Western New York Area

Comments

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited March 2014

Ugh- this happens to a friend of mine her doctors have to write in again and extend her disability. Our disability company only approves three months at a time. In may your doctors need to say ur not ready and able to go back to work and provide paperwork to support the claim. Likely this will go on until long term disability kicks in. For my company that is 12 months.  God luck i know it is a lot to manage the paperwork and claims  

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited March 2014

I'm glad to hear you say it was a weird show, I thought it was just me, I will give it another try next week, you will need to remind me what day to watch, my mind is like a sieve, when I get dementia I'm going to be a real riot.  So glad that Mere is coming home and no treatment week coincide, you two will have a great time, don't have a real good time at Christopher Banks.   I love that store, there was one in Pa. when we lived there and I was still working, great looking classy clothes!  Love to all, Karen. 

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited March 2014

wish I knew you were awake an hour ago. Steroids are keeping me awake and everyone else is asleep. Nervous about bosses promotion cause I'm too low on the pecking order to be a direct report anymore. This will complicate things 

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited March 2014

so much to catch up on!

1. St. Pat's--always celebrated but not a drop of Irish (I think it was the alcohol that drew me in. Polish girl :-). Closest I have is Welsh. I love corned beef and cabbage but hubby does not. So usually just stuck with the pot to myself. 

2. Sorry we have to reschedule lunch but if we change, then everyone can come! (Fingers crossed). I was going to ask if someone has a thermos we can bring Maureen's two chocolate Martini's over for her. :) As far as I can tell, I can make the 22nd. 

3. Weather? Much better. I will take 45 degrees and run with it. 

4. Sleep? On a new weight loss medication (phentermine) so I have been having trouble staying asleep. I need to up my dose soon. I will check in here on my sleepless nights, Maureen, to keep you company. 

5. St. Jude... I will join in on the prayer. St. Jude won't be lonely. That is for sure!!

6. Oscars--I watched but was bored. Went to bed early. 

Ok let's hope we are on an upturn towards Spring, Maureen's platelets return (probably hibernating), everyone can make lunch, and the luck of the Irish follows all of us everywhere, Irish or not. Can we invite St. Jude to lunch? Take care ladies.  Love you all! <3

Susan

• bevin
    edited March 2014

Susan- will you pm me info on your new weight loss meds... I need some help. Its hard to find someone who will prescribe anything.

• karen333
    edited March 2014

OK ladies, all that talk about corned beef and cabbage, bought mine today, we will have an early St. Paddy's Day on Sunday.  Cannot wait.  Karen  Made reservations for the 22nd for 6, Let me know if you are able to attend and I will increase the number.  Reservations are for 1 o'clock., I will call closer to the date to make sure they have a bottle of our favorite.

• Maureen813
    edited March 2014

having my st. Paddy's day dinner on Monday when dd arrives home. She and I are the only two eating cabbage slathered in ketchup of course. I have more energy this week probably due to one chemo vs two. Not sure about the 22nd though. White count and platelets are too low and need to have blood drawn next week to make sure it rebounds. This sIV stuff is nuts 

• bevin
    edited March 2014

Maureen, hope your blood levels improve.  Ketchup on cabbage? sounds as bad as my dear husbands Mayonaise on Cabbage. ick.  I'm fond of salt and pepper ..

Sick of complaining of this cold weather.  I can't wait till we all have some fun spring and summer stories to share!

Karen- thanks for making reservations. I am headed out of town for a bit so will PM you if I can attend.

• SusanHG
    edited March 2014

Had my corned beef and cabbage yesterday (it was good while it lasted), then a severe gall bladder attack immediately after eating! Almost went to hospital but it subsided (thank goodness). It has happened before but I swear I either have a poor memory or I just never learn (or both). So hubby has lots of corned beef to enjoy now. :) Reluctantly went out to lunch today for souvlaki (still felt queasy) and broke one of my molars on a hard piece of chicken. To the dentist I go tomorrow!! yay. What a weekend. 

Susan. 

• Maureen813
    edited March 2014

Susan that stinks hope the dentist fixes your tooth quickly. Jump on the I hate corned beef bandwagon with Betty. It will keep you healthy. Glad no er. 

• karen333
    edited March 2014

Poop Susan, not my favorite place to go, the dentist that is.  Addison had a Weight Lifting Dinner tonight so we will be having our dinner tomorrow, Maureen, enjoy Mere, you two have a lasting bond, she came through the fire with you at the start of this journey, get extra hugs stockpiled. love, Karen

• karen333
    edited March 2014

That should have read poor Susan, when dementia actually does hit, I am going to be a real riot!

• SusanHG
    edited March 2014

haha Karen. Poop works too. Yeah I think Betty and I will be the corned beef haters. I cannot even look at it in the fridge! :)

• bevin
    edited March 2014

Susan- so sorry about your tooth. That had to be awful and sounds painful.  You and betty are definitely in time out .... corned beef haters... though I suppose with your experience its the gall bladdder that's the hater. So sorry you went through this.

Tah tah for now.

• SusanHG
    edited March 2014

Me, back again. Things are going from bad to worse here. On my way to the dentist when I get a call from my husband. Knew something was wrong as soon as I heard his voice. His dad had a stroke this morning and has been put in an artificial coma. Waiting to hear more right now. I have been worried about him too because he wasn't acting himself when we visited for the holidays. My husband may need to fly to France soon. Needlesstosay. Feeling bad for his mom who is all alone where they live and the hospital is over an hour away. Need some of the luck here. :(

Susan

• Maureen813
    edited March 2014

oh Susan. I am so sorry to hear of your father in laws illness. Please let me know what I can do? Prayers are sent to you and your family and hoping he's on his road to recovery. 

