Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Australian Sisters

Options

Comments

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited July 2019
    Options

Oh Carol, if it's not one thing for you it's another. The one thing I can assure you is that you will feel so much better after the transfusion and a days delay for your chemo is neither here nor there.

Hoping you will feel better soon.

I head back to the city tomorrow for my second lot of the Faslodex loading........hoping the se's stay the same.

Love n hugs all. Chrissy

• aussie12
    aussie12 Member Posts: 421
    edited July 2019
    Options

Best of luck for tomorrow Chrissy.

• aussie12
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hi all

I've had 3 blood transfusions and my chemotherapy, I still have the chemotherapy pump on until Friday. I feel better but still feeling tired. I have my next chemotherapy in 2 weeks.

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited July 2019
    Options

Carol, take it easy lovely, your body is going through a lot right now so give yourself a little while to recover. Good that you've had your chemo. Why have they left the chemo pump in? Maybe because you are having your next treatment in a couple of weeks. Hang in there and be kind to yourself.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• aussie12
    edited July 2019
    Options

Chrissy the pump has a chemotherapy drug in it which is attached to my port. It takes 48 hours to go through then I go back to the hospital Friday and they take it off.

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited July 2019
    Options

Wow Carol! 48 hours sure is a long time.....I'm guessing it's pretty potent so goes through slowly so as not to completely you off your feet. Hoping you are feeling okay.

Had my second Faslodex on Tuesday and so far not feeling any real side effects at all this time......no headache, no belly ache, no runny nose, no real aches or pains just a little fatigue but not enough to gripe about! All in all I'm a pretty happy camper.

Love n hugs all. Chrissy

• aussie12
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hi all

Chrissy that's good news for you.

So now I have a rash all over my chest and face from the chemo. They said that it may happen. It's not itchy but doesn't look too good. I had a blood test today which came back good for the haemoglobin level.

The Nurse rang up about my blood test and I told her about the rash and I will have to go to the hospital tomorrow and get some tablets as she said that you have to be careful as if it gets worse it could delay treatment.

I've also had diarreha today so I seem to be getting everything with this chemo.

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited July 2019
    Options

Damn, Carol, you don't seem to be able to take a trick lately. Sure hope those tabs work in sorting that rash......they will probably be a steroid so I hope you don't have any problems with them. Hope you are keeping a good supply of Imodeum on hand to help with the diarreah......it's such a pain. Great news on your bloods as least something went right for you.๐Ÿ˜

I'm still feeling fine and other than feet and ankles swelling, no other se's have shown themselves......really happy but wondering if they are going to be different each time........lol.......that would really make treatment interesting.๐Ÿ˜‚

Got to take hubby down for a colonoscopy on Thursday as he got a positive result from his poo test. He's a bit concerned about it but I keep telling him that there are a lot of false positives with these tests and he needed to look at it more as a question mark which tells him he needs to follow up with further testing. Ho hum, Thursday will tell if anything is there but keeping my fingers crossed for him.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• aussie12
    edited July 2019
    Options

Hi all

I've started the tablets so hopefully soon the rash will clear, I have to stay on the tablets the whole time that I'm on chemo. I'm going back to work tomorrow so will see how I go, I'm trying to avoid going on Centrelink again. If I can work 1 week a fortnight I should be all right until I decide what I'm doing.

Chrissy glad your hubby did the test and although a colonoscopy isn't nice at least he will know for sure what is going on. Tell him Good Luck.

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited July 2019
    Options

Carol, hope the tablets help the problem rash if not fix it. Hope your return to work doesn't knock you too flat.......yes, Centrelink can be a pain but at least it's something and, as an alternative to forcing your self to work, a good back stop.

Hope you do well.

Live n hugs. Chrissy

• chrissyb
    edited August 2019
    Options

Hi,Carol........just checking on you. Hope you are doing well.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• aussie12
    edited August 2019
    Options

Hi Chrissy

I've had my second chemo last week and that went ok. I still have the rash but it's not as bad but now I have sore hands. My skin is cracking and peeling and just holding my bag today I got cuts on my fingers. I've been back at work this week and only have the weekend left to work.

I saw my Oncologist yesterday and he said to keep having chemo for the next 6 weeks and then see him again and maybe have CT. He also said that the rash is supposed to mean that the chemo is working well.

