Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

thread for middle age to older Christian women.

Comments

• fondak
    fondak Member Posts: 271
    edited March 2013

I will post more later.  I have got to head to bed.  No wonder I'm so tired.  I just looked at the clock and its almost 1:45.

Rocket I'm beyond so very glad you're improving!  Jo5, Patoo, Kindergarten, Mini, CCFW Love you all and have you all in my prayers.

Goodnight

• Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Member Posts: 2,883
    edited March 2013

Dear bestock, Prayers are coming for a solution for the financial and insurance issues. You certainly do not need this added stress, but Our Lord is right beside you and handling this situation. Yes, there are many threads on this board that can help. You are such a faithful servant, help is coming. God bless you!!!

Dear Fondak, so good to see you here and sorry about your computer issues, hopefully they will resolve soon.

Dear ChristineO, Please know that you are covered in prayer and please keep us posted. Love and Hugs to all here!!!

• Jeannie57
    Jeannie57 Member Posts: 1,314
    edited March 2013

Hi, all,

I just wanted to say that I am feeling better and better. That fuzzy-head feeling from the pneumonia is gone and I can take a shower without passing out. I walked 1.5 miles at the mall yesterday (it was raining outside) and didn't even use my inhaler. Thank you, God.

Dear Bestock, you are in my prayers! Your strength and comfort is in the Lord. Isn't it great that He will never let go of your hand? I know you face some hard things and it might not be easy. We care about you here and you have lots of support. You are not alone. My husband is unemployed and I'm not working so I certainly understand financial pressure. Please, God, provide the funds needed for her treatment!

I pray for the rest of you as I read because I am not nearly organized enough to get all your names and prayer requests on here.

I do want to thank Fondak for your thoughtful posts. Rocket, go get 'em on that bike! Praying for lower cholesterol. Christine, checking your sentinel nodes is important. It does put you at risk of lymphedema, though, just FYI. The benefit outweighs the risk. Praying for the rest of you and sending warm (((hugs))).

• Jeannie57
    edited March 2013

Oh, yeah! Hubby has important job interview from 2:30-5 Pacific time this afternoon. Prayers are appreciated!

• bestock
    bestock Member Posts: 186
    edited March 2013

My husband is so level headed, he knows we will have enough money (walking by faith) he works, but a couple of yrs ago we had to short sale our home and live in large apt now. He had been in construction but the mkt was not good in 2008-2011 here.

Also I have been  working parttime, now will cut down but hope I still can as I get into chemo routine.

We have good ins but huge deductable( I had so many claims from ovarian cancer aand two bouts with BC, the premiums are high too)

I am off to chemo Thanks all for praying !!What a blessing to connect with all of you...God Bless!!!

• Kindergarten
    edited March 2013

Jeannie, I just looked at my clock, and I am lifting you dear hubby up in prayer right now!! May his interview be golden!!! I am so glad that you are feeling better!!!!

Bestock, May your blessings flow, both financially and medically!!! May your chemo be easy on you!! Lots of hugs and love!!!!

Yes, Rocket, you go girl on that bike!!!!

• Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited March 2013

Christine - There is one piece of advice that I give anyone now that asks and it is this- unless you are a very late stage, take some time for the shock to wear off and research your options and pray. There are some things I would have done differently, but I just kind of went along in shock with the status quo. My CA had been growing for 5-7 years; a few more weeks wouldn't have made that much difference. I likely would have made some of the same decisions, but I would have felt more confident in doing so. Don't be afraid of exploring your options. Thre are no clear cut answers for most of us, but we can pray and seek His assurance in those we do.

• fondak
    edited March 2013

Bestock,

Praying all went well for you today and praying for your financial situation as well.  It is wonderful to hear how your husband handling the concerns.  He wasn't alone in the real estate market crash.  Everyone in construction was impacted in some way by that from plumbers to heat and air, and so on.

Jeannie,

I am so thankful to see your post!  So glad you feel better....I just thank God for that blessing today!  Good for you not letting the rain stop you from walking.  I'm also praying for your husband's job search and praying also that God will give him some little source of encouragement along the way just as a reminder of His goodness as your husband goes through this process.  You feeling better is probably just that as well!  So glad to hear it.

Rocket,

Hope you are still feeling better.  I'm praying for your numbers too.  I know it's scary with your history. 

If yall will, please pray that I would be disiplined and get all the weight off that I've gained since I started all this.  Every time I have went to the doctor I've gained a little more and it has added up to 36 lbs.!  The doctor always tells me not to worry about it and the nurse even said this is one place that we are happy to see you gain! 

I listened to a webinar yesterday....my first ever....and it explained what all was goes on with you body over the course of treatment and all that causes the weight gain.  It was so encouraging and I feel hopeful I can get it off.  It has been so different than ever before as I use to just cut back on stuff I shouldn't be eating anyway or at least the amount and I could lose but not these days.  So that's something I'm going to be working on....I realized the risk of recurrance increasing with the extra weight too.

