heart with joy
    when their grain and new wine abound.

8 In peace I will lie down and sleep,
    for you alone, Lord,
    make me dwell in safety.

• margo53
    edited November 2019

thanks Nancy,

My updates on diagnosis is finally showing up, still not sure about new topics. Would love to see one on Dec2019, chemo groups. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving

• gkbuser
    gkbuser Member Posts: 300
    edited November 2019

I know I have been kind of AWOL lately. Please know that I do think of you all and have not forgotten you. We are leaving tomorrow morning to drive to IN to be with mom for Thanksgiving. Will do a supper meal there and stay two nights then come home Saturday. Mom is starting the slow decline. 86 years old. Please everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Our God is good and the giver of all good things. Praise him!

-Krista

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2019

Dear ladies of faith,

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. For those traveling I pray for a safe journey to and from your destination. For those having family/friends in I pray that it will be a wonderful time of sharing and great food with loved ones.

Krista, praying for a safe journey for you. We are having a wind advisory in central IL and hopefully that will have passed by the time you are traveling through. My niece is coming today from Iowa and I am concerned as the wind is ferocious. I pray you can enjoy this special time with your Mom.

I have many things to be thankful for and I just received results from a test yesterday. I have had allergy shots for 38 years and I was just retested two years ago and reacted to many things. My allergy doctor is retiring so I had to find a new doctor quickly. I saw her last Tues for the first time and I really liked her alot. They did testing on me and it was truly unbelievable. I reacted to NOTHING. They kept adding more panels of skin testing and each one showed NOTHING. She ordered a blood test which she said would be very accurate in case any of my meds were interfering. I got the results back yesterday and again I reacted to NOTHING. I asked this new doctor last week if my cancer drug could be coming into play here and she said yes. I finished my five years on Anastrozole at the end of July but according to my oncologist because the drug is so robust (her words) it can stay in your system for a long time. So this is a case where possibly my cancer drug blessed me beyond cancer and into my allergy situation. At any rate I am absolutely thrilled that I will not need any more shots. I have two scheduled with my old doctor and then I will be DONE. Can you see my HAPPY DANCEHappy.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2019

Margo, on the left of the screen there is a search button. You will need to scroll up to the top or hit the back to top link on the bottom right. After hitting search many topics will appear. There are directions on how to start a new topic. Only moderators can start new forums so I would suggest doing the topic. Looks pretty straight forward. Hoping you can do this as I know you are starting chemo on Monday. Praying it all goes well for you.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited November 2019

Nancy, praising God with you. He is indeed good!

I will add prayers for all those unable to travel who will spend a quiet thanksgiving while missing family. I am thankful my family are not trying to travel in this weather. It is even raining in San Diego. We just returned from our annual trip to visit Santa and made it home just in time before the wind and rain hit ferociously. We go this day every year because there is never much of a line and Santa is not stressed nor tired yet. Works great every year. Going on this little outing is one of the joys of living near a grandchild.

We did euthanize our kitty last week. It was the right decision for her. This will be the first year in 46 years of marriage that we won't have a cat climbing the tree or eating the tinsel. I can also now have a poinsettia plant and fresh flowers. We always seem to have a cat who eats them! Although I will miss my kitties, I am not having any more animals. It is all I can do to take care of myself and my family!

God bless you all and your families with abundant thanksgiving.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2019

Chris, I am glad you got to visit Santa. I am sure your grand daughter's eyes were filled with wonder as I imagine yours was too watching her with Santa. A wonderful tradition that I am glad you got to do. I pray you have a blessed and quiet time with your family at home. I know that must have been so difficult putting your cat down but I am sure she appreciated all the care and love you gave her. I know my sister who at one time had seven cats (not planned by any means) and now has none is appreciating some of the perks of not having a pet. She went through what I did with my cat not using the litter box so she has said no more cats. Actually she would like to get a dog but we'll see on that one.

Have a wonderful time with your family.

