Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited December 2013

LOL feelingfeline, that's kind of like trying to start a car that's already running, except you don't get the horrible grinding noise.  You can probably guess how I happen to know about THAT.  Loopy

• CCFW
    CCFW Member Posts: 570
    edited December 2013

Good news! We shoveled snow last evening. It was my first time since surgery.

Felt ever so good to be able to use those chest muscles!

I am thankful.

Nerdy

• fujiimama
    fujiimama Member Posts: 236
    edited December 2013

CCFW I love getting thAt first snow. We lived in Oostburg when I was a kid. Or snow here has only been a dry dusting.

• Optimistictraveler
    Optimistictraveler Member Posts: 25
    edited December 2013

You know you're a cancer patient (survivor) when.....you are ecstatic to find out that your back pain is due to three ruptured disks, and NOT bone metastases!

Funny how the point of view has changed.........

• barsco1963
    barsco1963 Member Posts: 879
    edited December 2013

Optimistic - so true. Not everybody would be happy to hear that they have ruptured disks in their back. Glad to know that your pain is not cancer related!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited January 2014

bump

• barsco1963
    edited January 2014

You know you're a cancer patient when you start to understand all of the medical lingo on the tv shows (Saving Hope, E.R. etc)

• indenial
    indenial Member Posts: 125
    edited January 2014

YKYACP when all the Christmas cards you received say some variation of, "Wishing you a happy and HEALTHY New Year," with 'healthy' double-underlined.

• LKSHER
    LKSHER Member Posts: 25
    edited January 2014

indenial,

I know everyone means well, but that's so annoying to me.  How about the invites to parties for healthy drink marketing/sales that invite me to talk to all the other people who have had cancer who will be there and try to entice me to show up by saying that this drink will be "perfect for my situation".  What is my sitution exactly?  As my daughter would say.... #juststop

• MaryFox
    MaryFox Member Posts: 88
    edited January 2014

Thanks, everyone.  I found this thread when I was having a really bad day that you turned into a not-so-bad day.

Mary

• badger
    edited January 2014

YKYACP when follow-up app't at your onc's office feels like a class reunion except you're really glad to see them all and they're all really glad to see you (especially the onc nurses who gave/got you through chemo).  And no one cares what your hair looks like, just happy you have some.

• fujiimama
    edited January 2014

Ykyacpw your new favorite bingo number is B9.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909
    edited January 2014

LIKE!

• jocanuck1951
    jocanuck1951 Member Posts: 214
    edited January 2014

Ha ha LIKE!

• Blessings2011
    Blessings2011 Member Posts: 1,801
    edited January 2014

fujiimama - I always think the same thing!!!! LOL!!! ThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUp

• badger
    edited January 2014

good one fujimama! ThumbsUp

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    edited January 2014

FairyDogMother - I knew what you meant about the turkey typo. hahaha. have done the bad typos so many times when i have my glasses off, espec when texting DD.

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    edited January 2014

really - again - you know it when for the 153rd time you cannot remember how to use the printer, how to upload photos from the camera to the computer and how to get the dvd player on instead of the TV.  comes and goes. no one can be happier than a day when we remember something we know that we know.

• rockym
    rockym Member Posts: 382
    edited January 2014

YKYACP when you visit your oncologist and tell him about your various aches and pains and he promptly orders tests based on what you told him... then you wake up the next morning only to realize you told him the wrong areas of aches and pains!!!

• fujiimama
    edited January 2014

Ykyacpw your three year old grabs your boobs sitting on the dresser and puts them on his head like dumbo ears and runs.Bawling Laughed so hard I cried.

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited January 2014

HAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  Loopy

• jocanuck1951
    edited January 2014

ACK!  So funny Fujiyama!!!

• barsco1963
    edited January 2014

YKYACP when you see a licence plate with the letters "BRCA" and your first thoughts are ........ you know what.

• barsco1963
    edited January 2014

One the licence plate thing.....just had a look at my new plates (issued randomly) that contain the letters BSCF. I could imagine they stand for anything but this is what came to mind. BS (my initials) C(ancer)F(ighter)? Lol

• jocanuck1951
    edited January 2014

BSCF I love it Barb!  So true.  I would like to have mine say JBFC lol!  Jo

• indenial
    indenial Member Posts: 125
    edited February 2014

YKYACP when a blizzard is coming & you turn the heat up in case the power goes out, but a couple of hours later decide you'd rather risk freezing to death than deal with all the extra hot flashes!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited February 2014

Good one!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909
    edited February 2014

LOL!

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited February 2014

Recognise that one InDenial! Though, thankfully, no blizzards here. My nights are like that scene from Karate Kid (remake) "Put on your jacket, Take off your jacket" I have Mr. Miyagi inside my head!LoopyDrinking a cup of tea is guaranteed to bring me out in a sweat!

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited February 2014

I can sit here at the computer by the cold winter window with a blanket over my legs (cold) but my dressing gown is off my shoulders (hot), but with slippers on (cold) and then sweating (hot). I can't even come CLOSE to figuring it all out!! I get such bad night sweats that I'll sleep on towels to absorb it. Why don't we lose weight doing this? Isn't it like a workout??????