Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Wednesday Weigh In

Options

Comments

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,877
    Options

Carole, that's terrific! Definitely encouraging.

I'm the same as last week. It's hard to feed a bottomless pit and lose any weight. I'd like to take it down a pound or two. DH is like a cloud of locusts going through the kitchen - and a real sugar addict.

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 852
    Options

Down 1.5 this week, but on the bottom side of my 4 lb seesaw....hope for progress next week! TT

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    Options

I’m back after a while, having gained 16 lbs which I want to lose again. I weighed in at 156lbs this morning, and aim to lose 1 lb every week so I will get to my target around Christmas time. Also I’m celebrating being cancer free for six years, which I want to continue and I know that research shows keeping my weight down is one of the biggest controllable risk factors for non-recurrence (along with not smoking, drinking a low amount of alcohol and keeping active). So the incentive and the determination is there. Anyone care to join me

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,993
    Options

I will! I want to lose 10 pounds.....magically, without working at it; so definitely need some accountability!

• wren44
    Options

It's good to 'see' both of you again. I want to lose 5 lbs. DD wants me to gain 5 lbs so I need to do it on the sly.

• trmtab
    Options

Okay ladies, I see we are posting again here...and I too need it...I am up 14 pounds since my last post in March! Ugh. I did have a knee injury in April that sidelined me for 5 months...but still.

Here we go! Glad to see everyone, TT

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 7,859
    Options

Every time I rejoin this forum I need to lose more pounds! My larger size jeans are tight now. Count me in for trying to lose and cheering everyone on in the effort.

• scotbird
    Options

I am 2 days late as it’s Friday not Wednesday I was away from home with no scale but just got back and am down 2lbs. Yay!

• ruthbru
    Options

Good for you! I stayed even, which is better than up!

• carolehalston
    Options

After four months in north MN, we are heading home on Sunday. When we arrive, I will have a scale and will start reporting in on Wednesdays.

• carolehalston
    Options

When I stepped on the scale this morning, it groaned. My highest weight ever. I will be reporting in regularly and hope I have good progress to report.

• vargadoll
    vargadoll Member Posts: 1,942
    Options

It has been 2 years since I have been here. I can not believe that time has passed so quickly. I am finally starting to lose weight again and want to join this thread again! I need the support! I am under 140 for the first time in what seems like forever! Aiming for 130....hope all of you are well and finding some joy in everyday

• ruthbru
    Options

I was on vacation last week and found a little too much joy (in food!!). I am commiting to being down next week!

• vargadoll
    vargadoll Member Posts: 1,942
    Options

Ruth, I bet you had some yummy treats on vacation! Joy is even better when it taste good too!

• carolehalston
    Options

On Tuesday afternoon I had the flu and latest Covid shot in my left arm, since the right arm is "protected." Yesterday I felt awful, sore arm and achy and exhausted. Too bad even to step on the scale. It's my typical reaction to every Covid shot so I have come to expect it.

This morning I did weigh and I was 6 pounds down from the weight on Oct.4. My semi-fasting yesterday surely had some effect. I'm encouraged and will continue my strategy, which is basically a WW approach.

I look forward to others checking in.

• ruthbru
    Options

Good for you, Carole!

I am down one pound from last week. I had the flu shot yesterday & am waiting a couple weeks for the Covid booster (I don't get shots in my left arm). DH is going to get both today. His reasoning is that if he's going to get reactions, he only wants to feel lousy once!

• carolehalston
    Options

Ruthbru, I had both shots in my left arm and the arm got very sore. I thought the soreness was caused by the flu shot but someone told me yesterday that the Covid shot made her arm sore. After about a week the arm isn't sore any more.

I gained back 2 lbs but am still down 4.5 lbs from my high. Restaurant meals definitely cause fluid retention but it's something I will have to deal with. I'm not giving up eating out occasionally!

• ruthbru
    Options

Not up or down......to many eating opportunities that I took full advantage of. What I really need to do is start logging my calories again. Yuck!

• trmtab
    Options

I too am staying the same...which is not where I need to be! My DH has started traveling again for business, one week away one week home...I get lazy on the weeks he is away. Need to refind my pre-Covid cooking strategies.

• wren44
    Options

It was always hard when DH was out of town. My mind said "the cat's away, let's play" and I would listen to it.

• trmtab
    Options

Down 3 lbs for month of October...12.5 to go!

Winking

• wren44
    Options

trmtab, GOOD FOR YOU1

• ruthbru
    Options

Good job, TT!!

• wren44
    Options

Leftover halloween candy is calling. Must get it out of the house soon.

• scotbird
    Options

I am down 5 lbs this week. Still 14 lbs to go before I reach the weight I want to be. I feel so much better already.

• carolehalston
    Options

Yay, Scotbird!

• trmtab
    Options

Down 2 since Nov1st...found myself at the "9" of a new set of numbers...I know it is just another pound, but I haven't seen this range since September...10.5 to go.

• ruthbru
    Options

I am still being 'blah'; haven't gained or lost

• wren44
    Options

I have food wars here. I lost weight in May and DD and SIL are determined that I should gain it back. I like the size I am now. I think DD thinks I look terrible, and I do but it's from being 82yo. I'm sure lots of women my age look just the same. Their attempts to over feed me worked a little, but I'm trying to make sure it doesn't keep going up.

• JenCanDoThis
    JenCanDoThis Member Posts: 25
    Options

I am new to this topic but had something happen today that caught me off guard. 3 different people who know about my dx noticed I've lost weight and were like "was it planned?", "you should see your doctor", etc. My mind went from proud of myself to scared. Anyone else tried and tried to lose weight, finally started losing, and got freaked out?