Love,

Nancy

• faith-840
    faith-840 Member Posts: 926
    edited November 2019

Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels. I’m glad we don’t have to travel far with the awful winds we have been having. We are enjoying once again having one of our granddaughters here during her break from school. Half of my family will be together at our Son’s house tomorrow, for which I am very grateful. I just miss having everyone together, but kids grow up and move away and it gets too hard and expensive to travel.

Nancy, how wonderful that you don’t need allergy shots anymore. What a relief that must be. I haven’t taken shots for years but I still take lots of allergy meds. Lately with the cold weather, things are better and I’m able to reduce what I take which helps me feel less tired. I think that and also reducing my AI by half is helping, I believe. Now, if I could just get my back pain and sciatica under control, things would be good. Still going to PT, although I had to cancel yesterday. Too many things to do still causes me anxiety. I’m learning to pace myself and not over schedule.

May you all have a blessed Thanksgiving. I’m feeling very blessed and grateful and pray all of you are too.

Love, Faith

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited November 2019

Wishing you all a safe and blessed Thanksgiving. Nancy, so glad about your allergies. Love, Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited November 2019

Colossians 3:15
    And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Love, Jean

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2019

Thank you Faith. Enjoy the family you will get to spend Thanksgiving with even if it may not be everyone in the family. In a few weeks I will probably be doing some of your same exercises as I will start PT in January for the same issues.

Thank you Jean. Thank you for that scripture too. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Thank you Joanne for that colorful and sparkly banner. Enjoy your Thanksgiving and I pray peace for you during this time.

Love,

Nancy

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 706
    edited November 2019

May God's blessings bring you warmth and joy on Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2019

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Can you say Pepto Bismol !!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Hershey thank you for the beautiful banner.

Teka, good to hear from you. Love the cartoon.

I heard a joke which I thought was funny. What did the turkey say to the hunter? Quack ,quack. Nerdy

Have a good weekend.

Love

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited November 2019

hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving. Love, Jean

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. —1 PETER 5:7

• ade
    ade Member Posts: 720
    edited November 2019

Thank you all for your beautiful scriptures and banners. I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving. We celebrated with friends yesterday and will go to our son's house to do it again today! This time I have 5 things to cook/bake!

Nancy - praising the Lord with you on the allergies - or lack thereof!

This was the grand finale to our day yesterday. The Lord is good, and worthy of our praises!

Love,

Ade

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2019

Thanks Jean. I needed that Scripture about now.

Ade, what a beautiful sunrise to end your Thanksgiving Day. Have fun with your second celebration. I am sure you will be ready to collapse by tonight. Enjoy all the great food I am sure you will be having.

Love,

Nancy

• intolight
    edited November 2019

Thank you Jean, Ade, Nancy, and others who read and pray silently. You are all appreciated, a special blessing this Thanksgiving.

I cooked TDay dinner yesterday for the four of us and made it through fine. Took shortcuts where I could but it all was still yummy. My DH and DD don't cook, so it is all me when necessary, but it is my joyful service for as long as I am able. Today we are putting up the tree and other decorations. The mess drives me crazy until it is done and I hurt from yesterday, but I love it when it is done. Thankful for family who help.

On another personal note: I was adopted as an infant and my biological father's side of the family found me recently on ancestry.com. I won't go into it all here, but Monday I am meeting my half-brother for the first time who only lives a couple of hours away. So this year I am thankful for additional family blessings. I think God just expanded my borders!

• bandwoman1234
    edited November 2019

Chris, I am glad you were able to cook the Thanksgiving dinner for your family. I am sure your decorations will look fantastic after you get them up and the mess all straightened up. Wow! That is REALLY exciting for you discovering your family and meeting a half brother soon. I hear stories of this type of thing but now you are the story. I hope this opens up a whole new and exciting chapter for you.

Have a good weekend and hopefully you will have time to catch your breath and relax and enjoy your hard work.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited December 2019

Sitting by our fireplace while the snow keeps falling. Very peaceful night. Love, Jean