Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Calling all TNs

Comments

• tracie23
    tracie23 Member Posts: 214
    edited February 2011

Sorry to butt in on the thread... But Titan I used to love to eat ruffles and ice cream or ruffles and chips ahoy cookies... mmmm

• sugar77
    sugar77 Member Posts: 1,328
    edited February 2011

My all-time favourite is bbq Ruffes with Philadelphia onion dip...yum, yum!! My DH and DD are eating Ruffles right now during the Superbowl.  I bought myself some kind of lame baked type snack that I'm sure will taste like cardboard. lol

• Claire82
    Claire82 Member Posts: 490
    edited February 2011

chocolate and potato chips here

i have barely had any since jan. 2010

truthfully i feel so guilty eating them that I won't.

• TifJ
    TifJ Member Posts: 804
    edited February 2011

My Mom's favorite was a bowl of popcorn with M&ms mixed in.

• sunflowerE152
    sunflowerE152 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2011

Dark chocolate covered raisins - the best!  I allow myself to eat them because I need the fiber - but I have to measure them out or I will eat the whole bag.

• lrr4993
    lrr4993 Member Posts: 504
    edited February 2011

I recently had a delicious sweet/salty experience:  chocolate covered caramels with sea salt sprinkled on the top.  So good.

• Titan
    Titan Member Posts: 1,313
    edited February 2011

tracie..you aren't butting in..you are a TN and like chocolate and ice cream and ruffles...I think you may have found your home!

• HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965
    edited February 2011

Titan- aren't you a happy girl tonight? Your team did it!

Commercials were a bit disappointing though.

Just skimmed this thread--- how about M&M with the pretzels inside? They're sweet and salty.

• Swanny
    Swanny Member Posts: 118
    edited February 2011

I am a chocoholic.  Love the cheap chocolate (Reese's peanut butter cups, M&Ms, Hershey bars).  When I lived in Europe did not like their fancy chocolate.  Chocolate and Pepsi are my things but more Pepsi.  Now I find I can go a few days or week without chocolate but if the craving hits - I need it.  Today I had two regular size Hershey bars and 2 16 oz bottles of Pepsi while watching the Super Bowl.  Oh well - there goes the weight again.

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited February 2011

I LOVE dark chocolate, can't stand milk chocolate, but have a sweet tooth that comes and goes.  If I stay away from sweets for a week or so I loose the craving, but once I have that one bite, it's all over..............  I find that when I'm stressed I reach for crunchy, which leads to the salt thing.  And my all time weak spot is a dark chocolate candy with rasberry filling - like a little piece of heaven!!!

Prior to my dx I was under extreme stress with my youngest daughter - she was ill for two years, undiagnosed for a year and during that year she was in a wheelchair, in and out of the hospital, doctors, etc.  And right about the time she got a handle on what to do, how to take meds, when to react to symptoms, I was diagnosed.  I truly believe that the stress I was under brought down my immune system along with the TNF inhibitor I was taking for an auto immune disease - I think combining those two were more than  my system could handle - it was too much.  I am the first that anyone can remember having any type of cancer in my family, which is why I came to that unproven conclusion.

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842
    edited February 2011

Another sweet and salty muncher here.  Ever try MacDonalds french fries dipped in a chocolate milkshake?   Its been years and years since I've done that.  Ahhh, sweet(and salty) memories!
    Navy

(Yay Packers!)

• retrievermom
    retrievermom Member Posts: 321
    edited February 2011

Heidi:  Thanks for the heads-up concerning the availability of our posts.  I googled, and saw what you were talking about, so went thru and started deleting.  I don't like having the conversations/personal ramblings I thought were between us on the boards so easy to find by others,

I won't be in DC in April.  Sounds like fun, but I will be waiting to fly out in the summer, to see a new baby and other relatives.  Would someone please go to the Lebanese Taverna at Dupont Circle and eat a meal for me?

For cheap flights:  I frequently find the best deals on Hotwire.  Rates tend to go down on Tuesdays.  I search on different days and different times of day.  Compare all three airports for DC.

• HeidiToo
    edited February 2011

Hello ladies!

I've posted a "Public" video on YouTube that I thought you might enjoy. It's of my carriage drive on the beach yesterday.

I really hate having to be so paranoid about who sees/reads my stuff online, but I had a *very* unpleasant stalking experience a few years back that has left me overly cautious.

Here's the link: Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-ToYXyPzKE

• beccad
    beccad Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2011

Heidi, did you just google your name, or bco, or....... I guess I am asking how you found the availability of our posts?

• navymom
    navymom Member Posts: 842
    edited February 2011

Nice video. Heidi.  Thanks for posting it.

• MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671
    edited February 2011

Heidi!  That was so nice to go with you and your horses for a walk on the beach!  And a lighthouse, too!  Thank you.

• Lovelyface
    Lovelyface Member Posts: 563
    edited February 2011

Heidi, Wow!  That was absolutely stunning, the peace, the serenity, the beauty and the sounds.  Such a gorgeous beach and your horses are so beautiful.  I notice you were all covered up in heavy clothing, so it must have been cold, however, the environment looks so fresh and crisp and you have the place basically to yourselves.  You are very lucky to have the horses and such a great place to live.

• Fighter_34
    Fighter_34 Member Posts: 496
    edited February 2011

Hey Ladies!!

