Western New York Area

Comments

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited December 2013

Morning Cheryl, call Susan and Betty, I think they re up for it, it just started here, is supposed to pick up in intensity in next few hours, whaaaa, I want Christmas today and so do Daphne and Buster, they will have to wait for January, ask Betty for her weekend in Jan., and we will pray hard for decent weather. Big hugs to all of you ask for the Godiva milk chocolate liquor, I called yesterday and they have it, It is the one we like. Karen. Cats woke me up for breakfast, spoiled little buggers, back to bed for me.

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited December 2013

Hi All! Snowing here but not sure how the roads are out there. I would be interested in lunch today but understand if Betty and/or Cheryl cannot come. Just let me know. I am fine either way. I come home January 4 th from France but otherwise, my calendar is open.

Susan

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited December 2013

Susan and Betty, I am still up for lunch. Call me.

• SusanHG
    edited December 2013

Cheryl. My computer is broken so cannot access phone numbers. Next lunch I am writing them all down! I will pm you mine.

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Dear Cheryl, Betty and Susan, have a wonderful time together, see you for our Jan. Christmas, Betty, what weekend is good for you, Debbie is checking the book but thinks she can make any Sat. we choose. Still snowing here, I am going to crawl back into bed and read. hugs, Karen

• SusanHG
    edited December 2013

Hi all! Cheryl and I decided to cancel. Weather pretty awful in Clarence. Streets have not been cleared and traffic is crawling. We will hope for a good day in January. If we are lucky, it will be during a January thaw. Stay safe and warm everyone!

Susan

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited December 2013

Any Saturday is fine. What a storm here! It snowed hard all night up by the lake. DH was using the snow blower at 2AM. My road was not plowed until this morning... Fun driving home...

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Debbie, we got about 7", but the plows were on it all night, Batavia DOT are fantastic in keeping ahead of the storm. No way could we have made it to Williamsville, even Susan and Cheryl were not able to drive it. Christmas in January - something to look forward to. Are you watching the game?

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Hi all, everyone is warm and cozy I hope, it's pretty to look at from inside the house. We have two dates we can have Christmas in January: the 8th or the 22nd, Susan comes home on the 4th , so vote for the date you'd like and we'll go by the majority of votes. I'd prefer the 8th, that way if we get snowed out again we can shoot for the 22nd, plus I'm anxious to see everyone. love to all, Karen

• heymoose
    edited December 2013

Hi All,

What a beautiful sunny day, now if it warms up to 70 that will be perfect!!!! Hahahaaaaaaa!

I agree with Karen to have lunch on the 8th. I miss everyone also. Have a great day and stay warm.

Hugs

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited December 2013

I agree with the Jan 8th date. Hopefully we can dig out by then......and it's not even winter yet!

On another note, I was sick with a head cold last week, then had to work Sat, Sun and Mon. Finally got out this morning to do some Christmas shopping. Made two stops, no problem. After going to my car after the third stop, car battery was dead! Called my husband and AAA. AAA said up to four hours wait, husband arrived in 15 minutes, charged the battery and now I'm home. Had a whole day of errands planned, but now I'm afraid car might die again. How many days left til Christmas?

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Dear all, I want to ask for your prayers for a dear sister who is dealing with another medical issue, not bc, but fiercely disabling, she is just hanging in there, I know how powerful this group's prayers are let me ask for your prayers, love, Karen

• heymoose
    edited December 2013

Karen, i am sorry to hear about your friend.  Hugs and prayers are sent her way.  

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited December 2013

Karen, my prayers are with your friend.  I will plan on the 8th

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited December 2013

hugs and always many prayers for your dear friend karen. I know how much friends mean to us 

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Dear Ladies, you are all too wonderful, our prayers will be powerful as we then leave it in the Blessed Virgin Mary's hands to carry our prayers to her son, thank you Maureen for letting me borrow your go to person.  much love, Karen             I will call Creekview for the 8th as soon as a few more people check in with the OK, I do think it is our best bet, in case we get snow again, we can move to the 22nd.

