Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited November 2012

Dear Rocket!! My cholesterol also skyrocketed on aromasin. Yikes!! I have been taking apple cider vinegar, honey, garlic, cinnamon and turmeric. It is helping, I think!!!! This thread is amazing and it is so wonderful to see new friends!!! May you all have a very blessed day!!!!!

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited November 2012

I have an onc appt. this afternoon with my new onc here in Boone. I like her, but appointments always make me so nervous. Please pray that all would go well. I also have my foot surgeon appt. on Friday this week and next week see my old onc., a new breast surgeon who took over from my previous one, and then my PCP. I am a bit overwhelmed with doctors! I'm always afraid they will find some abnormality with my labwork or want to do some other type of tests. Please just pray for peace for me and wisdom about the foot surgery decision. Thanks Ladies!

• fondak
    fondak Member Posts: 271
    edited November 2012

Hi Rocket,

I am just reading you post.  How did your appointment go today?  I will be praying for your upcoming appointments and the decision you are facing with your foot surgery.  When will you have to decide?

I hope you rest well tonight!

• Kindergarten
    edited November 2012

Dearest Rocket, I am also just reading your post and lifted you up in prayer. Please let us know how everything went. God bless you, Kathy

• Rocket
    edited November 2012

Onc appointment went okay.  I had to ask for a gown.  This onc never offers one.  Good grief!  I don't feel comfortable sitting there half-naked while she's talking with me.  She did labwork and I will know the results in a few days. I have another onc appointment next week with my previous onc.  She is a bit more thorough.  I feel more comfortable with my previous one, but will continue to see this one periodically because she is here in Boone.

Please continue to pray that my appointment with the foot surgeon this Friday will give me clear guidance as to whether to have the foot surgery or not.  I need to make a decision, but I'm worried about my bone loss and being laid up too long.

Thank you so much Ladies!  You are just the best!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 942
    edited November 2012

Rocket...I'm praying for you!

Please pray for me too. My DH is still looking for work, and I have bone scan & 2 ct scans next Wednsday to make sure cancer hasn't spread beyond nodes before I start treatment.

Blessings

Paula

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited November 2012

Rocket, I'm thinking of you and praying your decision will be clear. And for the lab work, too.

I am finally healed up enough from rads to start chemo again on Friday but I am also waiting for skin biopsy results. Yikes! Just when I am done with nonstick bandages on my foob, I have five more. Husband is applying to jobs and has decided to form his own marketing consultancy company. There is no security working for a company, so might as well try it.

I am purposing to be more thankful to God for who He is and all He does and continues to do. He is good. I am hoping it will translate into a good night's sleep and less worry.

• Jeannie57
    edited November 2012

Paula, I will be praying for clear scans and a job for your DH, too.

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2012

Thanks Jeannie, and blessings on your husbands new company.

Blessings

Paula

• Kindergarten
    edited November 2012

Dearest Rocket, Jeannie and Paula, I just lifted you all up in prayer asking Our Lord to walk through your homes and relieve all of you from stress and worry and to lay His Healing Hands on you all!!! I am so sorry that you are all going through challenging times right now. I do know that He cares and He will not leave you! Your prayers will be answered. Lots of Love, Kathy

• Rocket
    edited November 2012

Jeannie and Paula,

My problems pale in comparison to yours. Both my DH and I are praying for you. You both have such strong spirits. I tend to just whine! I'm so thankful for the Godly example you set.

Kathy, dear friend, what would we ever do without your gentle encouragement? God has certainly gifted you with such a sweet spirit. Thank you for your prayers and your kindness.

Jo, if you are reading this, I'm lifting you and your hubby in prayer right now too.

Love all you ladies!

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2012

Rocket you have been through so much! Your problems are just as important as ours! Remember God told us to bring ALL our cares & anxieties to him, for he cares for us.

