Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited October 2015

Julie this is sooo bad - my FIL called one evening last week. DH was still out at work and of course I told FIL I would get DH to call my FIL when he came in.

DH came in. We had a pleasant evening. We went to bed.

Middle of the night: "Aaaagh I forgot to tell you to call your Dad. Aaaaagh"

Today my FIL called and I was nearly wetting myself to get off the phone and remember TO WRITE DOWN that FIL called!! (DH will not be home for another hour so I still haven't passed the test yet!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,894
    edited October 2015

YKYACPW when I was still working as a nurse, we had cell phones. One time I put the c-phone back in my pocket and 'dialed' the glucose meter.

• Keys-Plez
    Keys-Plez Member Posts: 190
    edited October 2015

SAS...Glucose meter. Good one.

• catfurr
    catfurr Member Posts: 39
    edited October 2015

Sitting at a stoplight yesterday when I saw what I thought was my son drive by in my car. (Bright green Honda Element, hard to miss!) As I sat there pondering where he was going, I realized I was driving my Element😆 Duh!

• feelingfeline
    edited October 2015

Love it! Great name Catfurr.

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2015

Keys, the funniest ever hospital c-phone story for me was the day when the phone was ringing and ringing. PITA. I put it back in my pocket. Put my stethoscope to my ears. Placed the bell on the patients heart and said "Hello this is sassy". I did a double take, looked at the patient. She hadn't noticed (alzhiemers).

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited October 2015
    Car fur! My DH always quotes his old Southern granny who, when asked by her grandkids, "What for?" Would answer, "What fer? Cat fur, to make you a pair of whistle britches!" (Whistle britches = corduroy pants)

Welcome, Catfurr! May I call you Whistlebritches?
  • sas-schatzi
    edited October 2015

Catfurr, did you find Cats, Cats, Cats thread?

Mags good one

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2015

Many here have donated . Thank you !........Wandering around and cheerleading again :)

Donate today, make a difference directly in all our lives. By supporting BCO, we support each other. Thanks and Hugs :)

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/110/topic/834331?page=1

Link to the mainboard donation page

https://secure3.convio.net/bco/site/Donation2?df_i...

• catfurr
    catfurr Member Posts: 39
    edited October 2015

Magdalene, that's funny!!

Sas-schazti- not yet! But I will

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited October 2015

You know you are a cancer patient when you spend 10 minutes in the examining room hunting your car keys after your visit is done and then suddenly realize that you don't have your car keys because you Valet Parked, like you do almost every week.....DUH

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited October 2015

Chemo brain!!!

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2015

Catfur Yay Thanks :)

• jjontario
    jjontario Member Posts: 156
    edited October 2015

Valet parked? That sounds great!!!!

• feelingfeline
    edited October 2015

Redheaded my family and I sat in one Saturday morning waiting for an online grocery delivery. When it was half an hour past the time the delivery should have arrived I suddenly remembered that I had never placed the order.

Believe me the old me would NEVER have slipped up like that. Don't know whether its down-the-road effects from chemo or the oestregen deprivation on hormone therapy but it's real.

Hugs to you.

• anneb1149
    anneb1149 Member Posts: 821
    edited October 2015

YKYACPWY. Call your daughter from SAMs to ask her if she wants Tylenol or Advil, hang up the phone and can't remember her answer! Fell stupid calling back, so you buy both.

Anne

• rockym
    rockym Member Posts: 382
    edited October 2015

YKY have chemo brain when... you tell your friend that you color your hair in the refrigerator... then you think for a second and realize there are only two things in your house that are large and rectangular so you cut yourself some slack and are happy you can at least recall the shape of things!

• Redheaded1
    edited October 2015

anneb1148-great to see you ---I think we were inanothe thread when we were doing treatment. HOpe you are doing well. (For me, it is clearly estrogen deprivation---no chemo)

• blondedoris
    blondedoris Member Posts: 57
    edited October 2015

YKYACPW after spending the afternoon shopping with another ice pack stuffed down your bra like it's the most normal thing to do and can't figure out why people are staring at your t-shirt as you wander about (one boob with right angles and a wet patch) you go home and empty the duff fruit from the bowl into your handbag and put your purse and phone in the bin.

And everyone in the house accepts this as perfectly normal behaviour for me....

Loopy

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909
    edited October 2015

"And everyone in the house accepts this as perfectly normal behaviour for me....'

LOL!!!!!!!

• Beachbum1023
    Beachbum1023 Member Posts: 364
    edited October 2015

YKYACPW your friend calls and asks what you are doing and you tell her washing your hair. She wonders about that, and tells you she will call back later, and your response is why? My hair is in a bowl...............convenient yes, frustrating for sure!

YKYACPW you buy press on fingernails, and then rethink it because you don't have a fingernail to press it on to!

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited October 2015

............I forgot........

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2015

You'll remember it in the middle of the night :)

• feelingfeline
    edited October 2015

Oh yes.....

• feelingfeline
    edited October 2015

But then will be completely unable to recall it in the morning......

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2015

Then again it will happen in the night.........you trudge to the computer and...........

• Redheaded1
    edited November 2015

Huh????

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2015

and forget.........

• rwiley4529
    rwiley4529 Member Posts: 35
    edited November 2015

ykyacpw...you notice an itchy rash on your leg, start googling arimidex and rash, panic about a possible anaphylactic reaction, worry about switching to tamoxifin, and it's possible side effects.

Then you remember you live in the *very* dry climate of Colorado, and you haven't been using any lotion lately, and perhaps you should.

• Keys-Plez
    Keys-Plez Member Posts: 190
    edited November 2015

YKYABCP when all the characters in your dream are doctors!!!