Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• Luvmydobies
    Luvmydobies Member Posts: 476
    edited January 2017

Thanks Valstim!! Thank you too Nan!! You are definitely an inspiration! Mets are always my biggest worry, as I'm sure it is to all of us, but Nan you've definitely beaten the odds, as you said!! You truly are a shining light and I pray you keep kicking butt!!! Thanks again for the warm thoughts! XOXOXO!!

• marias
    marias Member Posts: 265
    edited January 2017

Hello all maybe the anxiaty never goes away. Is an alert to be carefully about our body and live. Anyone do yoga? is our body strong enough for that? or walk?

I just came for me second chimo, they send me home with infusor 24 hours of doxorubicina. I still feel good, a litlle tired.

Please can u all tell me what kind of exam the doctor do to u.

My best for u

Marias

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited January 2017

I can relate to the anxiety and worry we all live with. I never get headaches, but today my head feels funny and I get a sharp pain every once in a while. So, of course I already have myself diagnosed with brain mets. Does the anxiety ever leave?

• marias
    edited January 2017

Hello Cathytoo, I think is hard to put away de anxiety, but we can do things to help, in the hospital talk me about try with yoga, meditacion, pray.

Im looking for a yoga teacher now, and last saturday I take my firs class of guitar. The teacher teach me "Ode to Joy" Im doing really funny now.

Im sorry about your brains mets, I hope u find a way to pass them away. I take some granules of marijuana a la D60.

Maybe u can find them there. I dont know if tha legal there. Before the Chemo, mi family doctor send me "mally" but the oncologist tell me dont take since the chemo.

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/...

http://www.anthromed.org/UploadedDocuments/Abnoba%...

http://www.abnoba.de/fileadmin/Upload/English/Pat_...

I dont know if they take away your pain.

The same doctor tell me to put a Hot water bag over the liver.

I hope everythings go better with u.

Regards

Marias

• Cathytoo
    Cathytoo Member Posts: 394
    edited January 2017

Marias...i Hope you realize that I DO NOT have a diagnosis of brain mets. Just explaining that I always think the worse since having breast cancer. Thanks for the response and the links.

• marias
    edited January 2017

Hello Cathytoo, Im sorry I dont undestand u well, but feel so happy your are free of mets.

My first lenguage is spanish, and Im learning how to speak, write and talk in english-

Have a nice Night

Marias

• Nan812
    Nan812 Member Posts: 224
    edited January 2017

hi Maria, I'm the one with the brain Mets SickTired but I really do feel fine.Nerdy I had targeted radiation done in Nov and I'm still super tired from it..doc says another month of this. The first link was very interesting and I swear my doc explained he was getting me in some study that used a version of that with the first type of chemo we tried. We stopped all of that when everything went crazy again ( it did work great...at first )...I may have told you that I also use medical marijuana ( MM ) and I have used it since I was diagnosed...I never stopped using it during or after my treatments. I really believe it is helping...I've had two ONC say how amazed they are that I haven't needed chemo in over a year. I really hope I can make that last....radiation is a breeze compared to that. I would really love to start yoga again but I have three good sized dogs and for some reason when I'm alone on the floor..they think it's play time.it is kinda fun but yoga is not going to happen...lol. I find walking the best for me...( I walk really slow ) I can mediate, enjoy nature, get some peace and quiet, get some strength back in all those sore spots and it really doesn't matter how I feel...weather permitting...I can always walk at least a couple houses because I know I will always feel better...so its the only thing I will actually do...lol. kinda hard to be that lazy if it's only 2 houses, next week I may make it to the park.

Keep shining bright

• marias
    edited January 2017

Hello Nan812, Thank for your words, I just arrive from the hospital they take off the infusor with the doxoribucina 24 hours. Is nice that even with the mets you feel really good, and hope the tretament they do to u is the better one.

Here in Colombia tell me about plant the name Kalanchoe.

http://cancerending.blogspot.com.co/2014/07/kalanc...

and also to eat guanabana to help with the cancer.

