Western New York Area

Comments

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited January 2014

Jan, when the weather gets warmer we're going to have to finally begin those walks and get some excercise!

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited January 2014

Hi ladies,

It sounds like you had a nice luncheon; wished I could've been there.  Maureen, I use Avon Moisture Cream on my face; I have allergies & it works fine.

I agree w/ you about being tired of winter.  I am getting too old for this weather.  We are facing another polar vortex this week.  WHERE IS SPRING?

Tomorrow, after work, I have my 1st mammogram & ultrasound since my surgery & radiation treatments.  Before I had BC, it didn't bother me to go; get squished & be done.  Now I'm feeling very anxious.  Guess I'll just have to suck it up, like everything else!

Last week, I was sick w/ a virus but still managed to go to work & take care of my Mother.  She is testing my patience; refuses to put her boots on or use her walker when I have to take her places!  

Next week, I have an eye exam; it's been almost 3 years & I really need new glasses.  Then in February, I have 5 Dr appts.  Since being diagnosed w/ BC last year, I had to put all of my other medical issues on hold, but now I have to deal w/ them.  I can feel reality slapping me right in the face!  

Hope you are all doing okay & stay warm this week!  

Love,

Linda

• bevin
    edited January 2014

Linda - good luck with your Mammo. Wishing you a peaceful sleep tonight and good results tomorrow.

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited January 2014

We're in your pocket with you tomorrow Linda. We missed you at lunch. You've got this.

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited January 2014

Linda, good luck with mammo tomorrow.

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited January 2014

Just jumped in Linda  hugs, Karen

• janhart
    edited January 2014

going to bed......it's so cold. Wake me in the spring.

• Maureen813
    edited January 2014

crazy cold 

Linda how did the mammo go?

• janhart
    edited January 2014

Still cold......yes, Linda, how was your mammo? Does anyone watch Nashville?

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited January 2014

Linda, how did the mamo go?

Hate the cold weather we are having. It really sucks.  I'm with you Jan, wake me when it is spring.

Hugs and prayres to all.

• janhart
    edited January 2014

Weather for tomorrow.....cold, snow, wind. Weather for next week....colder, snowier, windier. Ugh.....So sick of this winter.

• karen333
    edited January 2014

Me too Jan, it just seems to go on and on with no let up in sight.  And to think we have not even gotten to February yet.

• bevin
    edited January 2014

Linda.. do we need to come out there and get you?? Praying you are okay. 

Hugs to all, stay warm...

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited January 2014

Colleen, LOL!  I wish I could go away; somewhere very WARM!

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes!    I had the mammo & ultrasound on Tuesday; I was very anxious but the woman doing the mammo was so nice & compassionate.  She apologized to me ahead of time about having to hurt me!  I didn't mind having the ultrasound; she even warmed the gel!  

On a different note, yesterday after work, I had to have a biopsy done.  This past week I was having some back pain & then a few nights ago, I woke up in severe abdominal pain & was bleeding.  I thought to myself, WTF now?   My Dr said it could take up to a week for the results.  I went to work today even though I was very uncomfortable, to say the least.  I'm trying not to get too stressed out about this until I know what the problem is.  

So feel free to jump in @ anytime!  

Hope everyone is doing well & staying warm.

Hugs,  Linda

• karen333
    edited January 2014

Linda, jumping in.

• Maureen813
    edited January 2014

Right withy Linda.  I hate friggin cancer and I'm cold  and cranky 

I'm visualizing complaining it's too hot outside and turning the air on lol 

• janhart
    edited January 2014

Linda, right here with you....I hate the wait for results! Praying for good results.

I've been sitting on the couch for two days with a blanket to keep warm. Started reading The Hunger Games and can't put it down. Have about forty pages left but my eyes are so tired. I think I'll save the rest for tomorrow, probably won't be going out into this stupid winter storm we're suppose to get. Oh well, then I can start the second book of the Hunger Games. 

• Maureen813
    edited January 2014

jan they are great books I've read all three. Couldn't put them down. Two of the books were made into movies.  I always think the books are better than the movies 

Tucker was neutered on thurs poor guy. They still can't find other testicle so he was cut three times. My poor baby  he looks so sad 

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited January 2014

Linda praying for good results .  Maureen, Tucker will recover in no time and then you'll wish she would settle down.  I am at Amberliegh until 9 pm.  Is warm in here, to warm for me. Lol.  Nothing new on my front just working.  Karen how are you?  When is our next lunch. 

Love Betty

• karen333
    edited January 2014

Hi all, just trying to stay warm in this hideous weather, it is snowing sideways right now and the wind is blowing.  i am afraid i am getting cabin fever, went out yesterday with my grandson to get "provisions", could not believe how cold it was, and it was in the teens.  Betty, Debbie when are your next Saturdays off in February and we will plan around that.  I am so tired of looking at snow!!   hugs, Karen 

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited January 2014

Karen Feb is out.  We can plan for March I am off on March 8, 22. But don' t go just by meNerdy

How is everyone doing? Is it cold enough for you.  I don't feel like I am missing anything by working so much, it makes time go by fast, winter be over soon.

Love Betty

• Maureen813
    edited January 2014

Ok sick of complaining about the weather so  let's play a game. Of finish my sentence. Here goes

It's so cold in wny that..........

• nickel100
    nickel100 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2014

If any one is from Rochester NY and have  any information on Dr. Lori Medeiros i would greatly appreciate it. I have been recommended to see her for my surgeon. If anybody has input on to how good she is i would like to hear it.

• Maureen813
    edited January 2014

Hi nickel. A few girls are from Rochester and I'm sure they will come along and answer soon

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited January 2014

Hi Ladies, Hi Nickel. I am in Rochester. I just sent you a PM. 

I. am. so. cold....... I love to ski and this is too cold even for me.... I dont leave the house unless its to go to work. I figure I can wipe out my food pantry and shop in a month when it warms up.....

• janhart
    edited January 2014

OK  Maureen, it is so cold in WNY, that we all must have frostbite. I haven't seen anyone around here in days. Hope you are all trying to keep warm!

• Maureen813
    edited January 2014

A good one I heard. It's so cold in wny the sun applied for heap

• SeasideMemories
    SeasideMemories Member Posts: 2,462
    edited January 2014

Maureen,

A couple good ones I've seen lately..

It's so cold in wny (and central ny) that you eat ice cream just to warm up!  and It's so cold out that teenagers have pulled their pants up...lol!

We broke a record here for number of days where the temperature fell below zero in January.  Mid-twenties today!  Going to feel like a heat wave....

• Maureen813
    edited January 2014

Lol love the pants one. 

Another one. It's so cold outside hell froze over and the bills won the Super Bowl 

Hahahahaha

• SeasideMemories
    SeasideMemories Member Posts: 2,462
    edited January 2014

A couple more...

It's so cold out that instead of the finger, New Yorkers are giving each other the mitten!

or

It's so cold out that when I went to Subway and bought one of their $5.00 foot-longs by the time I got to my car it was only 6- inches!  

Edited to add: Good one on the Bills and hell freezing over.  Sad but, recently, all too true!