Western New York Area

Comments

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited April 2014

Karen, good luck tomorrow, we will be with you! 

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited April 2014

Thank you ladies, Seaside will be joining you and Jen too.  Dye injection at 10:45, scan at 2, Susan is staying home to sign for my O2 delivery and a dear friend is coming with me, we are going to Coffee Culture here in town for lunch to distract me, although I'm feeling pretty calm.   Probably results on Monday, I'm going to call each day Betty , I have your peace doves with me.  love, Karen

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited April 2014

calm calm calming thoughts to you dear friend. 

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited April 2014

Karen best wishes for good results today

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited April 2014

Karen, in your pocket and praying for great results.

Hugs

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited April 2014

have been in your pocket today, Karen. Let us know how it went. 

Love to you,

Susan

• karen333
    edited April 2014

Hi ladies, bone scan was easy, had to tone some of you down, I almost went to sleep.  Sooo glad you were with me and that I had a friend come with me for lunch between the injection and the scan.  Technician finished and I said see anything good, she said I see some arthritis and went to show the scan to the radiologist,  He wanted an X-ray of my lower back and right hip and this good Catholic girl said SHIT, loud enough to make the tech laugh, I wanted her to say "fine, go home". So wheeled off to x-ray for pics of lower back and Right hip.  My MO should get the written evaluation tomorrow, I will begin calling at 11 ala Betty.  Going to have a CM and watch some mindless TV.  love to all, Karen

• SeasideMemories
    SeasideMemories Member Posts: 2,462
    edited April 2014

Karen,

Glad you're home and things went well during your scan.  Requests for extra images always make you sweat so I'm sure God understands!   Hope you're relaxing with your beverage of choice.  

Will be sticking close and checking on you while you wait for results.  

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited May 2014

Karen get on that phone!! Love. Betty

• karen333
    edited May 2014

Betty, you made me start the day with a laugh, will do, love, Karen

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited May 2014

Karen have you heard anything from your numerous calls to the dr?

• SeasideMemories
    edited May 2014

Heymoose,

Was wondering too!

Karen,

Been checking on and off here all day.  Any news, yet?  Still in your pocket, girlfriend!

• bevin
    edited May 2014

hey - whats up Karen?

• Maureen813
    edited May 2014

karen. Any news? Just woke up from chemo coma lol. 

• karen333
    edited May 2014

Hi dear friends, called twice, MO had not received it.   Had a blood work follow up visit with my PCP, she called radiologist and he hadn't read it yet, ASS, she called again at 4 and he had already left the hospital, double ASS.  If I have to go through the weekend, I'll be a basket case and very angry when I call, I'm holding up fairly well, only 1/4 basket case.  Do they not understand this is anxiety provoking.  Will post tomorrow in morning and afternoon so you don't worry, love you all, Karen

• karen333
    edited May 2014

Nothing yet, called PCP and MO  minute ago, ARRRRGH

• janhart
    edited May 2014

ARRRRRGH,  is right! The waiting game is the worst. But we are waiting with you.

Hugs,  Jan

• Maureen813
    edited May 2014

Grrrrrrr. Expletive $?&)(;  what the ?!$)(&.  Grrrrrrr

• kindone
    edited May 2014

Karen go knock on his door!,  No news is good news. With you, Betty

• karen333
    edited May 2014

Many expletives*^+@, MO in Rochester doesn't have them and it will take 25-48 hours to get scanned into his system. PCP in Batavia does have them, but she is not working today and only the physician that ordered them can read them and give me results, I JUST WANT SOMEONE TO TELL ME, CANCER, NO CANCER.  now what Betty, support phone calls appreciated, I'm 1/2 basket case now.

• SeasideMemories
    edited May 2014

Karen,

I agree! WTF? 

Waiting really sucks! Only thing I can think of is many times the docs are so busy seeing patients during the day that they don't have time to make their phone calls until the office closes.  That's happened to me more than once.  I had given up on hearing from them that day and, lo and behold, got a call in the evening.

Doesn't make waiting any easier but, possibly an explanation that doesn't involve me driving there to punch him out..lol!  I've had too many Chocolate Martinis while waiting to drive!!

Still in your pocket but, we're running low on drinks!

• SeasideMemories
    edited May 2014

We were posting at the same time!  That stinks.  So you're expected to wait until Monday?!!

• karen333
    edited May 2014

MO just called, NED in bones, oh are we going to party!!!!!!   love you all, Karen  I suggest a caravan to Alex's for luncheon, we have several CM"S and book a room down the street and have ourselves a slumber party.  Betty, Debbie what weekends are you off?

• janhart
    edited May 2014

OMG, Thank you Lord! Finally, so happy for you, Karen! CMs all around! 

• kindone
    edited May 2014

Karen, I am so happy for you. Party party

• SeasideMemories
    edited May 2014

Karen,

Good talking to you!  Glad that they didn't leave you hanging over the weekend...This was the picture I was trying to post!  Hope it works!

Great news!

Edited to add: They're supposed to be dancing but just the fact I got it to post is a major victory for me...lol

Re-edit to remove: Non-dancing picture because I managed to get it to work below... 

• SeasideMemories
    edited May 2014

Karen,

Great talking to you!  This was the picture I was trying to post!  Finally got it but, don't ask how...lol

Glad they didn't leave you hanging over the week end!  Great news..... The deleted post above was my first failed attempt at this one.

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited May 2014

absolutely the best news!!!!! Geez had everyone hanging there. Do these doctors know what they do and how many people they affect? Oh Brother!!!!! 

We are going to party!! Woohoo!!!

Happy for you, Karen. 

• bevin
    edited May 2014

Karen - such wonderful news for a Friday evening. Now go celebrate and rest.

Hugs

B

• Maureen813
    edited May 2014

Yay karen. "I'm happy, so happy ". Just like the song!!!