Western New York Area

Comments

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited March 2012

Hi all,

I will not be able to make lunch on the 24th.  Visiting my niece in Long Island.  Have a great time.  I would suggest that you look for another restraunt for lunch.  It really is loud and as Bevin pointed out will probably be busy.  Another suggestion is the Creekview.  It is right down the street from the Irishman and on the same side.  The food is good and they have a dinning area right by the creek. 

Maureen, I hope your back feels better soon. 

Hugs to all,

Cheryl

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited March 2012

do you ladies want to wait till April and do the creekview?  Sounds like many are busy?  Majority wins :)  Back doing better with Moltrin and ice/ hot cold packs.  Just overdid it, too much house cleaning,  I need a cleaning lady, I'm old and tired, too tired lately. 

Love,

Maureen

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited March 2012

Dear Maureen, you are not old, if you were what would that make me.  I vote for the Creakview on March 24.  Just hate to miss a month.  Feels like the Hollows was 2 months ago!  hugs, Karen

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited March 2012

I'm in for the 24th at the Creekview. We can always plan another lunch date in April as well. Maureen, I feel bad about your back...I can imagine how painful it is. Husband woke up with back/shoulder pain yesterday. Went to chiropractor and it's somewhat better today. I had the best massage yesterday....trying to work through this discomfort with the implants. I don't know how those gals do it, who have implants to make their breasts larger! On a more serious note, tomorrow is a year that I had that dreaded mammogram that found the cancer. I guess that was a good thing. Hoping everyone is well here (or getting well). Miss you all!

Jan

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited March 2012

hi Ladies, the 24th is fine foe me and I love the Creekview.  I used to go to the Creekview Evey week when going to chemo.

Jan, One year down, GREAT

Betty

• ColdenMom
    ColdenMom Member Posts: 24
    edited March 2012

Hello Ladies-

After a few crapy days I am feeling more myself tonight! For two days I felt like I was hit by a bus, very fatigued and weak with a lingering headache.

I cannot make your lunch date this time but I'll plan for the next.

• karen333
    edited March 2012

Hi Kelly, we will be waiting to meet you at our April luncheon.  I'm glad you are feeling better today, I didn't have chemo but from listening to the ladies here that hit by a bus feeling is how they have described it too.  Take care, Karen

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited March 2012

I vote either way for lunch, but I definitely prefer the Creekview!  Food is great there and MUCH quieter with a great view if we can get a table down by the windows.  Glad you are feeling better Maureen.  Backs always heal, but seems to take much longer than it actually does.  I am a long time back "survivor".  Hurt it the first time in my early 20's and have had relapses every few years.  I do Pilates now at PT (for over 2 years!!) and my back is unbelievably strong now.  Even the chiropractor is amazed how "normal" it is.  Jan-"happy" cancerversary, if we can say the day is happy.  It's another year away from the trauma and each year will bring more healing.  The massage sounds great!  I need one.  I keep asking my husband to check if we can use our health care savings on massage.  They give me brief massages at PT but it is never enough.  Kelly-SO glad you feel better.  One down, three to go, right?  Hope to see you in April...

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying our wam day today!  I do believe spring is on its way (if not here already).  My plants are slowly rising, even my tiger lilies are starting to come up!!

Susan

• heymoose
    edited March 2012

Hi all you lovely ladies,

I will miss you all at the Creekview, enjoy yourselves it is really good.  A fiend of mine works there, not sure on Saturday's but ask for Gina and tell her Cheryl sent you. LOL.

Jan, conratulations on your 1 year cancerversary.

Kelly feel better and look forward to seeing you in April.

I would like to ask everyone to say a pray for my friend Shelly, she passed away today.  It is also her Birthday (51).  I am so sad.

I hope everyone is doing well. Take care and have a great weekend.

Hugs and Prayers,

Cheryl

• karen333
    edited March 2012

heymoose , I am so sorry you have lost your friend, the fact that it was on her birthday is incredibly sad.  So many losses of so many friends.  Please convey our prayers and condolences to her family and to you.  Rest quietly, pain free, Shelly

• SusanHG
    edited March 2012

I am so, so sorry for your loss, heymoose.  Prayers and condolences to her family and her friends.

