Western New York Area

Comments

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited December 2013

We are all together the most loyal, kind, bright, fun, courageous women ever brought together by you Maureen. Who would have thought how special we would be to each other at that first lunch at the Buffalo place.

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited December 2013

HI all you Lovely Ladies,

Debbie your post was very sweet. Maureen, thank you for bringing us all together. Ditto what Karen said.

So the house is decorated inside and out. The Santa's are over running the house. Hahaha but I love them. Some cookies made and most gifts wrapped, I think I may need to go shopping again. You know, one for them two for me and if I do not like you, none for them and 3 for me. (my shopping motto) Hahaha!!!!!!!

I have an updated list for everyone and will bring them on Saturday. I can not wait to see everyone. Jan and Linda you will be missed.

Okay now I have to run and hmmmmmm write out Christmas cards, not one of my favorite things.

Hugs to all and see you saturday.

Cheryl

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited December 2013

Yes, we are such a great group. I always feel the love coming from all of you whenever I come to this board. Decorations up outside. Our tiny Christmas tree is up. I am calling it our Christmas branch. Safe on table away from Daphne. We leave for France a week from Saturday so our prep is different this year. My biggest worry is all of us having enough clothes to last the two weeks. I am doing the majority of my Christmas shopping in France this year. I have made some cookies but not many. And having friend for dinner on Friday to exchange gifts. Cannot wait for our lunch Saturday!!! <3<3

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Love the Christmas branch, is Daphne infatuated by it? This is the first year I haven't had to move ornaments up out of Sophie's reach, my little spitfire is growing up.

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited December 2013

Hi Ladies,

Wish I could be @ the luncheon. I'm celebrating my birthday w/ friends & my cousin on Saturday. After reading the last few pages here, it seems everyone has been busy decorating & putting up their trees. All of my Christmas stuff is in storage & I just can't seem to get in the Christmas spirit. I did some shopping today after work; accomplished a little. Cheryl, I like your shopping motto!

My ex BF texted me again to tell me there was a message on his answering machine for me (the pharmacy) & then he texted again and asked "How was I doing?" I could have answered it in a million different ways; I know how I REALLY wanted to answer it but I just said "Great!".

I hope everyone is well & have a good time on Saturday! I want to hear all about it.

Linda

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited December 2013

Linda good job! You took the high road. Good for you.

• heymoose
    edited December 2013

Good for you Linda. Linda when is your birthday, mine is coming soon also.

I will send the mailing list to those who do not attend Saturday.

Hugs to all

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Hi all, got about 6 inches here, driving is fine in Batavia , but N/S roads out in the country are treacherous.Susan is better, had had terrible flu bug since Tues. night, today is the first day she has kept BRAT diet down and in, very weak yet from just drinking tons of fluid, but someone on her crew got the placement of 7 light fixtures in wrong rooms and she was swearing like an old fishmonger when she got off the phone, so she is definitely on the mend. Watching the weather, they are forecasting snow, as long as it is not whiteouts, I don't do whiteouts, I have my phone and my found again list, so, if it gets dicey, I will call to say I'm turning back, as much as I want to see you guys, it will hurt not to be able to be with you. Cheryl, I am also having car trouble, the struts are in a fragile state, my mechanic said it is safe to drive to Clarence, actually as I'm writing this, Susan you are right in Clarence, could you pick me up at the Hollows, I'll need your cellphone number in case I have to turn back, pm it to me, if you can pick me up. That lets you drive right to the restaurant Cheryl, I know you love to carry my O2, but that chore will fall to Susan, lol., crossing everything crossable that the drive is fine. hugs to all, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited December 2013

Sorry ladies won't make lunch. Not because I'm being weird but I had a death in family

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited December 2013

oh so sorry to hear that Maureen. Hugs and prayers to your family. Karen: more than happy to pick you up for lunch. I will email you my phone number. Would have no trouble picking you up at home if need be as well. Happy Birthday Linda! You and Maureen will both be missed!! So how many of us for lunch this time then and what time did we say?

Susan

• patsback
    patsback Member Posts: 36
    edited December 2013

Just got the call. My first session for chemo (taxol) is next Wednesday

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Dear all, lunch is at 12:30, there are 6 of us, and I called to check they do have our favoite Godiva White Chocolate Liquor on hand!!!