Thanks to all for your prayers, my DH starts a new job on second shift tomorrow. It doesn't pay much yet, but is temp to hire. I'm praying for that HIRE!

Blessings

Paula

• Rocket
    edited November 2012

Praise the Lord! That's great news Paula. We will pray that he gets hired on permanently. Hang in there Girl!

• Kindergarten
    edited November 2012

Praise the Lord, Paula!!!!! Rocket, you say the kindest things and you are all my role models for kindness, courage and strength!!!! Love you all!! Truly, there is another side of me, he,he,he!!!Wink

• Kindergarten
    edited November 2012

Dear Jo-5, I will be lifting you and your dear hubby up in prayer daily. So sorry that he is in so much pain, any way surgery could be sooner than later? Don't lose too much weight!!!!

• Rocket
    edited November 2012

Praying for you all! Boy this bunch sure is going through a lot of stuff. I love you gals and am keeping you in my daily prayers. Keep us posted. Jo your cholesterol is only a little worse than mine. My total was 240, but my good cholesterol number was high, so I don't need meds yet. I am concerned about the osteopenia however. No meds for that yet either, but I'm not too hopeful that I won't develop osteoporosis. I really don't want to take the meds either. Ah well, breast cancer, the gift that keeps on giving. Take care Ladies.

• Rocket
    edited November 2012

Well my foot surgeon really feels that I need to have surgery on my right foot. He also said that I have a stress fracture in my left ankle. He is concerned about prolonging surgery due to the fact that I already have osteopenia. He said if that progresses before I have surgery, it would make it more difficult or impossible to have later. I will be laid up for at least six weeks non-weight bearing. Not what I wanted to hear! UGH! Surgery is scheduled for Dec. 19th. Please keep me in prayer. Thanks Ladies!

• Rocket
    edited November 2012

Thanks Jo, and you are right, we did pray for a definitive answer and God has provided that. I'll get through it like always. I too am looking forward to a peaceful Christmas. Bless you my friend!

• Kindergarten
    edited November 2012

Dearest Rocket, So sorry to hear that you will have more surgery. I will lift you up in prayer daily. This will be a time to rest and heal, and you know as we age, time does fly, he,he,he!!! Joking aside, I wish I could bring you chicken soup and movies to watch. Can you use a foot walker, is that what they call it, to get around. I don't know the exact name of it, but my friend used one to get around post surgery. It looks like a scooter and you put your knee on it. You are such a sweet, you handle everything with such grace and I am sure a beautiful smile. God bless you, Kathy

• Rocket
    edited November 2012

I will be able to use a knee walker. I'm dreading it so much. The last one I had was so painful. I also dread being laid up, but I guess at least it will be winter so hopefully by spring I will be up and around. Thanks so much for the prayers. I need it.

• Kindergarten
    edited November 2012

Great tip, Jo-5!!!!!

• Jeannie57
    edited November 2012

Oh, Rocket, I'm sorry about your surgery. You've been through so much but you keep going with grace and faith. I hope it helps to know that we will be praying for you, both for physical safety and healing and for your spirits, as well.

First chemo was again today. It was fine but I've been urinating every half hour since which is a little worrisome with the bladder issues last time. I've really pushed the liquids, but still. I was hoping I could take cranberry capsules but the pharmacist told me today that cranberry is high in antioxidants which interferes with chemotherapy, as does pomegranite and grapefruit juice. Glad I asked! If I'm taking chemo, I want it to work!

DH had good interviews this week at the company that just laid him off! It's a big company. The interviews next week are being "fast-tracked," which is a very good sign. I laugh every time I think about it! God is so good, regardless, but He is full of surprises, too. DH's last day at work was just today. He could come out of it with a mostly unused layoff package which would really help our depleted savings, and seamless health insurance coverage! We have learned to temper our hopes regarding possible employment, but this has been a good boost to our spirits. I appreciate your prayers.

