Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• DiV
    DiV Member Posts: 148
    edited January 2017

Hi ladies,

Today was a long day. Almost 7 hrs at treatment center. Treatment consisted of 45min pretreatment drugs, 1 hr liquids (due to potential kidney damage), 1 hr for cisplatine, 15 min flush, 1 hr etoposide, 1 hr liquids. At 1 p.m. i took my chemo iv down for radiation. Of course iv started beeping nurse gets is fixed then while getting radiation it started beeping again. Felt bad that the nurse had to keep coming to fix it. I took half a pain pill prior to radiation per Radiologist suggest cause of pain in scapula and shoulder from tumor pressing on nerve and not being able to raise arm up. Couldn't wait to be able to put my arms down when i was done. Anyways i feel ok so far just really tired. Tuesday- Friday i only get pretreatment drugs and only 1 chemo drug etoposide so will only be there 3 hrs.

Thank you ladies for all the well wishes and support and comments on my puppy Riley!

• Luvmydobies
    Luvmydobies Member Posts: 476
    edited January 2017

DiV, I'm sorry you had such a long day! I'm glad you let us know how it went. Hang in there and try to get some rest. Give Riley a hug and kiss!! Keep us posted! (((((HUGS))))

• gmmiph
    gmmiph Member Posts: 662
    edited January 2017

DiV,

Continue to stay strong. We are in your pocket.

imageimage

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited January 2017

DiV, you have to go daily for chemo? For how long?

• Nan812
    Nan812 Member Posts: 224
    edited January 2017

hello everyone,

I'm new to this site and was looking for a place to introduce myself, and in all honesty looking for a place to vent. I think I found my girls :)

Lovemyvisia your insight is spot on , it so fits how I feel but could never quite articulate.

Thank you all for your posts,

Nan

• DiV
    edited January 2017

lovemyvizsla hi! Yes i go for chemo everyday for 6 days. On day 1 (monday January 9) i had 2 drugs (cisplatine + etoposide) days 2-5 i have just etoposide and on 6th day (monday January 16th) i will have cisplatine that completes 1 cycle. On Tuesday January 17 i will get an injection. I then complete radiation (35 treatments) and do same chemo regimen again.

• DiV
    edited January 2017

luvmydobies i love animals! They are such a joy! When i was first diagnosed (june 17-2013) it was on my mom'sbirthday. After my mastectomy my mom took me to an SPCA and got me a puppy (Gracie) to keep me busy and my mind off of cancer. Gracie has been such a huge help in keeping me laughing! I wanted to get Gracie a playmate so my boyfriend got me Riley. You have 3 dobies? Wow! I always wanted a miniature dobie. Keep fighting the fight!

• DiV
    edited January 2017

gmmiph hi pictures are too cute! Made me smile!

Shopgal2 so happy your mammogram came back clear! Awesome!

Nan812 hi! So sorry you are here but welcome. The ladies here are wonderful, insightful and supportive.

• gmmiph
    edited January 2017

DiV,

You staying positive under such stressful rare condition is an inspiration for all of us. I really hope you get thru your journey with complete success and become one of the many BCO rockstars here. That will really be something awesome!

More prayers for you,

Gina

• gmmiph
    edited January 2017

Cocker Spaniel (Annie),

Hope you're ok.

• Batesburg
    Batesburg Member Posts: 114
    edited January 2017

Can't stop thinking about Annie.....Meadow, was she doing OK with tolerating her treatment when you last had interaction with her?

Certainly respect her and your privacy, though.

Prayers/good energy/acceptance/gratefulness for all of you here.

Janet

• Luvmydobies
    edited January 2017

Nan, welcome to the group! We are sorry for the reason you have to be here but you have found a great place! (((((HUGS)))))

I'm worried about Annie as well! Praying for her and everyone here!

DiV, Gracie and Riley are sooo cute and make a great pair! They should provide you some great entertainment to take your mind off things!! Haha!!! Yep we have 3 dobies and will always have at least one. My husband would like another rat terrier. So the idea is to eventually get one of those, and have one dobie. We had one rattle in the past but she passed from heart failure four years ago. She was our first dog as a married couple. My dobies adored her and were her protector. I want to clarify this and it's NOT to pick on you, but miniature pinschers aren't related to the Doberman. They have the same markings so it is a very common myth. We have a volunteer at a Doberman rescue where I volunteer who used to breed min pins and she said she preferred the dobies because they have a much milder temperament. Now this is just one person's opinion so take it for what you will. Doberman's have a bad rap but they aren't these vicious killers that society makes them out to be. There is bad in every breed but most of it truly is how they are raised. Anyway, I hope today goes smoothly for you! Let us know!

