Comments

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited March 2014

ok wrong time!! Oh brother. :)

• cdelv66
    cdelv66 Member Posts: 76
    edited March 2014

SusanHG - When they invited me in an above post, they were meeting at 1:00.  

• SusanHG
    edited March 2014

thanks cd :). I figured it out eventually :)

Thank you ladies for a nice lunch.

Betty: hope you are feeling better 

Maureen- hope you are doing ok after your latest chemo. My thoughts are always with you. Sending you healing <3

Susan

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited March 2014

Hello ladies am so so so sorry I couldn't make lunch. I just didn't feel good, I still don't fell great. Stomach 

Just a bug I guess.  I miss seeing you all and I'll see you at the next lunch.  

Love Betty

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited March 2014

Hi all, it was a cozy luncheon but we missed you Betty, Maureen, bevin, Debbie and Linda.  Love it when we are all together, by April the weather (fingers crossed) will be pleasant and hopefully we will fill the table.  Betty have had that stomach bug at our house too.  It is not long lasting but while it is there you really feel lousy.  Have been busy with getting income tax paperwork together, uggh, I always wait too long. hugs to all of you, Karen

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited March 2014

I missed all of you too. Hope your lunch was wonderful. Who had dessert ?  :)

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited March 2014

Maureen, we were all very good and refrained from dessert.  What the heck was wrong with us. Ha ha ha

Betty glad you are feeling better.  Debbie and Linda missed you in rochester this past weekend, hope we can catch up soon their.

Bevin hope you had a great saturday.

Karen, Susan and Jan thanks for a great lunch.

Hugs to all, Cheryl

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited March 2014

Sounds like you had a nice luncheon but now I don't feel as bad since I wasn't the only one that missed it.  

Cheryl, call me when you're gonna be in Rochester.  I can't always get on here ( I have to "steal" someone else's wifi & most of the time the signal is very weak).

Susan, sounds like your FIL is showing good signs from his stroke.  

Jan, are you still on jury duty?  Hope not!

Betty, hope you are feeling much better.

Welcome to CD from PA

Karen, Maureen, Colleen, Debbie, hope all is well.

As for me, I'm in the middle of a big mess w/ Social Security & Medicare.  SS is penalizing me because I'm on HIS health Insurance, so my premium for Medicare will be 10% more in July when my coverage begins!  

After work today, I had to have my car serviced.  An expense I wasn't planning on!  Had to have it fixed cause I can't afford a new one anytime soon.  

Hugs to All!

Love,

Linda

• Maureen813
    edited March 2014

Hi Linda. Thanks for update. 

Karen the sauté butter was delicious. 

Cheryl. Thanks great talking to you

Bev jan deb Betty. Hello

Ok it's snowing again. Isn't it pretty. It makes everything so clean. Blah blah blah just go away. Going to climb into Jammie's and curl up in a blanket

• heymoose
    edited April 2014

Hi all you lovely ladies,

Looks like a great day today, did I hear 60's for today.  It almost makes me want to go and work in my gardens, remember I said almost.  Ha ha ha

Enjoy the sun and warmth.

Hugs, Cheryl

• Maureen813
    edited April 2014

my outside thermometer says 70. Can you believe that?  And it doesn't have a minis sign in front of it lol. Went to Mary's place and got another wig then took dog to the dog park he ran around then we both took a nap. Perfect day

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited April 2014

Maureen, sounds good, the nap and all. Gotta love the dog. Mine got lose and took off after another lab today.

• SusanHG
    edited April 2014

hi ladies! Beautiful day today. Opened up grill and tried to drag some furniture out of she'd. Only ended up with two chairs though! Cheryl- I wanted to garden too!! But I know that this may be just a tease. Or at least it is better not to get too excited ;). My son and I played some archery and we played fetch with Daphne. She is darn good at fetch for a greyhound!

FIL is still not fully awake but getting there. Hubby flies home Thursday. It may be another week before FIL is off ventilator due to a little pneumonia, but still looking better every day. I think once he is off vent he willl be more liable to actually wake up. I know I would probably want to sleep too with all those tubes. Backups are arriving to take hubby's place with my MIL. 90 minutes drive to hospital so three hours of driving every day for them. 

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the mild temperatures. 

Have my genetics appointment at Roswell tomorrow. Testing for some new genes (already had BRAC tests and were negative). I guess it is better to be safe. 

Love

Susan. 

• Maureen813
    edited April 2014

Thanks for update Susan. Safe travels for dh. There is a new gene identified called brat (appropriate IMHO) I was negative for the gene. Prayers to your mom and father in law for the best possible outcome 

Love to you all

Maureen

Ps. I think I'm getting to a better place slowly. Thank you for all the support and caring BFF forever!!!

• karen333
    edited April 2014

Aah Susan such good news, great weather, gardening plans, could it be spring.  Maureen - I was just thinking that you have come to a better place, I can hear it in your voice and in your messages.  Thank God you started this thread where we can be so involved in each others' joys and struggles,  You are one smart lady.  How are all the dogs and dog owners doing with this soupy mud, lots of cleaning of fleet I bet, love to all, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited April 2014

muddy feet for sure. Carry a towel everywhere or just try to convince people around the house that I have new flooring with a paw print design hahahaha

• heymoose
    edited April 2014

Maureen, love the paw print floor idea, I think people will go for that.  Good luck with your infusion on thursday, I will be in your pocket.

Susan continued prayers for your fil and safe flight for hubby.

Sunny once again today and it feels good.  Not complaining but it would be nice to have a couple of 60 degree days in a row. Just saying!!!!!

