Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• weesa
    weesa Member Posts: 78
    edited January 2013

ykyacp when you glance down at your sandals and your taxotere toenails and realize there are only 9 bright red toenails staring you back, and you think Holy Shit my left big toenail has fallen off somewhere in this office, and you back track over acres of pale grey carpet looking for a bright red blob before your boss finds it.

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited January 2013

OMG weesa ROTFLMAO.  Did you find it before s/he did?

• weesa
    weesa Member Posts: 78
    edited January 2013

Yes, I did! My boss is a former marine corps drill sergeant--woulda been hard to explain.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2013

When your phone rings, you look at the caller ID only to realize its the hospitals main number. Some docs office is calling to remind you of ANOTHER appt. with somebody

• shianne29
    shianne29 Member Posts: 282
    edited January 2013

YKYACP when your nurse knows more about your life and family then your friends!

• fredntan
    fredntan Member Posts: 237
    edited January 2013

Thats a good one luanne,

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited January 2013

YKYACP when your discussing how to take care of your tattoos with an acquaintance who asks to see your new tattoo and you realize she has no clue what the tattoos are that you've just had...

• badger
    edited February 2013

LOL gardengumby, did you show it to her?  Surprised  Surprise!

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited February 2013

no!!!

• badger
    edited February 2013

I wouldn't have either!

• ohio4me
    ohio4me Member Posts: 323
    edited February 2013

YKYACP when you talk about your doctors all the time and your sister tells you it's time to find new friends.

• shianne29
    edited February 2013

Lol@ Ohio

That sounds like me!!

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    edited February 2013

Too funny Ohio!

• fredntan
    edited February 2013

ykyacp when you dread the weekly chore of dividing up your pills

• Ossa
    Ossa Member Posts: 685
    edited February 2013

fredntan.. just did that..phewwww

• Joanne_53
    Joanne_53 Member Posts: 714
    edited February 2013

I do mine 2 weeks at a time .... Did one yesterday ...

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited February 2013

YKYACP when the Half-Time show at the Super Bowl party includes the grand unveiling of the Post-Exchange New Girls to all the women in attendance...Wink

I was trying to think of how they could work that into a Super Bowl commercial....Surprised

Seriously, I do believe in teachable moments.

Not one woman there had ever seen post-mastectomy reconstructed breasts. At least none of them were freaked out, and they were all asking really good questions. And the best part, of course, was that I had the best looking tatas there. (We're all older.) They were amazed at what technology and a good plastic surgeon can do. (They also got a little BC101 lesson, too.)

• shianne29
    edited February 2013

YKYACP 2months post chemo and you just realize you lost the hair on your arms!!!

• ohio4me
    edited February 2013

too funny - amazing what you can lose and not miss :)

• rockym
    rockym Member Posts: 382
    edited February 2013

YKYACP when you only have to use deodorant on one armpit :-).

• ohio4me
    edited February 2013

YKYACP when you unload the dishwasher, put all the dishes away and then realize you never ran the dishwasher.

• shianne29
    edited February 2013

Good one Ohio!!

I'm going to give all my Dr.s the link to this thread for all their newly dx'd patients. It helped me so much in the beginning. Laughter is the best medicine, and seeing all you lovely strong ladies cope and conquer gives strength. To know that what we experience is unique but that we are not alone is so comforting.

Thank you everyone!!

• rockym
    rockym Member Posts: 382
    edited February 2013

YKYACP when you feel like you are growing out a perm and bangs all at the same time.  Wait, I haven't had a perm since the early 80's and the last time I had bangs I was 8!

• karody
    karody Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2013

Someone blurts out, "What did you do to your hair?" and you say in your sweetest voice, "Cancer." Laughing

• MostlySew
    MostlySew Member Posts: 1,311
    edited February 2013

Karody.......lol

• ohio4me
    edited February 2013

karody - love it!

• badger
    edited February 2013

When bald from chemo, I had someone ask me, "Did you do that on purpose to your hair?".

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no.  (seriously?) 

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited February 2013

When I had about 1/2 inch of hair after chemo I had ditched the wig, hats, scarves, etc.  A saleslady said, "that short cut looks great on you."  I wondered if she was just being kind, but it sure made my day!

• fredntan
    edited February 2013

when you are in waiting room for dexa scan with mammogram ladies..you tell them about breast density, insist on US, always pick up your reports.

• badger
    edited February 2013

When bald from chemo, I wore a baseball cap to Walmart.  A nice young man behind me asked, "Can I help you find something, sir?"  Turned around and said no thanks, and a look of oops I'm in trouble crossed his face as he said sorry ma'am.  Poor kid, I think he felt worse about it than I did.