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited December 2013
    Happy
  • Maureen813
    edited December 2013

pat why are they going right to the chemo? I did 12 dose dense chemo weekly and tolerated it very well. As you can see I recently went to stage 4 too. It's a difficult dx but we can do this. IM me if you'd like to talk

Everyone. Have an extra chocolatemartini for me. Just be careful driving. Hugs n kisses Maureen

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Hi all, it is very nasty here right now, all those on the road do be so careful, Betty I think you are getting hit pretty hard too, slow and easy to get home safely. It is sounding like Saturday is going to be nasty too, we will have to keep track of the weather reports, to see if it is safe to drive, I so hope so but we don't want any of us in danger, what do you all think, play it by ear till Saturday is closer? Everyone stay inside - warm, cozy and safe. love, Karen

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited December 2013

I know I'm not able to go to lunch on sat, but please wait and see how the weather is. I was suppose to go to Dunkirk today to take my mom shopping, she called me last night and said, "don't come, it's bad here!" Right now I'm waiting for my daughter Karen to call me and tell me they made it home. She and fiancé left downtown about 5:00 and said it was bad. Haven't heard from them yet. I hate this weather!

• janhart
    edited December 2013

She just texted me, thank God they're home safe.

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Jan, thank God they are safe, if it is like I am hearing on the weather channel, we will be celebrating Christmas with our dear friends in January and that is fine, we will keep a close watch on the weather. The Thruway from Dunkirk to Fredonia was closed for quite awhile due to white outs, so dangerous..

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Good morning ladies, for all who must drive, be oh so careful. It is looking like tomorrow will be too dangerous to drive, what say you?, do we plan a January Christmas? and hope for a good day, we were really lucky last winter, we had good weather and did not miss a month, this winter is looking like winters of years ago. Betty and Debbie you are our two working weekend gals, PM me a good weekend for you. I am definitely not driving tomorrow, if everyone will weigh in, I will let Creekview know we are canceling or that the number will be much reduced. Stay safe and warm and again for those who must drive, be oh so careful. hugs, Karen

• Skigirl72
    edited December 2013

The roads are fine here in Rochester (so far), but, I forgot how nasty it can get your way... I am fine with postponing. As far as I know any Saturday in January is fine. I will check the book tonight when I go in. Just let me know...

• karen333
    edited December 2013

OK Debbie, it looks just dandy now, no snow, no wind but the weatherman is still saying bad stuff on the way, will keep checking the forecasts.

• janhart
    edited December 2013

I am free any Sat. in January.

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Hi all, just spoke with Cheryl, in the time it took from when I posted you Debbie, we are just short of white out here in the village, alerts out for travel in Southern Erie, Northern Erie and Genesee, will make final decision in the AM will call Susan and Cheryl, Deb, I'll post to Debbie, I don't have your phone no. because you'd have to travel through Genesee , or PM it to me. hugs, Karen

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Hi Jan, Betty (are you getting hit in S. Bflo.), Linda, Maureen, Bevin, didn't mean to leave you out, stay warm, stay safe, hugs to all, Karen

• Skigirl72
    edited December 2013

Forecast does not look good.... I'm going to hunker down tomorrow... We all know how quickly things can change with lake effect snow...

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Good idea Debbie, stay warm, stay safe, hugs, Karen

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Christmas in January for me too, Genesee County is expecting 7 inches beginning late tonight and extending through tomorrow. Tell all the pets they will get their cards and gifts in January, as will all of you, Buster, Santa heard you talking loud on the phone when your mom was trying to talk to Karen, you will be getting 2 gifts, one for naughty and one for nice. Take care everyone, stay safe and warm, love Karen

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited December 2013

So we are not meeting tomarrow. Jan. it will be just let me know.

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Hi Betty, I think Susan and Cheryl were still planning to go, why don't you give them a call, if you need the cell numbers shoot me a PM and I will PM them back to you, it is just going to be really bad here in Genesee County, Debbie would need to drive through here to get to Williamsville, I am just really a chicken about white out conditions and that is what they are forecasting. What is a good weekend for you in January? We were really lucky last winter with the weather being so mild, we never missed a month.

• heymoose
    edited December 2013

Hi all,

I would like to go to lunch if anyone else is. I will check in the morning to see who will be going.

Hugs, Cheryl