Western New York Area

Comments

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited October 2014

Maureen, you are always in my prayers, but saying extra for good results. Let me know if you're up for a quick coffee sometime this week coming. 

Hope the ladies at lunch are enjoying each other's company today.

Kb33, so glad you are doing well.

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited October 2014

My thoughts and prayers are always with you and now Tucker, we missed all of you who were not with us, I did get to talk to Buster last night which was a treat, he loves his mom.  It was Cheryl, Susan and I , we had our chocolate martinis and toasted each other and then all of us not there, going to try to get a Nov. luncheon in before it gets crazy, Betty - list your good days and Jan - you too.   we had a lot of good animal laughs ranging from mice to bats, dogs who always wake up mom and 45 degree parking in handicapped spots, you have to come to Nov. luncheon to get all the stories.  Linda, hope your Sunday went as well as could be expected, hugs, Karen

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited October 2014

Oh I am so sorry I con,t make it.  I was looking so forward to it and at Alex's.  My car brakes went and are rubbing terrorably and was afraid to get on the thruway.  Kyle is going to do them this week.  Thank god I still have to drive around.  I just got my car inspected so I am surprised.  I am glad you had a good time, I was thinking of you.   Maureen I ,ll say a special pray for you for tomarrow.  Love you all Betty

'S

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited October 2014

glad all had fun. I sat in the recliner all day trying to remain calm and resting stupid foot. 

Thank you Bev for dropping off the holy water. I'm saving for tomorrow morning 

All you mean so much to me. I'm so disappointed I missed the martini toast  looking forward to November. Maybe kb and nan could join?

Love

Me

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited October 2014

Hi all- sorry I could not make it. Sunday sports with my child ended too late to get there by a decent time. Hopefully will make it the next time.

Maureen - good luck tomorrow . We are all praying for regression and ned!

Betty so sorry to hear of your car. It doesnt sound safe.. glad youre getting it fixed this week.

Jan and Cheryl - hope you are both well.

Hope I didnt miss anyone...

• karen333
    edited October 2014

I'm in your pocket. call when you get home. love Karen

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

Absolutely Karen. 

Feeding tucker every 2 hrs so he keeps food down. So far no vomiting today. Hoping he's adjusting to meds.  I'm surprised the vet didn't include anti neausea meds? 

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

Thanks for well wishes. I tried to pour martinis in my pocket but the girl  gave me a funny look hehehe. Now we wait 

Boy we sound like a bunch of martini swilling women  LOL. I think I've drank 12 in my lifetime but it does make for fun times. 

Jan  love to go for coffee. Free the rest of this week and next   You pick the day or pm your phone number as I misplaced the sheet  

• bevin
    edited October 2014

Maureen- hoping you're holding up okay. Can I bring you a dinner.?

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

I'm holding up ok. Waiting is worse than scan. The scans that were not good, doc called that night or first thing in AM. I suppose no news is good news. Thanks for the dinner offer. I'd love dinner some night when you have time  

Maureen

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

Onc called this afternoon. I've had a "mixed" response with the Taxol/Gemzar regime Some liver and bone lesions have disappeared and new ones have appeared. He recommends changing my chemo to Zeldola?? So I'm trying to decide of this is good news or bad news? Maureen

• bevin
    edited October 2014

HI Maureen.

Glad to hear some have dissappeared, sad others have appeared. I know the lesions are in the liver and bone, is it possible those that appeared could have different hormone receptors making that could indicate why some new ones were able to grow?  I don't know enough about S4 so may be a silly question but wonder if he indicated he should check their status?

Hoping the next regime does the trick for you and they all regress!

I will call you about dinner...

Hugs

Bevin

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

thanks Bev

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

Hi All

Karen's computer is dead so she may be offline for a few days.  Didn't want anyone to worry in her absence. 

