Western New York Area

Comments

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited November 2013

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY FRIENDS, may we all be Blessed this year.

I am cooking as I do every thanksgiving,  my babies are sleeping over tonight so they can help me prepare dinner lol.  Erica and Brian are running the Turkey trot.  Love Betty

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited November 2013

Hi Betty, my daughter who works with your son in law said she met your little granddaughter. Brian had her at work....said she's adorable.

Thanksgiving blessings to all my friends here!

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving to all my dear friends, I am so lucky to have all of you and Buster, Tucker and Daphne love, Karen

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited November 2013

Maureen- hah - that's just what I did. All the clutter put in a box and delivered to the garage. Dining table set, kitchen fairly clean and hopefully ready to watch the Macy day parade in the morning.

Happy Thanksgiving friends!

Love,

Bevin

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited November 2013

Happy thanksgiving. I love the Macys day parade. So glad all the travelers are making their way to destinations. And I must admit the snow is very beautiful today. Now it can go away lol

Have a wonderful day ladies

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. I hope all of you are smiling today! I plan on a massive nap after dinner... LOL.

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited November 2013

Happy Thanksgiving Ladies,

I am thankful for all of you as my friends. Had brunch at my step daughters and it was great. now we are on our way to Rochester for dinner at my sisters. Hanve a great day and naps all around.

Hugs, Cheryl

• bevin
    edited November 2013

Why is it my Turkey always cooks faster than the charts say....

• Maureen813
    edited December 2013

hope your holiday went well. I will admit mine was less than stellar. Met some wonderful women on the sIV boards and they provided me with some hope. Not going to make any decisions until I hear from the medical board for 2nd opinion and the new year I will try to make the lunch but as I told karen. I get injection the day before and I didn't feel so good after the first one. Hopefully number two is kinder I better get used to it it's not going away. Started putting the tree up moving the location to the living room to accommodate my buddy tucker lol.

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Good morning really early, so good to see you Maureen, I so hope number two will treat you better. I assume the tree is behind doors, our furry friends are so thrilled when they see a tree hung with so many batable toys, Betty, I am now officially a pet rescuer like you, but mine sings meow, instead of that thrilling talk Buster saves for you. My daughter went on an estimate to paint a landlord's apartment, his renters flew the coop leaving their part Siamese behind, well, call mom time, I know have Mac, we had to give him a name, he is named after a basketball player Mcgredy, DGS won the right to name him. my cats are less than thrilled, I have my spray bottle with me at all times, Mac has made his home for now in the computer room, so I can close him in at night. So far, he is a doll, good old moms! Crossing everything crossable ladies, that the injection will be kind. love, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited December 2013

haha. Why do our kids bring home stray animals? I figure I did something right as they all have hearts of gold. Crazy didn't get Xmas stuff up had unexpected bit absolutely welcome company. Funny I seem to care less and less what the house looks like when company drops by. That's a good thing.

• karen333
    edited December 2013

The tree is wired over to the window sashes, we had a tipped tree three years ago, took me forever to decorate it and found it the next morning with it's top half laying on the dining room table. She brings up orphaned squirrels too, those stay downstairs!!

• bevin
    edited December 2013

Good Morning everyone, I can not believe it's December 1st. Time is flying way to quickly and I feel like the holidays will flyu by and I wont even have enjoyed them. I'm hoping we get our tree today, tomorrow at the latest. I need to get my husband away from the football games!

Luckily, my dog is too little and doesn't bother with the tree. I think she's allergic to it though.. tends to sneeze alot when we have it in the house.

Next big purchase is carpeting for my family room. Ours is falling apart. Anyone have any opine on where to buy good quality carpet and a brand name?

• kindone
    edited December 2013

Boy you girls are on the ball.  I don't get my tree up until the 15th, or so. Maureen suck it up you will be fine for lunchLoopy.  I hope to see you.  Thanksgiving went fine.  I cooked and everyone left earily.  Colleen I leave my turkey in 4hrs at 350. every year it turns out all the time.  i can't wait to see all my friends on the 14th.  Karen good luck with your new family member.  Love Betty

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Betty, so far he is my early Christmas present from my daughter, he is laying across my feet as I type this. He is full grown, probably 3-4, but has humongous feet. We did do something right as they cannot stand to see animals neglected, abused or just left behind, but and it is a big but, it always turns into mom's pet. Can't wait till the 14th, praying for good weather, love to all, Karen

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited December 2013

Hello Everyone and a belated Thanksgiving blessings to all of you. I am finally picking up the pieces from a busy Thanksgiving weekend. Had 20 at my house Thursday, a second Thanksgiving with friends Saturday. And two kids birthday parties. Good news--my turkey worked and feasted great! :) I am finally giving up on my computer and am on my phone now, although it is really hard getting through to this board. Really wish there was an app like Facebook! Daphne is doing great! As far as a tree, we just picked up a teeny tiny one from Lowe's yesterday because we won't be here for the holidays. Heading to France for 2 weeks, so everything is flipped on its head this year: minimal decorations and all the gifts and prep done early before we leave. Still thinking of you Maureen and sorry that work is uncomfortable. Yeah I do think changes need to be made at companies for sure. Hope you can make our lunch Maureen but wish even more that your treatment goes smoothly, so rest up if you need to. Hugs and strength. <3.

Love,

Susan

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Hi Susan, boy when you throw a dinner party, you throw a dinner party. When I cook Thanksgiving Day dinner, nothing is ready at the same time. Two weeks in France, will Daphne need to be boarded, there are some wonderful home-like B+B's for pets. Cannot wait to see everyone and if Maureen is not feeling bad, she will be with us too, hugs to all, Karen

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited December 2013

hi Karen! I have a very large family so it is always a big affair ;). I have a nice friend who wi be watching the animals and Daphne will be staying with her foster mom for Christmas Eve and Christmas so that my friend can spend Christmas with her family. Cannot wait to see you all. Soon. Hoping Maureen can make it too!!

