Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Wednesday Weigh In

Options

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,993
    Options

If you were losing weight without trying, that would be one thing. But if you have been trying to lose weight & it's coming off; that is awesome!

• scotbird
    scotbird Member Posts: 592
    Options

I have been trying to lose weight and have lost 6lbs in a month. I feel so much better. I love to eat but I don’t like being overweight, especially when I buy new clothes, I am much happier when I am the size I want to be. Still want to lose another 13lbs. It’s a constant struggle.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,877
    Options

DD and SIL have succeeded in getting me to gain weight. Now to lose a few pounds. Of course I was a willing participant, but they are working on it.

• trmtab
    trmtab Member Posts: 852
    Options

okay, I am going to start to post again...I have gained so much over covid...and of course the "big event" syndrome is now coming up (40th college reunion in June). I can't lose all the weight I have gained over the past 3 years by June, but want to make a push to at least feel better/more confident for myself.

I am down .5 from last Wednesday...5.5 from high over holidays. Committing to posting...TT

• ruthbru
    Options

I have been very good since the holidays; logging all my food on my fitbit ap, with only a few days of 'cheating'. I am down 9 pounds from my highest post-Christmas weight & still have a few to go. I will be on a vacation for a week (starting next Wednesday). I know I'll gain a couple pounds then, but will get right back on track when I get home; when I will hopefully get to my goal weight & then have a few pounds to play with.

• carolehalston
    carolehalston Member Posts: 7,859
    Options

Nine pounds! Ruthbru, I'm impressed! Trmtb, 5.5 lbs is great, too. Keep the good progress going.

• trmtab
    Options

Happy March!

How can February seem like the longest month!

Down 1, still plugging away, TT

• ruthbru
    Options

I've been on vacation for a week, so it mostly likelly be bad when I step on a scale.

• trmtab
    Options

Down 1...

• ruthbru
    Options

I only gained 2 1/2 pounds on my vacation (which is good for me). I have one of them off (it was my birthday when I came home.....so that's my excuse), I'm back working on the other 1.5.

• carolehalston
    Options

Ruthbru, my birthday was yesterday and it was a big one. Eight oh. Happy Birthday to you!!

• trmtab
    Options

Happy Birthday (late) Carole!

Down .5 this week, makes 1.5 for March. TT

• ruthbru
    Options

Not down.....too much eating!

• trmtab
    edited March 2023
    Options

Despite being up .5 today ... my weekly averages are slowly going downward. My goal for 2023 was to get back to my Jan 2022 number, I am now back to Aug 2022 -- if that makes sense. TT

• ruthbru
    edited March 2023
    Options

Too many Girl Scout Cookies for me! Up one from last week.

• trmtab
    edited March 2023
    Options

still waiting for my Girl Scout cookies to arrive! I believe our delivery is this weekend...

• trmtab
    edited March 2023
    Options

down 1.5 this week...after being up last week...but down 2.5 for the month. TT

• carolehalston
    edited March 2023
    Options

Good job, Ruthbru!

• trmtab
    edited April 2023
    Options

Up 1.5 -- missed posting last week, but

Had my delivery of GS cookies and Easter fun...back to the grind. TT

• ruthbru
    edited April 2023
    Options

I did too much Easter eating too.....

• carolehalston
    edited April 2023
    Options

I have to confess I've been avoiding weighing. Yesterday morning I stepped on the wicked bathroom scales and was shocked at the number that appeared. So I immediately revised my menu for homemade pizza for dinner. I have to get "serious" about losing some of the extra pounds I'm carrying.

So I will be checking in on Wednesdays.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,150
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi Carole! Why did I not see this thread before?

I was doing well losing weight, eating very healthy foods last year. I have a lot to lose. I can still hear my cardiologist's words last June, praising me for my weight loss and saying I should be down another 25 pounds by the next time he see's me. My next appointment is at the end of June! That was before my August breast cancer diagnosis (3rd time). I am about 8 pounds MORE than I was when he last saw me! Yikes!

Between my mastectomy in Oct and recent exchange surgery, I have gained a lot of weight. I literally gained 14 pounds after my exchange surgery, between the surgery and date of first follow up. That was only 6 days! I know it was fluid and I was told I still have a few months before all the swelling from the liposuction for the implant, will go down.

Sign me up for Wednesday weigh in! My goal now is to get back to better eating and losing weight. I also want to start exercising but that will mostly be done at home and walking outside!

I am thankful for this topic!

• carolehalston
    edited April 2023
    Options

Welcome, MM!

I have been diligent about my eating since that horrible number came up on my bathroom scales a few days ago. I was down 6 pounds Monday morning but ate Mexican food at a restaurant Monday night. Restaurant food always causes weight gain/fluid retention.

This morning I am down 4 1/2 lbs.

My immediate goal is to lose 10 lbs.

• trmtab
    edited April 2023
    Options

Weigh to go Carole! I am down 1.5 since last week, which simply makes me equal to a couple of weeks ago. I too have an immediate 10lb goal. TT

• ruthbru
    edited April 2023
    Options

I'd like to lose 8 pounds, but am going on vacation for a week......so, yikes!

• carolehalston
    Options

I hope we can get this forum going again on the other side of the "migration."

I weighed yesterday on my wicked bathroom scale and on the kinder scale at the gym. I am holding my own but haven't made downward progress, mostly because of meals I have cooked. A delicious homemade pizza that was not only dinner but lunch for the next two days.

Maintaining is better than gaining!!!

• trmtab
    Options

I love the kinder and wicked scales!

I have been up and then down over the hiatus, so I am where I was a couple of weeks ago…which still means my immediate goal is -10.

• ruthbru
    edited May 2023
    Options

I just got back from a vacation, so have to re-lose the weight I had gotta off before we left

• carolehalston
    Options

Up a lb. Yuck.

• ruthbru
    Options

2 down from my vacation, but need to get serious again…..also yuck!