Kindergarten,  Thanks for the well wishes with the computer.  I figured out that I keep accidentally leaving my finger on the little pad where you move the mouse and it will change things and also I hit some keys by mistake....most often the ctrl key and the back space which something I'm hitting sends me into the windows 8 part and I get lost and can't get back.  It's just an issue of getting use to it I guess.  I would have thought it would come with a book but not sure how much it would have helped anyway. lol  Hope you and your family are doing well. 

Well, goodnight ladies...love you all and have you in my prayers.

• Kindergarten
    edited March 2013

Dear fondak! I wish you many blessings, as you continue to always bless us with your kindness and prayers. I have always had a challenge with my weight. I actually lost some weight while on chemo, but then gained once I was off of it. It felt so good to eat again. When I turned 60 in January, I joined Weight Watchers and it has been a wonderful program for me. It is a lifestyle I can live with and there are many Christian women that go to the meetings and we encourage each other. I will pray for you as always, but your doctor's office is right, it is good just to see you and once things settle down, the weight loss will come. I am on another thread called Hi, My Name Is. It is under Let's Post our Daily Exercise!!! It is a wonderful thread where many wonderful ladies post about exercise, nutrition and recipes. Come join us, but in the meantime don't be so hard on yourself, you are such a faithful and wonderful servant. God bless you, Kathy

• CCFW
    CCFW Member Posts: 570
    edited February 2014

del

• Jeannie57
    edited March 2013

Woohoo! My husband, Tom, was offered the job of Director of Marketing today at a good company! He's only been off work a few months, long enough to take me to all my appointments and nurse me when I was sick, PTL, but it seems so much longer! I will miss him. It also looks like I will be covered by their insurance! It is a sunny day here for once, we saw a soaring bald eagle and I feel pretty good. I'm thankful for a happy day and I thank you for all of your prayers. I've always believed God is good, no matter what.

• fondak
    edited March 2013

Oh Jeannie.....I can't tell you how happy I am for you!  I noticed I was sitting hear clapping as I was reading your post.  If my sons walked in they would have thought I had lost it for sure.....Nope, actually they would probably know God's goodness was revealed in yet another way!

I'm so thankful...You're feeling better and now this!  I really was expecting that when I was hopeful God would send him so sort of encouragement!

Thank you for sharing this wonderful news....and tell your husband congratulations!

• fondak
    edited March 2013

Kindergarten,  Thank you for once again encouraging me!  You have been a constant source of inspiration for me and thank God for sending you my way!  I will find the board you are talking about.  I can use the support for sure.  I think it will also help with the weather changing.  It was beautiful here today.  I look forward to spring but one thing for sure now is I enjoy every season like never before!

Love you!

• bestock
    edited March 2013

Thanks to all for the prayers. I am so glad we have the Lord. I will rejoice with those who rejoice (today Jeannie) PTL and CCFW too.

Finances are okay for now, WE will make it by the Lord God's provision..

Chemo yesterday Abraxane, I feel pretty good, did a lot and now tired. have to get brain Embarassed MRI to see if mets are there too, so a little scary again. Next week I will get that and my weekly chemo again.

Bestock

• fondak
    edited March 2013

Bestock,

I too am so glad we have the Lord...I certainly will be in prayer to Him with your up coming MRI also.  I am thankful for your presence here on this board.  You can definitely see God working in your life through you trust and faith in Him and how you handle all that has just recently been coming your way.

I meant to ask you....how is your port doing?  Were they able to use it?

Love and prayers,

Fonda

• fondak
    edited March 2013

CCFW,  I am so thankful all that is working out.  It is enough stress to deal with just going through the treatments.  Where are you at now with how often you have to see the doctor? I am going every 3 months...I think for 2 years and then every 6 months.  It maybe longer with every 3months.  The two years may have been my mom's visits.  She was stage 0. I didn't know there was a stage 0 until she was diagnosed.  How are your stomach issues?

Thanks for your prayers!

• fondak
    edited March 2013

Rocket,

1. Did I see somewhere that you are biking?  Is it an exercise bike?  We have a biking trail here.  I would like to ride on it.  There are a couple of college girls that I meet with from our church and my previous church that want to ride with me.  I just need to get my strength built back up.
    2. Please just ignore these numbers.  I don't know where they came from and if I try to correct it I'll never get to bed...lol...oh my!
    3. I hope you are continuing to feel better.  This will be your first spring in your new home, right?  Oh, it will be beautiful.  I need to check and see when Easter is this year.  Will you get to spend time with Erin over Easter weekend?
    4. Hope you rest well.  Sorry this feels like I'm giving you a list.  I just wanted to check in with you and it seems I keep getting distracted by things.  Now it's too late for that with everything else and I this happen leaving me with this for a post!  Just know it comes with love and prayers and not a bunch of to do's!
  • Mini1
    Mini1 Member Posts: 1,309
    edited March 2013

Congrats Jeannie. That is wonderful news. Maybe god designed it so he could be there with you when you needed him most. So glad you are feeling better. God is so good.

