Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• AStorm
    AStorm Member Posts: 1,393
    edited October 2010

Michelle - Just wait until your sweet little daughter is a teenager! ... boys, truancy, girlfriend quabbles, tears, fears, college applications, fender benders, traffic tickets... the end is NOT in sight! I'd still rather be pregnant.

• Lady_Madonna
    Lady_Madonna Member Posts: 313
    edited October 2010
    Good point Gail.  My son shook up a soda can and opened it in the kitchen last night because it was "fun."  Yell  Oh the endless joys of children (specifically, teen boys!)
  • o2bhealthy
    o2bhealthy Member Posts: 1,089
    edited October 2010
    Astorm - my little girl just turned 12, going on 22...need I say more Undecided
  • badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited August 2013

Laughing All so true!  It just made us smile at a stressful time in our lives.  Today, she's enjoying her heir and I'm enjoying my hair.

LadyM maybe your son was acting out that stupid TV commercial for paper towels that makes me cringe everytime I see it.  You know the one where the kid shakes up a bottle of soda and sprays the kitchen and his mom LOLs and sprays him back... they trash the kitchen but then she cleans up... paper towels to the rescue.  Don't you have magic paper towels at your house?  LOL!!

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited October 2010

When your young child says you're not allowed to wear dresses anymore because you now a boy (thank you baldness!)

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
    edited October 2010

Texas, reading about your kids makes me feel young again. I hope you are writing it all down for them because you won't remember it all. I thought I would and I didn't remember. So cute, so innocent.

Ginger

• jenn3
    jenn3 Member Posts: 388
    edited October 2010

Just popping in for some fun reading and loving the kid stories.

• AStorm
    edited October 2010

YKYACP when your PS asks what you are going to do for Halloween and you say you are just going to flash your scarred foobs at people. Reality is always so much scarier than fiction.

• AStorm
    edited October 2010

YKYACP when you realize that the fact that your kids don't cut you any slack, even when you play the cancer card, means that your dx has not ruined their childhood.

• kittycat
    kittycat Member Posts: 1,155
    edited October 2010

when dropping things becomes you're new thang!  Thanks neuropathy!  My DH and I went shopping to get a dress I put on hold.  When I left the dressing room, I dropped the hanger.  My DH says, "Was that you?"  because every day I drop something!!!

• Lady_Madonna
    Lady_Madonna Member Posts: 313
    edited October 2010

Badger, I didn't know that was a commercial but I'd like to know the genius that thought up that one!!  Hahaha - NOT!... no magic paper towels here, hmmm... maybe I buy the wrong brand?! 

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,907
    edited October 2010

I've seen that commercial--the first time I was apalled and I don't even have kids!  I could just picture several of my friends' children doing just that, but the maternal reaction would not be to pull out the sink sprayer and spray the kid, and certainly would not be smiling, either! 

YKYACPW--you are having a great Saturday, getting things done and destressing from a busy and stressful work week and suddenly are so tired you fall asleep in the middle of typing a sentence in an e-mail to a friend, and are scared when you wake up b/c you are still sooooo tired you can hardly move. 

• Adey
    Adey Member Posts: 2,413
    edited October 2010

When you discover that those annoying prickles of hair are useful in holding on scarves.

When you think of being a Jack O Lantern for Halloween and only need black and orange paint and a way to stick a stem on the top of your head.  Any ideas?

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited October 2010

Adey - here's an idea: use the foot of an old clean pair pf panty hose or knee-highs as a stocking cap.  Poke a hole in the top for the stem to protrude from.  Protect your head under the stem with a soft cloth or layers of gauze.  Have fun!

• Adey
    edited October 2010

badger-  You are a crafty one!  Maybe I can find orange tights....

• auriga
    auriga Member Posts: 119
    edited October 2010

When you stop at the grocery store to run in and grab some milk, and can't remember how to put the car in park. What a scary feeling. I briefly considered calling my husband to ask, when thank goodness, the memory returned.

• AStorm
    edited October 2010

LOL auriga, my shifter was stuck once at the gas station. Really frustrating and embarrassing because I couldn't get it out of Park and there were people waiting for the pump. Finally my daughter pointed out that I didn't start the engine. Good thing I taught her to drive before I lost my mind!

• DesignerMom
    DesignerMom Member Posts: 730
    edited October 2010

YKYACPW-  You start worrying about the thousands of women driving, parking, shopping, cooking, filling our prescriptions etc... who have chemo brain and the world seems like a very dangerous place!

• littletower
    littletower Member Posts: 44
    edited October 2010

YKYACPW-you spend the entire day catching up on laundry only to notice (after load number four) that the new bottle of laundry detergent has yet to be opened. Ooooooy!

• alexanjb
    alexanjb Member Posts: 32
    edited October 2010

When you keep checking to make sure that your prothesis is in the right place, and often it isn't.

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited October 2010

LOL on the laundry I do it all the time.

• Stanzie
    Stanzie Member Posts: 1,611
    edited October 2010

AStorm - love the one about the cancer card not working! We must be doing something right so our kids aren't living or seeing our fears!

Oh I know that commercial as well, my first thought was I wish I could program my parental controls on the TV to respond to horrible commercials! 

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited October 2010

What a great idea Stanzie!

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326
    edited August 2013

YKYACPW  you come out of your bmx, you started with 42DD and are left with a computer mouse on one side and a flattened softball on the other. Lopsided...AGGGHHH...was suppose to be even...the longer I have to live with this mess, the crankier I get. Thank goodness I get it taken care on next month.

Edited to add: Has anyone else had this problem? The ONE and only thing I asked the dr for was to be EVEN when I came out. I can tell you I was very disappointed when I woke up and saw what was left behind.

• AStorm
    edited October 2010

Leisa - yes, I was lopsided. I had weird saline implants that were the same size but resulted in different size foobs and they weren't on the same plane. I replaced them last month with silicone. There are photos before and after on the pic forum. If you have implants, they might adjust over the next few weeks. My silicone were a little different at first but I'm accepting the results at this point... search "drop and fluff" on the Exchange City thread.

• Lowrider54
    Lowrider54 Member Posts: 333
    edited August 2013

...when - and if this isn't one of the dumbest - after charging the battery on your RV, you want to let it run for a bit.  So, you hop in, start her up and figure you will let her run for a bit.  While you are waiting, you mow the lawn, rake the leaves, finish planting the rest of the spring bulbs, hose down the siding and suddenly hear the dog going nuts in the house.  You open the door to find all the alarms going off - ahhh, you forgot to shut off the RV and the exhaust is right at the back door.  Running around like a nut to open windows and all the doors, turning fans on, letting the dog out, shutting off the RV and finally hitting the button to quite the alarm, head for the front porch to hang out while the house airs out.  Well, the alarms starts again so back in I go and hit the button again.  We are just going to hang out on the porch until the thing doesn't squeal anymore.  My neighbor calls and I told her what happened so she said to come on over and hang out - about 1/2 there, the dang alarm starts again.  And now with the doors and windows all open, you can hear it all over.  I just kept going and figured once it stopped, it would be safe to go back into the house. 

Of course, I was the laugh of the neighborhood for the duration of the weekend.  I am sooo getting used to that!  LOL

• dawney
    dawney Member Posts: 136
    edited October 2010

I know this was a few pages back but Uncle Fester made me laugh.  That's what my DH suggested I be for Halloween.

• kadeeb
    kadeeb Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2010

I actually think I did that!!!

• TammyLou
    TammyLou Member Posts: 12
    edited October 2010

You buy a pill sorter to help you keep track of your meds.

• Adey
    edited October 2010

You but two huge pill sorters to keep track of your supplements.  (c: