Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited December 2012

Praising God for that wonderful report Mini. Woo Hoo awesome news!

Jo, lifting Dan in prayer right now along with you Dear Friend! I'm praying specifically for relief from pain and no complications.

Jeannie, praying for you too dear as I remember the brain fog from chemo. I put the peanut butter in the fridge and would leave things all over the house in the wrong place. You will recover from this, but it will take time. Hang in there! We're right here with you.

Thank you all for your prayers for me and my family. Gary, my brother-in-law that had the bypass is finally at home and doing pretty well. He is following doctor's orders so that's good. My husband's brother's body will be cremated and flown to Maine for a funeral. The burial will be in the spring as the ground is frozen now. My DH may fly to Maine for the funeral depending on the date. They are trying to schedule it far enough out from my surgery so that he can attend and leave me with my sister in NC. It has been a tough year for us. My sister died in August on my birthday at age 62 and now my husband's brother at age 57. Sometimes I confess I truly don't understand God's timing, but I know that He is in control and will give us more grace during trials. He also provides wonderful Godly Christians who pray for us and lift us up. Thank you all so much for serving Him and us in this way by your prayers and kind words. You minister so lovingly and we take great comfort in your care.

I pray you all have a blessed evening.

• Rocket
    edited December 2012

Great news Jo! Hang in there and get some rest now. Loving you....

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited December 2012

Thank you, Jesus for Mini1' good report and for Dan's successful surgery.Mini, may a sense of calmness and peace come over you, knowing you are fine. God bless you!!!! Dan, prayers are coming for healing and minimal pain. JO-5, I certainly would want you as my caregiver, you are an amazing woman.Rocket, you have had so much on your plate, Our Lord is so proud of your strength and endurance during these trials. I am in awe of how you handle everything with such grace and you never stop caring about us!!!! Love to you all, Kathy

• susan3
    susan3 Member Posts: 2,631
    edited December 2012

I came across this verse today

Though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vine; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord!!! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!!! The sovereign Lord is my strength!!! He makes me surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights.  Habakkuk 3:17-19

Hugs to all. Praise for all the good news and prayers lifted up to everyone.

I hope everyone finds joy in this Christmas season!!!

Susan

• Kindergarten
    edited December 2012

Dear Susan, I sure needed to read this verse tonight, with so much going on here!!!! Thank you so much for sharing. I grew up in Joliet, IL. We just moved here last year from Chesterton, IN. God bless you and all the wonderful women here!!!

• Rocket
    edited December 2012

That is a beautiful passage and if I am not mistaken, the inspiration for the book titled Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I read it many years ago and it has left a lasting impression.

I am laying awake as I'm in pain. My bones just seem to ache, especially my knee and thigh. I will be so glad to get my foot surgery behind me and focus on healing.

• susan3
    susan3 Member Posts: 2,631
    edited December 2012

rocket, i am sure you told us the date, but i forgot. can you let me know surgery date so i will put it in my calendar and lift you up all day :)

susan

• Rocket
    edited December 2012

Yea, it's December 19th. Thank you so much for praying. My bones have osteopenia, so my doctor is concerned enough that he doesn't want to put off the surgery. Please pray that my foot will heal quickly and without complication. Please also pray for pain relief without resulting nerve pain. I had that with my last foot surgery and it was excruciating. Thanks again, all prayers are welcome!

• Rocket
    edited December 2012

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith—the salvation of your souls.

-1 Peter 1:3-9 (NKJV)

• dechi
    dechi Member Posts: 110
    edited December 2012

Hi Ladies,

This fed my soul today and I hope it will do the same for you!    Mary Did You Know

• Kindergarten
    edited December 2012

Thank you, Rocket and dechi!!!! Blessings!!!

• Rocket
    edited December 2012

On our way to eastern NC. Our car is packed to the hilt. Four dogs are crammed into the back seat. Poor Baxter, Murray sucks up all the room - just like kids!

• Kindergarten
    edited December 2012

Safe travel, Rocket and family and doggies. Blessings!!!!

• fondak
    fondak Member Posts: 271
    edited December 2012

It is so wonderful to be able to come here and be encouraged as I am.  Rocket, I am so blessed to see Christ is alive within you as you display His love and grace in your life. 