How are you going Chrissy?

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited August 2019
    Options

Carol, glad the rash is feeling a little better. Bugger about your hands though, they sound terribly sore. Glad your onc feels that the chemo is working well.

I'm doing fine, had my third Faslodex last week and am now on a monthly schedule. Not many se's this time round really, just tiredness.......maybe I'm tolerating it well. Caught up with my daughter in law on Tuesday, it was lovely to catch up with her but I have a feeling that she has shared her cold as today I've been coughing and spluttering and had a nose that just won't stop running. Sure sounds like a cold starting to me.....lol. Oh well, I guess it's to be expected as it is still winter.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• helenlouise
    helenlouise Member Posts: 363
    edited August 2019
    Options

Chrissy, take care there is lots of flu around this year and whilst your in treatment it would not be good to go untreated. I was diagnosed with influenza A last month and my GP put me on tamiflu. Think I put my back out coughing and sneezing and still have a cough.

Best wishes. Helen

• chrissyb
    edited August 2019
    Options

Hi Helen, thanks for the advice. I'm feeling pretty good really, I don't think it's any more than the sniffles as nothing has developed further.......thank goodness.๐Ÿ˜

My GP is a fair hike from where I live so he gave me Tamiflu to keep on hand should I need it.

Oh my gosh!! You must have been coughing hard to put your back out.......hopefully the Tamiflu is working and the hard coughing and sneezing has subsided.

My mouth has been sore for four days already, I have developed a huge ulcer that is right on the inner edge of my top lip extending upward toward my nose. Because it has been that long without any healing, I'm guessing it may be my body letting me know it's not happy. I'll watch and wait, hopefully it will improve soon and it is just an ordinary ulcer.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• helenlouise
    helenlouise Member Posts: 363
    edited August 2019
    Options

oh dear Chrissy, sore mouth as well. Hope you feel better soon.

Xx

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited September 2019
    Options

Chrissy ..hope you are feeling better !

• chrissyb
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hi girls! Yep, feeling pretty good right now, mouth healed well and no more ulcers have shown up so all's good.

Heading up to Brisbane on Tuesday evening for nephews wedding, I'm so looking forward to being there and catching up with all the family.

Hoping everyone is doing well.

Love and hugs Chrissy

• aussie12
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hi all

Just had my 5th chemo and will be having a CT on Friday to see if the cancer has shrunk. I'm seeing the Oncologist next Thursday to get the results. Then it will be decided if I keep having chemo or not.

At the moment I'm trying to get a few things done at home, plumber coming tomorrow and organizing to get reticulation sorted. I have a list of things to get done.

Hope that you have a great time Chrissy.

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hey Carol, keeping my fingers crossed that the chemo has been doing its job and you can continue to kick the cancer back.

The week of fun has begun, we arrived in Brisbane yesterday and other than sleeping, we haven't stopped chatting with the family. I can pretty much guarantee that the chatting will continue until we leave. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hope everyone is doing well.

Love n hugs, Chrissy

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited September 2019
    Options

Carol ..hope all is going well for you !

Chrissy ..Sounds like your week with the family was lots of fun !

I'm feeling nervous tonight ..going in to have a mastectomy on my left side tomorrow. !!! ..I wish I'd had it done 5 years ago when I had original mastectomy..but somehow my doctor talked me out of it ..I just want to even things out by doing it ..to be able to even go flat if I want ! I have to be at the hospital by 11..am for afternoon surgery.

• chrissyb
    edited September 2019
    Options

Lucy, I hear you on the need to even things up, but hopefully it won't be as bad as first time round due to no nodes being taken. Here's to a great outcome and a happier you with your shape.

Sending (((((hugs))))) for support.

P.s. the week away is not yet done so more fun to come.โค

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• aussie12
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hi all

Lucy best of luck for tomorrow.

My hair has been falling out a lot, a big chunk every morning when I have my shower. I think I may end up losing it all if I keep having chemo. It just feels weird.

Glad that your having a great holiday Chrissy. Hopefully I will be going to Brisbane then Bundaberg soon to see my brother. I like Queensland it's so nice there.

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hi all!

