Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

You know youre a cancer patient when....

Comments

• LauraPoo
    LauraPoo Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2011

This thread has cracked me up!! So glad I found it today!

• AStorm
    AStorm Member Posts: 1,393
    edited July 2011

LOL, sacphotomom. At least you weren't at the dentist!  

• Fitz33
    Fitz33 Member Posts: 123
    edited July 2011

YKWYACP when you look in the mirror and talk to your hair.  "Please grow faster, please grow faster, I'll do anything if you would just please grow faster."

• jenni__ca
    jenni__ca Member Posts: 77
    edited July 2011

along similar lines

YKYACPW you go in for your annual gyn appt and after you are almost done you ask the gyn "aren't you going to check my breast?" and she answers "i did while we were talking" .... sheesh used to be if anyone touched them i would notice .... now not so much i guess Tongue out

• txstardust
    txstardust Member Posts: 180
    edited July 2011
    YKYACP when you realize that you must have lost your hairbrush somehow when you moved a year ago...because you only just now are looking for it, not having needed it until now!
  • micheleboots
    micheleboots Member Posts: 885
    edited July 2011

ykyacpw you tell your gp at your yearly physical, no need to feel up my boobs this time.  I had them groped two times last week.  Once at  your mammo and once with your onc..

• walley
    walley Member Posts: 195
    edited July 2011

So funny! Glad I found this ...I needed a laugh today.Have a great weekend!!!!

• littletower
    littletower Member Posts: 44
    edited July 2011

YKTACPW in the middle of a gig a longtime friend/fan requests her favorite song and then records it while you're singing it, "Just in case, you know..."

• littletower
    littletower Member Posts: 44
    edited July 2011

YKYACPW you put your comb out of sight when you lost your hair to chemo because it was too depressing to see and now you can't remember where you put it because of chemo brain:)

• hdangelbaby
    hdangelbaby Member Posts: 412
    edited July 2011

YKYACPW, your wisdom teeth surgery (all 4 at the same time) pales in comparison to what you have beenthrough in the last year!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,894
    edited July 2011

new thread on hot flashes --------some good info

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/78/topic/770796?page=1

posting this a bunch of places--sheila

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,894
    edited July 2011

angel did you have them out ?? sheila

• DeeLJ
    DeeLJ Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2011

YKYACPW you go to your umpteenth doctor appointment in the last two months and proudly announce to the doctor that she will be the 16th person to feel your boobs in the last eight weeks.

And your husband laughs with you about that.

• windlass
    windlass Member Posts: 1,813
    edited July 2011

YKYACPW you start putting your own needs first.

• sweetbean
    sweetbean Member Posts: 433
    edited July 2011

YKYACPW you ask to borrow a friend's wig for a date because it looks like it will work better for bowling.

• pejkug3
    pejkug3 Member Posts: 277
    edited July 2011

Windlass - LOVE that one.  For me, it's long over due.

• tnbcRuth
    tnbcRuth Member Posts: 338
    edited July 2011

I have this great wig but why am I keeping it?  I'll never have chemo again..nature will get to take its course, so no likelihood of being bald again...maybe because its so pretty, looks like I USED to and was so expensive.  I hope the 'bowling' wig worked out ok :)

• tnbcRuth
    tnbcRuth Member Posts: 338
    edited July 2011

I have this great wig but why am I keeping it?  I'll never have chemo again..nature will get to take its course, so no likelihood of being bald again...maybe because its so pretty, looks like I USED to and was so expensive.  I hope the 'bowling' wig worked out ok :)

• Meekone
    Meekone Member Posts: 30
    edited July 2011

YKYACPW you realize that you have been on BCO.COM for a good portion of the work day and you have not completed your assignment for your boss.......DOUGH!  And then you tell yourself, "I am not going to log in tomorrow, I have to much work to do"  but yet here and behold......I AM ONLINE!!

• Monty
    Monty Member Posts: 146
    edited July 2011

YKYACPW when stil check BCO every day, cos you know the people understand what goes on in our heads!

• Angelice
    Angelice Member Posts: 1,116
    edited July 2011

YKYACPW when my new born grandson has longer hair than mine :)

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,908
    edited July 2011

Congrats, Angelice!

• Kay_G
    Kay_G Member Posts: 1,914
    edited July 2011

Congrats Angelice!  That is wonderful.  That reminds me of my DH's comment the first time I saw the BS, and she told me I'd lose my hair.  DH (he is bald on the top of his head) said I won't have the least hair in the house any more.  He's lucky I laughed at that and didn't get mad.  Now that I am bald, I don't like the comment.  Maybe I should post this on the dumbest things people have said to you thread?

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited July 2011

Well, my DH has bigger breasts than me!

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499
    edited July 2011

YKYACPW you don't mind having an eyelash stuck in your eye. Happened to me this morning!

• Fitz33
    Fitz33 Member Posts: 123
    edited July 2011

YKYACPW when you lay spread eagled out on the radiation table (in position for rads) and your RO comes in to check on a new spot they're going to radiate and you don't even bother opening your eyes but know it's him when he tells you he's there and you just say "Good morning, doctor" and are not the least bit embarrassed.  (Sometimes I ask myself how I do it!!  I used to be so shy.)

• mebmarj
    mebmarj Member Posts: 143
    edited July 2011

YKYACPW when you try to think of creative ways to ease the tension of the elephant in the room...

Currently bald and wearing do-rags. Went to a fourth of July pool party with lots of kids. Didn't bring my suit but was asked if I was getting in... Responded with, "ya know I'd really enjoy that but then I'd have to re-do my hair."

A short pause then husband and I laughed as others joined in with us. Nice icebreaker.

• Angelice
    Angelice Member Posts: 1,116
    edited July 2011

Thanks ladies it's the best feeling to be grandmother. Your all amazing :)

• ginadmc
    ginadmc Member Posts: 183
    edited July 2011

YKYACPW - You see your rad onc at Costco and don't stop to say hello because you figure he wouldn't recognize you with a shirt on.

Gina

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    edited July 2011

YKYACPW you become a resource for people you know with loved ones dx'd with BC.