Western New York Area

Comments

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited April 2012

Whoo hoo right back at you Kelly. Now we have 2 reasons to do the happy dance in May.  Or is that 3, Susan is all finished with her coursework?  There will be dancing at the Creekview and a few chocolate martinis and wine, time for the ladies to party!!!

• Maureen813
    Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826
    edited April 2012

Congrads are in order, all good news from the WNY girls!!!  Yay.  Off to housework/laundry then off to the divorce party.  I'll let you know how it goes.  After much searching, I found a divorce card and put a gift card inside.  Not sure what else to do.  Have a great day.

Maureen

• karen333
    edited April 2012

Dear Maureen, they actually make divorce cards, I got gypped never got to have a divorce party.  I wonder if you can have a belated divorce party, did you notice cards for that?  As a gift - one of those lovely glasses we had our drinks in at the Creekview, if you'd like to fill it that's OK too. What do you really give, a black candle if it was messy  or a gold one if things turned out nicely?  I have a bizarre sense of humor!!!!!!!!!  love to all, Karen

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited April 2012

Hi all you lovely ladies,

Betty great news. Kelly so happy you are finished with chemo, how are you feeling? What a happy night it will be at the creekview.  Karen, what a lovely sense of humor.  Maureen can't wait to hear about the divorce party.  Susan and Jan, I hope you are doing well.

DH, DD and soon to be don-in-law, and myself walked the Autism walk at Summit today.  It was nice.  My DD works at Summit with kids that are 3-5 years old. DD and boyfriend left for a night in Geneva and a wine tour.  He will be proposing tonight, I hope she calls with the good news.  So happy for them.

Hugs, Cheryl

• janhart
    janhart Member Posts: 292
    edited April 2012

Hi Ladies, Kelly congrats from me for finishing chemo. Hope you are feeling well. How are those three kiddos of yours doing...so cute. Karen, there is always time for a belated party, don't think there's a time limit on that! Cheryl, you were within steps of my house today at the Summit walk. I'm just around the corner. It was a nice day for that walk....looked like there were a lot of walkers. Exciting news about the proposal. Does DD have any idea or will it be a complete surprise? Betty, Maureen, Bevin, hope you are all well. See you soon. Love, Jan

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited April 2012

Jan- Have you thought about trying acupuncture? I had a friend who had great success with mastectomy pain relief with that.  We have a very good local doctor who practices acupuncture.

Colden Mom- so happy you are through with Chemo.  Thats terrific news.

Maureen- is it St Anthony we pray for for lost things? I'll add prayers someone finds and returns your rings.

Susan- how is house hunting? Did you make an offer on the one in Clarence.

• karen333
    edited April 2012

heymoose, do you have a beaming DD?

• Maureen813
    edited April 2012

Hi all,  Congrads Cheryl, hope they had a wonderful evening.  I'll be married 24 yrs. tomorrow, celebrating will have to wait as DH is working.  Glad to hear all is good with everyone.  We'll have many reasons to celebrate in a few weeks.

The divorce party would rival some weddings.  So much to tell but having DS BD party in about 5 min.  so I'll update tomorrow, later or when we celebrate.

Bev,  It's St. Anthony.  I'm afraid my rings are long gone :(  So sad, really wanted the wedding band, that meant the most to me.

Love

Maureen

• karen333
    edited April 2012

Dear Maureen, Happy Birthday to DS and I'll catch you and DH tomorrow.  Waiting for the grandkid's to get home for Sunday dinner, made a nice Pot Roast, with homemade (by someone other than me)cannolies from the Italian deli here in town.Such a beautiful day, DS has been busy all day sanding teak lawn furniture, to be stained, for a client of her's.  Got to take advantage of our sunny days.  hugs to all, Karen

• heymoose
    edited April 2012

Hi all, They are engaged and it works for ll of us.  Will let you knoe the details once we talk.  Love all. hugs Cheryl

• Maureen813
    edited April 2012

Congrads!!!!

• karen333
    edited April 2012

Dear Cheryl, congradulations on your new son- in- law to be!!!!!  We'll be waiting for all the details.  hugs, Karen

• karen333
    edited May 2012

Dear Maureen, Happy Anniversary to you and your DH, sorry I was so late in posting.  I think he is working so you celebrate this weekend, have a very happy time. love, Karen

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited May 2012

Congrats to Betty for normal markers!!!, Kelly for chemo being history!!!!, and Cheryl for your DD's engagement!!!.  Good for all of you!  Sorry to have been so absent.  Our house went on the market yesterday, still have my final paper to finish, we already have three appointments for house showings and an open house on Sunday (we are pretty worn out from cleaning at this point :(  ), and my shingles pain is finally starting to subside.  It was rough there for a while because I broke out in more blisters during our trip to Washington at Easter.  The last blister was right on my spine and it was painful! But, it seems as soon as it broke, the pain went with it.  Our agent wants us to wait a bit before making any offers.  The house in Clarence isn't going anywhere, and we can see if anything else comes out.  If we get our house sold right away, then our offer will be stronger and we will be able to call the shots.  Please if someone could let me know when our next meeting is that would be great.  I must have missed it at some point. Hope everyone is enjoying our springy, rainy weather!!  At least it's not snowing  :)  Susan

• karen333
    edited May 2012

Dear Susan, there aren't enough hours in a day to do all you are doing.  Come relax with us on May 14th at 5:30, we switched to Monday evening because so many have commitments for Sat. and Sun. We will be celebrating you too, for getting that paper done.  I will Pm the location.