Too many losses these days...

Susan

• SusanHG
    edited March 2012

So, has everyone survived our wonderful windstorm? We had a huge branch "impale" (literally) our garage, poking holes straight through.  So, of course, call to the insurance company to make a claim and get it fixed ASAP so we can sell our darn house!!  Bad, bad timing...

• karen333
    edited March 2012

Susan, it was quite the windstorm and lasted so long too.  So sorry about the garage, hope work is done ASAP and assuming the car wasn't in the garage!  hus, Karen 

• karen333
    edited March 2012

Susan, I think you and I are the only ones around.   Where is everyone?  Karen

• Maureen813
    edited March 2012

Hi Everyone,

Kelly,  Hope chemo stays good to you and fatigue is only SE.

Susan,  so sory to hear of your garage.  Material things are inconvenient, lives are irreplaceable, glad to hear no one was injured in the storm.

Cheryl,  so very sorry to hear of your dear friends passing, please pass along my condolences to the family.

I'm doing ok, had friends over for dinner last night and had turkey with all the fixings for dinner.  Came out really good and enjoyed the company too.  We fared okay during the storm.  Power flickered and DH was at the dentist when their power went out and they only accomplished numbing his mouth and had to send him home.  My back is feeling better, I keep doing stretching exercises to help.  I'll call the creekview tomorrow for reservations and let everyone know if it's available. 

Talk soon,

Love,

Maureen

• SusanHG
    edited March 2012

Yes, I know, Maureen! So glad it wasn't a person!  Pretty scary...

Karen-my car wasn't in the garage, but the branch only went in a few inches.  

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited March 2012

Hello Ladies, I worked through the Storm, no damage at home.  Sue sorry about your garage.  Good luck on the sale of you house.  Do you have one pick out already?

Cherly, So sorry about your friend, even when we know its coming its still hard.  Sorry you are going to miss lunch, We are going to miss you FRIEND.

Maureen so glad your back is getting better.  Pain is pain.

Jan, counting down the days with you, hope all is we.

Kelly, hope all is going well with chemo, it gets better really

Karen, I miss you. Do you want a dogWink

When to Shea's last night saw La Mis.  It was great.  Can't wait to see you all at lunch.

• karen333
    edited March 2012

Dear Betty, your posts always make me smile, I'm assuming Buster has been bad, what stunt has he pulled this time - or should that read stunts?  The last time I spoke with Esther, before her hospitalisation - Buster and your poor purse story made her smile.  I prefer to enjoy Buster from afar, also the 2 cats would undoubtedly freak out, I can just imagine the pandemonium.  Can't wait to see everyone on the 24th!!  hugs to all, Karen

• ColdenMom
    edited March 2012

Hi there ladies -

13 days out of treatment and I am doing well. Day 3-5 was the worst and I gradually felt better. My hair started falling out yesterday, I'm going to give it a couple days before I just clip it all off. I'm not too upset about the hair loss I almost feel like it's just part of the process of getting better. next treatment is the 15th.

Cheryl, so sorry about your friend's passing. (((hugs)))

Looking forward to meeting everyone in April!

Take care,

Kelly

• karen333
    edited March 2012

Dear Kelly, I did not go through chemo but it seems to me that you are getting through it with minimal side effects and a great attitude to boot.  I'm sure day 3-5 were miserable, but you are looking beyond it and focusing on the goal - to kick that cancer to the curb.  Even your attitude towards your hair is focused on "getting better". I am in awe of your strength and positive energy.  We will definitely be seeing you in April!!!  hugs, Karen

• Maureen813
    edited March 2012

Kelly,  remember that day, my heart is with you.  It does get better, just like you.  Day 3-5 was difficult day. Hugs to all,  will PM lunch details tonight, I hope, crazy days.

Lovek,

Me

PS.  Karen LOVED the email about senior moments, brain fart should be my middle name.

• ColdenMom
    edited March 2012

Thanks Karen and Maureen!

• Maureen813
    edited March 2012

Hi, sent invites for lunch,  If you didn't receive a PM, I screwed up please let me know.