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited January 2017

Nan812...I wish I wasn't welcoming you to this site...but, unfortunately...here we are. This is a group of extraordinary women who are brave, strong, insightful, wise, compassionate, supportive, knowledgeable, caring and sometimes funny. Come join us....and rant away. We're all here for you

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited January 2017

Welcome Nan812, sorry you have to join us, but know we are here for you. I join others in saying DIV you are my hero. I follow your progress though i don't post often. I send gentle hugs your way.

I too am wondering about Annie. Hope things are as 'ok' as they can possibly be. She has supported so many.

Lovemy viz that quote is priceless.

• MomMom
    MomMom Member Posts: 334
    edited January 2017

Dear Ladies,

Want you to know that all of you are in my thoughts & prayers. Dear Annie, hope to hear from you very soon. You are such a sweet, funny, encouraging and inspiring lady, who is loved by all, and with good reason. May you be doing well.

DiV, you are another inspiring lady. Love your positive attitude. You are truly inspirational too!

Three years ago yesterday, when my breast surgeon told me I had triple negative bc, I had NO idea what that meant. But it quickly dawned on me that this was serious stuff, because she told me that I would be having chemo and rads in spite of my Stage 1 status. With the support of loving family, friends, and my special breast cancer angels - both on these threads and in "real life," good doctors & treatment, and last but by no means least - a strong faith, I did get through it. It may sound cliche, but I feel like what I've been through has made me kinder, stronger, more empathetic and more spiritual. I'll celebrate my 70th birthday in early March. I am beyond grateful for every single day I've had in these last 3 years including every day of treatment. Nothing will ever take that away. I move forward grateful for every day in the future - good or bad.

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited January 2017

MomMom...👍👍❤️

• lovesgreenthings
    lovesgreenthings Member Posts: 99
    edited January 2017

So very happy for you MomMom! Thanks for the inspiring post. I have a similar diagnosis and am just beginning the TN journey, but know that there will be angels appearing along the way to help keep me going, as you mentioned. The world is full of great people who are willing and able to help others.

Anne

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited January 2017

Bates, she was struggling. In true Annie form, she was worried about you all! My concern for her is deep and dark, especially since it's been so long without a word. "DEAR God, please wrap your arms around our dear friend Annie, give her healing, strength, peace." And please, if possible, update us Annie, or someone in your camp.

Nan, Welcome. We are here for you

• gmmiph
    edited January 2017

Meadow, Amen to your prayer for Annie!

I am also worried about her. The last time she posted, she was having difficulty taking her oral meds because of her mouthsores. I sensed that there's a bit of helplessness in her words but i may be wrong. I hope she's gone only for awhile to focus more on her fight. She told us her daughter might update us about her condition. I'm getting anxious. I'm praying for her.

- - -

Welcome Nan. Hope you find this thread comfy with all the nice ladies and gents here.

• gmmiph
    edited January 2017

Mommom,

You are an inspiration too!

• Mykiddies
    Mykiddies Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2017
    Hello all! I've been lurking on this forum for a while now and finally have enough courage to post. First I want to thank you all for sharing your stories the good the bad and the real. I'm struggling mentally. I'm a 39yr old African-American woman Braca 1 positive. I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer stage 2 in March 2016. My mom passed away at 32 yrs old 1986 and her sister passed away in 1999 at 37. I know how it feels to not have your mom growing up. The thought of possibly not seeing my children grow up is heartbreaking. I've been having right side pain and will get CT scan on Thursday. Of course I'm nervous. Trying my best to stay positive.
  • Shopgal2
    Shopgal2 Member Posts: 594
    edited January 2017

welcome nan and mykiddies. Nan I also was dx on my mom's bday. She had bc also and I held off telling her about me for a day as not to spoil her birthday. She passed in August from pneumonia and I miss her every day. I was lucky she got to see me thru all my treatments before she went.

