Western New York Area

Comments

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited February 2012

Hi Kelly, take it easy and don't over do it. Rest when you're tired. So  glad that you were able to have some peace with the children in school. 3 sounds like a great number!!

Take care.

Bevin

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited February 2012

Hi Kelly,  sounds like a lot of activities so soon from surgery and having chemo.  Must be the steroids doing their job.  Take it easy, one day at a time. Three children is a lot to handle just getting through the day.  Hope you are recovering well enough to join us for lunch sometime.

Hey ladies, any suggestions on our Feb/March location?  Just trying to think of good things today.  Still praying for our dear friend.  Hoping she rallies back to us soon.

Love,

Maureen

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited February 2012

Hi Kelly, whoo did you do a lot of chores, glad you were able to rest today.  That was a lot to do for anyone let alone during treatment, take it a bit easier while you recuperate.  We are glad to have you with us.  Will let you know how our girl is.  Should be home around 6, I may stop to see a friend to decompress, in that case it'll be later.  I'll be sure to give her all our love.  Karen

• Maureen813
    edited February 2012

Our beautiful friend Esther is an angel. She is our sweet friend from the WNY thread. A beautiful woman who just completed her master's degree in Nursing. A wonderful mother to three children. A wife to a warm and kind man, the love of her life. Sleep well my sweet friend. We will miss you forever sweet lady. We are heartbroken

Love,

Maureen

• SeasideMemories
    SeasideMemories Member Posts: 2,462
    edited February 2012

Maureen and all,

I have been in touch with Karen and just wanted to express my sorrow and send my condolences. I know you all are a very close group and the loss you feel is just tremendous. Heaven is a much brighter place tonight with her arrival, but it sure got darker here on earth with her loss.

With sadness,

Seaside

• karen333
    edited February 2012

to all mydear friends here, we were eight then seven and oh how it hurts.  Dearest Esther we will live with your memory forever. you're  with your sister -  in pain no longer and that is a blessing.  Mike - our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Esther you were and are deeply our love. Karen

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited February 2012

To All,

What a sad day yesterday to have lost such a wonderful woman and friend.  The pain has stopped and she is in a better place, but she will be so missed.  Prayers and condolences to her family at this incredibly painful time.  

Love,

Susan

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited February 2012

Please pm me with the arrangements. I will try to attend. I am so sad.

Esther you will always be in our hearts. Betty

• karen333
    edited February 2012

Betty, as soon as i get the message from my contact person, I will pass the info on to Maureen she will call the next person on Cheryl's list and that person will pass it on to the next person.It will be good when we are all together to share our sadness,  (((((Bety))))) love, Karen

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited February 2012

I am so sad over Esther's passing. Although I had not met her in person, I could feel what a loved member she was of this group. Prayers and condolences to Esther's family.

• Maureen813
    edited February 2012

Hi all, have the details of the services from Karen and I'll call you today with details.  Has to be later though, plow hit DD today on her way to work, so a little busy right now.  All is ok, it was in the parking lot at work but nailed the tire really good.  It's 4 wheel drive so want to make sure that didn't get messed up or that plow guy is going to have one expensive repair on his hands.  Told her to look at the bright side, she won't need her car next week anyway,..the meds are working (LOL). 

Love,

Maureen

• karen333
    edited February 2012

Hi all, I was rereading our thread yesterday and today and came across this post written by Esther,  she hated the beast as much as we all do, the post is June 24, 2011.  Now she is held by God's hand.  I shared the following with a few of you already, from her family all said how private Esther was, but when we ate at Alex's she really shared her deepest thoughts with Betty, who was sitting next to her, we can be comforted by the fact she felt comfortable and safe with us.love and hugs to all, Karen

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited February 2012

Hello Ladies, So quiet lately, we are all so sad in disbelief.  I've been working alot I think it helps me.  I will  meet Karen on Friday.

How is everyone else?  My sister bought me a carret cake for my birthday and Buster got hold of it and eat it, I `was so pissed. I didn't need it anyway.  Miss you all.

• janhart
    edited February 2012

Hi Ladies,

There is a nice write up in the Batavia News about Esther. I found it online. She was an amazing full of faith woman. And so young...it saddens me. I will not be able to join you for the wake or service. I have a Dr appt on Friday after work which has been scheduled for some time. And this week end we are visiting my mom to celebrate her 85th birthday. I just feel so blessed to still have time with her.

The article online suggested a couple different places to donate to in Esther's name, so I will be doing that and sending her husband a card.

Oh, and so glad Buster enjoyed the carrot cake...what a dog!

Looking forward to seeing you all again....and so appreciative of your friendship and support.

Love, Jan

• karen333
    edited February 2012

Hi Betty, I'm here, everythings feels so unreal to me lately, it's like it couldn't of happened.  I'm glad you and I can meet and go together.  Buster, oh my boy you did land in a great family, carrot cake just for you and mom didn't even get mad.  You landed in puppy heaven.  Just think Betty, in a few years he'll slow down, YIKES YEARS. love and hugs, Karen

• karen333
    edited February 2012

Hi Betty, Cheryl is going to meet us at Alex's at 2:45 and Susan is still trying to find a sitter for her son.  I believe Cheryl is also going to the Memorial with me, bevin is trying to line up a babysitter for Saturday. The more support we have the better, it is most certainly going to be sad for us.

