Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

August 2010...anyone starting chemo besides me?!

Comments

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997

No, just a big safe and a gun safe for my nightstand to put my meds into. I fired the other company and got a new one. This is my second lady with them, I think they fired the first who was young and left early and didn't do the work. I didnt rat her out but I think someone must have. She was really nice but young.

This lady is good, does the work and is easy for me to be around. Happy dance here. 

I also go rid of two boxes of donations and four boxes of returns to Cold Water Creek. Yes 4 hanging head in shame, it was like a crazy burden I was carrying with me from place to place. Burden lifted. 

Hugs Ginger

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895

Lizzy- I take Zumba through curves and every so often curves messures us, weight and how fat we are LOL no not really but the size of our thighs, biceps ect...

Me and google a frienemies LOL!

Ginger send her my way!!!! seriously havent felt like tidying at all these last few days!

• texasrose361

oh about the board reader thing. i actually think its quite funny that they keep track of how many posts we have ect.... 

How did you EVER find that lizzy?

ps i am cutting out 24 hand drawn stencils for my sons headstart class (4 of each of the 6 animals) my hands are cramping up, bout half way done. if i am not done by 1 am (an hour from now) i am calling it quits! yeah yeah i know being online isnt gonna help me do this any quicker LOL 

• Gingerbrew

Your hands needed rest.Of course.

Ginger

• texasrose361

lol i was up til after 2 cutting and i needed to ice my hand seriously!

btw dr want me to come in tomorrow- i said no i want him to call me ASAP, i am not gonna waste 3 hrs each way for something that can be told to me over the phone!!!!! (just me bitchin)

so i am taking a day off from everything and just lazin around til i have to pick up my kids from school (oh and thats funny i was nearly an hr late getting them to school) 

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413

What a good mommy, the things we do, huh?  (c:

Prayers are coming at ya from Chicago Tex.

• texasrose361

Okay so finally got some answers- cancer is back in the breast area (well i can feel those lumps so not a shock) but also the CT and pet scan lit up in my retroperitoneal lymph nodes, so waiting insurance approval of course i should be starting chemo again maybe monday or tuesday .... I am no gloom and doom type of person, but this is down right scary!

Love ya ladies and i will keep ya posted! 

• Adey

(((texasrose)))  Continued prayers.......

• texasrose361

OH THANKS FOR THAT GAL'S oops that gal's name- i PM'd her :)

funny i was looking at clinical trials and there is this one in Brazil.... it'd be nice to travel LOL 

• sweeney
    sweeney Member Posts: 311

Tex, I wish there was some proper way to hug you over the internet. You're right, you're not a doom and gloom kinda gal and this is scary...but you'll beat it back into submission again. XO from Canada.  

• Adey

No prob Timothea.  She is on here sporadically.  Hope she reads your pm soon.  (c:

• ckptry
    ckptry Member Posts: 333

((Timothea))    Hope they get a plan in place that isn't too hard on you. Are you on an anithormonal?

Carolyn

• 1WonderWoman
    1WonderWoman Member Posts: 1,796

Good evening, warriors-

Tex: this is a tough situation for you but I think we have renewed hope every day. I will do some research on clinical and will let you know. Of course it is scary. Everything about this disease is scary. Carolyn raises a good question: are you on antihormonals?
    This is a lot to go through. Keep your spirits up, keep laughing and hope for the best. It seems nowadays many of us are just coexisting with this disease. Let's hope the next batch of chemo puts this behind you.

Any thought on going to CTCA? The top 20 cancer hospitals normally get the trials and are running them. Might want to skip off to CTCA. I know they will pay for your flight, in your case to OK and then, while you are in OK, I need you to hunt down Blake Shelton for me and somehow get a lock of his hair and his shirt...you can do it! Of course, that is how I am going to make my life-size "Blake Shelton" doll more realistic!!!!! I lay this task on you knowing that after some luscious chemo, you will be up for the task ;)

Oh, Tex, better days and higher love are coming.

I am going to go artificially inseminate my mensa dreams by "killing it" with my answers on "HIGH SCHOOL JEOPARDY!!!!!!"
    Later, gators-

• 1WonderWoman
    Tex: just for the record, my interest in you going to CTCA had NOTHING to do with the whole Blake Shelton thing....!   I just wanted to be sure you knew I had no ulterior motives or anything like that..!  But if you wanted to and were felling up to it..I am sorry, I digress! 
  • omaz
    omaz Member Posts: 4,218
    ((((Tex))) Thinking of you!!
  • sptmm62
    sptmm62 Member Posts: 527

Tex:  {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Debbi

• Gingerbrew

Well damn, Tex big hugs for you. I am glad you stood and and said you would not make the drive. A good plan will be coming along. If you need to stay up this way you are welcome. We have SCCA, Fred Hutchinson and U of W combo here.

Love Ginger

• texasrose361

insurance approved one drug- started with a G lol wasnt payin too much attention, still waiting on the herceptin apporval though :)

In other news- i am totally buying this retro tent that is still in the box and the guy has the orginal recipt from Feb 1988! It was made by winnebego (the rv company) when we buy it and use it i will take a pic and post... (btw that means that tent is only 6 yrs younger than myself lol)

I am buying it off of craigslist so we first are gonna put it together and see if its still in usable shape :) 

• sweeney
    sweeney Member Posts: 311

Retro tent!! Cooooool. Can you post pics when it's up??

