Comments

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited March 2014

Betty.. thats blasphemous for a nice south buffalo girl Winking

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited March 2014

Not a drop of Irish on my or my husbands side. But every year like clockwork, I buy the brisket at Wegman's and cook the corned beef and cabbage and potatoes and carrots and we love it! 

• bevin
    edited March 2014

Hi Jan- I agree, Irish or not........, its a necessary treat in March. Wegmans also had an Irish soda bread that looked yummy. I may neeed to pick that up too.

Red Carpet tonight.. Oscars anyone?

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited March 2014

Irish soda bread yummy. Started watching the oscars. Now just cruising the net 

• Maureen813
    edited March 2014

All this food talk is making me hungry. That's an accomplishment. Keep it up ladies !!!

• bevin
    edited March 2014

Maureen.. funny how the mind can do that to us.. I can also see a commercial and then get hungry. Especially the commercial for the grapevine restaurant where they show all those yummy mac and cheese dishes!

As for the oscars, the entertainment has been good but I'm off to bed now. Work in the morning and hoping to get more than 4 winks in!

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited March 2014

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I have been away for so long.  Are we still on for lunch on Saturday?  What time?

Love corned beef and cabbage, can't wait to have some.  Will catch up on Saturday.

Hugs to all, Cheryl

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited March 2014

Hi Cheryl, we are booked for 5, maybe 6 if Debbie can make it on March 8th at 1:00, can't wait to see everyone.  Dr. wants Maureen to stay out of crowds because of the risk of infection, can we bring you a take out, the breakfast and carrot cake for dessert, we will pick the healthiest one of us to deliver it?  love, Karen

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited March 2014

I am out for the 8th. Boss is out of town and guess who is second in command?? :(

• Maureen813
    edited March 2014

Miss all of you so much. off to HAVE MY HEARING CHECKED this am. Hahaha. Have constant ringing in my ears. I think I need brain checked for living in a tundra for months on end. It has to get better. Don Paul says next week is warm up. I still have hair although very dry and brittle. 

• heymoose
    edited March 2014

Thanks Karen see you on Saturday.  Will miss all who can not make lunch.

Good luck at the hearing place, Maureen.  The warm up can't come soon enough.  I am so sick of this cold weather.

Maureen, let me know if you need anything, we are all here for you.

Hugs

• janhart
    edited March 2014

Sorry for the late notice, but my older daughters fiancé is coming in from Albany for the weekend. His mom asked if I would go with Angela and Matt to check out some places for the after rehearsal get together and since their schedule is so tight I have to go when they can go. Sorry, I will be missing those that are at lunch.

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited March 2014

Karen, how many are there for lunch.  Should we reschedule?  Let me know. Betty

• karen333
    edited March 2014

There are 4 of us, shall we do both weekends - the 8th and the 22nd, one in Batavia, maybe the 22nd so Debbie can make it?  Or just do the one on the 22nd so Jan, maybe Debbie and maybe Maureen, if she is out of quarentine, let me know.

• kindone
    edited March 2014

can we shot for the 22nd betty

• karen333
    edited March 2014

Let's go with the 22nd in Williamsville, I am counting Betty, Cheryl, Jan, me, Susan, Debbie and hopefully Maureen and Bevin.  I will cancel the 8th reservation and reschedule after hearing from those who cannot make it.  That would be at 1 so the lunch crowd gets a chance to clear out with.   That would make 8 of us to enjoy each other.

• Maureen813
    edited March 2014

crossing fingers karen. Sorry didn't call u back. I was talking to Cheryl  then dinner and nap. Hearing test ok not deaf yet  freezing but not deaf. I will call u tomorrow am

• bevin
    edited March 2014

Ash Wednesday. .. who is giving up something?  I'm thinking maybe sweets. Gosh forbid I try alcohol.. then no chocolate martinis :)

• Maureen813
    edited March 2014

Not sure. Can I give up cancer? Lol 

• bevin
    edited March 2014

Maureen, I will pray each day during lent that St Jude heals you and makes you NED.

• janhart
    edited March 2014

I am joining Bevin in that daily prayer.

• kindone
    edited March 2014

Count me in St Jude is my man, to intercede. Betty.  Maureen you are in good hands

• SeasideMemories
    SeasideMemories Member Posts: 2,462
    edited March 2014

Ladies I will join you in prayer this Lenten season for Maureen and all who need healing.

This is a picture I took of St Jude's altar in St Patrick's Cathedral when we were in NYC back in November. I attended mass there and after I lit a candle and prayed.  According to the guide it is the most visited altar there second only to the Lady's Chapel.  

If you've never been to St Patrick's it is just breathtaking.  Even with all of the construction that's taking place.

• heymoose
    edited March 2014

Joining in on the daily prayers for Maureen and all who need them.  Sorry we are not having lunch.  Miss all of you!!!!!!

• karen333
    edited March 2014

I was in St.Patricks when I was 12, I can remember it being huge and awesome, it literallu takes your breath away.  Count me in for daily prayer during Lent for our girl, that the chemo brings her back to NED.

• Maureen813
    edited March 2014

Thank you for the wonderful prayers. I know with this group we are loud and clear. Only one chemo today as platelets were too low. Off next week and dd is he for a couple of days   Ds took me to chemo and he was a gem helpings with coat et all. 

Btw we were at st. Pat's a few years ago when we toured ny with my missing in action son. Haven't seen him since 2011.

• bevin
    edited March 2014

Beautiful picture. 

Maureen- I am sorry I do not think I knew about your son . I'm sorry you have so much to deal with. Not that it will help but they say god only gives you as much as you can bare. You are one strong lady and we will help you to be even stronger.

Love 

B

• Maureen813
    edited March 2014

thanks Bev.  I'm feeling like Hercules lately woo pops must be the steroids. Funny think I'm building a resistance because it's not giving me my high just keeping me awake 

• Maureen813
    edited March 2014

karen how did you like criminal minds?  That was a weird show yesterday. 

• Maureen813
    edited March 2014

Oh good news for the day: my boss got promoted so he probably won't be my boss and they only a Approved disability until may. So what the hell happens after may?