Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• AStorm
    AStorm Member Posts: 1,393
    edited August 2010

when you were dreaming that your implant migrated to your shoulder but wake up and realize it's just your cat

• DesignerMom
    DesignerMom Member Posts: 730
    edited August 2010

Iodine-  OMG!  Fill-in-the-blank body forms!

Squid-  Breech boobs!  Laughing harder!

Gitane-  I've got to try the armpit fart.  My son will think that is too cool!  Tears running down now!

• DesignerMom
    DesignerMom Member Posts: 730
    edited August 2010

Iodine-  OMG!  Fill-in-the-blank body forms!

Squid-  Breech boobs!  Laughing harder!

Gitane-  I've got to try the armpit fart.  My son will think that is too cool!  Tears running down now!

• Firni
    Firni Member Posts: 521
    edited August 2010

Oh fun, more pictures of my insides.  I can file them with the MRI/mammo pics of my breasts, the US of my leg, the xray of my port placement and the DEXA of my spine and hip.  What ever happened to collecting pictures of vacations?

So then, you know you're a cancer patient when you have a file drawer dedicated to all the photos of your insides. 

• Lowrider54
    Lowrider54 Member Posts: 333
    edited August 2010

...when you get home and stop at the neighbors to let them know that you posted the phone conversation of the other morning on this thread.

• Spoonchek
    Spoonchek Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2010

When your plastic surgeon tells you that your implants will need to be replaced in 15 years and you laugh and tell him you'd be thrilled to be alive in 15 years and have that done.....

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited August 2010

This is so funny......

.......when you're in that damn hospital gown and flash the doctor your rear and really don't care...the doctors have seen and/or have take most of my body parts anyway.

• lorrhaw
    lorrhaw Member Posts: 17
    edited August 2010

When you can't make it another minute without going to bed for the night and your husband looks at the clock and says "wow it is only 8:30" and your response is at least we made it until it was dark.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    edited August 2010

who knew we were all so friggin funny???  these truly are laugh out loud posts kids - keep 'em coming

.....when you find yourself directing strangers to the appropriate locations in hospitals for x-rays, blood tests, nuclear medicine ..... just follow me!

• deborye
    deborye Member Posts: 2,441
    edited August 2010

when you only have 1 armpit to shave.

• deborye
    edited August 2010

I love the armpit fart noise one. LOL

• marlegal
    edited August 2010

hey there deb :)   where in god's name did you find that pic???

• deborye
    edited August 2010

on GOOGLE.  Go to Google click on images and type anything you want, when you see the image you want,  to the right it will say full size image, click that the in the http addy, copy then paste the http in the section on BC.org site, in the post a reply,  the little tree  URL image, choose left in the alignment menu then press insert.

You have to keep 2 windows open so you can toggle back and forth.

• deborye
    edited August 2010
  • deborye
    edited August 2010

when the advil or aleve wear off, because the arimidex is kicking in, my aching hips!

• marlegal
    edited August 2010

unbelievable...I just tried it - who knew?  I like this one for all of us

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 709
    edited August 2010

AStorm and Deb, I am LMAO, OMG the picture is just too funny. i am trying to do the arm fart thing but i can't tune up my pits!! 

OK you when, you are standing in the grocery store talking to a friend and you are fondling your boob in front anyone as you explain your next procedure.

When you HOPE that the back gap in the gown is wide enough that it gets an accidental butt grope from the CT tech trying to balance your ample a$$ on the skinny table-man or a woman tech-I don't care!!! 

When you find coffee stains on your stomach instead of your chest.

When you are wearing your bathing suit to fish on the beach and purposefully bend over the bait bucket to flash anyone who might be looking.

Lordy, I have got to go to sleep!! We have got to write a book! I mean if the "I wore red lipstick to my mastectomy' can get it-we can get it. Now she is probably on this thread and I have totally insulted her. I am sooo sorry! And I am actually having dreams of life before cancer!! Sweet Dreams all, SV

• marlegal
    edited August 2010

by the way Deb, when I went to google image, once I got full size, I just right-clicked and chose copy, then pasted into this window ... didn't have to do the url thing with those steps. 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 709
    edited August 2010

Breathe....Don't Breathe....Breathe.......Don't breathe.....???? (after forgetting you) OK-breathe!   Tongue out as I am looking at the 'funny faces' now placed on the CT scanner and listenting to the tech thru headphones! SV

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    edited August 2010

......................you reach down inside your dress/blouse to scratch the skin of your chest underneath the foob, then take a big breath of relief, only too look up to find a sleazy looking character watching you and then................no matter how hard you try not to look, everytime you do, he is sitting there like a kid, waiting for a Santa Claus to arrive.

Sheila.

• lvtwoqlt
    lvtwoqlt Member Posts: 765
    edited August 2010

Last night I went to see my nephew's band play at a local bar/restaurant and realized I had something to add.

.......while attending a rock concert you realize that the implants in your reconstructed boobs vibrate to the music and you try to hold them to stop the vibrations while laughing uncontrollably, and when your family sees you holding your boobs and laughing ask what is going on and they start laughing.

• justpayton1
    justpayton1 Member Posts: 65
    edited August 2010
  • justpayton1
    justpayton1 Member Posts: 65
    edited August 2010

Thanks for the info on how to upload a pic...just had to try it

• violet7
    violet7 Member Posts: 22
    edited August 2010

Aw, justpayton, so cute.  My dad walks around with chihuahuas tucked in his shirt.

• Stanzie
    Stanzie Member Posts: 1,611
    edited August 2010

StillVertical - when you were talking about playing with your boob when describing a procedure it reminded me to the old joke " What is a goatee?" and people will automatically touch their chin.

• Pamelajo
    Pamelajo Member Posts: 124
    edited August 2010

When you get carried into the ER after a motorcycle crash and the only thing you are worried about is whether one of your TE's busted.

When you finally are allowed to be unstrapped from the backboard and you tell the nurse about to rip the tape across your forehead to hold your head stable off, that if she rips out even one of those precious 1/8" hairs from your head, she will regret it!

• Bugs
    Bugs Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2010

When, on a holiday weekend,  a sweet darling sistah brings you to the PS for an infection from reconstruction.  As you wait by the elevator for the dr to show up to unlock the doors, she pulls her tank top open so I can look down and see the finished product.  Then you look up and see the security cameras are pointing right at you.  True story :)

• wonderland
    wonderland Member Posts: 2,874
    edited August 2010
    .....when you know the exact hour and day your Neulasta shot pain will begin and you embrace those couple of pain free days prior to that time!
  • squidwitch42
    squidwitch42 Member Posts: 1,467
    edited August 2010

ivtwoqlt,

So does this mean you will be going to more concerts? :)

• LadyinBama
    LadyinBama Member Posts: 993
    edited August 2010

You are in a mixed group (men & women) and all the women are looking at your chest and saying "really? you don't have on a bra and your boobs aren't sagging?" and you don't even feel weird having the guys hear it; And you say "yes, it's great and these aren't even the real ones yet." This happened to me Tuesday night.