Western New York Area

Comments

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2013

got it. going to bookmark the website...

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited November 2013

Hi All, Yes, I am on for the 14th. Computer troubles again but hanging in there until I get a new one. Maureen-you have been in my prayers. Hoping you are feeling better! Hugs to you...

Susan

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited November 2013

hi girlfriends. It's confirmed mets to my bone. Early very few mets in l and thorax region. Hormone treatment for now until I get another progression. Needless to say my biggest fear is realized. Now we move forward

Luv you all

Maureen

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited November 2013

Maureen, I am so sorry you are going through this. We will move forward with you. Saying prayers for you.

Hugs, Cheryl

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2013

Maureen, so sorry. Hugs...

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited November 2013

Dear Maureen, saying prayers, anything you need - we are here for you, we will walk with you dear friend. love, Karen

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited November 2013

Maureen, I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but we will be with you every step of the way.

Love, Jan

• Maureen813
    edited November 2013

Thanks all. Nora with me every step of the way today. Can't say enough good about her. Scared to say the least. Going to lay sown for a while post later

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited November 2013

Dear Maureen, I am so sorry to hear of this progession. Praying for strength for you and I am here for support in any way..

Love ,

Bevin

• LoriWNY
    LoriWNY Member Posts: 178
    edited November 2013

Maureen--I am so sorry to hear about the bone mets. My thoughts are with you. Please take care of yourself and listen to what your body tells you.

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited November 2013

Dear Mauren,

So sorry to hear the news and that you have to go through this. I ditto everyone here. We are here if you need us and will be with you through it all. Hugs, love, and strength to you.

Susan

• LoriWNY
    LoriWNY Member Posts: 178
    edited November 2013

This was posted by someone else in the implant sizing thread but it is really worth watching:

Breast Cancer, the Musical

http://youtu.be/1rTuVi_EuBM

• Maureen813
    edited November 2013

cute

• karen333
    edited November 2013

Hi Maureen, sooo good to see you, that is a cute video, It's time for me to get measured for my two prescription bras, I wonder if they will offer music to be fitted to lol. Didn't know I was entitled to them until you told me at the BC Education Seminar the year we first went. love to you, Karen I was cleaning up papers and my phone list went missing again, Cheryl is bringing extras to our luncheon. Hugs to all.

• Maureen813
    edited November 2013

I'm having an infusion on the 13th so we need to wait and see

• karen333
    edited November 2013

Dear Maureen, prayers are being said by so many people, we will wait and see and continue to pray, love, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited November 2013

Thanks sweetheart.

• bevin
    edited November 2013

Made my first home made pumpking pies this weekend. who hooo.. This will be my second Turkey. I'm starting to feel like a grown up....

Getting ready for the big feast and of course will say a big prayer of thanks for having all of you in my life , and for you Maureen that you stay well and are given strength.

Hugs to everyone.

• DC197
    DC197 Member Posts: 58
    edited November 2013

Maureen, I get Zometa infusions, too. Tell them to run a slower drip, and it might not affect you as much. Hope it helps.

~~Diane

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited November 2013

Maureen, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you strength and courage. We are all with you.

Hugs Cheryl

• Maureen813
    edited November 2013

Thanks all,  Bev,  pumpkin pie from scratch?  I'm impressed :)  thanks for all the well wishes, and a great suggestion Diane,  I think I will absoutely make that request.  Where do you go for infusions?  Maybe we can have an infusion date LOL.  So this week is about being grateful.  I am so grateful I have all of you wonderful ladies walking beside me even when we're walking toward the storm instead of away from it.  Let's hope it's just a nice summer sprinkle and not a tornado.  Have fun with thanksgiving festivities.  I don't type well on my phone so I type as little as possible.  They are working on the compatibility with my kindle and I can't wait.  I need to babble with my friends LOL>  I've decided to not decide anything until next year.  That way I can breathe and make some good decisions after the shock.  For now, let's enjoy the holidays.

Love,
    Maureen

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited November 2013

Maureen. babble away, I also got Zometta, and Nora and the other RNs will infuse it slow for you, after the first one you usually arn,t bothered by the 2nd one.  Call if you want, I don't want to bother you.  Love Betty

• Maureen813
    edited November 2013

Betty you'd never bother me. I'm just staring at nothing trying to get my head around all of this. I didn't have bone pain till they started treating it lol. Man today I feel like I'm 100 yrs old. Went to work and I hate the pity looks. It just pisses me off. So I went home early and told them I will work at home tomorrow. Off the rest of the week. I have a great employer so for that I am very grateful. It keeps me motivated to do well. Other companies should stand up and take notice for they'd learn an invaluable lesson. It speaks volumes when you have support through a difficult time

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited November 2013

Maureen,

I am so sorry that you are facing another difficult progression of this horrible disease. I hope you're finding some comfort from your family & I know all your friends on here, including myself, are praying for you!

I wish you peace & joy this Thanksgiving holiday & like everyone here has been telling me; take one day at a time.

Love,

Linda

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving to all you wonderful, beautiful & strong women! Love, Linda

• karen333
    edited November 2013

I am so thankful your boss has a great heart, some day I want to see you pissed off, I bet you are a force to be reckoned with!!! I am starting the holiday season early, the tree goes up on Thursday. I need those clear mini lights and metallic cloth ribbon to bring the glow of the season in, as always it will be tied off as Sophie loves to bat the ornaments around and has been known to try to climb up this wonderful toy. What is on the holiday list for Buster and Tucker and our newest addition, Daphne? I heard Buster sing to Betty, he is one talented boy.

• DC197
    DC197 Member Posts: 58
    edited November 2013

Maureen, I'm in Rochester, so I get my infusions at RGH. But if you ever find yourself in Rochester, pm me and we will meet.

This is the week to really think of all the blessings we have, good families, good friends, good doctors, good (?) medicines. :) Well, we could be going through this in a Third World country, so we should be grateful for all the support we have. My sincerest wishes to all for a very Happy Thanksgiving.

(((hugs)))

Diane

• Maureen813
    edited November 2013

Linda thank you for your kind words and compassion as you face your most difficult situation. I wish you peace my friend. And many quiet happy moments for thanksgiving.

Diane you are right on the money. I will find my way to Rochester at some point and we will absolutely have lunch. I'll pick karen up on the way. It needs to be in the spring as all my wny friends know. I am not a winter person. God made a mistake when he landed me in buffalo

Karen. I haven't thought about Xmas decorating yet and I'm sure tucker is going to be a treat. We usually put the tree in the family room but thinking that's a no go. Probably the living room with the French doors blocking my friend lol

Stay safe in this nasty storm and enjoy your thanksgiving

• bevin
    edited November 2013

I'm on a roll, tonight made a home made french apple pie... I just wish I could get in o cleaning the piles of papers off my dining room table now so that we'd have a place to eat come Thursday!! argh... hate cleaning. It's time to invest in a housekeeper!

• Maureen813
    edited November 2013

Apple Pie sounds delicious pile the papers in a box and enjoy. I had a housekeeper for years loved her but she graduated from college and I don't trust anyone like I trusted her. She was a peach and had OCD so cleaned like a maniac.