We got home at 12.30am last Wednesday morning......talk about a long, exhausting day! Needless to say I slept very well when my head hit the pillow. On the Thursday, I had a get together lunch and nails day (we do this every three weeks), and then on Friday I had an appointment with my audiologist and then one with the radiation oncologist to explore the possibility of some more rads......he does see anything on the last scans but feels the pain I have been having is nerve pain from my spine. I am now on Lyrica and am having a pretty good response so I'm happy although I'm still doing the getting " used to it "........lol.......feel a little spaced out right now but according to my onc (whom I saw today), this should pass in another week or so......we shall see.

I'm off to a funeral tomorrow to farewell a close friend who passed from Lung Cancer........it will be a very sad day indeed.

Carol, sorry to hear you are losing your hair, that is the worst feeling for sure. Do you have any info on how it's all going? Keeping my fingers crossed that you are getting a good result. Yes, Queensland is lovely right now, no humidity.......lol.......don't get me wrong, our time in Brisbane was superb and I would have quite happily stayed for a little longer.

Hope you get to go and see your brother, visiting close family is always super nice no matter the reason. Take care lovely.

Love n hugs, Chrissy

• kanga_roo
    kanga_roo Member Posts: 302
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hope you are all doing well,

I read this, this morning and thought what a great story, but wasnโ€™t sure where to share it. I think we have all felt like Anne at some stage.

Jackie.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/sep/26/life-as-a-cancer-patient?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

• chrissyb
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hi Roo! Thanks for the link, it was a very truthful read fore sure.

Nice to see you poo in.

Love n hugs, Chrissy

• aussie12
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hi all

Chrissy love your typo, reminds me of the bowel cancer facebook page !!!

Last week I didn't feel that well and went to work on the Wednesday and felt really tired and breathless. I went to the GP and she said that nothing major was wrong, I had my Oncologist appointment last Thursday. My CT results were that my tumours had shrunk with having the chemo but I have a spot in my lung which the Doctor wasn't that concerned about.

I was meant to have my chemo this week but the Oncologist gave me an extra week off as he said that my body has had enough and needed a break. I have my next chemo on Wednesday. I still get out of breath if I do any gardening etc, I have to stop after 15 to 20 minutes.

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited September 2019
    Options

Hi Carol! Darn auto correct.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ To tell the truth I just typed and posted without checking.....Yep have to agree, it's pretty funny.

Dang girl! Do you never think that you are doing too much!? When not working, you should be resting. It's good to hear that the tumors have shrunk at least but I think I would keeping an eye on the other thing.

Yep, your onc is so right, your body sure does need a rest.

Talk about getting knocked for six! Had my Faslodex and Xgeva last Tuesday and am still so fatigued and sleeping 10-12 hours a night! Sure hope this pass soon.

Saw the radiation onc re the pain in my back. He had a good look at the last lot of scans to see if he could pinpoint anything.......nada. He thought maybe it's a nerve pain so has added Lyrica to my pain meds. They certainly help with the referred pain in my arm and have taken the edge off the other but I'm still very aware it's there. I guess I just have to wait for my next lit of scans which will be end of October beginning of November.

Hope everyone is good.

Love n hugs, Chrissy.

• aussie12
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hi all

I had my hair cut short today as it just looked really straggly, I've never had it so short !!!

Today I had an appointment with the chemo nurse and had a blood test. My haemoglobin is low again and the nurse said that I need another blood transfusion so will be getting that done tomorrow. Then I will have my chemo on Wednesday. I mowed the front lawn yesterday and was so tired after that I had to sit down and recover, no wonder why?

Hope that your feeling better Chrissy.

Carol

• chrissyb
    edited October 2019
    Options

Hi Carol, hopefully your short hair will improve its condition a little bit........yes, really short hair takes a bit of getting used to after having it long for so long.

You, mowing the lawn? OMG! No wonder you were tired after that!! Bummer about needing another transfusion but I guess it's better that it can be done so treatment can continue.

I have days that are good and days that aren't, like all of us. What is happening though is I get very tired very quickly.........i routinely have to stop for a nap on the way back from Adelaide just about every time I go down. My thought is, better a short nap than an eternal sleep.......that can come later..๐Ÿ˜ in general I'm okay, a little bit here and a little bit there, I just pace myself.

Take care lovely.

Live n hugs. Chrissy.