I have to follow that diet for 24 hrs before the test 

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited October 2014

Poor pup - I hope he is pkay

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited October 2014

tucker our dog was admitted to the hospital tonight. He's not doing too well. They want to watch him and give him IV fluids. I'm sad miss him but glad they will get to the bottom of this issue   Poor baby 

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited October 2014

Maureen, what animal hospital is tucker at? We had ginger, our 12 year old lab at the green acres animal hospital in July for surgery. They took good care of her.

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

They recommended orchard park animal hospital due to the way he was acting. They brought him in on a gurney, then did exam then told us they're keeping him for the night. The vet called this morning and said he had a rough night and they're getting a consult and will call me back. I can honestly say I'm scared something serious is happening.

• janhart
    edited October 2014

Poor doggie, let us know how he's doing.

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited October 2014

oooh poor Tucker, hate to think of our little 70 lb. furbaby sick on a gurney, keep us posted. love, Karen

• bevin
    edited October 2014

oh dear.. poor puppy. Praying he is okay and it sounds like he is in good hands.

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

hi all. Thanks for good thoughts. Tuc is doing better. Originally they suspected poisoning. Now they are pretty certain he has myasthenia gravis. He will need to be on meds probably for rest of life. They started it and he's standing and urinated normally for first time in days. They will get his titre stable and hydrate him. Hopefully home tomorrow. Wow what a ride!! I'm laying down now. Had chemo and tired.  In summary chemo good dog better sun shining and I'm napping. Doesn't get better than this. Did someone say chocolate martini. Loopy

• karen333
    edited October 2014

One day we will fill the hot tub that has been freshly sanitized, fill it with chocolate martinis and lay on our tummies sipping, will have to be next summer.  Sleep well Maureen and Tucker, you have had some kind of week!!!

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

it's official. Tucker coming home today. Time to re-mortgage the house LOL

• janhart
    edited October 2014

Glad tucker is coming home, but I get the need to remortgage. In July I was juggling three credit cards, one for wedding stuff, one for car repairs - I needed new tires, boy were they expensive and one we used for the vet bill, major dog surgery and two over nights. Yikes, I need a job.

Coffee one morning next week? Your choice, I'm good any day.

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

can we make it the following week?  Want to see how tucker is doing and don't like to leave him home alone quite yet 

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited October 2014

HI all, just a quick note to let you know I will be at the lunch in Batavia on the 19th.  Sorry I have been away so long, lots of stuff going on.  Will write more later.

Miss you all and can't wait until the 19th.

Hugs, Cheryl

• karen333
    edited October 2014

So glad Tucker is coming home, was worried about the "little" guy.  We'd have to push it into November, that was the only day Betty had off in Sept., Oct.   Could dh or ds and girlf babysit for a few hrs.? 

• karen333
    edited October 2014

We got our dates mixed up = luncheon is on the 19th at 1 at Alex's in Batavia, right?  I think Dementia is settling in early for me, I should be a riot in ten years. love, Karen

• Nan17
    Nan17 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2014

I live in Buffalo, NY. I found out was BRCA 2 in 2008 after my sister was diagnosed with Breast cancer at 38. I had my ovaries out in 2009 and have now decided to have a bilateral prophylactic mastectomy and DIEP reconstruction. I wish to do skin sparing.  I saw Dr. Kumar (BS) and Dr. Moon (PS) at Roswell. Has anyone had this procedure in the Buffalo area. Who did you go to and are you happy with the results? My surgery is scheduled for 11/3/14 and I would love to hear from anyone in this area that has had the procedure and who did it. I have not gotten a second opinion. Thanks for your help.

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

hi  I know of no one who had that procedure at Roswell. There is a woman who was asking the se question a few pages back but I think she ended up at NOLA. Last post she was doing great. I'm so sorry you have to go through this and wish you the best. Please check in often and let me know how you are doing. 

Maureen

• Nan17
    Nan17 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2014

So do you know how that works with your insurance if you travel out of state?

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

insurance is very specific. I'd call a care coordinator from your insurance and ask that specific question or check your policy contract. Another thought is to call the hospital you are considering and speak with them directly. Also, there is a subject on this site concerning insurance and how to pay for treatment 

• karen333
    edited October 2014

Hi all, very quiet here, are we saving all our talking for Saturday?  Who all is coming, Betty, Cheryl, Jan, Maureen I hope, Linda........  At 1 at Alex's

• bevin
    edited October 2014

Hi karen- is that this sarurday? Tomorrow? 

I will check later and let you know. Love alex's. I just need to arrange for my childs transportation to and from swimming.

B

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

the 19th is a Sunday.?? 

Have to take tucker to the vet today for check up. Hope all is ok. He's doing better and starting to take medicine without tackling him on the floor. What a site me and a 70lb dog. I get him in between my legs and pry open his mouth, put a meatball shaped dog food with medicine and close his mouth until he swallows. Repeat every 6 hrs. Hahaha

Had chemo yesterday and they only gave me one chemo because I have cellulitis in my foot. Now I have to minimize walking et all until that clears and have 2nd round of antibiotics. 

Sorry I will miss all of you this month. We need to get healthy or we will have no food or clothes because the dust bunnies and dog hair will eat them all. Hehehe. Have fun

Love

Maureen 

• karen333
    edited October 2014

Maureen, we will all miss you, so glad Tucker is better, would love a picture of med. time.  Bev, this month lunch is on Sunday, all Betty's Saturdays were booked. That was my mistake in the previous post, hope everyone sees this corrected one, Sunday the 19th, I will call everyone. love, Karen

• janhart
    edited October 2014

Hi Karen (and others), got your phone message from earlier today, I was "at work." I'm really sorry, but won't be able to make it on sunday for lunch. Hope those going have a great time. Miss you all.

Jan

• Kb33
    Kb33 Member Posts: 33
    edited October 2014

nan17

I had a diep 6 weeks ago in NOLA.   There is limited choices in wny for this procedure and felt it was best for me to go elsewhere.  I am VERY happy with my decision.  And yes it was out of network for me and I had to follow out of network payments for my insurance company.   I felt it was worth it, for me

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

kb great to hear from you!!! 

How are you feeling?  I was hoping you'd pop I'm to help our new friend nan 

Have fun tomorrow. Oh tucker is sick again. I don't think he can tolerate the meds. 

• Kb33
    Kb33 Member Posts: 33
    edited October 2014

hi Maureen and girls

I am doing well.  6 weeks out from my diep and so far... Not one issue.  Seem to be healing ahead/on schedule.  Went back to work at less than 2 weeks and am about to start running and low impact strength training this week.  6 more weeks until last surgery in December... Where I am told my girls will look like I am 20 again (with a small scar line... Of course).

Being back to full health is great.... But it means running all these kids everywhere till 10pm 7 days a week.  I could use a vacation to just sleep.  Lol

Hope everyone is doing well

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

remember those running days for the little ones. I actually miss those soccer, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, etc....  They drive themselves everywhere. I felt the same way you did during those years. Not so long ago either. 

Glad you are feeling well and looking forward to dec. what a Christmas present 

Maureen 

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

Hi friends

I have my pet scan tomorrow and feeling a little nervous. A lot has happened in my family the past couple of weeks and stress levels are through the roof. I appreciate your thoughts as they mean so very much to me