Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• EmilyInOntario
    EmilyInOntario Member Posts: 288
    edited April 2011

barbe...that is hilarious..what a comeback. *L* I guess I should consider myself fortunate. I thought my lumpectomy scar was a bit of "overkill" ..8 inches long...but the surgeon's name started with "M" so it could have been worse...

• slousha
    slousha Member Posts: 181
    edited April 2011

I have two long hair black cats.

After second chemo ( taxotere ) I've loosing my hair.  A friend helping me at housekeeping was angry: so much troubles with this cats, furs everywhere....
  • lvtwoqlt
    lvtwoqlt Member Posts: 765
    edited April 2011

I can so associate with the nipples looking different places. After my first lumpectomy (left breast) for pre-cancer, my left nipple was standing at attention (perky) and the right was at ease (saggy). After my second lumpectomy (right breast), my left nipple was still at attention and my right was pointing East. That is why the third time I had a questionable mammo, I said get these ticking time boobs off.

My mom is jealous of my scars, her single mast scar is not straight and smooth. My bilat mast scars are nice and straight and smooth. I told her it was because I had recon and the plastic surgeon drew where he wanted the surgeon to cut and the ps closed up the incision. The plastic surgeons are concerned with aestics than the general surgeons.

Sheila 

• mumito
    mumito Member Posts: 2,007
    edited April 2011

I think we all just checked out our scars. (Too funny))

• InTwoPlaces
    InTwoPlaces Member Posts: 54
    edited April 2011

You know you are a cancer patient when a man is flirting with you in the grocery store and your first thoughts is that your wig is out of place or that he hasn't noticed yet that you have no eyelashes.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited April 2011

You know your a cancer patient when........you borrow your son's motorcycle, ride it down the highway with the Hell's Angels, cause, you have tatoo's now.

• kal_1865
    kal_1865 Member Posts: 145
    edited April 2011

YKYACPW you become best friends with the parking attendant at your hospital/infusion/radiation center and he looks forward to each days head wear...

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited April 2011

YKYACP when you can no longer multi-task at all, not even a little.  Made cookies tonight and burnt the first batch as I got busy on BCO.  oops - completely forgot, so logged off and got the kitchen timer so no more burnt batches but geez Louise.  I used to be able to keep many things active in my mind.  I miss my mind...  :-)

• Mouse6
    Mouse6 Member Posts: 68
    edited April 2011

When...you walk in the door and squirt the hand sanitizer in such a way that says "I practically OWN this place!" LOL!

• duckyb1
    edited April 2011

When some person says to you "How do I get one of those free tickets to get out of the parking lot"..............................and your too nice to say "oh get diagnosed with cancer.............Yell

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,908
    edited April 2011

Ducky--I was in a very pissy mood after my last appointment with the Rad Onc, the one where I fired him--and was leaving the center crying.  ONe idiot asked me how to get the parking thingy validated, I told him "Go see Dr. (name witheld to protect the guilty) and let him tell you his treatment has left  you in pain for the rest of  your life, and there was a 60% chance you didn't need the treatment anyway!"  Sometimes I wonder what that person did that day. . . .

• Elizabeth1889
    Elizabeth1889 Member Posts: 509
    edited April 2011

YKYACP when your develop oral thrush and you are excited that the doctor wants to see you because it is a chance to get out of the house

• kittycat
    kittycat Member Posts: 1,155
    edited April 2011

When you decide to out together a spreadsheet of all your doctors, surgeries and treatments. Ugh!

When a customer doesn't recognize you with your real hair because it's short. They tell you it looks different. That means ugly!!!!! Oh well, my hair is really thick right now and hers is thin. Maybe she's envious! LOL!!!

• slg2130
    slg2130 Member Posts: 32
    edited April 2011

When all your EOBs are on a spreadsheet and cross-referenced to incoming bills based upon doctor and date of service...and that printed spreadsheet is more than two pages at 9 font!!

• yizbieta
    yizbieta Member Posts: 77
    edited April 2011

when you care about the fact that your face mask brings out the blue in your eyes! (I hate those yellow ones!!)

• yizbieta
    yizbieta Member Posts: 77
    edited April 2011

I love this idea! Thanks!

• Mimidi
    Mimidi Member Posts: 48
    edited April 2011

Blossom I am looking forward to that day.

• Lena
    Lena Member Posts: 132
    edited April 2011

YKYACPW you wonder why you'd want to paint the porch or start a container garden when you know you might not live long enough to enjoy either.

• duckyb1
    edited April 2011

You know you have cancer when your in church, and you realize everyone is praying for you, cause they just announced the "prayer line", and your on it.

• leisaparis
    leisaparis Member Posts: 326
    edited April 2011

H A P P Y   E A S T E R   E V E R Y O N E !!!

• gillyone
    gillyone Member Posts: 495
    edited April 2011

I can't believe we're on page 83!!!

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    edited April 2011

YKYACPWhen...........You can hide all the Easter Eggs a few days before Easter, knowing full well you'll forget where they are and, for months afterwards, find on-going little gifts from the Easter bunny in most unexpected places.

Just make sure the ants didn't find them first.

Sheila. 

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited April 2011

YKYACPW you have to check your plastic pill holder to know what day of the week it is...sigh. (excuse: I'm on holidays the last 2 weeks of April. Otherwise I'd know! Really....)

• duckyb1
    edited April 2011

You know your a cancer patient when everytime you go to the hospital you get free parking,

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,908
    edited April 2011

barbe--I use the pill holder to keep track of days even when I'm working!

• micheleboots
    micheleboots Member Posts: 885
    edited April 2011

free parking, what's that.

• Sassa
    Sassa Member Posts: 98
    edited April 2011

YKYACPW after your oncologist has done x-rays and a scan of your neck because of neck pain and she tells you it might be a possible spinal fracture, you cheer and smile because it might ONLY be a broken neck and is definitely not spinal mets.

• duckyb1
    edited April 2011

My hospital gives free parking if your getting RO

You know your a cancer patient when everyone greets you with -OOOOHHHHHHH, how are you doing..............instead of just plain HI.

• Ca1Ripken
    Ca1Ripken Member Posts: 829
    edited April 2011

When acquaintences are super-excited to see you....

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited April 2011

You have a conversation with your doctor in front of your husband and he can't keep up with the jargon!