Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Australian Sisters

Options
1404405406407408410»

Comments

• Lucy55
    Lucy55 Member Posts: 2,703
    edited May 2020
    Options

Thinking and praying for Chrissy and Trish ..hugs

• lolalee
    lolalee Member Posts: 164
    edited May 2020
    Options

Same here Racy, haven’t heard from Trish, just hope the treatment plan goes well. All so bloody awful and unexpected.

• Trisha-Anne
    Trisha-Anne Member Posts: 1,661
    edited June 2020
    Options

Hello everyone!

I've now done two rounds of chemo with the new immunotherapy drug. I'll have a scan in a week and a half to see if anything is happening.

I'm not sure if I posted exactly what we know now. So here goes, and if I have please forgive my chemo brain.

The cancer is a particularly nasty one and it's spread to my adrenal glands and if I did nothing I'd have maybe a couple of months. The new immunotherapy drug can only be administered with chemo. That combo may give me up to 12 months if I'm lucky, so I'm trying for lucky.

I'm feeling ok, the chemo is palliative, so not too hard on me. I'm really at peace with everything, just trying to get everything organised. I have lots of wonderful people around me, not the least who is my husband, my rock.

I'll let you all know what happens when I get the results of the scans.

Trish

xoxoox

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited June 2020
    Options

Yay, Trish......fingers crossed for great results with the scans. You know already that we have been chatting so all good.

I'm free again goils!! Yippeee me!!!!......Lol. back being tossed back n forth between my girls so the eldest can go back to work. I'm happy about that as it gives her a good sense of independence.

Feeling pretty good right now although I need to make sure that constipation stays away as that can also cause the nausea. I really hate nausea!

Hoping everyone is doing only good things.

Live n hugs, Chrissy

• traii
    traii Member Posts: 379
    edited June 2020
    Options

I don't post much on this thread but I do read.

Been thinking of you both Trish & Chrissy

So happy to 'see' you both on here😁

All the best Trish for fabulous scan results 🤞I hope it gives you more than lucky with 12 months plus much more! 🤞

Chrissy glad you're feeling much better and yes, keep that constipation away! Nausea is a horrible feeling 😏

Take care

• Lucy55
    edited June 2020
    Options

Trish and Chrissy ..so lovely to see you both post ! Think of you both everytime I come on here Xx

• helenlouise
    helenlouise Member Posts: 363
    edited June 2020
    Options

Thank you girls for updates. Sorry to hear the cancer is aggressive Trisha. Let’s hope the treatment gives you relief and time. Glad things are well for you Chrissy. I have been lucky again with clear PET so we decided to stop the chemo. Onward with herceptin and perjeta. Hope everyone is keeping warm with winter upon us and coping as well possible with COVID rules

• lolalee
    lolalee Member Posts: 164
    edited July 2020
    Options

Thank you for the update, sorry the cancer is so aggressive Trish, so hard to understand this crazy disease.
    It’s wonderful you have bounced back so well Chrissy.

Sending everyone good wishes with their treatment which must be hard with COVID social distancing and the extra precautions.

• aussie12
    aussie12 Member Posts: 421
    edited August 2020
    Options

Hi all

I got a registered letter from the government today about breast implants. Hopefully everyone that has had implant surgery should get one. It seems that there is a risk of getting a rare cancer of the immune system (BIA-ALCL). If you have these symptoms, swelling, pain, a rash or lump or not sure go see your GP. It's rare so I don't want to panic anyone.

I hope that everyone is doing ok.

I'm still having chemo for my bowel cancer, had 26 chemo's so far, I will be on it for life. I was told a year ago that I only had 1 year to live but my Oncologist said that I'm doing well.

Carol

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited August 2020
    Options

Wow! 26 chemos! So glad you are doing well, Carol. Interesting re the implants, great info thanks.

Still here and feeling way better after four bags of whole blood given last week........apparently my levels were in the "how the hell are you functioning " levels.......lol.

Take care all.

Love n hugs. Chrissy

• aussie12
    edited August 2020
    Options

Hi all

Great to hear from you Chrissy. 4 bags, that's a lot. I've had blood transfusions a couple of times before chemo but only 2 bags.

Carol

• aussie12
    edited October 2020
    Options

Hi all

Just wondering how everyone is ? Very quite here.

My last CT 2 weeks ago was good, the bowel cancer hasn't got worse. I'm up to my 30th chemo next week.

I still haven't gone back to work and will probably quit son anyway.

Carol

• aussie12
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hi all

Not many people post on here anymore so I thought that I'd let you all know the sad news from yesterday.

Trish passed away yesterday from her cancer. She started this thread in 2010. It's very sad news. I met her in Canberra when we had our get together.

Carol

• traii
    edited November 2020
    Options

oh Carol that is such sad news. May Trish rest peacefully. Thoughts are with her family and friends at this sad time.

• kanga_roo
    kanga_roo Member Posts: 302
    edited November 2020
    Options

Trish was a beautiful lady who cared about others. I met her at the Adelaide get together, and she, along with Chrissy and others, comforted me shortly after my diagnosis. I’m thinking of her today, her friends family, and community, who must be devastated by her passing.

• helenlouise
    edited November 2020
    Options

Hi Carol,

Thank you for letting us know about Trisha. How very sad.

• aussie12
    edited December 2020
    Options

Hi all

Some sad news again. Christine Bout (Chrissy) passed away on Wednesday 23. She was at home with her family.

What a horrible year for this site. 3 ladies that I met in Canberra, Ally, Trish and now Chrissy have all passed away.

Hope that everyone has a good New Year.

Carol

• helenlouise
    edited December 2020
    Options

Very sad news indeed. Thank you for your New Years wishes and to you and your family a happy, healthy and safe 2021.

• traii
    edited December 2020
    Options

Such sad news about Chrissy. She was a wealth of knowledge to this site whilst fighting her own battle. She will be missed by all.

May Chrissy rest in peace, pain free and fly with the angels along side Trish & Ally.

Thanks for letting us know Carol. Let's hope 2021 is a Happy, healthy & safe new year for us all x

• Operahouse
    Operahouse Member Posts: 44
    edited January 2021
    Options

Very sad. She had fought for so long. Rest in peace, Chrissy ❤️

• Lucy55
    edited February 2021
    Options

Hi Ladies

I haven't been on this thread for quite a while..and very sad to read about Trish and Chrissy

Two beautiful ladies..so sad .

• newnorm
    newnorm Member Posts: 53
    edited March 2021
    Options

Hi, does anyone have a recommendation for a good Onc in Sydney? Mine keeps me waiting at every appointment. Yesterday for a noon appointment I was still waiting at 1.15pm. I appreciate people are busy but that’s not acceptable. Any recommendations welcome. Thanks

• aussie12
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hi all

No-one has been on this thread for ages.

I'm still here !!! I've had 53 chemo's over 2and a half years for my bowel cancer and am doing ok.

I hope that everyone is doing ok and coping all right with this never ending covid.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Carol

• still-me40
    still-me40 Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hi Carol and everyone!

I'm not a regular poster but I do check in often to see how things are going.

I know 2021 was a real bummer for a lot of people, and we lost a whole lot of wonderful people (Trish & Chrissy)

But for me personally the year has been kind- I've gone back to work full time and the side effects from the meds are settling down some. If I'm totally honest I didn't really expect to see 3 years post diagnosis… and yet here I am.

I'm not at all religious but want to wish you all a very merry Christmas and happy new year. May 2022 be filled with family get togethers,laughter and as many adventures as you can handle.

Sar