Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• kittycat
    kittycat Member Posts: 1,155
    edited October 2010

when you go downstairs to get your laptop so you can get your computer fixed by tech support, but leave your phone downstairs.  So, even though you are tired from chemo from the prevoius day, you have to make another trip downstairs to get the phone! 

2 more Taxol treatments left!  Woo Hoo!  And maybe someday I'll go back to a one story house, if this economy ever turns itself around! 

• deborye
    deborye Member Posts: 2,441
    edited October 2010

YKYACP when you are at work and your computer wants you to change your password and All you can think of is Survivor51, Cure51, Boobs51, LOL

• mnmom
    mnmom Member Posts: 1,841
    edited November 2010
    When you thank your teenager who has a 'brain fart' cause you filled in the blank 1st!!!!Laughing, So you feel "smart."
  • badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2010

YKYACP when there are days you just want to be smarter than a 5th grader LOL!

• mnmom
    edited November 2010

badger HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! This one is in 9th LOL

• AStorm
    AStorm Member Posts: 1,393
    edited October 2010

you are embarrassed that the White House is pink

• mcbird
    mcbird Member Posts: 138
    edited October 2010

....when you get to the bank to cash and check and discover you forgot your TEETH. 

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
    edited October 2010

YKYACP when you are afraid all of your teeth are going to fall out because you are not allowed to floss.

• agada
    agada Member Posts: 26
    edited October 2010

OMG, I have caught myself doing this in the bathroom at work!! Too funny.

Agada

• micheleboots
    micheleboots Member Posts: 885
    edited October 2010

who said you can't floss.   That is news to me.

• konakat
    konakat Member Posts: 499
    edited August 2013

When your hair sheds in male pattern baldness style and you're constantly looking in a mirror at the top of your head. 

You yearn for the old helmet head hair sprays to manipulate your hair into covering the bald bits, and staying there.

Re flossing -- you don't want to risk infection while on chemo.

• Gingerbrew
    edited October 2010

The guidelines at the SCCA in Seattle, as well as the nurse coordinator. She said "Yes, no flossing, dentists love us.". It has something to do with infection. My gums have started bleeding. I have also read this in several other places.

I have all crowns in my mouth, I was a child prefloride. I am imagining the cost of needing to replace them. What do crowns cost now, 2 grand apiece? 

Ginger

• busqueen
    busqueen Member Posts: 37
    edited October 2010
    konakat~~aussie instant freeze aerosol is basically spray adhesive.:-)  you can still find aqua net around once in a while as well.....{I am the hair spray goddess, its pathetic.....}
  • dutchgirl6
    dutchgirl6 Member Posts: 322
    edited October 2010

YKYACP when you spend five minutes on the phone discussing your upcoming appointments with the clinical trials nurse, and you write down the times, but forget to write down the dates.

• Gingerbrew
    edited October 2010

Dutchgirl, LOL    I had to give up trying to interpret my shorthand and ask for a mailed schedule.

• AStorm
    AStorm Member Posts: 1,393
    edited October 2010

you see a message on facebook and just know it's code for someone else being diagnosed

• Faith316
    Faith316 Member Posts: 1,088
    edited October 2010

When I was on chemo my onc. said it was ok to floss.  Thank goodness.  That would have driven me crazy to not be able to floss!

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326
    edited October 2010

heck for 2 grand you can get a whole set of dentures, uppers & lowers

• micheleboots
    edited October 2010

I think it is ok to floss.  But if you normally don't do it  then it is not the time to start.

• kittycat
    edited October 2010

I was never told I couldn't floss.  Speaking of.... I have to schedule my teeth cleaning.  My onco said it was okay to have my teeth cleaned after chemo was over.  2 more weeks and I'll be done with chemo.  I can't wait!!! 

YKYACP when you tell the dogs they can have "treats" and get distracted, grab a drink of water in the kitchen and wonder why the dogs are staring at you and begging!  Oops!!!  They're probably thinking, "Mommy has chemo brain again... Woof!"

• kittycat
    edited October 2010

When Friday nights are no longer TGIF, go out and drink!   But instead... get some sleep from your weekly chemo treatment because the steroids are wearing off.  Ughhh... Taxol! 

• Stanzie
    Stanzie Member Posts: 1,611
    edited October 2010

When you carefully write down telephone numbers but forget to say who the numbers belong to  and when you carefully write appointments down on the calender but put them on the wrong month - whoops!

When you get a call from your child's school from a new teacher who asks where your child is. Knowing that you put him on the bus this morning you are too confused to get scared and worried. Then as he keeps talking it turns out he has been missing this class for over a week now and the child being a special ed child does make you wonder not only where your child is but how stupid is the teacher to call you about this without checking with the office or his homeroom teacher! Turns out he is fine and was in homeroom the whole time but to call the parent?? Good think I wasn't thinking clearly during the conversation.....

• Lady_Madonna
    Lady_Madonna Member Posts: 313
    edited October 2010

...when you have to put a daily alarm on your cell phone to remember to feed your puppy his dinner.  Every single evening when he starts jumping on me it takes at least ten minutes before I remember... OH!!!  I forgot to feed him dinner- AGAIN!!! 

Let's see, I forget to pick up my kids from school, I forget to feed my pets... and the doctors are still debating whether chemo brain is real?!  Puh-leeze!!!

• CAtharsis
    CAtharsis Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2010

When you hear the word "normal" after a mammogram and tears immediately comes to your eyes! :)

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2010

...when you cheer for "normal" mammogram results for a BCO sister!!!  Kiss

• micheleboots
    edited October 2010

3 cheers for Catharsis...

• mnmom
    edited November 2010

Hip Hip HOORAY!!!!!!!!!! for Catharsis

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited October 2010

RE:  flossing - I was told that if you currently floss, continue your gums are used to it.  But, not to start during chemo and risk getting a small cut in the gums - leading to infection.

........when you try to claim chemo brain and your DD says "Mom you cannot claim chemo brain everytime you forget something" and you tell her that if I had to go through chemo, then I can claim chemo brain. 

I talked to my onc about my terrible memory and the inability to concentrate at times and he said, it's chemo brain and it happens.

• Gingerbrew
    edited October 2010
    When normal is the most beautiful of words.
  • mollyinco
    mollyinco Member Posts: 25
    edited October 2010

when you've spent the last 2 weeks wondering where all your clean socks have disappeared to only to have your husband open his sock drawer and find ALL of your socks under his