Finally finished CHEMO and took a well needed break from all things cancer. For the first time in a long time I felt 'normal' (whateva that means now), and I went shopping with the girls.

DC is a yes for me!! I live in Northern Virginia and I work downtown DC right by the Cherry Blossoms cool right???

Lovelyface congrats on the all clear!!

• laurajane
    laurajane Member Posts: 305
    edited February 2011

Claire- What beautiful children. Being a grandmother to my grandson is one of the biggest highlights of my life. It's such a unique and special bond, don't you think?

Kelban and Michelle- I too am so sorry you have to wait but I hope you get your good news sooner than expected.

Fighter- Congratulations for finishing your chemo I believe that is cause for celebration! Yeah!!!

I've never been a sweets fan until I did taxol. Then I would literally fantasize about chocolate. Sadly my cravings for sweets has not gone away. I try and not have any in the house and do pretty good but then my addiction takes over and I end up baking a cake, pudding or eating an entire chocolate bar. Ugh! Just reading these posts makes me want to bake a dark chocolate fudge and  hazelnut triple deck-er cake. Mm-mm. I think Ill have that with a scoop of "Death by Chocolate" ice creme. Just fantasizing. But it sure sounds better than my spinach salad right now. 

• MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671
    edited February 2011

Fighter:  Congratulations on being done with chemo!!!!!  YAY!!!!!

Laurajane:  I just posted an almost sin free dark chocolate recipe that is healthier for us!  I have no excuse-i just love all things dark chocolate, lol!

• MonikaV
    MonikaV Member Posts: 148
    edited February 2011

Jenn 3 I am exactly like you.As a matter of fact , as I read your posting ...those were my exactly words.  I enjoy dark chocolate but comes and goes. I cannot remember the last time I had a potato chip???? Year or two ago...... I noticed I crave dark chocolate when I am anxious.

MBJ I will try your cookie recipe. It sounds divine!Smile

• cc4npg
    cc4npg Member Posts: 438
    edited February 2011
    Fighter:  Congrats on being DONE!  WooHoo!!
  • beetle25
    beetle25 Member Posts: 26
    edited February 2011

Fighter: congrats on beign done with chemo that is awesome.

Tomorrow I go in for my first mammogram since this whole thing started. Dont think I am nervous or anything about it, it is more that I just want to get it done and over with. 

• SunnyCoconut
    SunnyCoconut Member Posts: 191
    edited February 2011

I have always had a sweet tooth. Never passed up cake either.  The funny thing is, I had LapBand surgery in 2009 and developed a salty tooth!  Oh my!  I never cared about salty things before that.  Strange.  They had to loosen the band so I could go through chemo (they worry about the band slipping due to nausea from chemo).  Anyway, now my sweet tooth is back.  ????  I have had few fills now to tighten the band.  But now I like both sweet and salty snacks.  Ugh!

My favorite movie snack is Peanut M&Ms with Strawberry Twizlers. 

• SunnyCoconut
    edited February 2011

MBJ - When I went to my mom's after telling her I had bc, she handed me the basket of blueberries and said "Eat these everyday".   Mom knows best huh?  : )

• kelben
    kelben Member Posts: 199
    edited February 2011

I appreciate all your prayers and hugs and today I found out my chest xray was clear.   The short of breath thing must be residual from chemo.   I am still waiting for the biopsy results, but I'll take any good news I can get.

I'm looking for the M&M covered pretzels,  they sound verrrrrry good.

• SunnyCoconut
    edited February 2011

kelben - Yay for the clear xray!!!  Such good news.

• kelben
    kelben Member Posts: 199
    edited February 2011

Yep, thanks Sunny, breathing just a little better this afternoon.

• HeidiToo
    edited February 2011

beccad-I Googled my former name in here; one that was associated with some other sites I use, like YouTube and online classifieds. I figure my current name will be showing up eventually also. It really pisses me off! Obviously, I feel a special connection to the gals on this thread, but I sure as sh*t don't want the whole frickin' *world* to see my posts!

MBJ- actually--- TWO lighthouses (although both may not have been visible in that clip).

Fighter- cool, very cool indeed. Look forward to meeting you!

lovelyface- the temps were in the upper 40's but the wind off the water was brisk, so I bundled up.

Today I rode again on the beach and got my horse belly deep in water. Any more and I would have started getting my saddle wet--- (note to self: need synthetic saddle for equine water sports). On the way back we were trotting and he stepped on a great big dead horseshoe crab shell. I knew the potential for a reaction was great---- and it was. He threw four *humongous* bucks and by the fourth I was tangled up in his ears. This is a big horse (a 1400 pound warmblood) so the fact that I managed to stay on for three of the four bucks was actually pretty amazing, given how out of shape for riding I am. My husband's wry remarked was that "after $4 bucks staying on got too expensive".... men.

So, I'm off to the whirlpool for awhile. Managed to land flat on my back so no particular area is particularly achy but the real pain is that none of the gals I was riding with saw me come off so I don't know if I earned a 1 or a 10 for effort and technique. I'm betting it was a 10--- tell you tomorrow when I try to get out of bed.Embarassed

• cc4npg
    cc4npg Member Posts: 438
    edited February 2011
    kelben:  Excellent news!