Jo5 I'm glad your husband's surgery went well.

If you all will please pray for me.  I feel rather silly with even mentioning it but I am becoming a bit anxious and I could use support.  The shin of my left leg would ramdonly wake me up at night with pain a few weeks ago.  Now my hip on the same side has given me a lot of pain hurting when I wake up and throughout the day.  This is the 5th day.  Also, this week the pain in my shin has returned ramdonly.  I was tested for rhematoid arthritis a month ago not because of pain but because my bloodwork showed high inflammation so it's not that.  Also, the pain from the aromasin has improved and not been like this in my hip and shin.  So, you all know what I'm wondering.  My 3 month appointment was changed because of the nurse practioner I was going to see had to have surgery.  I should have went last week but am going the 26th to the MO.

Thank you Susan and Rocket for the scripture you shared and Dechi I always find Mary Did You Know a blessing.  It makes me think of what it would have been like to see Him grow up to His time on the cross and how He even ministered there to the theif who had been mocking Him and also thinking of His mother.  How He could continue ministering in such agony amazes me in itself.

To all you sweet ladies here.....I'm so thankful for each of you and have you in my prayers.

• Rocket
    edited December 2012

Praying Fondak! The agony of having to wait for your appointment is awful. I am going to pray that the pain leaves your body and that you will get a good report from the doctor. I'll also be praying for His peace while you wait.

Jo, praying for Dan and hope he is recovering more and more each day. I hope you are getting some rest too.

Kathy, you are the sweetest thing! I just love your encouragement. Honestly I think you could encourage an ostrich's head right out of the sand! I'll be thinking of you holding little Lilly while I'm holding little Erin.

Blessings to all you ladies today!

• Kindergarten
    edited December 2012

Dear Fondak! I am lifting you up in prayer right now for just normal aches and pains! I am also on aromasin and I ave experienced the same aches and pains! Try not to worry, it will be OK!!!!! Rocket, you are the sweet one, and you exhibit the light of Jesus daily!!! Blessings to everyone here for a beautiful weekend!!!

• fondak
    edited December 2012

Thank you so much Rocket and Kindergarten.  It is a blessing beyond words to be able to share concerns with those who first of all understand and most of all have the same Father to pray to for you.  I have already been encouraged today just knowing this.

Sounds like there's going to be some happy little grandbabies.  I have been so burdened today for those who lost their children and grandchildren.  It's easy to forget just how much we have.

Love you all!

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited December 2012

Puts it all in persective, doesn't it?

• Rocket
    edited December 2012

My heart just aches for those families!

• Kindergarten
    edited December 2012

Hi, wonderful Ladies!! I am still in shock over this terrible tragedy!! I taught Kindergarten in a wonderful Christian School in Pittsburgh and felt so safe and secure. This is so hard for me to comprehend, but I know God is in Control!!

• Rocket
    edited December 2012

Thanks Jo. So glad that Dan has turned the corner. I am continuing to lift you both in prayer. My DH made it safely to SC. Please pray he makes it back safely on Tuesday before my surgery.

I so appreciate everyone's prayers. Love to you all.

• Unknown
    edited December 2012

Good morning ladies.  I have been reading your thread for a while and I love the sisterhood and sweet spirit.  Would it be okay if I joined your thread?

I'm very excited, this week I found an online women's Bible study that is going to be using the Experiencing God series.  It starts in January.  Isn't it amazing that we now have these resources available for those who work, have full family responsibilities and can do these online now.  It's a nice supplement to the local church role.

• Kindergarten
    edited December 2012

Jo-5, continued prayers for healing for your husband and for you for strength and rest. Rocket, tomorrow is your surgery!!! You are surrounded in prayer. Please let us know as soon as you can how it all went. AlwaysHope, Good morning and Welcome to this wonderful thread. I am so glad you joined us. How wonderful to join an online Bible Study. Have a wonderful day!! Kathy

• fondak
    edited December 2012

Jo5  So glad your husband is beginning to improve.  I'm praying for the two of you.  Rocket I will certainly be praying for you tomorrow as well.  I will be glad when you don't have to dread this any longer and so hopeful you will be amazed at how much better you will eventually feel.  Alwayshope It's so nice to read your post. I too am so thankful for all the resources available online.  I am going through Mark right now and I've learned so much that I never knew from just reading on my own.  I love finding a good teacher who knows the history, Greek and Hebrew and teaches each verse.  I was never around that growing up.  Your excitement for you bible study is encouraging!