Mykiddies so tough to have lost your mom so young and your sister. My heart goes out to you. My sis was my rock during treatment and took me to every chemo. She is my best friend. Know that we are here for you. In your pocket for your Ct scan.

Mom mom your words of encouragement are wonderful. You are right about being kinder and more patient. I see people have a short fuse and I stop and think why? This year I am definitely grateful every day. I try to find something good in every day. It may be a small thing but I stop to appreciate it

• anothernycgirl
    anothernycgirl Member Posts: 821
    edited January 2017

MomMom, - Good to 'hear' from you! Happy that you are well and enjoying!

Mykiddies, - Welcome to the wonderful group that none of us wanted to join, but are so lucky to have found. You havent listed your procedures/treatments, but keep in mind that your pain is most likely completely benign! I am so sorry that you lost your Mom and Aunt at such young ages, but medicine is improving every day, and you have to keep that in mind. Please keep us updated.

I join all here looking for a good update from Annie. i hope she was able to get help with her sore mouth/throat. There are solutions that help relieve the issues she was having!

BE WELL wishes to all here.

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited January 2017

MomMom thanks for checking in, you are an inspiration.

Mykiddies, we are here for you. Welcome, though it's a club no one wants to join.

• Luvmydobies
    edited January 2017

MomMom, thanks for checking in! I echo the other's in the fact you are an inspiration!

Meadow, my heart feels heavy for Annie also! I'm praying too!

Mykiddies, welcome! I'm deeply sorry to hear about your mom and sister. I'll be praying for you on Thursday for a clear CT Scan and for calmness. Scanxiety is hard! We will all be with you, holding your hand! (((((HUGS))))

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited January 2017

I haven't posted for a while. It took me some time to catch up on the thread and it's hard to remember what everyone said, so I will just say a big hello and welcome to everyone new. It's late here in Scotland and a storm is raging outside. I'm at a milestone today: it's been a year since I had my core biopsy. I didn't get my diagnosis until a Few days later but I vividly remember the faces of the nurses, and I could tell it was going to be bad news. I had been convinced that the lump would turn out to be nothing to worry about, and had breezed in to the hospital without a care, just to have it checked out for peace of mind. Well, that was a year ago, and I feel about ten years older, but maybe wiser and there have definitely been some positive things to come out of it, new friends, a dear puppy, better attitude and greater appreciation of the many little things that make life good.

Cocker darling I'm sending love to you and hope you are managing to keep on smiling and that the treatment is going well and side effects are not too uncomfortable

Lots of love to all my TN sisters. XX

• LoveMyVizsla
    LoveMyVizsla Member Posts: 526
    edited January 2017

Nan812, welcome and vent away! So sorry to read your stats. 😕 Hugs to you, new friend.

• Nan812
    Nan812 Member Posts: 224
    edited January 2017

thank you all for the warm welcome!

My next "routine" scan is on January 27 and as lovemydobies put it, I've got SCANXIETY...lol

I'll post when I hear....hopefully it won't be the other shoe (:

Keep shining bright

• trishyla
    trishyla Member Posts: 698
    edited January 2017

Mykiddies,

Welcome. How sad to lose your Mom and your aunt at such a young age. This disease sucks!

I'm sorry for the reason you are here, but here is a place of love and support and understanding. I lurked for a couple of months, learning more from these generous women than I have from any of my doctors or nurses. They may "know" cancer, but the women you meet here KNOW cancer and what it does to your body and soul and sense of self.

My children are grown and mostly self sufficient (youngest is a senior in college). I can't imagine facing this beast at such a young age, with children at home who still need you. I have a friend who is in the same boat. She's 43, diagnosed two years ago when her only child was a few months old. I see her fear that she won't be there to see him grow up and it just breaks my heart.

I sincerely hope you have great love and support at home. But even if you don't, please know you have it here. We're all rooting for a clean scan on Thursday.

Trish

• DiV
    edited January 2017

Hi ladies, just an update on my treatment. Doing rads and chemo at the same time is rough. Can't even describe how tired i am, also have a queasy stomach. When i finish chemo monday tat will be 1 cycle then I get a break for 2 weeks. Start cycle 2 Feb 6. Stay stong ladies and fight and stay positive! So glad to have all of you for support. Your the best!