• fondak
    edited March 2013

Here's my memory verse for the week.  I thought I would share it with all my sisters here!

James 1:2-4 

v2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,

v3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.

v4 And let endurance have it's perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete lacking nothing.

Love you all!

• bestock
    edited March 2013

Thanks for the scripture...fondak

On top of my dx, My son and DIL have separated too, I am so sad, they have been together 17 yrs and have a 4 yr old. Please pray, this is not right...

• fondak
    edited March 2013

Bestock,  I am so sorry to hear about your son's family and will be praying that things will work out and they will grow stronger through the process.  If you don't mind me asking, are they believers?  Thanks for sharing that so we can be praying with you.  Hope you rest well tonight.

• bestock
    edited March 2013

Fondak, thanks for prayers --they are believers but right now my Son is not serving the Lord, they were drifting for a year or two, did not go to church, so not being fed. They have been through a lot lost a 2  year old to a rare genetic disease (my heart broke too)Cry and had a still born girl who had the same disease, broken heart again,  and then had the miracle 4 year old beauty (in avatar) They have invested so much in the marriage, I pray and believe that the Lord will restore.

• Jeannie57
    edited March 2013

Oh, Bestock, I am sorry about your kids. They have been through so much. I know a little of what you feel as my daughter and son-in-law recently separated after seven years of marriage. So heartbreaking. God is working there, though, as my SIL is getting

Counseling and going to church, things I never thought he'd do. You are facing so much. Sometimes it's hard to see God in it but knowing He is right there with us is a reason to rejoice when it's hard to find another reason why. Praying for you

• Kindergarten
    edited March 2013

Dear bestock, you and your family are going through so much right now. Please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. We feel our children's pain as if it is our own. It is during these challenging times, that our Faith is tested, but in the end Our Lord is Working in our Lives and His Plans are greater than ours. May you all find peace and strength to see you all through this difficult time. God bless you!!!

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited March 2013

Bestock, I am so sorry for all you are enduring. I am praying about your MRI and your son and DIL. My heart just breaks for you and your family. God is at work, but it is, as Jeannie says, sometimes difficult to see Him in it. I will also pray that you and your family keenly feel His presence.

Jeannie, I rejoiced to see your post. Big congrats to your hubby! I praised God in church this morning for this answer to prayer.

Hey Fondak, I am riding an exercise bike at the gym. I hurt my bad foot again a couple of days ago in a fall when I stepped wrong. I am in pain, and we will be traveling to eastern NC to see my doctor who will x-ray it on Friday. Hopefully I will not have any major damage. I am back to limping again. I am also discouraged as a result. I feel like I won't be able to exercise much until I can get this foot healed up. The burning nerve pain continues as well. I would greatly appreciate continued prayer for healing.

We will be seeing Erin this week and I can't wait to hold her again. We Skyped with our DS today and talked to Erin. She is getting so big! She has six teeth already!

I hope all of you ladies have a blessed evening. Know that you are loved and prayed for.

• Kindergarten
    edited March 2013

Dear Jeannie57, Wow, how did I miss your post about your dear hubby. Praise the Lord, and Congratulations!!!!!! Prayer is so powerful. I am doing the happy dance for you both. Blessings, Kathy

• CCFW
    edited February 2014

del

• Kindergarten
    edited March 2013

Dear CCFW, great news!!! God Is Good!!! Rocket, you dear lady!! Prayers are coming your way, for healing of your foot and that the X-ray shows nothing too serious!!! You have had enough, and Our Dear Lord knows it as well! Seeing Erin, will be the medicine ever!!!! Let the Blessings flow for you!!!!

• CCFW
    edited February 2014

del

• Rocket
    Rocket Member Posts: 910
    edited March 2013

It indeed is all about Grace Jo, and I really need some right now. I am in the process of trying to move my mother to an assists living facility in Maine. It's in the town where I grew up and my mom was born. Three of my brothers still live there. We have known that Mom's money would run out in a few months and we needed to find another place for her, but the cost in NC is ridiculous. In Maine, she will qualify for financial assistance. Anyway, it is a HUGE undertaking and I'm the one responsible to do it all. My oldest sister will be accompanying me to fly Mom up there and both she and my mom are giving me a fit! Mom wants to move, but she is ready (in her mind) to go right now. I have to get all her clothing, bedding, etc. shipped up there. I have to arrange for doctor's orders and medication, furnishing her new apartment, buying plane tickets that don't involve an eight-hour travel time and so on. To complicate things more, my husband has a conference the week before I will need to leave for Maine, so he will be leaving me in Eastern NC to complete all the packing for Mom and preparing her for the trip. My sister is being picky about plane flights, and my mom is accusing me of not telling her anything, and I am ready to scream! When I get angry, I really get angry! I won't be seeing my husband for almost three weeks and I really don't need this stress. Please pray that this will all work out and that I won't suffer a nervous breakdown in the meantime. I want to just stay home and tell my sister to deal with it, but I won't. I'll do what needs to be done, but boy I can't wait until this is all sorted out. Thanks for letting me vent!