Kindergarten Thanks for your post about the aromasin and your prayers.  How long have you been on it?  I ended up calling my Onc today and my appointment has been moved up to tomorrow.  I also have had pain with my lymph nodes under my chin and then in my neck without a sore throat or anything.  This morning I woke up with that side of my face swollen and it's all on the side of my surgery.  I will be glad to have this appointment over with.

Now I know where your name Kindergarten comes from.  I bet you were one of those teachers that kids never forget for all the right reasons. 

Love you all!

• Kindergarten
    edited December 2012

Dearest Fondak, Your posts are always so kind and encouraging. I am so glad that you are getting in to see your onc tomorrow.  I have been on aromasin for 7 years now, with 3 more to go. These aromotose inhibitors cause many side effects, so don't worry. Your onc may even switch you to another one. Prayers are coming for your onc's discernment as to how to deal with your side effects.Please let us know how everything goes tomorrow. You are such a wonderful faithful and encouraging servant for Our Lord. Everything will work out. May your day be filled with peace and rest. Kathy

• Rocket
    edited December 2012

Welcome Alwayshope! It's great to have another wonderful sister join our thread! You will find a lot of encouragement here with these fabulous ladies!

Hey Jo, Kathy, Fondak, thank you all so much for your encouraging prayers. I certainly need them! My DH arrived home safely this evening. I was so happy to see him! My surgery is scheduled for 7:15 am tomorrow morning. I'm the first one. That will give me more time to recover from the anesthesia (general). It takes me forever to come out of it. Please pray I don't throw up. I don't do well with anesthesia either. I so appreciate you ladies! I'll try to let you know how I am as soon as I am able. Thanks again. Love you all!

• Kindergarten
    edited December 2012

Hi, Jo-5, I am so glad hubby is recovering well!! Taking pepcid must have something to with digestive issues after surgery, not sure? but so glad it worked!!! I really hope we hear soon from Rocket!!!!

• Rocket
    edited December 2012

Hi Ladies,

I just woke up from a nap. I got home at about 1 pm. Both feet are heavily bandaged.the surgeon removed the screw from my left foot, but I can bear weight on it. The right foot is still a bit numb so not in too much pain yet. Brain is still really foggy from anesthesia.please continue to pray for no nerve pain to develop and quick healing.

I'm catching myself falling asleep again, but just wanted to check in. Hope you are all well.glad to hear Dan is doing well.

Until later....

• Kindergarten
    edited December 2012

Dear Rocket,You are too sweet to let us all know that you are OK!! God bless you!!! Now, Rest and get better!!!!! Blessings, Kathy

• fondak
    edited December 2012

Rocket  It was such a nice surprise to see your post today!  I wasn't expecting but so thankful.  I was praying for you this morning and while I was waiting on the doctor to come in at my appointment.

Jo5  I'm was so glad to see your post too and I'm right there with you on needing to get going on Christmas.  I am so behind.

I am so excited and thankful!  I have a viral infection! I was concerned when my lymph nodes in my neck were swollen on the same side as where the cancer was found without a sore throat.  Then when I called they told me to come in the next day instead of waiting until the 26th! 

She explained that the lymph nodes swelled as a response to the ulcer in my mouth.  I thought they were swollen under my chin a week before and it was like she read my mind and told me the ulcer was brewing a long time before it became inflamed.  It's so bad the right side of my face is swollen and I'm just as happy as I can be about it!  It also explains why I've been so tired.  We don't even have our tree up yet!

Kindergarten The doctor asked about any pain I've been having a I told her about my hip which is improving.  She said exactly what you told me about the pain from aromasin moving around from one place to another.  I thought about you and how much you had already helped me with that information.  Thanks and thanks so much for your prayers!

Alwayshope  Is your bible study with your church or is it for anyone?

Jeannine:  Praying for you and your husband job situtation.

Mini and Susan3, Hope you two are having a good week. 

Love and prayers for you all!