Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,331
    edited May 2022

Nancy, Jean, teka, Carol, Nanci, Hershey, and others I have failed to mention, I have been praying for you all this morning. It is all I can do right now. My house is a disaster as I feel horrible and just can't empty boxes and put things away. My stomach hurts as my diarrhea is back and I can barely walk. My DH does the best he can, but things just get piled on the counter which drives me crazy. Yesterday my DH and I did the grocery shopping finally (with me in a scooter) so we have food in the house, and I felt well enough to make some spaghetti, but today I don't have any energy. I guess I am finally admitting I need help. (Took me long enough!) My bedroom set isn't here yet so we are still living out of a suitcase and boxes although we have a bed. Think worse case scenario and I am there. As soon as my daughter gets home I am going to ask her to give me a day and stop doing her own unpacking. This is my second breakdown in three days. I have not done this before and it scares me. For you my wonderful friends I could use prayer today. Thank you. Chris

• hersheykiss
    hersheykiss Member Posts: 704
    edited May 2022

Prayers going up for you, dear Chris.

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,872
    edited May 2022

Oh Chris, I will definitely be praying for you. I wish we could all be there in person to support you and help you. You are loved, respected and admired and we hate to see you going through this." Lord, we lift up our dear sister Chris to you. You know her better than she even knows herself. You know what she needs right at this very moment. Help her to release all of her burdens at your feet and help her to have realistic expectations of what she can and cannot do for now. Help her to give herself permission to ask for help freely. We ask for healing of this diarrhea and we ask that you would help her body to assimilate her new meds. Give her peace and rest from the chaos that is around her. Help her to let go of things that are out of her control. Help her loved ones to be sensitive to her needs during this difficult and vulnerable time. Help her to live in day tight compartments, one day at a time and maybe one minute at a time. Rebuke the enemy whose sole purpose is to steal, kill and destroy. Wrap your loving arms around her and comfort her as only You can. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen."

Love,

Nancy

• wheatfields
    wheatfields Member Posts: 180
    edited May 2022

Dear Chris, we are all praying for you as you lean on the everlasting arms. The Lord loves you and knows each heartache and I'm praying that He will give you strength for each moment and help you to cast each care upon Him. And that you can rest in perfect peace as He brings healing to your body. As Nancy said, we're praying that you'll feel the Lord wrap His loving arms around you and comfort you. In Jesus name. Amen.

Love, Wheatfields

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723
    edited May 2022

Chris, I'm so sorry. I hope you start feeling better SOON!

My MRIs went OK, but I was in tears by the end of 2 hours on the hard table. I was counting, praying and singing hymns in my head just to get me through it. The results didn't show any new significant mets or progression. A blip here and there, but nothing that is concerning to my MO. She wants me to see my PCP about my hip and leg pain. I think I'll just message her and then have my DIL take a look at my reports and give me some exercises that may help. My DIL has her doctorate in physical therapy and has helped me with other pain issues.

Not much else going on. We're visiting my dad for the weekend helping with some small stuff. Sunday is our 34th wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe.

Love and prayers to all,Carol

• zjrosenthal
    zjrosenthal Member Posts: 1,541
    edited May 2022

All my tests are done. All negative for cancer! My Lymphedema doctor is away till a week from Monday when she is supposed to call me with the next steps for treatment. Usual for these days...medical care seems to be hurry up and wait! I guess that is why they call us patient s! 😉 Jean

• zjrosenthal
    edited May 2022

Prayed as I read txts today especially for you Chris. How true when He says..."Without Me you can do NOTHING!" We are surely not as strong as we hope or pretend to be. Love, Jean

• intolight
    edited May 2022

Jean, great news on no new cancer. Now to attack the lymphedema.

Carol, two hours on an MRI table would send anyone to tears. That sounds horrible! How fortunate to have a DIL who knows physical therapy. That sounds like a good solution.

I am still not feeling well. I am very weak and have stomach pain this morning to go along with the other aches and pains. I plan on calling my oncologist to see if I should have a dose reduction for the Verzenio. It is the weekend so hopefully I can access the oncall oncologist. My husband's family should be here soon to help put the kitchen and TV together. Yes Jean, I am weaker than I hope to be. This is a hard lesson for me to learn. Watching my DH try to put the kitchen together is hard. He doesn't cook or clean up so he has to ask about everything. All those years of me waiting on him is coming back to haunt him! But he does it willingly and won't let me get up. I thank God for him and for all your prayers.