• SusanHG
    edited March 2014

Thank you Maureen. We will know more tomorrow when they wake him up. My brother in law is flying there ASAP. So hard living on different continents!

Susan

• karen333
    edited March 2014

Susan, sorry to hear this, needless to say prayers are being sent to your father-in-law, mother-in-law, your husband and you and Tristan for his grandpa.  If I can do anything else, just call. love, Karen

• bevin
    edited March 2014

Dear Susan,

So sorry to hear of your dear father in law. Hopefully they were able to quickly give him the super clot busting drug and he will recover well. If it helps  to know, My mom had  a stroke at the age of 69 and was able to recover her speach and her walking over a 3 month period. She was in rehab but was able to get back all functonailty with much work and dedication on her part and ours. We practiced the alphabet sounds for many hours a day  and P/T helped regain her walking skills and arm utilization. Praying your father in law has as much healing as my mom did.  I'll put in a call to the carmelite sisters on carmel ave in Kenmore tomorrow morning. They willl pray for his healing.

Hugs to you. Please let me know if you need help in any way. I know its hard  on you too.

B

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited March 2014

Susan, very sorry to hear about your father in law.....will be remembering him in my prayers. It must be hard being so far away when something like this happens. Let us know if we can help you out with anything especially if your husband has to go to France. I'm around most days ( well except for a few days now, I'm stuck on jury duty until at least Thursday and it's not even an exciting case). Susan, take care of yourself.

Maureen, how are you feeling this week? 

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited March 2014

Susan, I am so sorry to hear about your father-in-law.  I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

• SusanHG
    edited March 2014

thank you so much everyone. Your prayers and thoughts mean a lot. Still have not heard. We are hoping for the best. I will be fine. My husband just returned Thursday from being away for a month. Used to managing, but thanks for the offers of help. He is 74, so by no means old. Hoping he will recover right now. <3<3

Susan

• SusanHG
    edited March 2014

Maureen,

How are you doing? Have they checked your blood work yet? Hope things are going ok over there and you are resting well, enjoying our temporary warm up. 

Love, 

Susan

• Maureen813
    edited March 2014

keeping u in prayer Susan 

Jan my son has jury duty this week too  he hasn't had to go down yet. Let's hope neither has to drive in crappy weather coming out way. I was teasing dd that she brought warm weather with her today. 

Doing corned beef today. Let's hope that lousy weather disappears lol 

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited March 2014

Susan, I am so sorry to hear about you father-in-law and everything else that has been going on with you.  My prayers are with you and your family. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Maureen, enjoy your dd and the corned beef.  I almost picked one up from wegmans yesterday and then realized we will not be home to eat it this week.  May have to try for sunday.  As for ketchup or mayo on cabbage, that is just not right!!!!!! 

I walked to the bank today and then walked around the block, boy was it nice to be outside and not freezing my butt off.  DH and I went to Niagara Falls sunday and it was quite cold walking around Goat Island.  Then we went over to Canada and checked out the falls from that side and they were spectacular.   What a difference a day makes.  I hope everyone is prepared for Wednesday and Thursday, stay safe and warm.

I am so looking forward to the 22nd.  It has been awhile since we have seen each other.

Hugs to all.

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited March 2014

I had off 2 nights and beside cleaning and praying for all of you I am bored,Winking

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited March 2014

Hi ladies,

Sounds like everyone here loves corned beef & cabbage.  I can not eat it because of all my gastro conditions.  

Susan, sorry to hear about your father-in-law.  My family went through that w/ my Dad.  He had a stroke in 2003 & he never was able to speak again.  We had to play "charades" w/ him to communicate.  

Maureen, hope you are feeling better every day!  

I've been sick w/ a sinus infection for at least a week now.  Working in a school, I'm exposed to all those nasty germs!  

I've become the primary caregiver for my Mom.  It seems like each day she does less & I do more!  I guess since I live here, it's going to be my responsibility.  

I still have so much to figure out w/ my life.  As of right now, my ex is still paying for my storage unit & has kept me on his health insurance.  I receive a text from him just about once a week, informing me of something he thinks I need to know.  

Fingers crossed we don't get the snowstorm that they are predicting for tomorrow!

Take care,

Linda

• Skigirl72
    Skigirl72 Member Posts: 180
    edited March 2014

Hi Everyone! One more storm for the season. Almost all the snow has melted today. Went for a walk with the pup. Tomorrow is going to be a different story. I have an appointment at 9 am with the PS. Going to take a look at my radiated side to see if the skin is healed enough for more surgery. Going in for a lift on righty and implants to make me the same size on both sides... hopefully. I've decided to go with just 3D tattoos. We will see what happens. 

Susan, sorry to hear that your father in law is ill. I pray he recovers quickly. Maureen- I hope you are feeling well. I am thinking about you! 

Baten down the hatches tonight ladies. Its going to get ugly tomorrow...

• Maureen813
    edited March 2014

For me ugly is good. Meredith got call from airlines and they rebooked her to SATURDAY !!!!!!!   Yayyyyy bring on the snow

• bevin
    edited March 2014

Yeah Maureen...good they were proactive about her flights

Everyone, the news said a Blizzard now. Erie county government is now closed and a ton of businesses. It sure sounds bad.