Karen, love the senior moment stuff

What a beautiful day!!!  I was soooo happy to have sunshine and warm weather.  I'm so ready for spring.  Bought a new iron and ironing board.  It was time,  the ironing board collapses at will and with a hot iron, not a good thing, so I splurged.  I'm crazy busy at work lately, need another vacation or the lottery :)  Hope everyone is well.  Can't wait to see everyone.  Sorry we will miss some of you, but we'll catch up in April.

Love,

Maureen

• SusanHG
    edited March 2012

Thanks for sending the details, Maureen.  As of now, I will be able to come, barring unforeseen house deals.  We are seeing 8 more houses on Saturday, so who knows?  maybe we will make an offer!  But then, our house needs to be put up for sale and I am so not looking forward to that Frown.  Cleaning out cupboards and closets is not preffed way to spend spring break...

Susan

• heymoose
    edited March 2012

Hi to all you lovely ladies,

Thank you for all of your prayers.  It has been a difficult few days.  The wake was monday evening and the funeral was tuesday morning.  What a beautiful sunny day for the funeral.  I returned from rochester on wednesday morning. 

I am sorry I will not be able to make the lunchon, but mentioned to Maureen to remember me when you toast Esther w/ your choc. martinis. 

Kelly glad you are feeling better.

Hugs and Prayers,

Cheryl 

• karen333
    edited March 2012

Dear Cheryl, you must feel just drained of emotion, it has been a difficult few months to say the least.  You are a good strong friend to your sisters with bc.  We will be sure to toast for you with our signature drink as we toast Esther and your friend, Shelly.  hugs, Karen. 

• Maureen813
    edited March 2012

Hey, where is everyone, the good weather went away and everyone is sooo quiet.  I swear the solar storm made people crazy.  Got stuck in traffic because I wanted to go to Tops after work and the signal was out with wires down in the street at Millersport and North French at 5PM, uugh 1/2 hr later I was 4 cars further than before.  Anyway, got to the store for ingredients to make my Irish Soda bread like a good little Irish girl.  We're having the corned beef, cabbage, carrots, potatoes and soda bread.  I made two kinds, one with raisins and one with craisins.  Going to celebrate my mom's bd. She would've been 75yrs. old tomorrow.  Talk to everyone in the morning.

Love,

Maureen

• Maureen813
    edited March 2012

hey, posting real quick.  Getting worried not hearing from anyone.  Hope all is ok?  Anyway celebrating St. Pat's day early this year.  Had the whole celebration with sisters et all, then tomorrow I have a wedding shower, my babysitter's son is getting married.  Can't believe he's getting married, according to my age, he can only be 14 or 15 yrs. old LOL.  Nice day, went to Kohl's for their sale.  Need to get my hair dyed too, so happy my hair came back ok, a little too curly for me but what the hey. 

Love,

Maureen

• Maureen813
    edited March 2012

oh, BTW, DD anounced she's moving to FL. by the end of the year when she graduates,  we went from Lawyer to Accountant in one month.  Hopefully the FL thing changes too, but worried, she wants to move home to save money.  Having her so far away would be really hard, she was my rock when I was sick.  I know it sounds selfish but I want her to stay close to me.  Weird huh? 

Have a great night, don't forget to turn the clocks ahead.

Maureen

• karen333
    edited March 2012

Hi Maureen, dinner sounds wonderful, now will have to have corned beef and cabbage this  week!!!  Hopefully DD will change her mind again, I know how close you two are, happens naturally when they have  been your rock during treatment as your DD and mine were. Didn't we raise lovely children?  Boy, this thread has been awfully quiet for quite awhile, I noticed that happens when we get close to a luncheon time, it's like we are saving all our stories to share at lunch!  I cannot believe we made it through a winter, if you can call what we had "a winter", without missing a luncheon.  Last year we would have easily missed 3 or 4.  It is a beautiful sunny day with more good weather to follow all week.  Will have to get DD to turn the clock in the car ahead, she is the only one who knows how to do it, I am amazed I'm computer literate to the extent I am, I am lost on programming any electronic device.  love to you, Karen