• gb2115
    gb2115 Member Posts: 553
    edited May 2022

Praying for you Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2022

Since BCO is not allowing any pics apparently I won't be able to do a Mother's Day banner but I am wishing all of you mothers a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!

Carol, I am glad to hear that your hip area of concern is not a concern for your doctor. That was a long MRI and I am sure glad that is over. Sounds awful. However I do pray that you can get some relief. I just saw my old muscle therapist a few days ago as I still order a supplement from her. She was saying so much of back pain is due to the hip flexor muscle. I do hope your DIL can give you some exercises that will work.

Jean, I am glad to hear no cancer for you. I am sure that is a relief. Sorry you have to wait to get into your LE doctor but once you get started you will be given some gentle exercises to move the lymph fluid properly. I hope that will be a big help for you.

Chris, it does seem like that would be a good thing to ask for a dose reduction of Verzenio. When the treatment makes you feel worse there has to be something that can be done. I'm glad you have some family coming in soon to help with the TV and the kitchen. When I think back my Dad would have been lost too setting up the kitchen for my Mom. The kitchen was my Mom's domain and it sounds like the same for you. So hard for both of you. I do hope you can get an on call oncologist who will try a dose reduction for you asap.

Take care everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• gb2115
    edited May 2022

Happy Mother's Day!

Missing my mom terribly this morning. My husband wished me a happy day and then asked about the look on my face. :-(

Are any of you lovely ladies crochet experts? I'm pretty good after probably 10 years or so of practice, but am facing a conundrum with a blanket border. I would normally text my mother to ask her. She always gave me good advice. I realized I don't know any other crocheters.

• intolight
    edited May 2022

Gb, Happy Mother's Day. I miss my mom too! She has been gone nine years now...

I crochet but am self-taught. But my half-sister is an expert. So if I can't help you, she can. What do you need?

• sunshine99
    edited May 2022

gb, I've gone to Google a lot of times for knitting advice. You Tube has some really good (and some not so good) videos. :)

Carol

• gb2115
    edited May 2022

I can try to explain. I made a large granny square blanket, made up of lots of squares attached together with single crochet. Each square is finished with double crochet around, with a chain 3 space in each corner. I wish to do a SC border around the entire outside, but along the sides I have many chain three spaces held together with SC. So spaces right along the edge. I don't know if I should SC into the chain 3 spaces as part of the border, or SC into the chain stitches themselves, above the spaces. I tried it both ways and it looks fine either way, so does it really matter?

I would put a photo on but it's not working.

• intolight
    edited May 2022

gb, I don't think it really matters as long as you like the outcome. I would have to see it...sorry. I will let my SIL know to see if she has a suggestion.

• intolight
    edited May 2022

gb, my SIL sent the following answer to your crochet question...

I've done it both ways as well but prefer doing sc in the ch space (not each chain), which most patterns say to do. This tightens up the chain to make it more taut. It really depends on the look you like the best.

Hope this answers your question. Chris

• gb2115
    edited May 2022

Chris, thank you!!

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2022

Hi dear friends.

Chris I am glad you were able to help GB out with her crocheting. Were you able to get a dose reduction? I sure hope so and that you are feeling better.

I have spent quite a few hours in the woods the last few days photographing the Virginia Bluebells. I went out tonight again but my hoped for photo just never materialized. I was trying to get a deer among the Bluebells but the one deer I saw was just too evasive.

Take care dear sisters. I only have two PT sessions to go and it is definitely helping.

Love,

Nancy

• sunshine99
    edited May 2022

Nancy, that's beautiful, even if it wasn't your hoped-for shot.

Carol

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2022

Thanks Carol. I took shot that on a different day where I was quite happy with things that evening. That shot is one I am going to make a greeting card from. I tried to post another pic but BCO didn't let me for whatever reason. I was telling my PT therapist about that adventure in the woods. I was walking along on the trail in the woods and I heard this strange sound behind me which I knew was not your typical nature sound. I turned around to see this man operating a battery operated truck. I stopped and talked to him for a little while. He said it was his walking buddy. He showed me his brand new phone that I had actually been looking at for myself and then he showed me this gorgeous shot of this deer among the bluebells that he had taken with his phone. It was his shot that gave me inspiration to go back the next night (yesterday) and see if I could get a similar shot. No luck. Then the words of a neighbor and my therapist started ringing in my ear. They were afraid for me going into the woods by myself. My therapist said at least tell someone where you are going which I never do. So I started getting a bit nervous since I don't usually go into the woods in the evenings. So I was hot and tired and decided to give up on the deer. When I got to my car who did I see just coming. This same guy, now with his wife and his walking buddy as he called it..........his mechanical truck. I had to laugh. Then I realized instead of leaving I should have been coming. There was surely going to be some deer to see but my practical side took over. Too dangerous for me at least for that night. I was just remembering you mentioning your 34th anniversary earlier. When is that approaching? Before the BCO update I could have easily gone back to find it but now it is a different story. I hope you are doing well and have figured out a solution to your hip pain.