I feel really good, a little tired but good, with a good apetit so I just have a good lunch.

I want to do yoga but I dont know if for that I have to be strong. Well for now I m going to rest.

TAlk to u tomorrow

Marias

• Nan812
    Nan812 Member Posts: 224
    edited January 2017

I Marias, very interesting article. I love to garden and I haven't seen that plant anywhere, no nurseries or on line and I live to far north for it to grow wild. Do you have it growing near you? It would be worth a try, your body may like it. You may be tired but I think you would enjoy yoga. You can find some easy beginner moves on YouTube and do them from home when you are feeling to tired to leave the house. Good luck

• Cocker_Spaniel
    Cocker_Spaniel Member Posts: 1,188
    edited January 2017

HI ladies, my name is Mandy and my mum is Annie (Cocker_Spaniel). She asked me to give you an update as she knew you were wondering where she was. So far it's been a rough long road for her and instead of the holiday we hoped for she ended up in hospital for whole holiday plus a few extra days. She has had one lot of chemo and then on the way to our holiday resort she started feeling unwell with a very high temperature, so ended up in Hospital. It now been found out that she has the super bug MRSA with septicaemia. They doctors are still working out how to get rid of this bug, which if not treated could mean the loss of her life, within 5 to 10 days. She has been on IV antibiotics since the start of her Hospital stay and everyday since, she goes for blood tests to see if the culture is still growing. Her arms are black and blue with pin pricks everywhere. We are all hoping that she can get rid of this bug or she won't be able to have any more chemo. Mum has been very worried as she has been too sick to come on here and tell you how she has been, so I will do it for her until such time as she is well again.

She's always in your pocket as usual and loves each one of you very much. For all those ladies just diagnosed or going through treatment or all those ladies living in the moment Mum is thinking of you all.

Love from Annie xx (& Mandy)

• gmmiph
    gmmiph Member Posts: 662
    edited January 2017

Hi Mandy,

I am so sorry to hear about your Mum Annie's condition. How in the world did she get MRSA? We missed her. She is well loved here, I mean like an icon.

I will deeply pray for her. I know many others like me are anxious on how she's doing and they will all be praying for her too.

Please take good care of your Mum, together with your Dad. She is a rare beautiful lady inside and out. She gives so much encouragement and inspiration to others so unselfishly, for a long time already. We love her dearly.

Please tell her we are always in her pocket, wishing for her complete healing and recovery.

You take care of yourself too.

Sending my prayer and positive thoughts for your Mum and the entire family.

God Bless You!

Gina

• meadow
    meadow Member Posts: 998
    edited January 2017

Mandy, thank you for the update on our girl Annie. You cannot know how worried we all have been. Please wrap your arms around her, a hug from Meadow

• gmmiph
    gmmiph Member Posts: 662
    edited January 2017

Almighty Father,

We are offering this sincere healing prayer for our dear Annie, who is now in serious condition.

We humbly seek your Divine intervention for our Annie to heal completely from all diseases or ailments she may have.

Please give Annie and her family strength and wisdom to overcome this dreadful situation.

Bless all of Annie's doctors and medical care staff, that they may do their specific jobs to treat and care for her.

In the mighty name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, have compassion for our friend Annie and grant complete healing to her.

Amen.

• amw5
    amw5 Member Posts: 74
    edited January 2017

Mandy (Cocker_Spaniel's daughter) - Thx so very, very much for updating us on your Mum. I am praying they are able to cure her of MRSA with septicamia, so she can continue to get chemo. She's always in my pocket. (((hugs))) and love.

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842
    edited January 2017

Hello Mandy, Thank you for the update on our girl. We all miss her and love her. You, of course know how spunky she can be. Praying for all of you. Please let her her know how special she is to all of us on this board. Give her an all around the world hug.

