Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Australian Sisters

Options

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited May 2019
    Options

Had an MRI on my head last Monday to see what if anything showed up to explain my hearing loss, tinnitus and balance problem. They found that I have a brain that is just fine but they also found a benign tumor that is attached to the nerve that runs from my inner ear to the brain. The tumor itself is not the problem but the side effects that it causes through pressure is what is causing all my symptoms. Treatment you ask? Nothing right now only neurophysio to try to teach my brain to deal with those same side effects and then scan again at the end of October to see if it has grown. The other options are surgery or cyber knife.......neither of which is recommended at the moment due to the fact that there is a high chance of making it all worse according to the ENT I saw on Wednesday.

Some of you may remember I mentioned the fact that while I was away my left thigh went numb. I told the Onc about it on Tuesday when I saw him so of course he wants to check it out with an MRI of my lower back and sacral area to make sure nothing is pressing where it shouldn't. This will be done on 24th this month then I see him on the 28th........and so the story continues.

Hoping everyone else is doing well.

Love n hugs all. Chrissy

• aussie12
    aussie12 Member Posts: 421
    edited May 2019
    Options

Chrissy that's not good news either. Must have been a shock to know that you have a tumour. That's just the news you need after having such a great holiday !!! Best wishes.

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited May 2019
    Options

Carol, I was a little surprised but being me, I'm happy it gave me an answer to a question. I can deal with just about anything so long as I know what's going on.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• aussie12
    edited May 2019
    Options

Hi all

I'm still having my procedure next Wednesday then I will get biopsy results etc then I will know what the Doctor's will do regarding further surgery. I had a pre surgery clinic today as I need to be knocked out. I've got this week off work so just enjoying the time off.

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited May 2019
    Options

Keeping my fingers crossed that all turns out well for you, Carol. Having a week off and just relaxing is a really good thing. Take care.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• aussie12
    edited May 2019
    Options

Hi all

I had the Hysteroscopy and D +C on Wednesday, ended up staying the night in hospital as I got sick. The usual nausea and strange heartbeat that I get after each surgery.

Unfortunately I found out today that I have cancer again in the uterus, it's bowel cancer again. I will need surgery and chemo again. Hopefully I will get it sorted out for the next few weeks.

I have a great Nurse at the hospital who used to work in the chemo ward and now works for bowel cancer department. She has helped me so much, even messaging me today to ring her about my results and she was at the Doctor's meeting today about all the patients and let me know what was going on. It makes a big difference when you get bad news.

I had to come home from work today as I was not well, I'm feeling better now.

Will let you all know what is going on once I know myself.

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited May 2019
    Options

Oh damn, Carol! You certainly are under an unlucky star at the moment........I'm so upset for you. You are in my thoughts that you can kick cancers butt once again. Please let us know how you are doing as well as what treatment (as in what chemo) they are proposing for you.

Sending warm ((((((hugs))))).

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• aussie12
    edited May 2019
    Options

Thanks Chrissy.

• aussie12
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hi all

I have an appointment Mon 10th about my bowel as I have a bit of cancer in my bowel as well and then one on 17th in gynaecology, both at separate hospitals. So I'm hoping that the 2 hospitals are working together so I can get both done at the same time. So my surgery won't get done until probably 2 weeks after the 17th.

I just hate having to wait but then I'm not looking forward to another big surgery either.

Hope that everyone is well.

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hi Carol........good heavens! They sure are taking their own sweet time with getting things moving for you. Damn girl, I didn't know about more in the bowel as well.....you sure are coping it that's for sure. Here's hoping they can pull their finger out and get things sorted for you.

You may find that you will need to ask about getting the two ops done together as like most PH now days, they don't tend to talk to each other.

Keeping everything crossed that things start moving for you very soon.

I start Radiotherapy on my L4,5 and S1 on Tuesday next. Hopefully that will beat back the cancer and ease the pressure on the nerve so the feeling will return to normal in my left leg. Once that is done with a two week break I will be starting on Faslodex (Fluvestrant). Hoping the side effects are tolerable.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• Trisha-Anne
    Trisha-Anne Member Posts: 1,661
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hi Carol, I'm so sorry to hear all your news! I've been off here for a while with various issues of my own - nothing sinister and not bc related.

My poor love, you are certainly going through the wringer aren't you. I still think of you every day - and please know I send calming and warm thoughts your way every morning xoxox.

