Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bras 101: The Great Post-Exchange Debate

Comments

• Lilah
    Lilah Member Posts: 2,631

Aw MBJ -- sending you HUGS!

• Claire82
    Claire82 Member Posts: 490

Can't wait to see your results MBJ!!

• val61
    val61 Member Posts: 969

MBJ - Let us know how you are.......Smile

Mel22 - Dawne's idea is probably the best.  It really is frustrating to want info but not be able to put your finger right on it.    If you want to hear about an experience with shifting implant, I'd be happy to share  'cause it happened to me - though mine are silicone.  Feel free to PM me anytime.   

• MBJ
    MBJ Member Posts: 3,671

DawneHope:  I almost bought some Rooibos Tea and then I didn't and now it's too late!  Oh well, I am staying up late because my surgery is late tomorrow at 1:00 pm.  I want to be sure to eat one last time.  I am just hoping it will still look like a breast next to my "real" one.

• DLL66
    DLL66 Member Posts: 448

Best wishes, MBJ. Hope your results are beautiful.

• tinat
    tinat Member Posts: 2,235

MBJ:  Best wishes heading your way!

• Lilah

Thinking of you today... let us know how it goes (I am sure you are going to look gorgeous)!

• xtine
    xtine Member Posts: 15

Just wanted to post a quick note that I went to Nordstrom's last night with the list at the top of this thread. They were super helpful, and nearly all the bras they brought out worked well for me. Thanks for the help!

• MBJ

Thank you for all of your well wishes today!  I am just really sore and can't take a shower until after the bandages come off.  Yuck.  This is as bad as when I had drains.  I so hope he did a good job, because I am in some pain here.

• sweetie2040
    sweetie2040 Member Posts: 470

MBJ-hope your feeling better. I bet you have beautiful new nipples. Get rest!

• don23
    don23 Member Posts: 213

MBJ - I hope you are feeling better. Can't wait to hear how happy you are with the results!

• val61

MBJ - great to hear from you!  I, too, had a good bit of pain for the first couple of days, but it'll go away fairly quickly.  Rest and heal, sweetie!

xtine - so glad we were able to help.....and happy that Nordies came through for you!

• MBJ

Feeling much better today.  I am going to venture out and try to run a few errands today.  Finally wore a bra for the first time yesterday and I had a friend drive me to a couple errands that required carrying things too heavy for me to lift.  My big reveal is 8am Monday morning.  Wish me luck!

• wasin
    wasin Member Posts: 36

Does anyone know if there is a way for PS can do something to balance my breast projection?

Before the exchange my left breast was lower and fuller than the right one.  And after the exchange I noticed that my right one looks pretty deflated.  There's a slight difference.  My PS did a great job making my breasts look even but the right one looks deflated.  He used 290cc on both and now I'm thinking maybe he should've used 300cc on the right..  I have Allergan 410FF and I'm pretty happy with the way my left one looks.  Does anyone know if there's a way a PS can do something to make my right breast look consistent with the left one?  My PS is with MSK in NY and I wonder what other PS's would do to fix this problem..

• jkz
    jkz Member Posts: 158

MBJ so happy for you.. I cannot wait till I have nipples..(I think). I am starting to forget that I used to have them since they have been missing for so long...  :)

• MBJ

wasin:  PM Whipptmom your pictures and see if she can help you. 

• MBJ

jkz:  I would have waited longer for my nipple if I had to do more then one, but having only one Barbie boob was bothering me, so I hope I like it when everything is finished.

• wasin
    wasin Member Posts: 36

MBJ, How do I do that?

• MBJ

Wasin:  Just go to the top right hand corner of this page and click on Member List, search for her name, then you have the option of sending her a private message.  She will send you her private email so you can get her help. 

• val61

wassin - very interesting.....MBJ is correct - Whippetmom is fabulous at exactly this sort of issue.  The 410's are supposed to be sloped, so have a less-full upper pole than the Style 20's that many of us have.  However, that still doesn't explain the difference between the two sides.  For most of us,our "natural" breasts were different sizes, but generally after bmx, that's generally not an issue anymore.  I looked at some of your posts to find your exchange date, and it looks like it was about 5 weeks ago?  If so, it's possible that if he did a lot of "pocket work" (repositioning the pocket that was created by the TE) on that left side - don't know if he did, just hypothesizing here - that there could still be some swelling.  From what it sounds like, though, you're happier with THAT side, which certainly doesn't solve your problem.  There are times when different sized implants are necessary - particularly if there are ribcage idiosynchrasies (though I don't know if that applies to you).   Just some things to perhaps ask your PS about.  

Please let us know if you find out anything. ( And if you need bra advice, let us know!  Wink)

• MBJ

I just posted some preliminary pictures of my nipple/areola and lipo surgery.  I am still bandaged, but you can kind of tell where the nipple is going to be.

• val61

MBJ - great to hear you're feeling a bit better and up to getting out!  Just keep your bra straps loose so you don't put any pressure on the new nip.  Can't wait to hear how tomorrow goes!   I got to do the big reveal at home - with my friend helping unwrap the mounds of foam tape covering me - and I cried when I saw them.......tears of joy, though.  Hoping you have the same feeling!

• MBJ

Val:  It was such a relief to find that I could drive without any issues.  I was so sore the first few days I didn't think I would be able to manage.  I imagine I will cry once it is all completed, too.  I just want to feel whole again. 

BTW:  I also posted two new bras on Lilah's bra thread.

• val61

Just checked out your pics, MBJ, and all I can say is,  "WOW"  and "OOOWWW!"   Gorgeous, girl!

• MBJ

Lol!  Was that ooowwww or owwwwww??!!

• howard
    howard Member Posts: 102

Hello. I am looking forward to an exchange in June. Still have a couple more chemos to go through first. Will be so happy to have these expanders removed.

You mention posting pictures. How do we view those? I know that will be of encouragement, too.

Thanks!

• MBJ

Howard:  Unfortunately, the picture forum is temporarilty on hiatus right now.  The person who runs it is in the midst of the Japan crisis and hasn't been on line lately and you need her to gain access.  Hopefully everything will be back on board soon.  If you have any issues or concerns or need help with your recon, please private message Whippetmom who will be more then happy to assist you.  Best of luck to you!

• Lilah

Wasin -- definitely talk to Whippetmom with your question (as others have mentioned).  I agree swelling differences could be in effect here but also our bodies are not always perfectly symmetrical and there may be slight differences in your rib cage (right vs. left) that effect how the implants sit, etc.  I think others have solved this issue by having different sized implants (as you suggested). 

• val61

Howard - Welcome to a fellow North Texan!   The pic forum is great, so hang in there.  It really is a fabulous tool to help us see that we're not alone in this mess.  Best of luck with finishing your chemo and heading toward your exchange!

MBJ - that was supposed to be "WOW" and "OW" (as in "ouch" for your tummy!) Smile

• MBJ

Val:  That's what I thought! Wink

Ladies:  I had the big reveal today and I am thrilled with my new nipple/areola!!!  He did the origami method for the nipple and he also used a skin graft from the side of my bikini area for the areola and then he finished the nipple off with some fat underneath to give it some projection.  Along with the fat grafting for the step off and my "dog bite" on the side, my breast is now looking very real and natural.  I have never been so happy!!!!!