Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,561
    edited September 2015

Per Sassy's request, we're moving this thread to the Humor and Games forum.

Thanks!

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited September 2015

Great idea!

• rockym
    rockym Member Posts: 382
    edited September 2015

Great idea sas! Darn, my chemo brain still lingers... where were we before? I vaguly recall perhaps a stage 3 area? Gosh, how quick I can forget. We need a thread for you know you have chemo brain when...

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited September 2015

Start one!!!!!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,894
    edited September 2015

Thanks, it was in the stage3 forum. The concept applies to all. Several folks apologized in the recent past for intruding on a st3 forum. AnecortesGirl wouldn't want that, so, it's a good thing.

• KittyL
    KittyL Member Posts: 24
    edited September 2015

...when before you're even diagnosed (but just know from the radiology report), you're grooming with tweezers in the mirror, and think "Well if I have to have chemo, I won't have to pluck my chin or shave my legs for a couple of months."

• feelingfeline
    edited September 2015

Yep, one of the few "perks" - best wishes to you with your treatment Kitty.

• Momof2inME
    Momof2inME Member Posts: 249
    edited September 2015

When you open an EOB of your recent infusion and it was $4777 before insurance,

and you think.......Hmmmmm...that's not that bad.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,606
    edited September 2015

Leah...love the comment. Hope you had a good Rosh Hashanna. Miss you. Karen

• jelson
    jelson Member Posts: 622
    edited September 2015

ykyacpw- you look at the lunar eclipse and it looks like a mammogram

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    edited September 2015

I glanced at the tv as I walked past tonight and saw two mamms joined together and I swear I saw a rabbits head! I had to go back to see if it was real or whatever and it was....two ears on top of a round looking head. You have to believe we are heading into Pinktober when they put a B.C. expert on in front of a pic like that. I didn't even know they could do two-in-one mammograms these days.

Sheila.

• blondedoris
    blondedoris Member Posts: 57
    edited September 2015

YKYACPW you think about mounting a iPad holder on the back of the toilet door so you can stream TV in there when the world starts to fall out of your butt so you could use the time to catch up on TV series rather than just waste the time completely

• ElishebaJoy
    ElishebaJoy Member Posts: 54
    edited September 2015

You know you are a newly-diagnosed cancer patient when your doctors have seen your breasts in the past few weeks more than your husband has.

• Beachbum1023
    Beachbum1023 Member Posts: 364
    edited September 2015

You know you're a cancer patient when....

You go on a retreat with 13 other breast cancer patients, and they sit around the campfire showing off their recon with a flashlight because their new boobs are see through and glow in the dark! Hilarious, but there may have been some alcohol involved!

Or better yet, when we walked to the winery one of our Ladies tried to pick up a younger guy with "hey you should come over to our campfire we have 14 Ladies there, all with breast cancer. And 7 racks between us!! Uh he ran.............and we laughed and laughed! Yep same fire, but a lot less alcohol left.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909
    edited September 2015

The things that go on around a campfire!

• Keys-Plez
    Keys-Plez Member Posts: 190
    edited September 2015

And a few adult beverages.

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited September 2015

Girl Scouts were never like that!

Leah

• Outdoorswoman
    Outdoorswoman Member Posts: 8
    edited September 2015

YKYACPW due to Chemo/HT when packing for trip this conversation takes place with DH on the way out the door you both say " did you remember to pack the coconut oil/lubrication" and laugh cause you know if you forget it, it's not happening.

• littleblueflowers
    littleblueflowers Member Posts: 391
    edited September 2015

You know you are a cancer patient when your chemo group friends are messaging pix of their radiated armpits and you just burst out laughing- because where else in your life is there a place for burned armpit pictures??

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2015

sas-schatzi wrote:

Cheerleading for BCO. They are our home, our resource, we gain so much by being here. They have costs. Let's help.

They make periodic requests by email. They're is the donation link in the header. An easy way for those that do online banking is to set up a donation on a predictable basis.

We need to do this. They take care of us. Let's make sure we take care of them.

You don't have to send a check. Do it simply in your online banking. But if you are still stuck on checks.........

To donate by mail, please send your check payable to Breastcancer.org to:
    120 E. Lancaster Avenue | Suite 201 | Ardmore, PA 19003

link to BCO Our biggest advocate

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/110/topic/834331?page=1

Link to the mainboard donation page

https://secure3.convio.net/bco/site/Donation2?df_i...

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2015

Bump

• feelingfeline
    edited October 2015

YKYACPW you blame absolutely EVERYTHING on mental fogginess caused by oestregen deprivation!

• Redheaded1
    Redheaded1 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited October 2015

You know you are a cancer patient when you decide to call your friend and realize you are tapping their number into your TV remote.......

• Keys-Plez
    edited October 2015

Remote control. OMG. Good one.

• Keys-Plez
    edited October 2015

Here's a true story (a no shitter). It just happened to me last week.

I am single and live alone. Why do I need a land line when I have a cell phone? Well, of course, to call my cell phone when I can't find it. Enuf said.

I couldn't find my cell phone, so I used my land line to call it. I had left my cell phone in the pocket of my shorts. Did I mention I was still wearing my shorts? Then I grabbed my cell phone and noticed I had a missed call. I got all excited because someone had called me. I checked to see who called. Oh. It was me (from my land line). ;o(

So YKYABCPW.....You call your cell phone and get excited because someone called. ???

RAD/AI Brain ;o)

• marijen
    marijen Member Posts: 2,181
    edited July 2016

That kind of thing can happen with me and radiation hasn't started yet. Found my new eye drops in the freezer and vitamin C in the glass cabinet! But very funny Keys! I wish I had a land line for my missing cell, they should come with a beeper I am up in the middle of the night after a mammogram dream. Got your msg at rad 2015.

• Keys-Plez
    edited October 2015

Marijen...Insomnia Sisters. PM me if you need to. Even in the middle of the night...

• feelingfeline
    edited October 2015

Redheaded and KeysPlez I am rofling - almost spilled my cup of my soup (lunchtime here in Ireland) Good ones! ThumbsUp

• juliecc
    juliecc Member Posts: 4,360
    edited October 2015

KeysPlez so funny. I'll send myself a text like an address or something, then hear a ding and get excited because someone texted me. Doh! It was just myself. Loopy I swear I have bad tamoxifen brain now and have to make lists so I can remember to do things.

• marijen
    marijen Member Posts: 2,181
    edited July 2016

Thank you Keys-plez!