• Kindergarten
    edited November 2012

Dear Jeanne! I am lifting you up in prayer that this last round of chemo is kind to you! Is this this your last round??? I hope your bladder issues resolve ! You as we'll handle everything with such grace and strength!! Great and positive news about yout your husband! God is so good!!!!! But you both have been such faithful servants, He is listening and your prayers are being answered!!! Love to you all, and have a very blessed weekend!!! Kathy

• Rocket
    edited November 2012

Praying for you Jeannie! Thank you for the prayers. I will continue to pray for you all.

I used one of the knee walkers last time I had surgery on my other foot after falling three times on crutches. I'm such a klutz! Glad I was able to get the knee walker. Now I have to go search for another one as you rent them rather than purchase them.

Hang in there ladies! We're all going to get through this!

• Kindergarten
    edited November 2012

Oh, my goodness, I am such a dufus, not a foot walker, a knee walker!! Hope it works well again for you!! Blessings, Kathy

• Kindergarten
    edited November 2012

Hope everyone had a very Blessed Thanksgiving!!! Jo-5, prayers are being said daily for your dear hubby's surgery. May I also put him on our prayer list at church?

• Rocket
    edited November 2012

I saw my PCP this past week, the day before Thanksgiving, and asked him about the foot surgery. He concurred with my foot surgeon that I should indeed have the surgery and not put it off. I'm still very nervous about it. I'm concerned about developing RSD in my foot. I developed it in my left foot after that surgery, and after several long months the pain diminished. I have RSD in my right (dominant) hand and the pain is still there. I also have bad knees so using the knee scooter will prove more challenging. I can't use crutches due to my arm pain and nerve damage, along with LE. Please pray for me that I wouldn't develop RSD after this surgery. It can be excruciating. Please also pray for a quick recovery with no infection.

Praying for you Jo and your DH, Dan. I'm sure yu are both ready for it to be over. Dan and I will be recovering together. I will continue to pray for him and for you as well.

I hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving. I caught a stomach virus and unfortunately it was on Thanksgiving. Feeling better now though.

• Kindergarten
    edited November 2012

Dearest Rocket, When is the date of your surgery and may I please put you on our prayer list at church. I know you must be anxious about this whole ordeal. Prayers for peace and strength are coming your way. Sorry also about your yucky stomach virus. Fortunately, Our Lord says only 24 hours for this icky virus. Blessings, Kathy

• ALLYSONPTL
    ALLYSONPTL Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2012

I was diagnosed last month and start TCH chemo this Friday. I've been praying for strength, a good response and guidance to follow the Lord's path for me and my family during this cancer treatment.  Yet, I still find myself feeling anxious and my blood pressure has shot up over the last couple weeks.  So, if I trust Christ, in my mind; why am I anxious with high blood pressure?  Curious how others are maintaining their faith during this kind of trial.

• [Deleted User]
    edited November 2012

Jo-5~That was so beautifully said!

Rocket~you are absolutely in my prayers, and if its ok with you and Jo-5 I'll share about your's & Jo's DH's upcoming surgeries with my prayer partner.

Allyson~I had scans last week to see if cancer had spread beyond the lymph nodes. I know that I was healed on a Friday over 2000 years ago, but I still had moments of fear. When I struggle like that, I tell The Lord, " I believe, but help me where I may have doubt." Like the man in Luke chapter 9.

Anyway on Friday last week I was struggling over what the scans might show, and the Holy Spirit asked me, " is it harder for me to heal stage IV cancer than to heal stage 0? Were you not healed by my wounds?"

I was at complete peace after that, and today I found out the scans were all clear. Praise Jesus!!!!

I'm having an MRI on Thursday because there was a bit of activity on my shoulder. I've had bursitis there before, and I'm certain that's what they saw, but regardless of what is found, I have every confidence in my Lord.

Thank you all so much for being here, and for your prayers.

Allyson I'll be praying for you too.

Blessings

Paula