Chrissy - we have been keeping up with eachother on the phone, I'll be thinking of you today as you start rads. xoxo

I hope everyone else is going ok? It seems our little group is going through some particularly hard times at the moment.

My love to you all.

Trish

xoxo

• aussie12
    edited June 2019
    Options

Thanks Trish, yes a few of us seem to be having issues at the moment. All my best wishes to you.

Chrissy best wishes for your treatment.

My appointment for the 17th has been cancelled but I know that both hospitals are working together to get both my surgeries done at the same time. I should find out tomorrow what is going on. I might only need the one hospital surgical consult.

The hospitals here have been very busy with Flu patients and today on the news they said that they might have to stop elective surgeries. Hopefully it won't affect me.

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited June 2019
    Options

Damn! Surgery for cancer is not elective! I really hate the way they categorise surgery. Keeping everything crossed that they get there shit todether soon for you.

Two zaps down three to go........my back and legs are not liking me this morning that's for sure. I'll take some pain meds shortly and hopefully they will do the trick. Because of the queens birthday holiday on Monday, I will have a three day break before my last treatment......bit of a pain but shit happens......if you're lucky😂

Take care all.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• kyliet
    kyliet Member Posts: 587
    edited June 2019
    Options

Love to everyone. Chrissy I hope your Radio gives you some relief 💗

Trish I hope your plans are going smoothly and that you are managing ok 🌹

Carol, sending hugs that your ops get sorted soon 💗

• kyliet
    edited June 2019
    Options

Love to everyone. Chrissy I hope your Radio gives you some relief 💗

Trish I hope your plans are going smoothly and that you are managing ok 🌹

Carol, sending hugs that your ops get sorted soon 💗

Alyson, sending gentle hugs to you 💗 Strength and best wishes to all 💗💗💗

• aussie12
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hi all

I have a great Bowel cancer nurse who has been helping me a lot. Today she rang me to say that the Doctor's want me to have chemo first before surgery. I will find out all the details on Monday. It will be interesting to see why they want to do this as I would have thought that a hysterectomy would have been better just so that it doesn't come back.

I will see what happens on Monday

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited June 2019
    Options

Carol it's probably more precautionary to try and shrink the cancer to make it easier to remove. Great that your nurse is looking after things for you......good luck on Monday.❤

Last rads today.....Yay!! They don't usually work Saturdays but there were some emergency cases came in so offered to add me to the list rather than have me drive down to the city again on Tuesday. Naturally I said yes as then I can get home later today and put my feet up. Hopefully this damn sciatic pain will dissipate over the next week or so........I think I liked the numb leg better.😂😂. Anyway, see the onc on 25th for whatever comes next.

Love n hugs all. Chrissy

• aussie12
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hi all

So I've had a colonoscopy and an MRI and create scan. I see the Doctor tomorrow and find out what they are going to do, if I have surgery first or chemotherapy. I'm not looking forward to surgery again but have to have it. I know that I need another colonoscopy bag again which I hate.

I will let you know what is happening.

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited June 2019
    Options

Glad all your testing us done and you get results tomorrow. I will be thinking of you. Sometimes we just have to bite the bullet and go with the flow.......hang in there lovely, you've been there, done that.....you got this.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• aussie12
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hi all

Thanks Chrissy.

The Doctor said that I will probably have chemo first but they are having another meeting Thursday and I will find out then. He's worried about not getting all the cancer out through surgery so want's to shrink it first.

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited June 2019
    Options

Sounds like a good idea, Carol. I know you are probably feeling a bit anxious with the time all this discussion is taking but rest assured it shouldn't make much difference to your out come if any. Hoping you get the go ahead soon.

I start my new treatment next Tuesday after I get a new set of scans for baseline. The treatment is Faslodex and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I tolerate it well.

Love n hugs all. Chrissy

• aussie12
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hi all

Good luck with your treatment Chrissy.

The Doctors said that they won't do surgery as they won't be able to get it all. On Thursday I should find out what chemo I'm getting. Unfortunately the Doctor said that I may have only 1 year left so have been quite upset and not sure what to do with working etc.

I've been off work most of this week with a virus, I was nauseas and felt faint. slowly getting better.

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited July 2019
    Options

Oh shit, Carol!! Not what you wanted to hear at all! With all the advances in cancer care, it's really horrible when the powers that be say, sorry, no surgery will help but with chemo, possibly another year. How do they know?? Do they have the proverbial crystal ball??