• SusanHG
    edited May 2012

Thank you, Karen.  I should be able to come.  I'm pretty sure my husband will be in town then.  Will be so nice to relax!!  Paper is due the 11th.  Cannot wait!

• heymoose
    edited May 2012

Hi all, 

Thank you for the congratulations on the engagement.  I am so happy.  Ben is so romantic.  The setting was perfect.  If I can print pics, I will have them for dinner.  Hope all are doing well.  

Hugs,

Cheryl 

• karen333
    edited May 2012

Cheryl, can't wait to see the pictures, he sounds like a wonderful future son-in-law, sooo nice to see the whole family happy about an engagement!  hugs, Karen

• bevin
    edited May 2012

Cheryl, congrats, it sounds like your daughter will have a very nice life. Can't wait to hear about all the wedding plans!

Betty - so glad that you had clear markers, good news in deed!

Kelly - so glad Chemo is behind you.  Remember - chemo rocks! it kills those cancer bugs!! Hurray for you.

Maureen- so sorry that missed your wedding anniversary, If it makes you feel any better, mine was on 5/2 and I missed that too.  My poor husband remembered though.. I have had pizza brain lately..

Hugs to all

Bevin

• Maureen813
    edited May 2012

Hi all,  why so quiet?  enjoying the lovely weather?  I'm doing good.  Really busy at work lately and just finished up some work tonight.  I took a two hour nap today, so unlike me but enjoyed.  Sorry haven't been on lately.  Went back to Doc for check up on the infection and guess what?  Back on antibiotics :( I'll be superwoman with not one nanobacteria in my whole body LOL.  Hope everyone is doing well and we get to visit soon.  I miss my friends.  Have plans for mother day which is opening day at the baseball field. Not sure what they were thinking but doubt many parents will show up that day.  Anyone following the Corasanti case?  Been reading in the papers, so sad, no good outcome.  DD is packing up for the move and I'm just cleaning for stress relief. 

Love,

Maureen

• karen333
    edited May 2012

Hi all, hi Maureen nee' Superwoman, boy that infection is sure hanging on, hope this last course of antibiotics kicks it's butt.  Went to PCP yesterday to check on BP, it was 140 over 100 when I went to the BS, at PCP it was 132 over 80, so I just freak out whenever I see my cancer team, good to know won't have to add another pill.  She did change the med I was on for the joint pain, it seems to be working, today I went up and down the stairs in the normal manner not one step at a time grunting and swearing.  Getting out of the car was beginning to be a real cuss worthy adventure, sure hope this does the trick.  Loving the weather, spring has truly sprung, next weekend is the Lilac Festival in Rochester, it is just spectacular when the blooming is right at the peak at festival time, going in with a friend on Saturday.  Had a scare last night, my DD had taken DGS and a friend to a concert in Bflo., belated Bday gift and DGD was at a track meet that started at 3 in Pembroke, by 9:30 still hadn't heard from her for pickup at the High School.  DD and I were both calling her and she wasn't answering her phone.  By 10:00. I was really freaking as was DD, finally reached her at 10:15, four schools were competing and she had just gotten her phone out of her track bag, so all was fine, oh the thoughts that run through your mind.  She did not get home till 12:30 and had a haircut at 8 this AM, so I had a really good nap today too, a friend of mine calls that falling into bed from exhaustion a face-plant LOL.  Will see all  of you soon. love and hugs, Karen

• janhart
    edited May 2012

Hi Ladies, not been able to get online...really have to do something about this Internet connection here. Maureen, when is DD leaving? Just know you can call if you need a quick coffee date. I'm around most nights. Worked outside most of the day cleaning garage, weeding, etc. Painter finished in kitchen and dining room today...it looks awesome...so pleased with his work and the colors he helped me pick out. How is everyone else? Congrats, Cheryl on step daughters engagement. Have they set a date? Susan, so glad school is almost over for another semester...time to relax. My younger DD is graduating from UB next Friday with her masters in school guidance. I'm taking a personal day to go to her graduation. Last year her undergrad graduation was seven days after my surgery so I couldn't go...so she didn't go either. I'm so excited for her...she has worked really hard. Karen, how is your family? They always keep you busy, but I know you love it. Kelly, hope you are feeling well and hope the worst is behind you now. Keep those positive thoughts flowing. Betty, hope your family is well too. You and your kids sound like a fun group. Bevin, I may be asking you for the name of the acupuncturist you mentioned. Have appt with Dr Bauer week after next and then I'll decide what I should do. Gotta try something. Oh and yes, Maureen, following that awful trial. That accident happened just down the road where I live. My husband responded to that call that night...it was awful. And now there was another young boy hit by a car. It's all so sad. On that note, I better sign off. Getting tired....church in the morning. Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Love, Jan

• SusanHG
    edited May 2012

Hello Everyone!