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited February 2012

Happy Valentine's Day to all you lovely ladies.

Betty Happy Birthday, I seem to have missed it.  But Buster really enjoyed it and I hope you did too.  Next lunch we will have to have a Birthday toast to you.

Have a great evening!

Hugs and Kisses,

Cheryl 

• Maureen813
    edited February 2012

Oh boy, away for a few days and the stories come :) 

Happy Birthday Betty!!!  Hope buster knows how lucky he truly is.

Karen (((((hugs))))) my friend, stay safe and sound.

Jan, Hope all goes well at the doc appts.

I miss everyone.  I'll start looking for a lunch date next week.

I'm doing good, just getting things together and getting really busy for a nice long rest. 

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Love,

Maureen

• SusanHG
    edited February 2012

Betty, didn't know it was your birthday...happy birthday!  glad Buster was able to enjoy it too! ;)

Still trying to arrange something for Friday...I am a single mom for a couple days. My husband is on travel.  I want to at least try to come for a short time on Friday. Can't make Saturday due to a Big mardi gras party for French Alliance.  I have to make the crepes dough for god knows how many people.  I guess I'll have to pick up some eggs Undecided

I guess my husband's crazy schedule is paying off.  Just got a call from him saying that he was just promoted to associate director! Yippy! but hope he doesn't have to travel more.  He handles all the international business for his department so he is always off jetsetting to Brazil, Italy, Spain, Mexico and England, which I think he will be headed to soon.

Been busy and trying to recover from straining my neck on Monday.  Stupid story using my new fancy neck relaxer for too long (30 minutes as opposed to 3). In my own defense, it came with no directions.  Am finding it is really hard to use ice packs in the winter...

Hope everyone is doing alright considering.  I am going to check out the news article and see where I can donate to for Esther.  Still cannot believe it is true.

Love to all,

Susan

• karen333
    edited February 2012

Dear Susan, congratulations on your husband's promotion!!!!!  Hope you will be ablr to make it, I know you are trying like crazy to make it work. Karen

• karen333
    edited February 2012

Betty, I was carrying on about our dear Buster so much, I forgot to say Happy Birthday to you. hugs and love, Karen

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited February 2012

HI all,

Can anyone tell me where to locate the article about Esther?

Cheryl

• karen333
    edited February 2012

heymoose, I just googled funeral of esther goodrich batavia ny.  It is sad to even google that, our beloved girl.  hugs Karen

• janhart
    edited February 2012

Cheryl and others...try the link I posted below. You might have to copy and paste it into your browser. It says so much about the wonderful person she was.

http://thedailynewsonline.com/obituaries/article_7de80c52-5602-11e1-a8aa-0019bb2963f4.html

• karen333
    edited February 2012

Thanks Jan, my daughter cut and pasted for me, she was a truly remarkable woman.  The other googled site has an area to post a note to her family. I'm so sad you never got a chance to meet her, she was a love.  hugs, Karen

• SusanHG
    edited February 2012

Ladies,

Been running these last couple days, so haven't checked in.  I won't be able to come this evening after all.  Tried but everyone is either working or leaving for winter vacation.  I will be with you in spirit and sending prayers to Esther.  

Hugs,

Susan

• karen333
    edited February 2012

Cheryl and I went to the funeral with Betty, she took a half day off from work, and Cheryl and I went to the Memorial.  Both were as beautiful and compassionate as Esther, there was a large picture of Esther in her garden, taken this summer and a picture video showing Esther and Tim as 12 year olds when they met, then proms, wedding shower, wedding, and a lot of the children as they came into their life. It is still so difficult to believe she is gone and I know she is pain free and whole again, waiting for "her man". She wrote a passage to her children, then to Mike, that's when the Kleenexes came out. Cheryl went on to Rochester to see a friend who is also stage IV.  Karen

• Maureen813
    edited February 2012

Hi Ladies, Was thinking about you all day.  Glad you were together, tough time.  I'm so sorry I missed the services but was there in spirit.  Doing great, 80's, some rain.  Visited my hubbies aunt and she is healthier at 89yrs. old than I am.  Off to more fun in the sun for the next few days.  I have a pic of the view from our first hotel room I'll post some day or show during lunch.  I so wish you were all here.  See you soon,

Love,

Maureen

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited February 2012

Hi everyone, I'm sorry I've been a bit absent lately. Another dear friend of mine passed away last week, her services were Friday morning. She was only 40. Its been a difficult time here lately. Prayers  of strength being sent to everyone.

Hugs

Bevin

• karen333
    edited February 2012

Dear bevin, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your dear friend, I think we are all grieving and it will take time to get a handle on it.  We are all being super quiet, it is a time of reflection. hugs, Karen