I am praying for all of you dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

Phil. 4:4-9

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2022

Well see if this photo gets to stay. With my mirrorless camera my files are so huge I can't get the file much smaller using my normal means. These Bluebells in the woods for as far as the eye can see is truly like walking into a magical kingdom.

I've resized several times. Let's see if this will stay.

• intolight
    edited May 2022

Nancy, your bluebell shot is beautiful. I love all the intracies and colors of God's beautiful world. I am also thankful your PT is working for you. And I agree, please tell someone when you are going off into the woods by yourself.

I felt better today and was able to actually put my bathroom together plus do some other little things. I still had to sit down between tasks, but it felt good to be able to do that. My husband is having a bad time--I think doing it all himself is getting to him and the little things are building up so I appreciate some prayer for him. Perhaps that is why God gave me a good day. I actually feel hopeful that maybe I can get everything done that has to be done in three more weeks. I see my oncologist tomorrow and will discuss my dosage needs with her then.

Take care dear friends. May God overflow your world with many blessings. Chris

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2022

Chris, I am SO glad to hear you felt better today. I have prayed a lot that things would fall into place before your guests come in for your big anniversary celebration. The fact that you haven't had a dose reduction yet feels like good news. Hopefully with a reduction you will feel even better. I do hope this continues. I will pray for your DH. I don't think I realized how much my bc affected my family until I was in the thick of it all. I can certainly imagine that your DH trying to do it all now has been overwhelming. I will definitely pray for him. When you think of this whole year for your family it has been a huge amount of big changes which usually means big stressors. I am amazed at all of you keeping it together under enormous pressure.

I wanted to share this pic so bad but it is not meant to be yet. It is a big field of bluebells. I did send a PM to the moderators to ask what I have to change to be able to display it. Yes, God's creation is a truly magnificent gift for all of us to enjoy.

Have a good night dear sisters.

Love,

Nancy

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2022

• zjrosenthal
    edited May 2022

I am still waiting for a prescription to be sent for my Lymphedema treatment. Please pray for it to be sent soon. It has been nearly a month of jumping through hoops to get this done.

• intolight
    edited May 2022

Jean, praying for a quick resolution to your prescription problem. It seems like it is getting harder than before to get medical help especially when it involves insurance issues.

I am also praying for ladies on this site to have a good week. May God shower you al with His many blessings.

• zjrosenthal
    edited May 2022

Thanks for prayers A prescription was finally sent. It will now take 1-3 days for the PT to check the prescription then a call from them to check my insurance and finally they will call me to schedule an appointment! Medical care sure is a mess these days!

• bandwoman1234
    edited May 2022

Jean, I did see your post but I have been gone a good part of the day and didn't have a chance to post but I did pray for you regarding getting treatment for your LE asap. I am glad to hear that a prescription was finally sent. Praying it will all work out so you can start treatment very soon.

Chris, how are you doing? Have you had more days of feeling improvement?

Have a good night everyone.

Love,

Nancy

• zjrosenthal
    edited May 2022

thanks Nancy. They're supposed to call and set up appointments by the end of the week.

• intolight
    edited May 2022

Nancy, I am still struggling with diarrhea. My oncologist is keeping tabs and I can control it if I need to. I try not to overdo the Imodium as it sends me the other direction. Today and yesterday were not good days. I will be thankful when the house is done so I can rest. I try to just sit on these days but I don't tolerate the mess well and keep getting up. I want everything in its place... I think if I could feel well and have one full day of energy I could get it all done. But that is not going to happen. I am not a good patient!

My cousin has pancreatic cancer and just came out of a three-day coma. She was diagnosed last summer and her daughter is expecting her first baby. I am praying she lives long enough to see it. The baby is due in two months and I pray this is God's will that she live long enough to meet her first grandchild. This has been weighing heavy on my heart.

Jean, I am praying for you every day.