Well, we accepted an offer on our house last night.  The first person who saw it put the offer in.  It has been one crazy week--14 showings and 25 people at the open house on Sunday.  We almost had 3 offers, but two pulled out when they heard there would be a bidding war.  Now, to finish my paper, get through the house inspection, and see the last few houses on our list.  I'm still ok for our dinner, but we still may need to bow out to make an offer Monday, since Sunday is Mothers day.  I will let you know.  I have my mammogram and breast MRI this morning.  Cannot wait to get it over and done with.  I reduced my dose of my gabapentin, but have been getting my chest pain back.  Not sure if I should call about it, or just wait it out.  Shingles are so not fun!  Glad my mammo is on my other breast today!  boy, would that hurt!  ok I will keep in touch about Monday.  Take care everyone!

Susan

• kindone
    kindone Member Posts: 435
    edited May 2012

Hello Ladies, Very quite lately.  I have been busy with work, I got a second job at a nursing home 3 nights a week.  I need money for a trip I am taking and my daughters destiny wedding. (no date yet). 

I hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait to see everyone on the 14th.  We will all catch up then.

I don't like the new formatUndecided

Hugs Betty

• SusanHG
    edited May 2012
    I don't either, Betty!  Took me a while to get to this board again...You are one busy lady, Betty! Try to relax between jobs.  I hope to make it Monday, but still not sure.  My mammo came back normal (boy, I love that word!) and I haven't gotten a call yet about my mri.  I guess no news is good news.  I go to the breast clinic on Wednesday for my check up, so I will probably get results then. We had the inspection on our house yesterday, but haven't heard back yet whether the buyer want s to proceed.  I hand in my final paper today (just doing my last corrections) and see the remaining houses tonight.  hopefully, by the end of the weekend, I will be stress free and can start vacation!! Doc increased my dose of Gabapentin so starting to feel better.  Looks like I will be dealing with the after effects of shingles for a while.   Darn BC Yell
  • ColdenMom
    ColdenMom Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2012

Hello Ladies!

It's been a while since I posted... Everything is going well. I had my last chemo on the 26th - Whoo hoo! I'm feeling more myself everyday.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Moms!!!

I may not be able to make the dinner on Monday. Soccer scheduled for the kids came out and they both have a game on Monday. Glen will have to with one and me the other. Please let me know when the next lunch/dinner is so I can plan to attend. I will also have the flyers and tickets for the wine tasting by then. Our printer is a bit behind. Monday, July 16th at Rich's Atrium is the day and place.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!!!

Kelly

• Maureen813
    edited May 2012

Hi all!!  Happy Mother's Day,  many not going to the dinner on Monday, do you want to reschedule?  Sorry have been busy just like everyone else lately.  Can you guys give me a count for Monday?  Just PM yes or no and I'll check tomorrow.  one divorce party and one wedding down, one more to go.  Having DD going away party today and she wanted turkey,so I'm cooking turkey today, the things we do for our kids.  Hell I'd cook turkey every day if she wouldn't go LOL  maybe not every day, every other? 

Love

Me

PS, don't like this format at all, or don't like change, not sure which one.

• karen333
    edited May 2012

Hi all, Happy Mother's Day to all of you, Maureen it is going to be bittersweet to you, I too would be cooking whatever her little heart desired for dinners.  When is DD leaving, is t sometime in May, I seem to remember that?  We had DD's Art Show last night, she had 48 pieces displayed from paintings to children's book's night light.  Light turnout but she sold 4 pieces, so that is pretty good, her exhibit will be there for 3 weeks, so the possibility of more sales is still possible. My stepchildren came and that was so good, in my mind's eye they are still the 6 yr. old and 10 yr. old who first entered my life.  DGS and DGD are making french toast and bacon for DD and me for Mother's Day breakfast tomorrow and so a new tradition is born.  Hope everyone has a wonderful day.  hugs, Karen  

• janhart
    edited May 2012

Happy Mother's day to some of my favorite ladies! Hope the nice weather continues for tomorrow. I also, will not be able to make Monday's dinner. Have just started back to yoga and the class is every Mon at 5:45. It will only be my second class so I hate to miss this soon. I also hate to miss our get togethers, but I gotta work on managing this discomfort. Hopefully, next month will work better. Enjoy tomorrow and Monday dinner. Love, Jan

• bevin
    edited May 2012

Hi everyone, miss you all. 

Sending wishes for a wonderful Mothers Day to everyone.

I will not be able to make dinner. I broke my leg and am in a cast and crutches for 3-5 months. Non weight bearing... no FUN at all.

Depending on how long I have to stay in this permanent cast, I may be able to join the next lunch/dinner.  It 's my right leg so can't drive either. UGH.. hopefully, I can hitch a ride with one of you!!

TTYL and have a beautiful day.

p.s., I don't like the new format either.  Hopefully will adjust my tude with time.!