• texasrose361

yup i will post pics!

Oh lizzy btw i just watched that youtube video that you added to the end of the first post- that was very awesome of that woman to share her self in that way. Loved LOVED her last bit "Komen foundation you showed your ass and now you can kiss mine" 

• 1WonderWoman

Good day, warriors!

Tex: wasn't that video visceral?!  Alliterations aside, I am glad I put the link in the thread introduction so others might stumble over this thread, years down the road, and be grateful for how far things have come.   

Oh, I know that drug, the on that starts with a "G"- it is called GREED!   I cannot believe this healthcare system.  I am almost certainly leaving this country if I survive this mess and get a breather.  I am so out of here.  This healthcare system sucks.  It is not healthcare, it is "healthy" care and as soon as you need it, the problems start.  I want to know that for the 55% I pay in taxes that at least I have healthcare.

BTW, I like to keep things light, but I guess you are not a Blake Shelton fan?!  (*yes, I deleted that "parenthetical" comment!...not thinking..!)  

Good luck with the tent.  Winnebago tents are largely made of a gortex-like material.  I am sure it is going to be fine and you all will have many, fun family outings in it ;) 

Errands, phone calls, blah!  Of course I am still having numbness in my left arm and most unfortunately my massively expensive Android phone fell in water because I lost feeling on that side and dropped the brick!  To buy it off Ebay/Amazon, it is $400 and of course the carrier will sell it to me for full-retail, or $600!  I am in the luscious, wonderful contract.  I promise you all this right this minute: I will never, never, never again go in contract with a wireless provider.  If I can buy phones for $400 off of Ebay/Amazon and stay out of contract, that is exactly what I am going to be doing.  There is absolutely no sense to stay in contract when I have to go to market to buy a phone.  BTW, I have been the "model" customer for over 7 years and had never made a request like this.  Of course, with surgery coming up, I want to stay with the same phone so I don't have to learn a new one and still there was nothing they would do.  Well, when I start getting all those phone calls about taking on new contracts I am going to tell them the same thing: Sorry, there is nothing I can do!   

• 1WonderWoman

Tex: I found this link on all the universities who were involved with some stage iv trials.  There are names and emails listed for every school.  I will start emailing them but I also wanted you to have the opportunity to do the same:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00941759 

I will continue to work on this and am going to call a woman at Dana I spoke with in the past and see what she can do.  We are in this together ;) 

• 1WonderWoman
    Tex: I know you can read but right at the top of that sheet, which was updated in March, it says they are openly recruiting. 
  • 1WonderWoman

Tex: Anderson is recruiting:

United States, Texas
    Md Anderson Cancer Center Recruiting
    Houston, Texas, United States, 77030
    Principal Investigator: Gildy Barbiera, MD  

• 1WonderWoman

Dental thread: last night I saw an active thread on root canals.  Of course, I had to check it out!  In any case, it was interesting and the following link will help you to find out what systems and organs are on the same meridian as each tooth.  It is interesting:

http://naturaldentistry.us/holistic-dentistry/meridian-tooth-chart-from-encinitas-dentist/ 

• LadyinBama
    LadyinBama Member Posts: 993

Haven't had a chance to read and catch up with everything yet...

but Tex, just know we love you and I've got you in my prayers!!!

• 1WonderWoman

Something new compliments of Twitter!

http://live.psu.edu/story/55260 

What infuriates me is if you read the article, they **KNOW** it is working in labs so why not get it out of the petri dish and into human beings.   So upsetting.  They know this virus is working so they keep it in the petri dish to continue studying it....WHY?

Lady: Good to hear from you.  I hope you are doing well.  You are always in my thoughts ;) 

• rachel5738
    rachel5738 Member Posts: 658

Tex....Thinking of you and sending you hugs from Canada XO

Lizzie---did you try to put your phone in rice to dry it out? My sister dropped her iphone in water and that worked....for about 3 months and then it conked out...apple sold her a new iphone for discount price. I absolutely hate phone contracts...I think Canada has got to be the WORST place on this planet for cell phone contracts...it is horrible. My oldest really wanted a blackberry but we refused to get him one cause of the plan...luckily we have a friend working at RIM...pretty close to where we live and he was able to get my son an unlocked brand new blackberry...that my son paid for out of his newspaper delivery boy salary. All he does is BBM so we don't want to pay for any 3 year contract!

Hope everyone is doing well. Things are good here..hockey is done and football has started. Spring weather is here. Today was hot and now it is pouring with rain....just when we start putting out the patio furniture :) 

• 1WonderWoman

Rachel: 3 year contracts?! Holy smokes!  No, I would not be doing that.  I am just going to buy phones off Amazon and Ebay from now on.  No more contracts.  They are highly unnecessary especially when the provider will not do anything for you while you are in it and the insurance is no good.  You end up having to pay a deductible and then they send you some used relic.

Oddly, I have been checking Craigs just to see what I might find and every time I mention I am definitely verifying ESN at point-of-sale, the emails stop!  Lot of people out there make an insurance claim on their phone, thereby landing the ESN on the lost/stolen list, and then they sell it.  I might end up on my old Palm for a while!  I like Blackberry, good phones.  

Actually perhaps the rain is a gift?!  It is going to wash the patio furniture!  

It is cold in CT tonight but then again I am always freezing anyway!

Have a good night-