I understand your feelings, I truly do...........as for work, that is obviously up to you but for me, if at all possible financially, I would kiss it goodbye and live the rest of my days (how ever many there are) doing all the things I've always wanted to. You may like the routine of work and interaction but don't forget, you are going to be tired, sick, possibly grumpy and still have to deal with 'the public'.

Obviously all of this is your decision and it's not an easy one........my heart goes out to you. Please keep us in the loop so we can support you. If you want my phone number just let me know and I'll message it to you.

As for me, scans were good, no new Mets but the ones I have were a mixed bag, some less some a little more ........I'm happy with that. Faslodex seems to be okay.....first one done and dusted and aside from a nose that dripped like a leaky tap, a tickle in my throat that kept me coughing and generally feeling like I was run over by a bus and the truck that followed, I'm good. All of the above lasted four days and then nothing, I'm back to normal me.......well as normal as I'll ever get......lol. This makes me very happy as it says that I am able to tolerate so will continue with the Faslodex and hope no other intolerable side effect pops up in the future.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• aussie12
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hi all

Chrissy I'm seeing my normal Oncologist on Thursday at my hospital where I had my chemo and will have this chemo. I will ask for a second opinion on surgery as reading stories on the Facebook bowel cancer page some people have quite a few mets and are still around for years. Trying not to give up too easily.

I have quite a bit of money in Super plus 8 weeks Long Service so I will give up my job pretty soon if I get bad news again Thursday. I'm seeing someone from the Cancer Council tomorrow so hope that they can help me with things. I will be travelling and enjoying myself, I might even catch up with some of you!!!

Chrissy too bad about your side effects, hopefully will be better next time.

Seems like there's a few of us having cancer problems again. Cancer Sucks !!!!

I had a great day today with 3 of my good friends coming over to see me and talk about everything.

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited July 2019
    Options

Carol, I'm so glad you are going to question about the surgery and possibly get a second opinion........you never know, they may have a different slant on things. Good luck with your appointment on Thursday.

The se's for me are very manageable, more annoying than anything and for me that is really, really good.......lol. I was steeling myself for much worse.

Yep, cancer sucks.......big time! We must also remember that it is the nature of the beast and something that we can only hold back for a little while. To my way of thinking, that's a really good reason to party hard and live life to the fullest. So glad you are going to travel and enjoy.......you are welcome to come visit and stay if you would like, I'd love to see you.

Hang in there.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• kyliet
    edited July 2019
    Options

Carol and Chrissy, thinking about you both xx

Sorry to be sad, but I don't know where else to express how I feel. My niece has just died from BC, in her 40s with 3 children between 10 and 15. I feel gutted. Thank you all, for being such amazing supportive friends xxx

• chrissyb
    edited July 2019
    Options

Oh Kylie, I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.......my sincerest condolences to you and your family.

This disease has no thought for the families it destroys and I truly feel for her husband and children.......I know they will miss her terribly as will you all.

I totally get what you are feeling considering your own meeting with BC. If you want to talk let me know and I'll message you my number (if you don't have it already).

I so wish I could wrap my arms around you and shoulder some of your pain.

Love n gentle ((((((hugs))))))). Chrissy ❤

• aussie12
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hi all

Kylie I'm sorry to hear you new, it's terrible since the young kids no longer have there Mum.

I saw my Oncologist yesterday, he was very optimistic and wasn't very happy with the other Doctor. He said he thinks I might even have 2 to 3 years and I'm going to see a Surgeon in case I can have surgery !!!

I start chemo on Tuesday, a different one than I've had before. FOLFIRI which includes fluorouracil, leucovorin, irinotecan, and cetuximab. There is lots of side effects but hopefully I won't get them all, and hopefully won't be allergic to them.

So here we go again with another chemo and time off work, I will decide within a couple of months what I am going to do regarding work as I'll see how the chemo is working.

Have a great weekend all

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited July 2019
    Options

Carol I'm happy to hear that your onc is putting everything in a better light for you and fingers crossed they have that right. Good on you for seeing another surgeon........sometimes the just in case things turn out to be super positive so a great big good luck with that.

Wow! That sure is some line up of drugs! Fingers crossed that they do good things for you without too many debilitating side effects.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• aussie12
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hi all

So now I may not be getting my chemo tomorrow as the Nurse rang me today to say that my Haemoglobin is very low and that I will probably need a blood transfusion tomorrow. She asked if I had been tired and yes I have.

I will get chemo done on Wednesday instead.

Carol