Okay, so now I am cooking dinner, I usually make reservations but alas not so much anymore.  So can someone tell me what to do with 100 lbs. of chicken I found in my freezer?  Okay maybe not 100 lbs. (Hahahaha) I have so much meat in the freezer that I am trying to clean it out before I buy any more. I know, I could get a job and continue to make reservations, but I like being home. Oh well the vacation is over, now looking for a job. 

Jan, Betty, Bevin, Linda, Debbie and Karen, I hope you are doing well and enjoying the sunshine.

Hugs and prayers to all, Cheryl 

• SusanHG
    edited April 2014

hi again,

Well, it looks like when I was genetically tested three years ago, they were not testing for a certain variant. Yes, Maureen, some call it BART. So I could have a mutation after all. If I do, it would make sense and I then have a chance to prepare. So, just in case, I will be thinking about a nipple sparing mastectomy and having my ovaries removed. With implants though, not with taking tissue from other places. I have a friend who did that (taking tissue from abdomen) and she could not stand up straight to walk for a good year!!. Thank god I had a boy because the risk for this mutation is considerably less for them (and less life altering). I go back in a month for results. 

I am so happy to hear you are in a better place, Maureen. And glad that your forming this group has helped you to get through the bad days. <3

Spring. It does seem like it is hear, doesn't it? Not too much trouble with doggie paws but my house is all hardwoods so just don't see the dirt ;). We are having so much fun taking Daphne out for runs. Running is her favorite thing in the world!!

Susan

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited April 2014

Hello Ladies,  I hope to find you all good.   I miss you all, I hate to miss lunch.  Susan you had a lot on your plate lately.  I hope your FIL is doing better.  I had the Brat test and it also came back neg.  I hope yours dose too.  My DD also had it and she. Was neg.  But they both are planning to have their breast removed with reconstrutction.  Erica first she is done having children.   

Maureen, I am praying for you every night  and I expect good results.  I will call you soon.  

Hello Karen,Jan,Bevin,Linda,Cheryl and anyone I misses.

I guess my stomach flu was a little more I am now on Prilosec, and still not felling right.  I might have to go for tests where they put the scope down your stomach., All ways something.  

I have to go back to work now.   Love Betty

• karen333
    edited April 2014

Hi ladies, trying to get our April luncheon set, this is a toughy, Betty has off today, so no go, also off the 19th, which is the day before Easter, figuring that is a no go too due to the Holiday, but maybe you all are super organized and the 19th will work, need some feedback on that.  Otherwise it takes us in to May.  Betty has vacation days in May,  the 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th and 25th, so it can be at 1:00 for all but bevin or 5:30 on either of those days.  Put your thinking caps on and give me some guidance, hugs, Karen 

• karen333
    edited April 2014

Oops, should read "vacation days in April".  radiation brain, can I still claim that?, I think not.

• karen333
    edited April 2014

bevin, take an afternoon off - play hooky, tell your boss I said it was OK!!

• heymoose
    edited April 2014

I should be good for all. let me know. Hugs to all.

• Maureen813
    edited April 2014

Unfortunately I've got stuff on all those dates. Either treatment or scans or ds 21st birthday and my husbands birthday. None of them I can miss. 

Btw going for pet scan cause rumors markers rose a little on Easter Monday so Easter will be a wash because I have to watch what I eat for pet scan :(

• SusanHG
    edited April 2014

Saturday the 19th may be out for me. Trying to find a night to go away with my husband for his 40th birthday. Thinking it might be Friday the 18th to the 19 th if we don't do it this weekend. (Probably Niagara on the Lake). 

FIL slowly getting better. Betty--thanks. That is good to hear that others had negative results. I will just wait for mine until I make any plans. 

Maureen: sorry to hear they have you coming in Easter Monday. :(. And sorry you can't find a date. I am always praying as well. 

And everyone else--hope you are well

Susan

p.s. Karen- my doc specifically told me there is no such thing as radiation brain (yes, I did ask). I would beg to differ though because I have had it ever since :P. 

• karen333
    edited April 2014

Susan, I don't know if I prefer radiation brain, dementia or Alzhiemers, 6 of one. half dozen of the other.  I found a magnet the other day that has a picture of an older woman and the caption reads if I am going to bend over to pick up something on the floor, I like to wait till there are a couple things down there to make it worth my while, lol  Susan, Jan.bevin, how are you on the noon time of Mon., Tues., Fri. , or 5:30's on either of those, we may have to slide into that first week of May.

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited April 2014

Hi all- 

Katen-  I may just be able to swing a lunch on a work day. If I can plan ahead I can work remotely and our favorite restaurant is a hop, skip , and a jump away. I could take an extended lunch time.

Susan- glad your father in law continues to show promise .  This is wonderful news.

Maureen- prayers continue each day for you. We understand your schedule needs and are here for you when and how you need us. 

everyone- I miss you all and cacan't wait to see you again.

• Maureen813
    edited April 2014

I called the docs office and had pet switched to Wednesday after Easter. I'm not missing all the Easter celebration for a stupid pet scan. Let me know what day of the week maybe I can join to for extended lunch

• karen333
    edited April 2014

WAY TO GO MAUREEN, YOU SET THE AGENDA!!!!!!  Tuesday the 22nd at noon so bevin can do an extended lunch break, note to Susan, I'm just messing with you on the times, lol, we are really meeting at noon, I count bevin, Susan, Jan, Betty, Maureen and Cheryl and me, Debbie and Linda if you can make it just let me know, I think May should be in Batavia to give the ladies a fighting chance, plus I'm getting so I can drive that route with my eyes closed and I want ribs!!  I'll call tomorrow and request table and bottle, love, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited April 2014

ok the 22nd I have an ent follow up but don't know what time. I will call tomorrow and (if necessary) try to work around the lunch date.