Maureen

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited October 2014

Maureen, so something must be working since some have disappeared, but now he has to get on top of these new ones to eliminate them. Yes, must be frustrating. Keeping those prayers coming.

Jan

• kindone
    edited October 2014

Amen

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

thanks

• karen333
    edited October 2014

The power of our collective prayer will see us through.  Got a laptop lost all my email contacts, could everyone send me an email, karenhoak@hotmail.com.   I.m slower than molasses on this, boy you get old, you get inflexible!!

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

a laptop?  Yay Karen  email sent 

Go Bills

• LindaJD
    LindaJD Member Posts: 134
    edited October 2014

Hi ladies,

Glad to hear you had fun @ lunch, especially drinking your martinis!  Karen, yes I think we have made some progress w/ my Mom. We have put her name on a waiting list for an assisted living facility.  She said she would consider going there.  Time will tell.  Good for you; a new laptop!  I will send you my email address,  

Maureen, sorry to hear you are having so many problems.  I didn't need chemo but I remember when my late husband was going through it.  His Drs. kept changing his drugs too.  Hope your Drs. can figure out which drugs you should take that will shrink those nasty tumors!  What's wrong w/ your dog?  

I've been in my apt. now for 2 months & it doesn't feel like "home".  I'm trying really hard not to dwell on my cheating ex boyfriend, but some days it is hard not to.  I still get texts from him & he mails me statements from his insurance co when they pertain to me.  I'm still fighting w/ his insurance co. for claims from last year when I had my surgery & radiation treatments.  I wish I could just erase the last 12 years & start over.  Unfortunately all we can do is move forward; even if it's baby steps.  

Hugs, Linda

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

Hi Linda 

So sorry to learn of your moms problems. Those choices are difficult under the best of circumstances. She's considering a facility is a huge step for her and your family. Prayers and hugs to all of you during this transition. 

Thanks for the chemo well wishes. I tell myself every day chemo is my friend. One day I might believe myself LOL

Tucker, my dog, is doing better. They suspect he has a condition similar to MS in humans although I find it strangely coincidental the start of his issues began within a day of ridding my house of wasps.     Wasps and I can coexist outside of my house but in the basement they had to go to wasp heaven. Hopefully it's all behind us now and he's on the mend. 

Concerning the a$$hole, block him from your contacts after you tell him to mail anything pertinent to your personal finances. Make him pay the bills. Jerk

You have a beautiful apartment with peace and separation from the 12yr jerk. I'd say you learned what kind of person you don't need in your life. 

How is work?

Maureen 

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

just had a thought: let's create a novel name for Linda's 12 yr jerk. I can think of a few however any name is not appropriate for documentation. 

Any ideas??

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

Loopy

how about "flop cozener"? Or flozener?  I looked on the thesaurus for a$$hole but didn't find anything  

• bevin
    edited October 2014

rat?

• SeasideMemories
    SeasideMemories Member Posts: 2,462
    edited October 2014

Maureen,

My word of choice lately that seems to be somewhat acceptable is Jackhole. Combines two choice words, gets your point across and removes the potentially offensive, although clearly implied, word..lol

But, if really mad, I have been known to precede Jackhole with the big ole f-bomb... Which kind of negates it's acceptability...lol!

• Maureen813
    edited October 2014

Linda should have the final say but all three seem appropriate. Anyone else??

• kindone
    edited October 2014

A hole

• kindone
    edited November 2014

Where is every one?  I hope every one is well! Miss you!,

• karen333
    edited November 2014

Hi all, I have my desk top, I had to delete 1700 some messages, some from July, I don;t know why I just do what it tells me to do.  the roller coaster ride of the weather has me on my 7th day of either migraine or drug hangover, thank God for my daughter, she says she feels like a drug runner, I think it has helped - her seeing me down and out and me being sure to tell her how grateful I am.  I am going to try to find my e mail account now.  Love you all. Karen

• karen333
    edited November 2014

My lord it is so fast!!!!!!