Comments

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited January 2014

Me too karen in your pocket !!!!

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited January 2014

Karen, praying for safe travel tomorrow and progress for all involved. Will be with you too! Love, Jan

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited January 2014

thank you Debbie, love Karen

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited January 2014

Karen, be safe tomorrow.  I am climbing in your pocket now.  Praying all goes well.  Let us know if you need a ride for saturday and we will work something out.

There were times today that I could not see the tree in my yard.  Boy was that snow blowing.  Had a Dr appoinment this morning at 8:30 and it was -1 when I left the house, returned a half hour later and have not left.  I made chili, chocolate chip cookies and polish suasage and sauerkraut for dinner.  I am exhausted also did not sleep well with the wind howling last night.  Also our upstairs toilet is frozen, this has never happened before. Oh well, thank goodness we have one on the first floor.

Stay safe and warm all.  Have a great night.

Hugs, Cheryl

• karen333
    edited January 2014

in my pocket please ladies, r hand side, so I know where to tap.

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited January 2014

Karen- we're here for you, drive safely!

• karen333
    edited January 2014

I felt you, I was calm, it was however largely a useless hour.  I will fill you in at lunch, car acted OK,  I will drive in on Sat.love and thanks to all of you, Karen

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited January 2014

hi to all you lovely ladies, Home from France and survived the blizzard, but boy, did it get bad here. I actually ventured out to go to physical therapy and was regretting it most of the way there. I finally got there (son in tow) and they were closed!! Most of the ride my visibility was close to 0%. My trip to Strasbourg, France  was great without much trouble except now I am dealing with my lymphadema again. Upper arm is tight and my breast and side are swollen. Thinking it was all the time we spent going up and down mountains in high altitude. Wearing my fancy bra and will use my sleeve if it doesn't get better. BC and its affects just never end, do they? Even three years later. While we were away, my friend was watching our house. A huge tree limb fell, luckily witout damage, she was licked out on Xmas eve without a coat she had to break in garage door. Then Daphne hurt her claw running and bled all over. . Luckily she stopped the bleeding and is fine. Now. I swear whenever we leave, somethjng always happens. It is no wonder I worry so much and for good reason. Anyway, happy new year to all of you. Hope your holidays were great! Looking forward to lunch Saturday and a much needed chocolate martini!! Love, Susan. 

• Maureen813
    edited January 2014

Glad you are back safe and sound. Travel over the holidays can be challenging  and arrive to a blizzard. Bring pics to the lunch.  

Betty did u get to go home yet?

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited January 2014

Hi ladies, I got home last night at 7pm, after 57 hrs.  I was so glad to get into my bed.  It really wasn't that bad.  Thanks for your offers to say at your home it's nice to know I can stay somewhere if I had to.  I can't wait for lunch.  Betty

• karen333
    edited January 2014

Dear Ladies, I will park in the Handicapped space if someone would help me carry my packages in and my O2, can't wait to see you all. I called yesterday to be sure they had the Godiva, cross your fingers. love Karen

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited January 2014

hi Karen! So your car is doing ok then? I have no problem helping you with your things. I can arrive a few minutes early to catch you-excited to see everyone! Do we have a final count? Susan

• karen333
    edited January 2014

Hi Susan, car is OK , that would be great if you could help me.  I've got 8 on final count with Linda being the only one not to make it, you will be missed Linda

• Maureen813
    edited January 2014

looking forward to tomorrow. 

Karen just stay in your car until you see one of us and we will help with stuff 

• karen333
    edited January 2014

Thanks Maureen, We'll see who is first, I've never been fought over, lol

• bevin
    edited January 2014

Karen- you're obviosuly well loved!! Good to be so cared for huh??

Not sure if I ever confirmed but I will be there. So hopefully , I'm counted as one of the 8. 

It will be good to see you all. Its been a long month of December and I could use some good friendship. See you all today.

• Maureen813
    edited January 2014

Looking forward to the lunch. After taking the vet

• karen333
    edited January 2014

hi ladies, wonderful  lunch, wonderful women, thank you for all your help.  Home, safe and sound, love Karen

• Maureen813
    edited January 2014

Glad you are home karen. It's getting nasty here 

All thank you for the wonderful afternoon. It was so nice to spend time with all of you thanks for being my friend. The gifts were a very lovely gesture  iris certainly deserves a treat after her tough day. 

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited January 2014

What a great lunch today!!!!! Our friendship, love and caring is such a tremendous gift we give to each other. The gifts are so special and thank you to all.  

Hugs to all, my special friends.

• janhart
    edited January 2014

Lunch was great, gifts were so thoughtful. Thank you all for your friendship.

• kindone
    edited January 2014

So enjoyed lunch with my friends, and the gifts were great. I can, t wait for the next one.  

Love Betty

• kindone
    edited January 2014

Karen Buster say thanks.  How are you doing?  How is everyone else.  I am at work now what is new.  Nothing new here.  Where is everyone?

• Maureen813
    edited January 2014

hey there doing ok go for my infusion next week. Dh is sicker than a dog so I'm sleeping on the couch. Hope everyone is well ?

Need to ask advice: what brand of facial moisturizer does everyone use? I've developed sensitivity to everything. 

• bevin
    edited January 2014

I use Obaji which you can buy at the center for plastic surgery. You will love it, not perfumy, not greasy.

• karen333
    edited January 2014

Hi ladies, so glad Buster liked his gift, figure a big guy like him could have it gone in 5 min, while bevin's baby is still working on his.  Betty, I need you to tell me to suck it up, things are tense here, I see my therapist on Mon., can't come soon enough.  I hold your angels while I watch television, they are comforting.  Maureen I use Olay regenerist, it is mild and not greasy at all. Jan, thanks for the guidance, I so appreciate it.  Everybody stay warm, love Karen  

• Maureen813
    edited January 2014

Thanks for the facial cream suggestions. Did someone say spring?  Where is that Phil guy?  He needs to come out of the box now !!! 

Karen. Suck it up lol

So sitting here looking at snow covered deck and decided to remember a time of giving tucker a bone and reading the Sunday morning paper in the sunshine. It's already 70 degrees before 9am in the  morning. My vitamin d is raising just from the thought   Now to reality: it's 19 degrees and I'm going to do laundry because reaching into the dryer is warm lol  I think its time for all of us to take a trip to see dd  have a wonderful Sunday and stay warm this week. It's suppose to be another cold spell. Damn that polar vortex 

• bevin
    edited January 2014

Maureen et al....

UGH, I was thinking the same thing.. plus , that I'm getting old.. I am tired of the snow, I find it pretty to look at , but no longer enjoy it.! I've decided retirement must be to a warmer climate like north carolina, etc.. and a place with lower taxes!  Can't stand giving my hard earned money to the government.

Its not even snowing hard, little tiny flurries, but Its making me NOT want to run to wegmans for much needed groceries.

Yeah to a day off of work tomorrow!

• Maureen813
    edited January 2014

lucky you are off of work tomorrow. Go to wegmans tomorrow.  

• janhart
    edited January 2014

Same thoughts here about the weather......really tired of this. The wind is picking up and the week's forecast is too darn cold. We're picking up my husbands 80 something aunt to come over for dinner, so we have sauce simmering on the stove and brownies in the oven. It's a good cooking/baking day/week. 

Watching a documentary on the building of the basilica in Lackawanna......so amazing to look at. 

Keeping all of your special needs in my prayers this week. 

Love, Jan