• Maureen813
    edited December 2013

I'm in

• karen333
    edited December 2013

All right, we need Susan (is she gone already), Debbie is that all of us?, Jan, bevin, linda?,

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited December 2013

I'm in for either date...

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Debbie, looks like we are edging on the side of eight, need Susan, Jan and Linda to check in.

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited December 2013

Karen

Praying for your dear friend.

• bevin
    edited December 2013

All- I'm in for lunch. Hopefully by then I will be better. Have two ear infections, staph infection and shingles. I've been out of work for a week. I've never been so sick. Apparently I'm not contageous anymore so thats' the good news!

• Maureen813
    edited December 2013

hugs Bevin. Shingles are painful. Rest dear friend. Your body is telling you to take it easy. This time of year just adds to the stress. 

• janhart
    edited December 2013

I am in for the 8th also!

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Oh bevin, I am so sorry, hope you are better by he 8th.

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Oh my ladies we are powerful in our prayer, she had some respite last night that she thought may be due to prayer, I am sure of it, please continue to hold her in prayer that one of her doctor's is able to pinpoint the cause.  She was truly hanging on by her fingertips, let's call the luncheon on January 8th at 12:30, I will call and make reservations for 12:30 for 8, I'm counting that your pain will cease bevin and we will see your happy smiling face for our Christmas in January.  The reservations will be in Maureen's name. Linda if you are able to come please let me know and I will bump us up to 9.  love, Karen

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited December 2013

Karen, sorry to hear about your dear friend. Prayers that she will
    be okay. If you are planning lunch for Jan. 8th, that is a Wednesday
    & I work Monday-Friday for a school district, so I wouldn't be able
    to make it.

Cheryl, Thanks for sending me the phone list!
    When is/ was your birthday?? I know you mentioned it but don't think you
    said when it is. Mine is Saturday, the 21st. If I missed yours, I
    hope you had a enjoyable day!

Colleen, I can empathize w/ you; I
    had shingles a few years ago & it wasn't fun, to say the least.
    Hope you are feeling better soon!

BF wants to know again "How I'm doing".  This time I said " Trying to figure out my life"!  

I have become the primary care giver to my Mom.  This past week, she had a Dentist appt. She had to argue w/ me that she didn't need her boots or her cane!  I insisted on both; the parking lot wasn't plowed very well & she almost fell getting out of my car (not that she would wait for me to turn the car off!)  Today, after work, I had to go do her grocery shopping & when I got back, she was "waiting" for me sitting by the garage door!  She is definitely testing my patience!  

Glad tomorrow is Friday!  Even though I had very little Christmas spirit this year, I managed to do some shopping.  Now I just have to wrap stuff.  Of course, all of my Christmas paper, bags, tags, etc were in my storage unit, so I had to go there & lift boxes upon boxes until I found what I was looking for.  I've noticed my left arm, & the side of my breast has been hurting me lately. I'm hoping it is from using that arm & lifting more than normal.  I go for my 1st mammogram since my surgery & radiation the end of January.  

Hope everyone has a restful evening!

Love,

Linda

• janhart
    edited December 2013

Linda, you are absolutely right, the 8th is a Wednesday. I don't think that is what we meant because we always do lunch on a Saturday. I think we are all just anxious to get together so everyone agreed with the 8th without checking a calendar. So did we mean the 4th?

• karen333
    edited December 2013

I am having a senior moment, since Betty was the only one working, Debbie was OK with any Sat., I asked Betty what were the good weekends for her, I suspect she may have been on the wrong month, she said the 8th or 22nd and I went with that and like lemmings we all voted for the 8th for as Jan says we are all anxious to see each other.  Called Betty on her cell which she had left at home, had a lovely conversation with her DH, and Betty will call when she gets home, I'll relay that to you and I'm going to assume we will again want the earlier date in case we get snowed out like Dec. date, WOW - Karen

• bevin
    edited December 2013

Love the lemmings analogy

I couldnt do  a wednesday either