Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,894
    edited May 2015

Feeline--please, forgive me------------not nit picking, but you wrote organism versus orgasm.

So, mush fun if your into typo's being fun

What kind of organism did you have?

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited May 2015

I had an orgasm?????

When????

Where?????

How????????

Actually I think the typo was Oddswinners! Darn....

• Beachbum1023
    Beachbum1023 Member Posts: 364
    edited May 2015

feelingfeline, is that a side a effect? Especially asking when it happened. LOL

You know you're a cancer patient when - you get a new pedometer to use and the best place to put it is in your bra, just to take up space!

• juliecc
    juliecc Member Posts: 4,360
    edited May 2015

YKYACPW - every time you tell someone a story you start it off with, "Did I tell you this already?" because your memory sucks. Scared

• auroaya
    auroaya Member Posts: 784
    edited May 2015

juliecc yes I can relate to that lol

• Penzance
    Penzance Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2015

You know you are a cancer patient when ... you suddenly develop a habit for swearing...

• feelingfeline
    edited May 2015

Julie you on tamoxifen too? Or did you tell me that already SillyHeart

• fujiimama
    fujiimama Member Posts: 236
    edited May 2015

ykyacpw - My best friend who has stood by me for years once brushed up against my boob in church. I laughed because I couldn't feel it. Then she proceeded to grope the foobs in front of another friend. We have laughed about this for years.

• juliecc
    juliecc Member Posts: 4,360
    edited May 2015

Yes, Feelingfeline, just Tamoxifen. Fujimama, when I hug people I wonder if I'm stabbing them too hard with my numb boobs and just can't feel that I'm doing that!

• SlowDeepBreaths
    SlowDeepBreaths Member Posts: 6,702
    edited May 2015

Ykyacpw you see the abbreviation of Tennessee (TN) in a post, and it takes you a day to realize they didn't mean triple negative (TN). Suddenly the post makes more sense.

• belleeast
    belleeast Member Posts: 96
    edited May 2015

slowdeepbreatths, good one:))

• sbelizabeth
    sbelizabeth Member Posts: 956
    edited May 2015

SlowDeepBreaths, same thing with seeing dates written day/month.  Early on in the bc fandango, I thought 6/12 was six out of twelve lymph nodes, not December 6. 

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited May 2015

bellleeast, I see you are TN too, so I'm sure you can relate.

hahaha sbelizabeth! That's a good one too.

I elected not to have any nodes removed, so that wouldn't have been in my train of thought.

• cchix49
    cchix49 Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2015

Yep...I think everything has been covered. I have had so much fun and laughed so hard. Thanks to all!

• mommacat4
    mommacat4 Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2015

YKYACPW: you make booby jokes at the dinner table with your family.

My daughter (age 16) was reaching across the table to grab hands with my son and myself to say grace before we ate and her breasts ended up getting in her corn. I told her to stop trying to booby trap her plate.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909
    edited June 2015

LOL!

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited June 2015

imageBooby jokes like this?

• georgiarai
    georgiarai Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2015

...you forget that only one of your underarms got radiated and doesn't grow hair, until you notice that your OTHER armpit is in desperate need of a shave.  Ack!!

• littleblueflowers
    littleblueflowers Member Posts: 391
    edited June 2015

Will they radiate both armpits if i ask nicely? Happy

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited June 2015

had bmx & rads one side. No hair no sweat on either side.

• nativemainer
    edited June 2015

GeorgiRai-- I still have that happen, suddenly realizing one pit needs shaving!

Spookiesmom--Same here, no sweat from the left pit, or under the left breast, sweat pours down the right pit and under the right boob to make up for it.Try explaining sweat marks on only one side to strangers who ask (and the DO ask!)

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited June 2015

I don't really get any hair growth under my arms anymore. But the hair on my legs is like a forest if I don't shave every few days.

I don't sweat on either side since chemo. But the sweat sure pours off my head....something I've never had.

• jjontario
    jjontario Member Posts: 156
    edited June 2015

I find the sweat now drips on the radiated side....like a slow leakingfaucet.

• feelingfeline
    edited July 2015

YKYACPW

(this happened yesterday)

DD in ballet summer school. Theatre performance due to take place Friday at 4pm is suddenly changed to 3pm.

Conversation goes:

Head Ballet Teacher: Did you get the text to say the performance is now at 3pm?

Me: Oh no!! I have a brain scan at 2.30!

Fair play to her she took it in her stride like a true professional. I got the scan rescheduled to another day.

• SlowDeepBreaths
    edited July 2015

YKYACPW you hear the 1979 song by the Knack called My Sherona, and all you can sing in your mind is My Seroma.

• nativemainer
    edited July 2015

LOL!

• blondedoris
    blondedoris Member Posts: 57
    edited July 2015

YKWYACP when you go shopping after a biopsy with ice packs shoved in your bra like it's the most normal thing for you to do on a weekday....

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,894
    edited July 2015

OMD that's perfect for Florida! You should post that on the Flat Sisters thread, they will love it. Would you or can I, repost it on Insomniacs and Warm & Fuzzies?

• Jacfin
    Jacfin Member Posts: 63
    edited July 2015

blondedoris that was me too. I still have a few of those little mini ice packs in my back fridge just in case Loopy

Jac

Edited to add: oopsie. Not stage three but saw this and related. I do hope I have not caused offence. Hugs to you all.

• Lolis
    Lolis Member Posts: 294
    edited July 2015

Jacfin no offence :-)

Ykyacpw you make a cancer joke and you are the only one that finds that funny :-)