Western New York Area

Comments

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited November 2014

Karen

Yay!!!! On the computer

Boo!!! On the migraines

Hey did you think of a name for lLindas Bo?

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited November 2014

Migrainearse, this is getting old.  Jan, could you take over scheduling lunches, between the the migraines and the drug hangovers, I'm not clear headed most of the month?  Sure would help me out. love to all, Karen

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited November 2014

Oh, Karen, I hate that you're still having those migraines. Yes, I will def. work on scheduling lunches. Not sure if I'll make it to lunch because I'll be starting work soon at the mall. It's been so long since I've seen everyone. Maureen and I had a nice visit last week one morning, but haven't seen anyone else. 

Ok, so starting with Betty, when are you available for lunch?

• karen333
    edited November 2014

Thank you so much Jan, I am available anytime I don't have a blasted headache, if I am still having them next week when the weather is a constant temp, I'm going for a second opinion at the Dent Clinic, Maureen speaks highly of them.

• karen333
    edited November 2014

Buffalo Bills, one announcer caller them the cardiac kids, fits, ready for the cold weather? Jan, I usually call Betty for her Saturdays off and work around that, don't know if that will work for you - you will be busy wrapping for Christmas. Hugs to all, love, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited November 2014

Bills make me insane. I worked in the garden removing all the spent flower beds. Now I'm pooped.

How are the headaches Karen?

Did Linda ever pick new beau's name?

• karen333
    edited November 2014

Where is everybody? Maureen - no picture of the rhododendrum, (sp?) Linda, did you choose a name from those suggested? Cleaned 2 closets today, finally gave up on those sizes I'll never wear again, major trip to the Salvation Army tomorrow, my friend Chris is going to help me. hugs to all, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited November 2014

ha ha Karen. I needed the comic relief. Tucker spent the entire afternoon vomiting. It's started all over again. We know it's time for doggie heaven if he makes it through tonight. I'm heart broken

• karen333
    edited November 2014

Oh Maureen, I was so afraid it was going to come to this, he is such a pal to you. If you want someone to go with you, just give a call. Love, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited November 2014

thanks Karen

• Maureen813
    edited November 2014

tucker is in doggie heaven paw park. Miss my pal.

• karen333
    edited November 2014

Dear Maureen, my heart hurts for you, he was well loved by his mama. hugs, Karen

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited November 2014

Maureen, I am so sorry to hear about Tucker. I know you will miss him, but he will always be with you. Now if you miss him that much I'll have to give you mine.

Winking Love ya

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited November 2014

Maureen so sorry about your pup Tucker. My heart breaks for you.

Hugs

bevin

• janhart
    edited November 2014

Maureen, so sorry to hear about Tucker. As much as we complain about our dogs, they really do become a part of our family. love, Jan

• Maureen813
    edited November 2014

thanks ladies. You're the best. I feel like I'm in a bad country song today. Onc appt. zeloda isn't playing nice with my system, celebrating my moms 5 yr anniversary in heaven, car trouble, and missing my fur baby today. Can't stand being around myself today. The negativity is all consuming. Oh and it's snowing

Meredith made a nice comment on face book last night after tucker died. She said gramma now has a new friend in heaven. So sweet just made me cry.

• SeasideMemories
    SeasideMemories Member Posts: 2,462
    edited November 2014

Maureen,

I am so sorry to hear about Tucker.

We had to put our Akita to sleep 3 years ago because of osteosarcoma. She was only six years old. She was my baby and was by my side through my diagnosis and treatment. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her!

For many of us our pets are family and it a very difficult loss to face. I wish for you comfort in the memories you shared!

• Maureen813
    edited November 2014

thanks seaside.

Wow with details to follow later, these past two days have officially sucked!!

I will update later

• karen333
    edited November 2014

I WASN'T READY FOR THIS. i think I will officially go into hibernation mode.

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited November 2014

HI everyone, been all consumed with myself- my child's sports, ug!!  working a lot, sick. Hoping we don't get the snow they promise but at least if does appear the suburbs will be least hit.

Maureen- I am so sorry you have been having a difficult time. My heart aches for your puppy and I pray for you to feel as well as you can.

Hugs to all

B

• SeasideMemories
    SeasideMemories Member Posts: 2,462
    edited November 2014

We've had a light snow overnight but have been mostly a very cold rain here today! No big snow like you all more to the west have had. Going to be very cold tonight and for the next day or so. Not ready for this yet but am thinking I better get ready because it's here!

Stay safe and stay warm!

• karen333
    edited November 2014

There used to be a house across the street from me, not now. For those who must drive, like you Betty, be oh so careful. hugs, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited November 2014

yes please be careful if you are driving. I have NO SNOW and the sun is shining. Happy happy right now. Need to celebrate the little things.

• karen333
    edited November 2014

Dear Maureen, just found the picture Sherry took of you and I on the day we met, it is on the fridge, 2 beautiful ladies, I'll bring it to the next luncheon. Grass is green, my car is green - I hope to see them sometime soon! love, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited November 2014

green??

• Maureen813
    edited November 2014

sorry karen. Misunderstood your post. Thought you meant to say white because it's all covered in snow

Betty. All ok?

• Maureen813
    edited November 2014

and the band shifted north Shocked

• janhart
    edited November 2014

How is everyone? Like Maureen said, we're getting a little snow now, not much compared to other areas. I know my mom is snowed in but she has nowhere to go. She didn't believe me when I called yesterday and said the sun was shining here. Karen and Betty, I think you've both seen the worst of this. Let us know how you are. I'm worried about the warmer temps coming esp for those in west Seneca.

• karen333
    edited November 2014

Hi all, the sun is out and the sky is blue, we did not get nearly as much as Betty did. Made my first foray out to the video store, no less, Addison earned either a dinner out with a friend or a video as a prize for the sectionals the Batavia Blue Devils won, they were beaten last weekend by a far bigger school district, Cheektowaga. Streets were in really good shape, I can remember when I lived in East Aurora, I got South Buffalo weather. Everyone stay warm and safe. Karen

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited November 2014

Hope all of my Western NY friends are safe & warm! I can't believe the amount of snow that fell there! We've had our share in Rochester over the years!

Maureen, I'm so sorry to hear about your pup Tucker. When I had to put my sweet golden retriever, Casey to "sleep"; well it was one of the worst days in my life! I completely understand the impact that Tucker had in your life. Remember the wonderful years you had together & how he enriched your life! "Joy & sorrow are inseparable. Together they come and when one sits alone with you.....remember that the other is asleep upon your bed". Tucker was a lucky dog to have had you for his Mom!

On a different note, I had to laugh @ the names you have come up w/ for my ex partner. I usually call him a dickhead!

Here's something I read on Facebook: "Take a right on kiss my ass lane, go straight on fuck off way & then pull in & park @ the intersection of bite me road & go fuck yourself avenue".

Hope that gives everyone a little chuckle tonight.

Hugs, Linda