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Hi Susan, I hope that shot on Friday treats her kindly so we can all be together, except for Linda, she works on Saturdays, so we will be missing her,be with us in spirit Linda. Cannot wait for the 14th, Jan do you have to work also, can you just pop in? As the newest pet additions, Daphne, Tucker and Buster get gift for Christmas. I talked to Betty on the phone once and he howl/talks the whole time she is on the phone, just like a little kid. Daphne will be well cared for over Christmas, she sure landed in dog heaven. I got a new rescue part Siamese, his name is Mac and he sleeps next to my head on the pillow with his arm thrown over my neck. My Susan is a painter and she got a call from a frantic landlord whose tenants had skipped out during the night, the whole apartment had to be painted and they left Mac behind, so I got one of those phone calls Betty got over Buster, "mom. he can't gp to the shelter for Christmas", She rushed home for the cat carrier, he is a love..

• karen333
    edited December 2013

WOW, what happened to the weather, it's freezing!! No snow on the 14th please, got to check the weather report, after I drink some coffee, need my wakeup coffee, hugs, Karen

• Skigirl72
    edited December 2013

Hi everyone. Just checking in and seeing how all of you are doing. I am looking forward to lunch next week. Getting everything ready for Christmas. My house is decorated (inside). Its so pretty. My son is "over Santa" so we dont have to play the "be good for Santa" thing. Someone asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I honestly said "I dont want anything. I have everything I want." I am alive, my family is healthy and I am working hard to pay bills. I have great friends new and old and I feel blessed. Treatment was a bitch. I am thankful for the good days.... See you all on the 14th.

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Debbie, how beautiful your post is and we are gratefull to have you as a part of our circle, can't wait to see your hair!!! My tree went up Thanksgiving night, it an artificial but is pretty lifelike, it has ornaments that each have a history, my daughter made one for each year of grammar school, a star from our beloved Esther, many crocheted from my mom who passed away when I was in my late 30's, two for a Special Teacher, the angel from my first mother-in-law that sits atop the tree, she was so in love with my daughter, little chains of intricate paper cut reindeer, my girlfriend makes one each year, she glues them onto raffia so you can hang them from the tree, most are less than 1.5 inches tall, this year there are little tny babies, she will be a grandma for the first time in May. I'm leaving it up til february!!!! hugs to all, Karen

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Where is everybody, shopping? I just finished placing an order to Drs.'s Foster and Smith,cat/dog catalog, you won't find Advantage any cheaper anywhere, got a breakaway collar for Mac and his name tag, it is a Saint Francis ID tag with all his info on it,, also ordered the St. Francis tag for Sophie, she is like Buster, needs all the help she can get. Hissing only coming from Emma, she has been squirted twice with the spray bottle and been sent to her room twice, I'll let her out now so we can try again. hugs to all, Karen

• Skigirl72
    edited December 2013

Well, My 11 yr old son wants a PS4... They are expensive (holy crap!). I told him he had to sell all his DS games and all his Wii games. He has raised about half the money needed for the system... Looks like he can get one now for Christmas. Only problem is I cant find any for sale. LOL I told him he might have to wait till after Christmas. And I told him that would be his ONLY Christmas present. He said OK! YAY.... No shopping for the kid this year!!!!! Well, I might buy him a couple of games....

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Debbie, you're raising a fine boy with the life lessons you are teaching him now, hugs, Karen

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited December 2013

Hi Everyone, it's amazing how taking a little part time job seems to take up more time than I thought. I am working next Sat so I won't be able to join you for lunch. But I will be thinking of each of you. Some changes here at my house.....older daughter moved out and into an apt. She was living away, but came home after a bad break up. She's been with us for about two years and the suddenly decided she wants to live on her own. So she found a place, signed a lease and moved some of her things a little at a time during the week and then on sat her dad helped her move her bedroom set. She's excited to set things up her way and decorate, so I'm excited for her. So now it's just husband, son, dog and me.

Trying to get ready for Christmas, house is decorated as is the tree. I've done very little shopping mostly online. Even though I work in the mall, I don't do much shopping there because when I'm done, I just wanna go home. Gonna try to get some cleaning done tomorrow before work. It seems if I don't do it on Monday, it never gets done. I find too many other things to do.

Well I hope you are all doing well, remembering each of you in my prayers everyday. Love, Jan

• Skigirl72
    edited December 2013

Last year when I was recovering from surgery, I did all my shopping online.... It was perfect, I found the things my son wanted and they showed up at the door! All I had to do was go to the Hallmark store for cards.

• karen333
    edited December 2013

Hi all, that's the way to go, the price of the perfect card is unreal though, had to find just the right one for Susan, Mica and Addison, wow, close to $15! Off to get a special pen to add a special touch to all the cards for all of you, so excited about Saturday, the weather is supposed to be good, HURRAY. Betty, will Buster be OK with a card from a boxed assortment I bought at the end of last Dec.? lol, Tucker and Daphne too. b.evin, I don't know your little one's name love to all you wonderful ladies, Karen

• kindone
    edited December 2013

Hello lovely ladies, M y house is done as much as it going to be.  We will get our tree at the end of the week.  Friday I will make cookies, shopping its not Christmas Eve yet. lol.  Looking forward to seeing all on Saterday.

• Maureen813
    edited December 2013

love to you all. You've been some of the best friends I've ever had.