• jenjenl
    jenjenl Member Posts: 409
    edited January 2017

Mandy, thanks for the update, although not what we were hoping to hear. Keep fighting Annie, this is a bump in the road but you'll get past it. Praying the doctors resolve so you can get home to further recover. xo

• Luvmydobies
    Luvmydobies Member Posts: 476
    edited January 2017

Mandy, thank you so much for letting us know about your mom's condition. I will also keep her and the family in my prayers!! Please tell her we love her and we are holding her tight! Much love to all of you as well. Thanks again for the update. (((((HUGS)))))

• marias
    edited January 2017

Mandy and her strong mother my Wishes for a speedy recovery. marias

• Batesburg
    Batesburg Member Posts: 114
    edited January 2017

Thinking of Annie and all that she has done for this group and more.......in God's care and our support always!!!

• Momy4ever
    Momy4ever Member Posts: 21
    edited January 2017

praying for you Annie.

• allydp
    allydp Member Posts: 361
    edited January 2017

Mandy, thank you so much for the update on our sweet Annie. She's our den mother here and we've been so worried. I can't imagine how worried you and your your family are though. I'm so sorry this is happening and wish there was something I could do. Annie is so very special to me. Please tell her I love her ver much! Sending you all m love as well! We are all here for her in her pocket. Sending many prayers and hugs to all of you. xo

• Valstim52
    Valstim52 Member Posts: 833
    edited January 2017

Mandy thank you so much for updating us. Sending gentle strength your way. Know we are in her pocket for any and all she may face. Praying for recovery from this terrible cavern in the road.

• MomMom
    MomMom Member Posts: 334
    edited January 2017

Dear Mandy, Thank you so much for updating us on your sweet Mum. She is a light of hope and positivity in the face of adversity for all of us. She is now the recipient of so much love and deeply felt prayers. Prayers are there for you, your family and Dad as well.

Love, Paula

• InspiredbyDolce
    InspiredbyDolce Member Posts: 987
    edited January 2017

Mandy, thank you so much for updating us.  Sending hugs and prayers for your entire family.  Oh Annie, we just received the update from Mandy.  I am thinking of you ever so much these next few days, as we wait to find out more.  In your usual true fashion, you are worried about our community.  Please spend the next few days thinking only of the happiest of things and what you need to do to get rid of MRSA.  Much love, hugs, and prayers continuing.

xoxo, Debra

• ALHusband
    ALHusband Member Posts: 342
    edited January 2017

Mandy please tell Annie that Mike finds this behavior of hers completely unacceptable and DEMANDS that she get well quickly and back into the fight and onto the board! Of course I'm being silly. Thank you for the update and give her and her old feller a big hug!

Mike

• slv58
    slv58 Member Posts: 486
    edited January 2017

Mandy, thank you for letting her BCO family know how she is doing, we have all been worried. Your Mom is an incredible woman filled with the type of generosity of spirit that shines bright and has given us all strength. We are now returning the strength and love she deserves. Personally, when I found out I was metaplastic, she sent me a PM filled with encouragement and more importantly hope. Sending a gentle hug filled with hope and encouragement. You can do this Annie!

Hugs, love and prayers, Shari

• belleeast
    belleeast Member Posts: 96
    edited January 2017

Mandy, thank you for the update❤️ Annie is a very special to all of us-her sense of humor, her kindness, encouragement to all who need it. We have missed her posts and quirky stories Lol Please let her know she and her family are in our hearts,thoughts and prayers❤️❤️

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    edited January 2017

Mandy thanks so much and I'm sorry for everything you are dealing with. It must be so difficult to see your mum in this situation. Adding my love to you and all your family and sending best wishes that she can shake off the bug and be comfortable soo. X

• 6feetover
    6feetover Member Posts: 97
    edited January 2017

Mandy: {{{BIG HUGS}}} to you and your mom! Thank you so much for the update. Please let Annie know that she's loved and thought about daily! Hug

• Shopgal2
    Shopgal2 Member Posts: 594
    edited January 2017

I just logged on after being offline for a few days and I was hoping that we'd hear from Annie. Mandy so sweet of you to keep us in the loop about your mum. It sucks that she is so sick inthe hospital. Sending love and healing from the states. Also if you can let us know how is your dad ? If you need us we are here for your family.

Love, from philly